Sign in to follow this  
JingGM

Making Shields Heavier

Hauberk and Leggins are Dark Mage, for bmages.

The Plate, of course, is Knight.

I agree with Medic's opinion. Dont forget about bmages :)

idk who gave the idea of removing dk sets, but that is insane.. all i can tell u is that having played the beginning of neme arg not long ago, i saw almost every war using bbh.. AND also people complained a lot about the stripping it had, because if i am not wrong the bbh has increased stripping to be able to deal with dk sets, so gold armours are stripped in no time. all in all, it would cause more harm than good.

i think that increasing STR requirement to wear shields is

a great idea, but there is another problem, the

magic wand (m.shield). I think that item should have

other requirements, because it gives u A LOT of defence

and its a wand, idk what could be the reqs, but i think,

that M.shield is an other big problem.

If you change the shields, you kill some builds, lets be honest the only shield that worth to be used is the Tower.

Better to change something on the m shield which affect every build.

Thats not true, any shield gives great amount of defense with 100% shield skill... I've played various mage builds, even here in neme... used to have 30str mage and couldnt use a tower, so I used hp42 lagi shield and it worked even better than tower shield, cause I now had 42% hp rege and 10% more vita.

Removing DKs is not really good idea. What about hunting? People would stop hunting, because tankers would take too high hits.

IMO The only, the best reason is DECREASING dk ENDU.

For example 2k endu dk chain 4k endu plate, but berks, hoses like 1,5k... etc. theres dark knight and dark mage berk/legs so mage ones could be lower...

Thats also incorrect... you can make 200vit tanker in barracks in like 4 hours, and your problems are solved.

And when we played a server which has no dk armors with survivors, we had no trouble at all to hunt quite effectively even without a tank character. Maybe it took 1 more mage than it would have taken with dk sets, but is that really a problem?

Exactly right Ruutu, back on HBMOG v3, it was *1 exp. We were able to tank HC's using a lvl 130 charachter. How do you think we did hunts back in the old days on HBINT?

Exactly right Ruutu, back on HBMOG v3, it was *1 exp. We were able to tank HC's using a lvl 130 charachter. How do you think we did hunts back in the old days on HBINT?

Yeah, people are making things seem so much harder than they are.

edited

maybe making the mshield requirments to be AT LEAST 20/30 chr (making alternative builts to appear using chr as requirment)

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

edited

maybe making the mshield requirments to be AT LEAST 20/30 chr (making alternative builts to appear using chr as requirment)

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Seems a good idea!, mshield is the BEST defence (the ONLY dedence) in weapon slot, this makes everybody overpowerrd, not just the mages, AND it's a very common drop, changing the reqs to 30 chr would be cool.

OFF: My opinion far from what you are going to do about this, is that if there are any changes in reqs to wear shields u should let us build our character again, something sort of "stats reset", optionally, to be able to rebuild it.

Edited by FedeD

IMO, if the Mshield has to suffer a change, I would do a STR based change.

Mshield is used for tanking and its a vital defence for Bmages.

So, as both class have 100+str, why not making them available for 100 STR onwards?

IMO, if the Mshield has to suffer a change, I would do a STR based change.

Mshield is used for tanking and its a vital defence for Bmages.

So, as both class have 100+str, why not making them available for 100 STR onwards?

Yeah, people are making things seem so much harder than they are.

yeah just read the topic name

-.-

I honestly would like to see a mshield wand wipe and them made MUCH MUCH MUCH rarer.

They are insanely good and people take them for granted.

I honestly would like to see a mshield wand wipe and them made MUCH MUCH MUCH rarer.

true

thats true

but how can you make mshield so rare and leave emmy worht a zem

they could just wipe all mshields / emmys on server and make them rare since they mass usefull .........

Edited by Moha

Good plan :P I'll maybe take this as a suggestion to staff. Along with perhaps tower 60 str.

If we made these 2 changes, would that be enough for now?

Ok, i?ve read all the post, quite fast but all of if.

There are about 10 replies i'd like to quote, i dont have the time neighter the patience to do it!

Anyway, what i like to say, is that i do not agree, and thats why:

As someone already said, mage concept is that is better at higher lvl, and is true that after barracks mages may be a bit more powerful.

First of all the gameplay was balanced by paid people to do it, and they worked for much longer time that all of us, so is hard to get a better balance. This may be a fast server and it modifies that balance, yet not that much.

After barracks, to get dk+15 is much easier for a war than for a mage. In the way to get it war can get lots of items that mage doesnt. Emmy ring (and santa comstume in those days) is easy to get as mshield, and protects a lot too.

Plus, mage is harder to play, to be swithching between many spells is not like swith weapon/wand as the war does, thats the main reasen the amge is a better char as far as i see. Just one spell missed and the mage can be dead.

And what about mr/ma sets?? some wars with low ma set can stand hitting like crazy!! And the mage?? Oh, yes, we have mshield... just to take it off and cast a blizz that hits almoust nothing against that set. And mages has ring as wars to rise damage, but not necks, a war wearing bbh+4, dm5 and rogd does a huge damage.

As you can see i have a mage, not becose i know how to use it, just becose i like it. A mage like mine, with 50dex and 40str, has a lot less vit than a mage that doesnt wear tower, and if someone with those stats doesnt use them, is close a free ek or a runner.

Finally, for me tower+mshield is the price to sacrifice many vit points and the price to be a skillfull player, not just a bag of good items.

