Sign in to follow this  
El Rafa

About Laming And Permanent Ban.

Well i'd like to start out with saying I don't feel sry for lamers getting permanent ban. I can't really understand why someone lames, very immature, stupid, unsporty and... i don't know what...

Anyways.

Even thou i think its right up there with hacking and duping items I do believe the "1 strike your out" rule is a bit hard.

About ppl agreeing to terms and agreements where it is stated what rules the server have... Seriously, nobody ever read terms and agreements, ppl only click ok (especially computergame playing kids).. This does not justify the act of laming but im being REALISTIC here, with emphasis on REALISTIC.

Now.

I do think laming should be severely punished, but not with a permanent ban from the start.

I believe 1 warning should be given when a player is caught laming, this punishment should however be severe. It should be something like:

- all eks and hero items removed

- all stones and all gold removed

- all alchemy parts and mining mats removed

- all skillpoints to 0

- all contribution points removed

- -700 rep

- 1 month ban

- cant do quests for month (after 1 month ban)

- You have to walk around with a big LAMER! sign on top of ur char with letters as big as Critical! for 2 weeks

- Call his/her mom...

etc etc... u get my point.

However, if the message didnt go thru the first time. THEN a permanent ban is well in order and i'll shoot celebrating light all over elvine when it happens, no matter who it is. :)

Ty.

/Zoul

hmmm

lamming is trying to fool gms.

why would gms be soft with you when you trying to fool them?

i say no, lamming is as bad as duping/hacking in my book

Because it'd be more difficult to remove just a few items, instead of wiping the character clean. :P

Actually it might be possible to write a script for it, but I don't know if it's possible or not.

We dont want lammers here and we ban them to 2030.

They have a second chance, it is called amnesty, it is still a privilege and we give them to most of the players banned till 2030.

People always take advantages or cheat but then they are not enough men to take responsibility for their actions when they are penalized

Lmao I think if a player is caught laming and follows through with the player amnesty than they should have LAMER! Above them for TWO weeks hahahahaha that is an awesome idea on that I'd say. Please please do this!!!

i second with zoul suggestion, GM should give a warning 1st for those lamer.. GM can wipe out all his ek and hero part instead of giving him permanent ban... this is because many new player and even some old player didnt read all the rules. when they apply an acc they just click yes and start the game. so i think they should be giving a second chance. i know there is an amnesty system but i dont think it is a good idea due to it wipe out all his item and skill. if u were one of those lamer will u take the amnesty to start over again ? answer is NO! Lamer is bad but let think thoroughly about it, he mayb lame just few ek and then get permanent ban and lost all his item... u think it's fair to him ? i dont think so... since nemesis is dying so strict rules is no longer working it;s only making the situation more worst. No offense.. i hope GM will consider about Zoul suggestion. :)

Edited by ViaNz

Amnesty program is not a 2nd chance imo, its just keep ur old name insted of making a new char. a new 180 takes like 1 week to make?

Then players will dupe, steal, hack, lame or cheat in anyway possible(even more)... if they dont get caught, great! if they do... well they have a second chance.

When we are severe players think it twice before making something stupid.

btw, with amnesty you keep your name, lvl, total exp and magestics. (rep = 0)

the only difference with your first warning is they keep their items, -700 rep and cant do quests?

Then players will dupe, steal, hack, lame or cheat in anyway possible(even more)... if they dont get caught, great! if they do... well they have a second chance.

When we are severe players think it twice before making something stupid.

btw, with amnesty you keep your name, lvl, total exp and magestics. (rep = 0)

the only difference with your first warning is they keep their items, -700 rep and cant do quests?

