Sign in to follow this  
farjat

About The Korean Players

Saying "the koreans are in town" is not even remotely racist. That's like saying "survivors are in town". It's the exact same thing.

Complaining that someone is calling you by your race in a non-derogatory manner is just childish and quite frankly retarded. If they didn't advertise the fact that they korean, noone would know. Calling someone a Korean is not an insult, however if a racist term was used instead of korean, i could understand.

People used to say args in town all the time back when argenlandia was around, there's no difference.

Sincerely,

The best player to ever play the game.

@ everyone:

NO STUPID COMMENTS ON THIS.

---

I understand your points, about is easier/shorter to say "koreans in town" than their guildname (wich you dont see or understand)

But we are asking to stop using the Korea(or any nation)+ insult or something bad. May be for you is not racist or derogative to say "f###ing korea.." "Korea noob" "korea recall" "stupid korean" etc etc may be you are just making reference about their guild name... but for them it is racist.

We dont care if for you wouldnt be racist if someone call you from your nationality... since you have a different culture than them.

They are nice players, they dont talk too much and dont cause troubles... in fact, they just play hb and they dont talk/shittalk... something than many of us should learn :)

@ everyone:

NO STUPID COMMENTS ON THIS.

---

I understand your points, about is easier/shorter to say "koreans in town" than their guildname (wich you dont see or understand)

But we are asking to stop using the Korea(or any nation)+ insult or something bad. May be for you is not racist or derogative to say "f###ing korea.." "Korea noob" "korea recall" "stupid korean" etc etc may be you are just making reference about their guild name... but for them it is racist.

We dont care if for you wouldnt be racist if someone call you from your nationality... since you have a different culture than them.

They are nice players, they dont talk too much and dont cause troubles... in fact, they just play hb and they dont talk/shittalk... something than many of us should learn :)

I understand your point. And i hope everyone else does to. But we are asking about if we can or cannot say that the Koreans in town.. Insteed of The Korean Guild is in town..??

I and i believe everyone has the same oppinion that noone has a racist thought when they say the Koreans are in town..

I do understand about the insults of stupid bla bla bla.. It shall be stopped, but the other thing, i please want an anwser on if we can say that:

Koreans in town..

Allowed or not?

Fine, along with this rule, you are no longer allowed to associate the name of any player with the following countries in fear of racism:

Africa, American, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Japan, Malayasia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden or the United Kingdom.

This is what its getting to. If this is going to be a rule, lets include my rule, it works on the same principle.

Whats the next rule going to be? Im sorry but this is just stupid.

How is saying "Korean guild recalled" racist. What they ashamed to be a guild with members from Korea? Or would you prefer i say "The Stupid Sqaure and other Symbols Guild Recall"

People need to grow a skin.

Everyone knows that racism was thought up by man to control poeple right?

In other words : Racism does not exist.

Fine, along with this rule, you are no longer allowed to associate the name of any player with the following countries in fear of racism:

Africa, American, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Japan, Malayasia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden or the United Kingdom.

This is what its getting to. If this is going to be a rule, lets include my rule, it works on the same principle.

Whats the next rule going to be? Im sorry but this is just stupid.

How is saying "Korean guild recalled" racist. What they ashamed to be a guild with members from Korea? Or would you prefer i say "The Stupid Sqaure and other Symbols Guild Recall"

People need to grow a skin.

What you dont get is, that its not about the nationality or about the word... its about feeling ofended. The word korean simply talks about a nationality, thats ok but many ppl use it in a despective manner. And koreans such as in the case of many other nationalitys are discriminated so when you say "koreans blablabla" they feel ofenden, because its normaly used in a despective way. But that dosent mean that you are trying to offend them, or that they are stupid 4 thinking that every time some one says koreans is to insult them.

I'll give an example: In argentina we use the words negro=Black or gordo=Fat to call each other in a frendly way, and no one gets offended. But if i so happen to 4 example that I go to the united states and call some one black or fat I would certenly end up beat up in some dark alley. But thats just because certain ppl get ofended by certain words or phrases its a culturarl thing.

So its easyer to just dont call ppl what they may get offended by, and be polite and save everyone a bunch of truble.

Still many people dont get this... thats just because they have never felt real descrimination.

and this isnt something new, its been like this since day one of this server, its allways the same ppl.

Everyone knows that racism was thought up by man to control poeple right?

In other words : Racism does not exist.

<_< yea try going to a public hospital and dont get attended because of your nationality and then come and tell me racisim dosent exist...