Yet you think that theres a gap? Well i think that there can be, but not so big as many think it is.

Mages would change to PA targes, but the idea is nothing short of awesome.

M.shields should also just have 150 DEX requirement for use. Makes no sense that mages can use antimelee weapons since there are no antimagic weapons for warriors to begin with. If you are paralyzed, JUST *censored*ING DIE >:(

With DR sets when paraed you could still just face the enemy and fire strike self :/

If enemy had no hp+ weapon u could do that with just DK!

If you think it would be unfair that 2 warriors could kill you with para, just watch this video and see how 2 mages kill a warrior with para+blizz.

EDIT:

Scilla

I now have a DK15 blade. As you said pretty *censored*ing easy while boring to earn one but do consider this. IT IS SHIT!

It just doesn't hit that often, and furthermore I havent been too lucky with drops so my MA is 20-29... with the ring.

Chainmail mages get from DK parts together 69% PA without shield or m.shield. <---- That is you, unless you already have some PA gear that would increace it to roughly 80%.

Yea the "easy to get" ring doesn't quite give me that.

Edited by Steelfoam

Scilla

I now have a DK15 blade. As you said pretty *censored*ing easy while boring to earn one but do consider this. IT IS SHIT!

It just doesn't hit that often, and furthermore I havent been too lucky with drops so my MA is 20-29... with the ring.

Chainmail mages get from DK parts together 69% PA without shield or m.shield. <---- That is you, unless you already have some PA gear that would increace it to roughly 80%.

Yea the "easy to get" ring doesn't quite give me that.

Ok, take it easy pal =)

I said is easier than for the mage, i dont think and never did that is easy, actually i never had dk+15 in any server even when i was free to play all day long.

About the "easy to get" stuff.. well, i think if you have a whatever dk+15 you surely have more than one cute ring, anyway i meant the emmy ring not a rogd. I've sold many emmy to the shop ad i still have about 10 among my chars, is a nice gift to give to a new player.

About the dr set, once i had a huge one and it isnt really that much too, same as your dk blade.

About the stats of dk and other stuff i know nothing.. im an old player, but im not skilled as i said b4. I kill and i die the same way, so i think that if a mage kill and isnt killed, is skillfull.

I agree with one thing: a paralized mage should be down by 2 or 3 wars, yet a still think that a war with a low ma set is much harder to kill, and thats much more unfair

thats true

but how can you make mshield so rare and leave emmy worht a zem

they could just wipe all mshields / emmys on server and make them rare since they mass usefull .........

I would be down for this...I wanna see how it affects overall pvp.

The people arguing that mshield wand is required for tanking is only true in the regard that it makes it possible to tank big monsters with a character that isn't even meant for tanking. The 200 vit warriors would be in higher demand, and you might need an additional mage on big monster hunts.

Do a wipe and make mshield wands rare, if people don't like it - just set it back to how it used to be. Not really a big deal as they're pathetically easy to find.

Ok, i?ve read all the post, quite fast but all of if.

There are about 10 replies i'd like to quote, i dont have the time neighter the patience to do it!

Anyway, what i like to say, is that i do not agree, and thats why:

As someone already said, mage concept is that is better at higher lvl, and is true that after barracks mages may be a bit more powerful.

First of all the gameplay was balanced by paid people to do it, and they worked for much longer time that all of us, so is hard to get a better balance. This may be a fast server and it modifies that balance, yet not that much.

After barracks, to get dk+15 is much easier for a war than for a mage. In the way to get it war can get lots of items that mage doesnt. Emmy ring (and santa comstume in those days) is easy to get as mshield, and protects a lot too.

Plus, mage is harder to play, to be swithching between many spells is not like swith weapon/wand as the war does, thats the main reasen the amge is a better char as far as i see. Just one spell missed and the mage can be dead.

And what about mr/ma sets?? some wars with low ma set can stand hitting like crazy!! And the mage?? Oh, yes, we have mshield... just to take it off and cast a blizz that hits almoust nothing against that set. And mages has ring as wars to rise damage, but not necks, a war wearing bbh+4, dm5 and rogd does a huge damage.

As you can see i have a mage, not becose i know how to use it, just becose i like it. A mage like mine, with 50dex and 40str, has a lot less vit than a mage that doesnt wear tower, and if someone with those stats doesnt use them, is close a free ek or a runner.

Finally, for me tower+mshield is the price to sacrifice many vit points and the price to be a skillfull player, not just a bag of good items.

Yet you think that theres a gap? Well i think that there can be, but not so big as many think it is.

I dont think mages are any harder to level than warriors and if they are, the difference is very small. I do agree tho that mages are more boring to lvl, but you gain majestics on it just as fast as on warrior.

Santa suits will be wiped soon, so that doesnt really count.

So you sacrificed 10vit points while taking 40str and maybe 40 vit points while taking 50dex... Even if I were only able to use targe shields I would still go for 50dex on my mage since the defense of any shield with 100% shield skill is pretty big.

Anyways the common mage build: 200int, 200mag, 40str, 50dex leaves you with 107vitality.

While the common war build (in order to do some dmg) is: 200str, 200dex, 59int, 25-50mag that leaves you with 113 vitality at maximum and 99% of warriors being 50mag leaves you with 88vit, even with just 182str you'd still only have 106 vitality... so which class needs to do more sacrifices??