Sign in to follow this  
Stang

Helping New People More.

Ok well just gonna share a few idea i have of helping new characters.

#1)Yesterday i talked to 3 different sub 180 people, all 3 of them had no idea that you can lvl very fast in bararcks untill your 180. Maybe some how we can make it so these new players know.

#2)I think now that you can get to lvl 180 fast that untill you reach level 180, when you recall it sends you to the farm. And possibly to help with my "#1" idea that when your sub 180 when you recall it flashes at the top of the screen saying " the best place to level before 180 is barracks"

#3) Instead of have a rev pot in your bag when you create a new character, how about a spg.

#4) I always see new mages begging for money, maybe have the spells cost nothing or possibly reducing the price severly.

what do you guys think?

yea prices in spells are quite stupid since gold doesnt have any value in this server, and its annoying for new ppl not being able 2 buy spells

+1 for spg when beginning and no cost in spells, a tactic for players to stay in barracks until they are 180 is not to let them out of barracks once they are in, so that they will be forced to get lvl 180 in barracks.

+1 for spg when beginning and no cost in spells, a tactic for players to stay in barracks until they are 180 is not to let them out of barracks once they are in, so that they will be forced to get lvl 180 in barracks.

nah, if they have to repair a weapon they wouldn't be able to get out of barracks :P

nah, if they have to repair a weapon they wouldn't be able to get out of barracks :P

I kno, but overall it'd still be convenient, there wouldnt be goldies out there.

put a shop and bs inside barracas :P , give them to start 300k gold or make dummies drop only gold, and a lot 4 o 5 k per dummy

Edited by Mito24

Ok well just gonna share a few idea i have of helping new characters.

#1)Yesterday i talked to 3 different sub 180 people, all 3 of them had no idea that you can lvl very fast in bararcks untill your 180. Maybe some how we can make it so these new players know.

#2)I think now that you can get to lvl 180 fast that untill you reach level 180, when you recall it sends you to the farm. And possibly to help with my "#1" idea that when your sub 180 when you recall it flashes at the top of the screen saying " the best place to level before 180 is barracks"

#3) Instead of have a rev pot in your bag when you create a new character, how about a spg.

#4) I always see new mages begging for money, maybe have the spells cost nothing or possibly reducing the price severly.

what do you guys think?

+1

The best help you can give to a new person is giving them a guild.

But no one wants a newbie in his guild, giving free eks. No one likes to spend time explaining how to play Helbreath, or answering their questions. But yeah, everyone wishes for new players to come.

Countless times I have seen how a newbie comes into town asking questions and nobody bothers answer. A lot of people even insult them when they die to enemy player because they dont know how to face the situation, or when they make a mistake...

I think those changes aren't relevant at all, no offense.

About the barracks, its as simple as telling and taking them to the barrack building.

The spgp? I dont think its something that would help a lot.

Money issues? Most of users have millions of gold. Sparing them 200k/300k gold isn't going to hurt anyone.

Best help: giving them a place (guild) where to learn, socialize, hunt, etc.

Edited by Svafnir

I think we should indeed help them a bit.

I'll talk to the staff and see opinions if and what.

Suggestion I'll put:

- Add PGP.

- Add 500k in 50k chucks to bank.

- Add UNTRADEABLE Zemstone of Sacrafice 1/3 to bag.

- Add 3 UNTRADEABLE Zemstone of Sacrafice to bank.

- Add them automatically to the "Newbies" guild.

- Add auto-messages with basic information for players, messages cycle and show every X seconds (messages like: best leveling place untill 180 is Barracks, A zemstone of sacrafice protects your items from dropping, etc...)

- Add auto-messages with basic information for players, messages cycle and show every X seconds (messages like: best leveling place untill 180 is Barracks, A zemstone of sacrafice protects your items from dropping, etc...)

Brilliant..

it would be nice a map guide or something like that with pits, most new players only know a few spots to train, and once those pits r being camped by raiders, they dont know what to do

it would be nice a map guide or something like that with pits, most new players only know a few spots to train, and once those pits r being camped by raiders, they dont know what to do

thats very true. maybe put "maps" in there bags that shows the pits locations... make it a bounded item so they dont drop.

besides most ppl new to the server dont know the "nemesis pits", like trolls in ml (pr0 for mages and nub wars)

I don't agree on putting free golds to newbies / lowering the price of the spell / BS weapons.

Yes golds might not have a good value, but it doesn't mean that we should completely abolish it. Newbies should learn to communicate with people, to try get into guilds, to adapt to the game play. Go hunt slimes, kill scorpions. Get all the drops at the scorpion pit and sell it off.

Senior players who doesn't want to recruit them into their guild can help them by giving useful items (exp wand / weapons) or golds (since you guys have tons of it).

Seriously, stop pampering or baby spoon the players. Sooner or later players will request for free ms20 hp49 wand for warriors / free sharp flemberg rep+4 / free mass free liche spawn every 2hours in the town.

But I like the Auto-Message. +1 on this.

I don't agree on putting free golds to newbies / lowering the price of the spell / BS weapons.

Yes golds might not have a good value, but it doesn't mean that we should completely abolish it. Newbies should learn to communicate with people, to try get into guilds, to adapt to the game play. Go hunt slimes, kill scorpions. Get all the drops at the scorpion pit and sell it off.

Senior players who doesn't want to recruit them into their guild can help them by giving useful items (exp wand / weapons) or golds (since you guys have tons of it).

Seriously, stop pampering or baby spoon the players. Sooner or later players will request for free ms20 hp49 wand for warriors / free sharp flemberg rep+4 / free mass free liche spawn every 2hours in the town.

But I like the Auto-Message. +1 on this.

+1

But no one wants a newbie in his guild, giving free eks. No one likes to spend time explaining how to play Helbreath, or answering their questions. But yeah, everyone wishes for new players to come.

Countless times I have seen how a newbie comes into town asking questions and nobody bothers answer. A lot of people even insult them when they die to enemy player because they dont know how to face the situation, or when they make a mistake...

About the barracks, its as simple as telling and taking them to the barrack building.

Money issues? Most of users have millions of gold. Sparing them 200k/300k gold isn't going to hurt anyone.

I think we should indeed help them a bit.

I'll talk to the staff and see opinions if and what.

Suggestion I'll put:

- Add PGP.

- Add 500k in 50k chucks to bank.

- Add UNTRADEABLE Zemstone of Sacrafice 1/3 to bag.

- Add 3 UNTRADEABLE Zemstone of Sacrafice to bank.

- Add them automatically to the "Newbies" guild.

+10

I love your 2 ideal =)

hope this can help the new player =)

You do know what you're saying is a perfect example of several fundamental fallacies correct?

I'm seeing at least the appeal to probability, denying the antecedent, and correlation does not imply causation fallacies.

Herp derp.

I dont like the pgp idea, unless it is untradable/undropable

I dont like giving them more gold

Magics prices should be lowered, i agree... there is no point to lvl to 180 in 10 minutes to not be able to buy useful magics, they will not stay at nemesis

I dont like the pgp idea, unless it is untradable/undropable

I dont like giving them more gold

Magics prices should be lowered, i agree... there is no point to lvl to 180 in 10 minutes to not be able to buy useful magics, they will not stay at nemesis

Agreed...and the auto-message thing would be very helpful, too. (With an option to turn it off)

made a guild just for new players but then the problem of communication came along. seems like most of the players that are new on hb nemesis speak spanish. i tried :(