Sign in to follow this  
JingGM

Making Shields Heavier

Maynard your one person and yes you get mowed too sometimes very easy on mage and on war ive seen it myself, you getting killed on Gamny when these guys starts using ab on your ma set and your a goner. When pfa or DS even you with ie neck have been killed by meteor or MMS in matter of seconds but we arent talking bout only 1 persons skills but to mass pvps when mages gets the benefits of this kind of fights more often than wars. Now back on the thing that matters i see this : msshield is gotten way too easy in here from wyv/hc/tw and any other mob and this wand gives too much pa for any class (war/mage/bmage). Msshield wand means 30 points of pa always, this shouldnt be an easy item to get so easy, come on ppl. I think this item should be as rare as a xel/ie/mer or maybe as rogm/rod item so not everyone leaving barracks has one in the bag. Tower shield wasnt never removed from any hb server cuz its needed. The problem isnt in shields but dk pa and endurance and the time paralize last. With 10k endurance on any dk set mage/war and having short time to hit with hammers/bh/bbh wont effect at all the strip is needed for wars. You could test it on this paralize 30 seconds with the same mage paralized having msshield+dk set+ tower shield 100% and it wont die in one paralize but he will loose some of his hp pots hes carrying while when a war gets blizzed with dk set or hp set it has to start chugging pots right away cuz a good blizz takes away 250+ dmg and like Vampyr said the hp formula now makes wars having less vit than they should have.

ok. After thinking of this problem and about Jing's idea I have few thoughts. I think shields should stay, but dk sets should be gone.

DK removing brings few new problems: stripping, endurance of armors. Make all different hammers have some kind of chance to strip armor? Like.. Hammer 5, bh10 and bbh15%? The endurance problem? hmnn..I dont know exactly how much does every hit reduce endurance, but lowering it might work? This way of change would also effect war vs war fights, which are boring atm.

Ashley and genius both making good points there. Alot of solutions that could make it a bit more interesting and could actually bring new players to the server (which we could use aswell?)

Something i'd like to say to Ashley thats not ontopic tho. When you type a big story like you did, please use enter to make it a bit more friendly to your eyes to read, i had to look away off the screen a couple of times while reading it! Thanks!!

I would be happy to see the following to make warriors stronger relative to mages:

- Adjusted vit formula (like vamp suggested)

- Removal or nerfing of DK armor

- Or some sort of increased damage/hp

I think shield casting is a great little piece of HB skill - taking that would be pretty rough.

i think mages are really a bit stronger than they should, but i dont agree very much on most ideas.

str increasing for shields: cut the increase at half, for tower shield it increased 60 str points, cut to 30, and might work, because mages need sum extra dr, or they get easily stunned.

removing dk: every1 always complained about builds variety, and now when we finally start to see sum dk15 wars, and 160 str, it would simply come back to every1 holding a bbh.

and about pfm X shield mshield, a mage can usually survive to 5 wars using tower and mshield while trying to run away, but a war not geared hardly ever stand a chance against 5 mages atacking him when hes trying to get away, even pfmed.

my suggestion would be a slight decrease on both mage and wars pa of dk, or reducing the mshield pa, 30 is too much, and a mage with only tower on, isnt that big deal, the mshield is normally the problem

ps: about hp formula, what changed from nem1 to nem2, is that on 180 EVERY1 has -90hp, the formula would include smth like lvl X 2 and changed to lvl x 1.5 if im not mistaken

ps: about hp formula, what changed from nem1 to nem2, is that on 180 EVERY1 has -90hp, the formula would include smth like lvl X 2 and changed to lvl x 1.5 if im not mistaken

Even before the edit though, mage and warrior HP, at max level was extremely similar. Ive played a lot of different games and for the life of me I cannot think of any game where mages have the same HP regen and same Vitality as their warrior counterparts - except this one.

i love this idea a shield is armor mages aren't ment to wear armor!

pure mage= good char

Pure warr = crap (ie no zerk no para no pfm)

how is that fair? even if the warr had pfm still is crap i have dm5 rodr on my warr and i still cant kill a mage with pots they just run in circles regening hp and when you do get a hit in or a para they throw up m shield and tower and dk set so taking little to no damage

i love this idea a shield is armor mages aren't ment to wear armor!

pure mage= good char

Pure warr = crap (ie no zerk no para no pfm)

how is that fair? even if the warr had pfm still is crap i have dm5 rodr on my warr and i still cant kill a mage with pots they just run in circles regening hp and when you do get a hit in or a para they throw up m shield and tower and dk set so taking little to no damage

