Sign in to follow this  
farjat

What Do Players Want?

You should probably create a BS item map, say PL. Kind of hard to control, but it?d be kind of cool to keep rares/stated items out of scene just for one map.

This way new players could still enjoy some pvp while they gather items. As they progress and acquire more items, they can use them somewhere else.

Just give them the chance of having a fair fight.

Maybe even bringing back the ND (noob dungeon). Roll back to the time when the entrance was in town instead of farm. Increase the lvl to 140- or 160 179 (maybe even trough a couple of pits in), and as I said before, dont allow rares, because then they might have to face ND raiders, or PL raiders (item whores) which are impossible for them to kill.

I think that if you keep tuning this idea, you can get something really nice for new players. New thoughts keep comming to my mind such as, an entrance to ML mines from the ND, or a link to D2. Just helping new players to get faster to some places, say stone golem pit at d2, while enemies from the other town, have to run as hell to get to the sg pit in d2. Maybe modifying the maps could help.

I remember when I used to play hb int (the original) I used to love the noob dungeon because I could have fun in there, get quick to the other town, mine etc etc.

Just a thought

Edited by Hikari

I still think a lot of players (as am I) are discouraged of lvling and hunting because there are no decent pits around. For me it's just... there's no other word but discouraging to know that I have a far lesser chance of scoring a good item here than I do on helbreath usa (official servers for crying out loud) for example. If the droprates are this low, I don't think it'd hurt adding mg and ettin pits to the game for example.

The other thing is - find a way to make alternative chars (not just pure mages, 104 str bmages and bbh warrs) useful. Many of these alternative characters get stuck at the point where they need to get items in order to make up for what they sacrificed in order to get their stats done, where also the lack of useful pits comes into play.

1) Dedicated Pits - I suggest dedicated pits for different creatures. Hunting for me is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game, new pits for creatures like unicorns and Liches, which are rarely hunted, would certainly rekindle my interest! There is alot of redundant space in dungeon level 3 just waiting to be exploited ^_^

2) Fishing - Giving the game an extra dimension might not be a bad idea. Imagine being able to fish for rares and stated items? There have always been rumours that excalibur+2 could be fished from water, how bout making it a reality?!

Edited by IRONCLAD

You should probably create a BS item map, say PL. Kind of hard to control, but it?d be kind of cool to keep rares/stated items out of scene just for one map.

This way new players could still enjoy some pvp while they gather items. As they progress and acquire more items, they can use them somewhere else.

Maybe even bringing back the ND (noob dungeon). Roll back to the time when the entrance was in town instead of farm. Increase the lvl to 140- or 160 179 (maybe even trough a couple of pits in), and as I said before, dont allow rares, because then they might have to face ND raiders, or PL raiders (item whores) which are impossible for them to kill.

I think that if you keep tuning this idea, you can get something really nice for new players. New thoughts keep comming to my mind such as, an entrance to ML mines from the ND, or a link to D2. Just helping new players to get faster to some places, say stone golem pit at d2, while enemies from the other town, have to run as hell to get to the sg pit in d2. Maybe modifying the maps could help.

I remember when I used to play hb int (the original) I used to love the noob dungeon because I could have fun in there, get quick to the other town, mine etc etc.

Just a thought

If they made a map where u couldnt use rares it would just start killing pvm action... After all I see HB in 3 parts that should be in balance... Hunting (pvm) fighting other players (pvp) and leveling your character and its skills.

1) Dedicated Pits - I suggest dedicated pits for different creatures. Hunting for me is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game, new pits for creatures like unicorns and Liches, which are rarely hunted, would certainly rekindle my interest! There is alot of redundant space in dungeon level 3 just waiting to be exploited ^_^

2) Fishing - Giving the game an extra dimension might not be a bad idea. Imagine being able to fish for rares and stated items? There have always been rumours that excalibur+2 could be fished from water, how bout making it a reality?!

I like the 1st idea, even tho it doesnt necessarily have to be those pits... and adding new pits would also bring some more pvp action.

The 2nd idea is great also, but I see that part in a bigger scale. I think skills like manufacturing or mining has lost their usefullness because of high exp rate... Who needs manu armors when u can have dk, or who needs to mine for money since u can get tons of it from anywhere... Not to mention fishing or farming, theyre pretty useless.

I want to see more liable end-game weapons.

Black Shadow Sword? COMPLETE garbage. Maybe make this a rare-ish drop (like a BH droprate) and be able to have stats.

Battle Axe? Garbage. Maybe make a dark knight battle axe or something? Or increase the damage/crit range?