Zoul suggestion is just for the ek lamer, other stealing, dupe, hack and cheat i think they deserve to get permanent ban because dupe item mean challenge the GM... I think ek lamer should giv second chance is because the lamer wont affect other player or the server but dupe, steal,hack and cheat will have impact on other player and the server. hope u guys get my point Edited by ViaNz

well, a new player come to server, see's this, realize we got multi client... and lame 1-2 eks

we dont realize it, so than he does it again tell others about it, what hes got to lose? if he gets caught he wont lose his itens, will just lose the few eks hes got?

i mean, we dont want to have to check logs everyday for lammers, at begin of server there was mass lammers, nowadays its like 1 ban per month, because people know if they get caught they get baned, lose itens and stuff

well, a new player come to server, see's this, realize we got multi client... and lame 1-2 eks

we dont realize it, so than he does it again tell others about it, what hes got to lose? if he gets caught he wont lose his itens, will just lose the few eks hes got?

i mean, we dont want to have to check logs everyday for lammers, at begin of server there was mass lammers, nowadays its like 1 ban per month, because people know if they get caught they get baned, lose itens and stuff

ok i get ur point, let's say if the lamer really that lucky he escape almost everytimes but it is impossible to be that lucky to escape 100% from GM... no matter how many ek he successfully get once he get caught he will lost all his previous ek including all his hero set and giv him a warning if he does again they will get permanent ban... u might feel the newbie hav nth to lose even get caught by GM...so y no try to lame ? is they luck if didnt get caught but if they being caught they pay back all the ek... yea he has nth to lose and so does the GM but server have +1 player because he didnt leave the server and he might feel that nemesis is a good server and he might recommend his fren to play....

2nd thing u mentioned is lamer will increase due to they will tell other about it. permanent ban might help server to reduce lamer but u ban new player... they got nth to lose also... they can play other hb server... but we lose 1 player or mayb 2 or more coz he might ask his fren to leave wif him.. for example, karri case, karri got banned pwn and other friend also leave...permanent ban isn't the only solution to reduce lamer .. if u say it is then explain to me y till now still hav lamer ? :blink: In addition, u think people will still lame ek if they know their ek will be wipe out in the end ? ask urself why u need ek ? bcoz u want hero set... if ppl know their ek and hero set will wipe out they wont take this risk....

Edited by ViaNz

What about this. For those who got banned because of EK laming, his account will be suspended, but not exactly permanently.

GMs can can put his acc/items on Donation site, in that way, items will stay, and if he wants to continue, cool, make a big donation on his items.

Don't have the money? Get the amnesty program, but ur items will not going back to you.

Amnesty program sucks? Don't lame then.

Other players are interested? Go grab it and donate it to the server, your donation will be much appreciated.

This way, items will "stay" regardless whether there will be anyone willing to donate it or not. Person who donated will be announced, but not the price.

Server it's not selling the items, GMs is not selling anything. GMs is only doing their job, get the bad guy, take all his stuff. Put it on donation. Nobody wants it? Don't blame the GMs for keeping the items. It's there for donation. Or sounds like an auction.

Where the money is going? Many way. Server maintainance, server advertisement, server upgrade for better graphic perhaps? Web upgrade. Anything you name it.

What about this. For those who got banned because of EK laming, his account will be suspended, but not exactly permanently.

GMs can can put his acc/items on Donation site, in that way, items will stay, and if he wants to continue, cool, make a big donation on his items.

Don't have the money? Get the amnesty program, but ur items will not going back to you.

Other players are interested? Go grab it and donate it to the server, your donation will be much appreciated.

This way, items will "stay" regardless whether there will be anyone willing to donate it or not. Person who donated will be announced, but not the price.

Server it's not selling the items, GMs is not selling anything. GMs is only doing their job, get the bad guy, take all his stuff. Put it on donation. Nobody wants it? Don't blame the GMs for keeping the items. It's there for donation. Or sounds like an auction.

Where the money is going? Many way. Server maintainance, server advertisement, server upgrade for better graphic perhaps? Web upgrade. Anything you name it.

lol ur suggestion is no different with amnesty program. what about their skill ? how to make donation ? is the lamer hav to make donation for each item ? or for one package (all item including their skill )? what about the new player ? u think they will pay for few stone and skill they had ? i think ur idea just making the server more complicated.... no offense Edited by ViaNz

nope

lammers are not different to dupers , cheaters etc

if those lammers knew how to dupe or cheat they would be doing it,

they are just breaking rules, and trying to fool gms, so no,

perm ban for lamming makes perfect sense

this is not a fruit server

lol ur suggestion is no different with amnesty program. what about their skill ? how to make donation ? is the lamer hav to make donation for each item ? or for one package (all item including their skill )? what about the new player ? u think they will pay for few stone and skill they had ? i think ur idea just making the server more complicated.... no offense

Lampa more complicated, LOL. I'm just putting a draft here, doesnt want to go further detailed if it's not even bothered.