They have guild name with korean language = They are korean guild = koreans (short form).

I'd like to know what is the diffirence between "args" used from Argenlandia members and "koreans" used from - ?? ?? ?? ?? -, because I cannot see any diffirence in those things. Both terms referes the main nationalities/home country of members in those guilds.

Its not like using Yankees, sp-ics, negro...

I can see worse words spit out (like those above), including personally targeted INSULTS, every single day. I think that those are far more important to be cut out.

Its rather how words are used than what is the exact word. If you use "koreans" together with insults, then its racism. If you just inform your fellow townmates that koreans are town, its just a non racist warning for your friends to be aware that this korean guild might come with big group and try to own you.

I think thats the most important thing to remember too: To respect them as players and human beeings eventhough you wouldnt like them or playing style. Atleast that much that you don't insult them!

To be honest: I hate the individuals from - ?? ?? ?? ?? -, because they just run when its 1vs1 or even just with even numbers. Eventhough they never fight outnumbered, I can't deny though that they wouldn't do good in group: They share their special weapons all the time and tag teams almost every1 down. You still don't see me calling them noobs in global or whatever.

The main reason why we don't see ppl calling that swedes are coming is because there aint major swede community in here like how here is Args+Koreans.

There is also reason why English speaking players/guilds ain't nicknamed like that: It is so because you cant determ that easy where they come from: Usa, Canada, Great-Britain, Australia and so on. Most of them are also alot more heterogenous.

My usage of word "korean" is just to determ the group of the specific guildmembers/guys, not to like use it as a racial slur.

- Skyas -

Can GMs ask this guild whats the translation to their guild name in english? That way we ll stop calling them "koreans" and we ll call them for their guild name.

We use the term "korean" because we dont know how to call their guild, so its shortened to "korean guild" for us, this creating the term "koreans are in town" (for example we dont say "survivor guild in town", we say "survivor in town")

I find as a whole most people on this server are over sensetive to way to many things.

Anyone here ever hear the tale of "The boy who called wolf"?

You keep saying this is racist and this is racist, eventually no one will care and not pay attention

and then when something does happen no one will listen to you because you say it so much.

Im with who ever said that people on this server need to grow some thicker skin.

If someone says some that is disrespectful and deragitory to another fine, mute or ban them what ever, I

think it just makes the person saying it look bad not the people they are talking about. I mean if you want

to get offended check some people PS's and see what those say, you will be either amused or insulted. In the

end all this finger pointing about people hurting your feelings come down to the wussification of the next

generation.

I find as a whole most people on this server are over sensetive to way to many things.

Anyone here ever hear the tale of "The boy who called wolf"?

You keep saying this is racist and this is racist, eventually no one will care and not pay attention

and then when something does happen no one will listen to you because you say it so much.

Im with who ever said that people on this server need to grow some thicker skin.

If someone says some that is disrespectful and deragitory to another fine, mute or ban them what ever, I

think it just makes the person saying it look bad not the people they are talking about. I mean if you want

to get offended check some people PS's and see what those say, you will be either amused or insulted. In the

end all this finger pointing about people hurting your feelings come down to the wussification of the next

generation.

No kidding, for real people grow up. Someone calls you a bad word or makes a racial remark about you get over it. Stop running to the teacher and crying. GMs got enough stuff todo. Now instead of them planning an event or working on fixing bugs, etc.. they have to take time to rub your back and make you feel better cause someone called you a name. So F*@ing what. Rules are here for a reason. Obey them and dont cry when u get banned for breaking them. For the rest off you let the crap roll off your back please I am gonna puke if I happen across one more thread about people making racists remarks. And for those who are doing the insulting for gods sake if you feel you must insult someone get a little more creative. I mean comeon its easy picking on someone because of there race, I'm American and I prolly have more jokes and insults about my country then any of you put together.

I have an idea make racism legal and then everyone will be desrcimiated against equally without fear of breaking the rules that way it wouldn't be as appealing to do it because everyone does it and no one is being a rebel by doing it. Or the global chat is filled with racial slurs all the time and everyone will get used to it because no one is really offended by it they just want to bitch. I'm not racist i hate everyone equally :)

Who cares.. If people call me dutch or against a dutch guild say "The dutch are coming". I aint bothered with that, since all dutch are cool.

I cant help it if koreans have a low self-esteem and find it offending. Its just calling them what they are.. koreans. That aint racism at all. If you would specify certain things about the koreans and keep yelling that against em.. thats racism.

Yarr.