The introduction of level 180 as maximum just totally ruined creative stat placement...you don't really have to sacrifice anything to have almost everything. You can have 200 str and 200 dex without worries now. Maybe even introduce a new stat system into the game. Like raising the stat cap or something. Less stat points per level?

Make it so that using the higher level magics and higher damage weapons costs your character big time. WITHOUT changing maximum level.

Edited by Synz

I want to see more liable end-game weapons.

Black Shadow Sword? COMPLETE garbage. Maybe make this a rare-ish drop (like a BH droprate) and be able to have stats.

Battle Axe? Garbage. Maybe make a dark knight battle axe or something? Or increase the damage/crit range?

The introduction of level 180 as maximum just totally ruined creative stat placement...you don't really have to sacrifice anything to have almost everything. You can have 200 str and 200 dex without worries now. Maybe even introduce a new stat system into the game. Like raising the stat cap or something. Less stat points per level?

Make it so that using the higher level magics and higher damage weapons costs your character big time. WITHOUT changing maximum level.

naise ideas

Just a thought

If they made a map where u couldnt use rares it would just start killing pvm action... After all I see HB in 3 parts that should be in balance... Hunting (pvm) fighting other players (pvp) and leveling your character and its skills.

I like the 1st idea, even tho it doesnt necessarily have to be those pits... and adding new pits would also bring some more pvp action.

The 2nd idea is great also, but I see that part in a bigger scale. I think skills like manufacturing or mining has lost their usefullness because of high exp rate... Who needs manu armors when u can have dk, or who needs to mine for money since u can get tons of it from anywhere... Not to mention fishing or farming, theyre pretty useless.

I said only 1 map. You would probably get tired after a while and would like to raid the enemy town, pits in TOH and fight people in IB, drucnian city, etc etc. For that you still need the items.

You cant poach players from games the bigger newer games. You have to remember this game is old. The people who play it have played it for years rarely do you get brand new players who stick it out. We need to offer players something the other HB communities dont provide. We used to provide an original reliable game, so does HB Arg now. Nem Int needs to offer something that Arg doesnt have, as well as other servers.

We need events. With all due respect to Hunter, he is just not around. He is busy in real life and he just doesnt have time to do as many events as the server needs, when there is an announced event its not always carried out due to real life commitments. Keep Hunter around, but please get another GM to help out with the events. Get a GM from a timezone outside of the US time zone to help keep the now LARGE player base in the Asia/Oceanic area as well as the European based players. 1 GM doing events is CLEARLY not enough.

Make other classes viable. We are bored of BBH warriors. Update some of the Pre V3 stuff like Giant Swords, Battle Axes etc to make them a comparable class to BBH's. Update Lich Neck and Stone Golem neck.

I think we should also decrease the number of monsters in Battlefield. Make it a viable hunt map. WHen people go there, they stick 1 one little corner and waste a lot of timing clearing the crap like Tentocles and Centaurs and Lizards so they can attempt to take a few demons gargoyles helclaws only to be swamped by a stupid Fire Wyvern or TW spawn.

Edited by Vampyr

What about increasing the amount of eks required for hero items? Makes it more of an achievement and perhaps stops the older players getting bored as easily as it'll take longer.

I reckon it would also be good to introduce a load of new dye colours and increase the drop rate of them making chars more 'customisable'. Perhaps make new types of cape like a demon cape or something which'll be a specific colour and have certain stats. (Which will always be the same.)

Agree with Vampyr about the GM thing, having frequent events at certain times would prolly give ppl more of a reason to play. I also think the new GM should be for Int only as theyll be able to spend all their time helping us out so will be around a lot more.

Just my tuppence worth.

Probably increase the drop rate for Demon Slayer / Excalibur / Rare Spell a little higher? It's so rare that it gives no hope at all.

Have you seen how many rares have dropped recently? Flooding the server with rares is NEVER the answer. Look at HBUSA. They have flooded their server with rares and its an absolute joke. Limit the amount of rares that are flowing out the door and you have more chance of new players joining the server as they wont be pwned by Rares.

Agree with Vampyr about the GM thing, having frequent events at certain times would prolly give ppl more of a reason to play. I also think the new GM should be for Int only as theyll be able to spend all their time helping us out so will be around a lot more.

Just my tuppence worth.

Well in the past 99.9% of events were held in similar times which were horrible for Oceanic/Asian players and not horrible but... not fantastic for European players. It catered for those in America/South America because they had the larger player base. That player base has now shifted and we are still getting the shaft. Makes sense to have an event GM, or even a GM that logs on and chats to players and has a presence from these area's.