Like you said, it's a new player, what item they got? zwand + xelima rapier? Even if they have some item or stones, it will be low. So the advice for the new player who gets banned, take the amnesty program, don donate a single penny. Get ur skills trained back, it's easy to train back the skill, not even a week. And besides that, you still have your 180 hard earn level there. Items needs to be donated will fall under donation page/any page (this is not a big issue). Price of the donation will be determined by GMs and staffs. Individually or as a package, up to the GMs or further discussion (if any).

This is just another optional choice i'm proposing aside from the amnesty program, and the zoul one (i really love the idea of symbol "I AM BIG TIME LAMER LAUGH AT ME" on top of the char running around).

The purpose of this amnesty program is NOT ENCOURAGING ANYONE TO LAME EK AT ALL. Rather than "Hei if you lame EK, that's alright, you still have your precious items, but no more eks :( so please, no more next time ya sweet heart."

If that is so, many people would like to "try their luck" and see if there any possibility to get easy EK - ie. Lamming it.

And like I said, if you don want to donate it, go get the amnesty program and say bye to your whatever in your bag. If your items are precious to you, donate it, don't whine saying it's unfair. Again, server NEVER EVER encourage people to lame EK. Society NEVER EVER encourage people to rob a shop or your neighbor McDonald. Your parents NEVER EVER encourage you to rape a girl to get a baby or to satisfy you. Rules are still rules, obey, or face the consequences.

Sorry I didn't know that i can't lame an EK after playing a month or so, I thought a little is alright. Dude, give me your items, and I'll tell you "sorry i didn't know that i can drop it on ground, i though people will ask who drops it and give back"

(Did i talk too much? LOL)

*Edited grammar errors*

Edited by kennychl

nope

lammers are not different to dupers , cheaters etc

if those lammers knew how to dupe or cheat they would be doing it,

they are just breaking rules, and trying to fool gms, so no,

perm ban for lamming makes perfect sense

this is not a fruit server

:excl: :lol: agree x)

We dont want lammers here and we ban them to 2030.

They have a second chance, it is called amnesty, it is still a privilege and we give them to most of the players banned till 2030.

People always take advantages or cheat but then they are not enough men to take responsibility for their actions when they are penalized

or they have 3d chance.. waiting till 2030 :) IM SURE HELBREATH IWLL BE ALIVE THEN !!!!

1st Offence- Total wipe of EKs and Hero Parts. And TWO weeks "LAMER!" above character.

2nd Offence- EK Wipe, LAMER! above char. Level dropped to 140 Cant retake DK set until 200cont, 2week ban

3rd Offence- Char banned until 2030 must go through player amnesty.

^^i think that should do^^

1st Offence- Total wipe of EKs and Hero Parts. And TWO weeks "LAMER!" above character.

2nd Offence- EK Wipe, LAMER! above char. Level dropped to 140 Cant retake DK set until 200cont, 2week ban

3rd Offence- Char banned until 2030 must go through player amnesty.

^^i think that should do^^

looks nice.

Read the rules children.

Read the rules? Isn't this the suggestions forum? Please don't make pointless posts. If a GM doesn't want this topic to continue THEY will close it, not you. Thank you :)

Read the rules children.

Read the rules? Isn't this the suggestions forum? Please don't make pointless posts. If a GM doesn't want this topic to continue THEY will close it, not you. Thank you :)

When you get GM's quoting posts without saying anything, you may as well have a dead suggestion.

There's already a 2nd chance in place and its called the amnesty program, which is plenty good.

You AGREE to read the RULES to play the SERVER, if you break these rules, GMs punish how they wish. Not knowing the rules isn't an excuse.

This isn't a Democracy.