Sign in to follow this  
farjat

What Do U Know About Taming?

I WANT TO BE THE VERY BEST...

LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS ...

*cough*

Sorry. Anyways, I'd like to see Taming implemented, but nothing higher than what you can summon using Alchemy. (Demons/Unis)

Perhaps Jing & MJ are right on this.

I consider removing GG, HC and TW from the list.

Many people will say "there is no use for taming" if we remove it... but that's not true.

- With Taming you can tame MORE different monsters then you actually can Summon.

- Taming can be used to lure monsters to a different location easier and faster then ever ! (Tame the mob, move yourself to some place (the mob follows you) and wait for the taming delay to finish off and the mob will stuck somewhere (hopefully))

- Taming doesn't require ANY bag space, while summoning potions take up to 5 or more bag slots (if you want an army of 5 and some backup pots if your army dies).

Training Taming to 100% just for being able to summon demons/unis doesnt worth it.. (ofc thinking that Taming skill would be harder to train than any other skill)

It should be something like fishing, but harder, really harder.. and not the common 'current skill % +2 from 20 to 50 / next skill * next skill / 10 from 51 to 100'..

And there should be some kind of Tame points.. for example:

Taming points limit: 1000.

HC points required: 1000

GG points required: 500

DD points required: 300

Ettin points required: 200

So, you can tame:

1 HC (1000 points)

2 GG (500+500)

1 GG, 1 DD and 1 ettin (500+300+200)

You can tame monsters and use them only in the same map.

(BUT) our lovely GM crew can develop something like a pokeball (with different taming points limit maybe, being 1000 taming points limit pokeball the proest, and 500 taming points limit pokeball the suckiest).

Hard to get as any other rare.

If you get one, you will be able to tame monsters and put them into the pokeball (depending of taming points limit of your pokeball) and use them anywhere. When your summons die, you can repeat the whole process..

----------

Sounds good, but i think is way to difficult to manage.. i dont even know if this is possible..

A lot of things are possible ;p

I think up to GG is fine, including apocalypse monsters (centaurus,balrog,minotaurus,giant lizard, MMO, etc).

You could make it so that the super powerful monsters (wyverns, TW, HC, dragons, abby, etc) CAN be tamed but they only follow you and don't attack ANYONE. This means that a tamer would be REALLY useful in luring for hunts.

Imo.

The lureing thing isn't going to cut it at all.

Most ppl know how to lure and wouldn't sacrifice 40 statpoints on charisma to make it slightly easier.

All these summons you are talking about? What are you going to use em for?

Tame scorps in Enemy town on raid days?

I know there are monsters in Procella that can be used for PvP and such, but honestly how often do you get raided in Procella? I wouldn't get taming for using it once or twice a week.

Only way I can actually see this working good is for soloing demons in d4, and there's a question following this.

Does NPCs killed by other NPCs drop first drops?

GG is fine on my way of seeing it, they dont have 100% 2nd drop.

peraphs there could be some kind of party taming, 2 tamers can tame wyv, 3-4 hc, 5-6 tw, 6-7 tws

if a npc kill another, they still drop second drops, and anyways,u could scan the monster untill u see hes low hp, /hold, and get the kill urself

GG is fine on my way of seeing it, they dont have 100% 2nd drop.

peraphs there could be some kind of party taming, 2 tamers can tame wyv, 3-4 hc, 5-6 tw, 6-7 tws

if a npc kill another, they still drop second drops, and anyways,u could scan the monster untill u see hes low hp, /hold, and get the kill urself

I like this idea :)

Imo.

Most ppl know how to lure and wouldn't sacrifice 40 statpoints on charisma to make it slightly easier.

While the "most people know how to lure" thing is totally right, I have to majorly disagree with you on that fact that it would only make luring "slightly" easier.

The monster would not attack you at all, it wouldn't matter if the thing you're luring is a runner, and it wouldn't matter if the tamer is AMP'd while luring.

That sounds like an amazingly helpful tool. Especially for luring the TOH3 pits and the wyvern/TW pit. You could also lure the monster to a safe position on hunts in the abby map or the battlefield map.

~~~~

That said, I'll expand further on what I think would be a good system.

* Aggressive monsters shouldn't attack tamed monsters until you make the tamed monster go into attack mode.

* There will be several commands for tamed monsters:

- /follow : will follow the tamer wherever he goes (tamed monsters begin in this mode).

- /attack : the tamed monster will start to attack enemy monsters or players.

- /release : will return the tamed monster back to an aggressive monster.

- /hold : will make the tamed monster stay still.

- /tgt : will make the tamed monster target an enemy player.

* Only monsters up to the level of a Gargoyle can the /attack command be used.

* All monsters in the game can be tamed.

* Tamed monsters attack a random monster when going into attack mode.

* The /tgt command only works against enemy players, you can't target a specific monster.

* You can tame up to 4 monsters at the same time up to the strength level of a cyclops.

* You can tame up to 2 monsters at the same time up to the strength level of a demon.

* You can only tame 1 monster at a time after demon.

~~~

Not sure on how long tamed monsters should last under the tame skill, I'll leave that to someone else.