You cant poach players from games the bigger newer games. You have to remember this game is old. The people who play it have played it for years rarely do you get brand new players who stick it out. We need to offer players something the other HB communities dont provide. We used to provide an original reliable game, so does HB Arg now. Nem Int needs to offer something that Arg doesnt have, as well as other servers.

We need events. With all due respect to Hunter, he is just not around. He is busy in real life and he just doesnt have time to do as many events as the server needs, when there is an announced event its not always carried out due to real life commitments. Keep Hunter around, but please get another GM to help out with the events. Get a GM from a timezone outside of the US time zone to help keep the now LARGE player base in the Asia/Oceanic area as well as the European based players. 1 GM doing events is CLEARLY not enough.

Make other classes viable. We are bored of BBH warriors. Update some of the Pre V3 stuff like Giant Swords, Battle Axes etc to make them a comparable class to BBH's. Update Lich Neck and Stone Golem neck.

I think we should also decrease the number of monsters in Battlefield. Make it a viable hunt map. WHen people go there, they stick 1 one little corner and waste a lot of timing clearing the crap like Tentocles and Centaurs and Lizards so they can attempt to take a few demons gargoyles helclaws only to be swamped by a stupid Fire Wyvern or TW spawn.

Good point :wub:

new event GM pls...

someone trustworthy and much younger who still has the fire and passion to play everyday.

HB dont need GMs.

Hunter is THE event GM and its enouf

I like Synz Idea

Well I don't see Hunter or any other GM on since the Run For Zem @ Bleeding Island few months ago.

Ops, ya i saw farjat, where he start the heldenian manually few days ago.

So yeah, we need a GM, newbies have a lot of questions to ask. Btw, maybe 2 GM with 2 different timezone, to make it real fair. Players from Asia hardly or kinda impossible to join the events that is made by Hunter.

Please consider?

new event GM pls...

someone trustworthy and much younger who still has the fire and passion to play everyday.

HB dont need GMs.

Hunter is THE event GM and its enouf

I like Synz Idea

An event ever 6 months is not good enough. Not if you want to keep players comming back for more.

Just make me your additional events GM.

I've quit playing but I'd be willing to do that on a semi-regular basis.

You've had my application for years, I've got the experience (vast), I'm in the right timezone.

Think about it (seriously) :P

You've had my application for years, I've got the experience (vast), I'm in the right timezone.

u lost your chances years ago!

u lost your chances years ago!

Even if I did or didn't, you've yet to make a new one.

You haven't even promoted White up to do it, which you should have done a million years ago.

Players have been telling you for aeons that you need a new events GM, particularly an oceanic one.

Even the ideas I suggested for events which all the players + staff liked never got used because there was no event GM to run them.

Seriously, this is the reality of nemesis. How many times do players need to tell you to hire a new GM. You found like 8 for HB Arg easily enough but still have yet to bestow that kind of responsibility on anyone in Int.

Honestly, I don't care if it's me. I know I'm good for the job but if you'd rather hire another it's your server go for it, just do it. I won't be surprised if a year from now there's still no new events GM though.

Just to help with what players want.

- go on with event[GM], summon events are good and ppl likes em

Active GMs, Ive been calling for this for the better part of a year. Yes the GM's lately have become more active, however they are all primarily active in one timezone. With the majority of the Argentinian population moving, the Asian/Oceanic population has a much larger representation, with no GM on in their time zone. Not one event is EVER in a time zone which is remotely good for them. A GM who can do the minor events in that time zone will go a long way to keep those players.

new event GM pls...

Well I don't see Hunter or any other GM on since the Run For Zem @ Bleeding Island few months ago.

Ops, ya i saw farjat, where he start the heldenian manually few days ago.

So yeah, we need a GM, newbies have a lot of questions to ask. Btw, maybe 2 GM with 2 different timezone, to make it real fair. Players from Asia hardly or kinda impossible to join the events that is made by Hunter.

Please consider?

I thinks Gm cant change nothing. I barely play the game and inteeds i try to help ppl with my own char. If u want to help ( and i know u do Eldon) its not necesary to have more GMs.

Whats the point to make more events? Go hunt look for ppl from another city.

ppl Ask for events cuz they want som prizes. they want to win something with no effort. Win 1 hours event its not so hard. Hunt days for an items is hard. Event GM is the same that raise the drop rate.

And if the event have NO benefit, no 1 will play. And i saw that. I play this sever since the statarter and i know almost all the ppl that plays here, so i can tell u that.