Yep i agree with the who cares bit.. Videl and Co. constantly give it to me for being Chileno, no skin of my bones. Who cares.

But what this is about is you saying Koreans have low self esteem and find it offending. You dont know this (and if you do - still -->) you definetly dont know koreans.

Koreans r a proud race. Proud of all the cars and technological things they give the world. Proud of their history and wars.

They dont like to take concessions. They protest such things. There protest r better and more powerful than most other nations could or wish to co ordinate.. they as a people actually get things done.

Anyhow. I myself have had the pleasure of being very good friends with a guy from korea at uni.. he was an xchange student.. And he taught me alot about korean culture and point of view. They r proud and they r happy to be called koreans.

Maybe.. some ppl like 'Hello' could have complained perhaps.. i dont know. its perfectly understandable imo.

Koreans also have a very fine taste for food. Proud eaters.

If the korean guild is in town im saying koreans are here, so suck it.

if there was a Brazil guild id probs say BRAZIL IS HERE NOOO e.t.c.

If there was a Gruelius guild id see ares scream GRUELIUS is here then id get them banned for racism :P jks

I couldnt give a **** if they find me calling them Korean offensive. Maybe they should move to a different country if they dont like being Koreans. Its not as if we are referring to them as names that are actually offensive to their people.

As King has said, we say Korean in reference to their guildname we dont know what it is, so the only way to describe them is as Korean. Korean raiding, Korean noob etc are the equivalant of people saying African noob, Suvivors Raiding, do we find this offensive? No. Its not racist and if you think its racist you need to go outside and have a good look at the real world, because if the worst youre going to be called is "Korean" then feel lucky.

' date='Jul 15 2008, 09:00 AM' post='223978']

I tried explaining to you guys that there are individual players in that guild...they are people not a country.

People dont advertise in chat when the Brazlilians are in town or the Argentinians or americans.

And they dont yell the Swedes are here, etc etc.

When you are commenting about a certain member of the guild do so with that players name.

"Player X pulled on me, etc etc" not... " that Korean did this or that"

It's a very fine point and difficult to explain. I dont expect everyone to "get it" but just be aware of

what youre saying that's all. We dont want any group of people to ever feel singled out or discriminated

against for any reason. The Korean guild is large and they do raid and hunt as a unit. I understand that.

Just use the same consideration for them as you would anyone else. Thanks

Clearly you lack any form of intelligence. Anyone offended by such drivel is a moron, why should people not be referred to as they are - they are koreans are they not? - and even if they aren't its racist in itself if you're offended being called something you're not anyway? I don't see how its difficult to explain at all; this is political correctness at its most stupid and you seem to be its leader. You lack every single form of logic possible. None of your ideas are practical and this server would be better off without your rigid silly ideals that have no basis for the REAL world. People need to learn how to cope with such things - imagine if i got offended being called an Australian in real life? What would i do after about 3 days - probably shoot myself or everyone around me - you first preferably. It might be 'your' server but I have to deal with every single idiot that gets moronic ideas from this server and then steps outside.

Racism should be and is defined as a negatively orientated word/sentence given to an individual not a description. By saying that this is infact a form of racism you are being racist yourself as you are suggesting that this race is lesser than another - what other reason could there be? Not being 'marginalised' as you supposedly refer to. Now do you "get it" you condescending prat.

As im sure you're already reaching for that nice delete/ban combo. A nice way to avoid any criticism and no doubt further those little ideas in your head.

Have a nice day :)

PS: Of course you can delete my post on the basis of spam as well! (just helping you out)

Also you could do something completely original and change my wording in the post :)

' date='Jul 15 2008, 09:00 AM' post='223978']

I tried explaining to you guys that there are individual players in that guild...they are people not a country.

People dont advertise in chat when the Brazlilians are in town or the Argentinians or americans.

And they dont yell the Swedes are here, etc etc.

When you are commenting about a certain member of the guild do so with that players name.

"Player X pulled on me, etc etc" not... " that Korean did this or that"

It's a very fine point and difficult to explain. I dont expect everyone to "get it" but just be aware of

what youre saying that's all. We dont want any group of people to ever feel singled out or discriminated

against for any reason. The Korean guild is large and they do raid and hunt as a unit. I understand that.