100% true.

i failed to see vempy's post and i like his suggestion of making a bigger gap between warrior and mage hp.

i also like the idea of lowering pa on both mage and warr dk set. this would make warr vs warr pvp a lot more interesting

Or maybe adding mr/ma to a warriors dk set?

i failed to see vempy's post and i like his suggestion of making a bigger gap between warrior and mage hp.

i also like the idea of lowering pa on both mage and warr dk set. this would make warr vs warr pvp a lot more interesting

the thing is that warriors with dk sets dont have any chance against a blizzard, its totally devastating. BUT in the other hand warriors can easily make up a decent ma set in a very short period.. lets say you get all the parts being ma 9%, it would be enough to save your *censored* in massive fighting (as it was planned to be).

a mage with dk+0 and dk armor can make a reasonable amount of damage without any speciall equipment. BUT a mage cant depend on the PA sets, since they are totally retarded. but still have the defense of mshield/tower that is really good.

therefore there is a huge gap between wars, and mages.. mages seems to be the "easier" chars meanwhile wars might represent more of a challenge..

now the thing is, finding the way of closing this gap.. in my opinion mages should be a little more powerfull than the warriors.. since wars level faster, and they can solo much more mobs than mage can.

i dont think that the damage done by wars is the problem, cause its okay in my opinion.. maybe it should be the pa of dk sets in mage that has to be reduced (very little) AND the ma in the dk sets raised in the same amount.. i believe that the solution is there, in finding the balance between dk sets..

coming back to the topic. i really like the idea of changing the shield str, but it might be too much.. a mage using a targe shield would be instantly stunned by any war (or mage) and it would be impossible to escape in any fighting.. maybe the defence of the tower shield should be modified in any case.

Ok so, i like a lot of these ideas but i do have to say the whole 100str for tower is a bit much,

like most of u guys pointed out already^^ I didnt get 50dex to get 100% shield and to use a blonde shield.

I like the 60str for tower idea, that seems *perfect*. And also vamps increase the HP on the server is a

great idea also, everytime i log on my war and try to fight mages its just annoying because you cant get through the DK on mages or wars and also hitting -10's on mages when they throw on m.shield and tower.

I also think we should increase the Critical damage, it seems a bit low to me. It almost seems like i never even bother to crit unless i interupt a mages cast. I usually always have 18crits because it seems pointless to

use them :P Oh and if the Endu on DK chain stays the way it is, maybe change the endurance decrease or

whatever u call it on Hammers, BH, and BBH

now the thing is, finding the way of closing this gap.. in my opinion mages should be a little more powerfull than the warriors.. since wars level faster, and they can solo much more mobs than mage can.

I would like to know how a couple of hours leveling in barracks compares to being a better pvp class. Even before barracks, the leveling time was not drastically more as a mage. Sure in official servers mages should be the better class, they were a lot harder to level and at high levels they shined, but here that advantage to warriors is gone.

Also, they can solo more mobs? Wrong.

As far as I have seen shields helps mages alot because they dont get stunned so much. (Also the damage reduce, but I think the stun is more important). That why I dont know if this is right way to solve the problem. It would be a problem if 3wars critting one mage causes a paralyze-like effect. Yes, the idea is definitely worth a try! Not a big change in server files, so we could test it for few weeks/ a month and see what happens! STR Reqs of Muta seems good.

Thats completely the other way around, under 40 dmg will stun target... with tower u get probably stunned some more.

And I like the idea very much, we would probably see some more battlemage builds and light shields/ statted shields would be more usefull since tower had higher str req than bfore.

pfft

the thing is this is supposed to be mass player fight

witho no tower in mass fights mages are almsot useless

just a reminder..

on the kblade event

2 wars vs 1 war 1 mage

imo players were equally skilled

but the wars beat them even when 1 of them dc more than once..

whys that?

yeah a right set up war is HARDER to kill than ANY mage

its like asking pfm to ask for 100+ int if u ask me

you are missguinding people with this post. even if you were able to use just wood shield with 100% shield skill its GREAT amount of pa... tower isnt the only shield out there!

Well the HP formula was edited for Nemesis 2 to decrease the maximum HP. I'm sure they could do it. Its just a matter of finding a good balance and still maintaining the HP and regen advantage lower str characters have.