Edited by Synz

All ideas are good. But one thing im sure is that Taming SHOULDNT be very difficult to train, or noone will do taming.

It needs to be easyer, and as its somehow easy, the tame shouldnt last very much or shouldnt be able to tame very big monsters.

Sincerily. This staff have made A LOT of coding which noone see because his difficult to get!

So lets do something we can use!

Hi, there! I really liked the idea of taming. But I never seen it. Is there any video or SS where I can see how that works? I think that is GOOD tool but if you transform it in a hard skill it would be useless.....

^^

Imo.

I know there are monsters in Procella that can be used for PvP and such, but honestly how often do you get raided in Procella? I wouldn't get taming for using it once or twice a week.

Only way I can actually see this working good is for soloing demons in d4, and there's a question following this.

-during big fights in ml you can tame an hc, invi it, and place a trap in one of the bridges for e.g.

-in ib you can tame a tw so you can ruin your enemies hunt..

- also you can also tame stalkers and /tgt someone so they would drive him *censored*ing crazy with their stun.

- use tamming for luring big pits such as the ones in the seeds in toh3.

etc etc etc

I would love to tame 4 demon and tgt PinkLady.

Btw, can we zerk on the monsters we tamed? As the monsters are not summoned from spell instead. Get what i mean? :-/

I understand what you're asking.

Zerking them is possible, as they function the same way as summoned monsters (by following you and obaying commands) they can also be zerked :)

I would love to tame 4 demon and tgt PinkLady.

Btw, can we zerk on the monsters we tamed? As the monsters are not summoned from spell instead. Get what i mean? :-/

I understand what you're asking.

Zerking them is possible, as they function the same way as summoned monsters (by following you and obaying commands) they can also be zerked :)

tamming an abby would be so bad a$s...

My 2 cents-

- I think this is an awesome idea, but IMO, same map only taming doesn't seem to make much sense(as most useful summons are not on pvp maps)

- I think free range of taming should be ok(ie upwards of hc and tw for sure) I mean a little more casualities in nemesis wouldn't hurt anything I promise you that :rolleyes:

- And I think that(expanding on my first comment) 100% earns the right to save summons(maybe an extra slot on magic circles) for use on other maps(but of course some kind of very low % to accomplish the save or just really hard to make the summon work. I would love to see this implemented regardless, just thought I'd add my thoughts as well ^_^

I don't know if many people remember, but in the olddd days of barracks raiding, one of the biggest benefits was summoning cyclops to completely rape all the level 50-. I know that was some time ago but I felt like it was an intense game play because it kept things different and while it was difficult to kill a cyclops at 50, with enough people you could counter and blast the 10 vit Mage to hell :lol:

I say this cuz I think summoning creatures never reached it's full potential(Summoning a cyclops at 180 is hardly threatening) and for that reason the ability to sacrifice a good amount of stat points to summon a decent monster( such as a tw or a zerked gg) should be completely fine to me. Especially if the monster is on a timer. We are talking new builds in helbreath and a change of pace in pvp. Anyways, that's what I've got! Great idea and I hope to see it soon!

B)

Imo.

-during big fights in ml you can tame an hc, invi it, and place a trap in one of the bridges for e.g.

-in ib you can tame a tw so you can ruin your enemies hunt..

- also you can also tame stalkers and /tgt someone so they would drive him *censored*ing crazy with their stun.

- use tamming for luring big pits such as the ones in the seeds in toh3.

etc etc etc

I was relpying on synz topic. Please read carefully once more as goes for HCs and TWs.

As for stalkers, or any other monster in ML I just don't believe this is worth 40 charisma.

I would never in a million years waste 40 stat points so that I could lure TWs at IW pit, trash mobs at DE pit or abby map.

I know how to lure and it's working out pretty good for me.

Get potion like Pokemon!

if u can manage the mob with /hold /attack etc.. U can hold it and kill? Hold - Kill tw and get drop? U cant tam mob depends of HP he have if mob's hp i higher then 1k u need 160 skill of tam, in other words u need 2 person with 80 skill of taming or something like that. To tam Hc u need 4 ppl with 90 or 100 skill..

Edited by RUTH

if u can manage the mob with /hold /attack etc.. U can hold it and kill? Hold - Kill tw and get drop?

yes you can hold it by command... but it's a friendly mob...

if your casual summon dies, it dies and doesn't drop... same would be for tamed monsters.

If it dies (cuz it's being attacked and hp gets zero) it'll die and drop nothing...

You could use taming to tame a hc/tw, lure it to a safer spot and let it's timer runs out while you set-up to kill it ;)

Or you could lure tws to a far away place to stuck them faster & easier then the way you do it now...

You'd no longer mess on tw's that are runners, or if you stucked the mob in a bad place and it attemps to escape...

luring those dark elfs, beholders and hc's out of your GG pit in toh3...

lure that nasty frost miles and miles away from your IG pit...

taming have time? i mean u can tam mob for 1 min 5 min 10 min..??

yes, you tame the mob untill it turns against you.

Depending on which mob you tame, they'll last longer (or less long)...

If you go over the max skill % (which'll happen for most mobs), you gain bonus time for each % you're over the max (a formula calculates your bonus time).