Just use the same consideration for them as you would anyone else. Thanks

Clearly you lack any form of intelligence. Anyone offended by such drivel is a moron, why should people not be referred to as they are - they are koreans are they not? - and even if they aren't its racist in itself if you're offended being called something you're not anyway? I don't see how its difficult to explain at all; this is political correctness at its most stupid and you seem to be its leader. You lack every single form of logic possible. None of your ideas are practical and this server would be better off without your rigid silly ideals that have no basis for the REAL world. People need to learn how to cope with such things - imagine if i got offended being called an Australian in real life? What would i do after about 3 days - probably shoot myself or everyone around me - you first preferably. It might be 'your' server but I have to deal with every single idiot that gets moronic ideas from this server and then steps outside.

Racism should be and is defined as a negatively orientated word/sentence given to an individual not a description. By saying that this is infact a form of racism you are being racist yourself as you are suggesting that this race is lesser than another - what other reason could there be? Not being 'marginalised' as you supposedly refer to. Now do you "get it" you condescending prat.

As im sure you're already reaching for that nice delete/ban combo. A nice way to avoid any criticism and no doubt further those little ideas in your head.

Have a nice day :)

PS: Of course you can delete my post on the basis of spam as well! (just helping you out)

Also you could do something completely original and change my wording in the post :)

So with your line of thinking you could go 4 example in the unites states and say "hey the blacks are here" cause you know,.. they have dark skin....

Problem here is that most ppl in this topic are from.. usa, australia, dutch, ect... and non of your nationalitys are racialy insulted... And yea many ppl might hate some ppl from usa but thats just political it has nothing to do with race. Thats because you live in firts world countrys, they dont get discriminated! They are the ones that discriminate!!! (by this, dosent mean you do, but its true) So i would think you guys dont know anything about racisim, and you cant uderstand what a delicate thing it is. You know its that kind of thing you say put your self in the others shoes, But no you never do your just so full of your self.

Any whay whats the problem whith adding the word "guild" so that you dont offend someone? what you loose like 1 sec of your precious time? in that time you are writing guild you could....blink? May be its a realy tough word to spell? so if you goona be sitting in front of the pc all day, it might actualy be good 4 you! more exercise since tiping is so hard, you might loose some calories.

All this discussion just because of lazy ppl that cant spare time to whrite guild..... so here ill give a solution you will all love! Insted of saying: Korean Guild cause its realy hard to do... Just call out KG (4 thoes of you that still dont get it, KG stands for Korean Guild) And problem solved! koreans dont get offended and you guys have 9 letters less 2 whrite, so you have now like 2 more seconds of life............. enjoy!!!! :lol: ^_^

If they're that pathetically soft then they get what they get. Seriously what is with the world these days? Don't like it? Stiff shit. When you leave the computer and go out into the real world I'll call you Korean if you're Korean. Going to cry? I don't care. Would you rather I refer to them as that "stupid gook" over there? Even if i did to what purpose does it serve to get worked up about it? People need to grow some balls and just ignore insolent people (ie. me). This goes just as much for real life as it does for the game.. by creating a big deal about it you're actually doing the opposite of what you supposedly wish to achieve.

EG. Do you care if i call you that argentinian? Your name is Arg ffs. If you call me that "wanker from Australia" i won't find it offensive because after all.... its probably true. :)

If they're that pathetically soft then they get what they get. Seriously what is with the world these days? Don't like it? Stiff shit. When you leave the computer and go out into the real world I'll call you Korean if you're Korean. Going to cry? I don't care. Would you rather I refer to them as that "stupid gook" over there? Even if i did to what purpose does it serve to get worked up about it? People need to grow some balls and just ignore insolent people (ie. me). This goes just as much for real life as it does for the game.. by creating a big deal about it you're actually doing the opposite of what you supposedly wish to achieve.

EG. Do you care if i call you that argentinian? Your name is Arg ffs. If you call me that "wanker from Australia" i won't find it offensive because after all.... its probably true. :)

But if you call me argentinian the contex is different, because it is not normaly used in a despectiv manner, it is different if i call some one mexican in usa. its realy a thin line its easyer to just avoid it, much easyer...

Everyone needs to quit bitchin' about racism and calling the koreans, korean. Its what they are if they don't want to be called korean then they should leave korea. That brings up another point are they complaining? I don't think any of them posted anything on this thread. So either they are complaining to the gms or everyone is arguing just to argue. So the solution would be to have one of the korean guild memebrs tell us what the problem is and we can negotiate how to correct it and until that happens everyone shut the fk up. By the way i am an American noob.

This "Korean Guild" is only fcking guild that acts like mature ppl. We all should learn from their attitude.........

THOU IT ALSO CAN BE THAT THEY CANT SPEAK ENGLISH

ps. farewell all, soon elqayson will bann me :<