Perhaps instead of having a system where each strength point contributes to HP have a system of bonus's. At 100 str theres a bonus, 130 str a bonus, 160 str a bonus, 180 str a bonus 200 str a bonus towards vit.

I think taking away tower shields will be very critical to mages.

I think it would be better to change warriors for the better, than to change mages for the worse if you get my drift.

Taking away the towers from mages would not be critical... Other shields are also extremely usefull... just a lagi, or iron or even targe shield with 100% shield skill is quite damn good, not to mention its easy to get statted shields.

ok. After thinking of this problem and about Jing's idea I have few thoughts. I think shields should stay, but dk sets should be gone.

DK removing brings few new problems: stripping, endurance of armors. Make all different hammers have some kind of chance to strip armor? Like.. Hammer 5, bh10 and bbh15%? The endurance problem? hmnn..I dont know exactly how much does every hit reduce endurance, but lowering it might work? This way of change would also effect war vs war fights, which are boring atm.

Thats exactly the reason I have suggested removing dk sets... Sure highering shield str req's would balance war vs mage a bit... but war vs war would still be extremely boring.

I would be happy to see the following to make warriors stronger relative to mages:

- Adjusted vit formula (like vamp suggested)

- Removal or nerfing of DK armor

- Or some sort of increased damage/hp

I think shield casting is a great little piece of HB skill - taking that would be pretty rough.

for the millionth time... there would still b other shields! =D

i think mages are really a bit stronger than they should, but i dont agree very much on most ideas.

str increasing for shields: cut the increase at half, for tower shield it increased 60 str points, cut to 30, and might work, because mages need sum extra dr, or they get easily stunned.

removing dk: every1 always complained about builds variety, and now when we finally start to see sum dk15 wars, and 160 str, it would simply come back to every1 holding a bbh.

and about pfm X shield mshield, a mage can usually survive to 5 wars using tower and mshield while trying to run away, but a war not geared hardly ever stand a chance against 5 mages atacking him when hes trying to get away, even pfmed.

my suggestion would be a slight decrease on both mage and wars pa of dk, or reducing the mshield pa, 30 is too much, and a mage with only tower on, isnt that big deal, the mshield is normally the problem

They could only remove the dk armors, weapons could stay... seen such server before and it was awesome!

I've seen a couple of mages soloing wyvern in hb nemesis... name me a warrior who does the same? =DD

Removing DKs is not really good idea. What about hunting? People would stop hunting, because tankers would take too high hits.

IMO The only, the best reason is DECREASING dk ENDU.

For example 2k endu dk chain 4k endu plate, but berks, hoses like 1,5k... etc. theres dark knight and dark mage berk/legs so mage ones could be lower...

Incorrect Dez. We used to hunt all the time on HBINT. Not many people were lvl 180.

Plus, if DK was removed, imagine that need for manuers!

Edited by Vampyr

Incorrect Dez. We used to hunt all the time on HBINT. Not many people were lvl 180.

Plus, if DK was removed, imagine that need for manuers!

oh forgot about it =) my 100manu would be usefull finally :blush:

If you change the shields, you kill some builds, lets be honest the only shield that worth to be used is the Tower.

Better to change something on the m shield which affect every build.

Lets play the first version of hb :P when all was 140 lvl :D :D :D

AND ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED !!!!!!

Just kidding but in serious i loved those days!!!

thats why a lot of people like pl becuase they both have a lil bit same power and chances

IMO all of you are pretty retarded. it's simple for a mage to gear defensively against a war (tower + mshield)

it's NOT easy to gear a war against a mage (high MR/MA)

and don't cry about PFM and shit, it's always been fairly easy to down a war with pfm still on.

Ok. Imo the only thing to do is the shield fix with 100 str for tower shield.

Warrs would still be able to tank.

PA shields and light shields would have a LOT more value. Wich imo would be cool.

Mages would be nerfed and Bmages would stay the same. (Bmages does NOT need a nerf.!)

Decreasing PA on DK armor would totally kill the bmage class.

It would be like killing a lvl 140...

Decreasing PA on DK armor would totally kill the bmage class.

It would be like killing a lvl 140...

There's 2 types of DK Armors, Knight sets and Mage sets. Even the legs and berks (if I looked at it correctly) have different names.

Looking at that, the coders can probably change the stats of 1 set and leave the other alone, and bmages usually take knight set I think. My bmage has a knight set, at least.

I love the ideas in this topic though. Keep them coming!