Sign in to follow this  
Moha

Sleep Spell

Hey guys, i would like sleep spell as originaly it was

Sleep spells were given/sold ( one per town) long ago because they were not that good, and they actually wouldnt do alot of harm

Today i came and see that its totally overpowewred, its effect its way beyond than even medusa sword.... how could this happen???

I strongly suggest switching it back asap.

i would like to hear opinions about this

i agree 100%, this spell is like 10x times worst then medusa sword. This spell was suposed to paralize trought pfm right? not to have all this things, cant chug, cant change set,cant cast,cant hit. wtf?

Edited by Lythium

medusa sword/cancel/inhib/xelima items/mim/blizz/ice sword

All of these items/spells go thru either amp and or pfm. Sleep does not. And it requires more mp than any other spell. I think its pretty balanced. The build thats used on sleep is part of why its so effective, also sleep depends mostly on the people who are surrounding, for both elv or ares. Trust me, if i had the choice between medusa sword/sleep i would get 2x the eks with the sword.

P.S. Selling/trading elv sleep mage :D

its the exact same spell as on hbkorea which is what white intended in the first place.

sadly our items /player base is not equal to hbkor, we cant get exactly the same thing, i see this spell and its truely overpowered right now

All of these items/spells go thru either amp and or pfm. Sleep does not. And it requires more mp than any other spell. I think its pretty balanced. The build thats used on sleep is part of why its so effective, also sleep depends mostly on the people who are surrounding, for both elv or ares. Trust me, if i had the choice between medusa sword/sleep i would get 2x the eks with the sword.

we are comparing sleep to medusa, thats the problem, sleep was supposed to be a weak spell

you are using it right now and i can see your comments are biased :S

Another point, Ice sword goes thru ice elemental neck. Medusa sword goes through medusa neck. Sleep does not work on medusa neck. Sleep is also more rare than cancel, and has much less effect. Also Nemesis Staff guaranteed when the sleeps were given out for prizes, that each town would have 1. So that way no matter what the spell does its still balanced.

Edit: If you were on for the event and got sleep yourself you wouldn't be making this post. So i believe your comments are more biased than mine since you dont have one, especially since i've only stated facts and you just made 1 ignorant statement "its more powerful than medusa sword."

Edited by foefoe

Another point, Ice sword goes thru ice elemental neck. Medusa sword goes through medusa neck. Sleep does not work on medusa neck. Sleep is also more rare than cancel, and has much less effect. Also Nemesis Staff guaranteed when the sleeps were given out for prizes, that each town would have 1. So that way no matter what the spell does its still balanced.

Edit: If you were on for the event and got sleep yourself you wouldn't be making this post. So i believe your comments are more biased than mine since you dont have one, especially since i've only stated facts and you just made 1 ignorant statement "its more powerful than medusa sword."

+1.. elv town too have 1 sleep mage.. so it is balanced. farjat clearly stated tat..

its the exact same spell as on hbkorea which is what white intended in the first place.

no more words needed for that.

There are some issues regarding sleep, which we're resolving ASAP.

On top of that, para & hold person times were originally already reduced in nemesis, sleep was kept original but will probably face a slight reduction of time to compensate with hold person and paralyze spells.

On top of that, para & hold person times were originally already reduced in nemesis, sleep was kept original but will probably face a slight reduction of time to compensate with hold person and paralyze spells.

no offence but in hb kor theres countless cancel /esw/medu etc,

one item like this wont be much problem in hb kore, but here it is, and more if we stat that originally it was one way and even sold in the webpage..

how many deaths cause of sleep do u see?

how many deaths cuz of ie swords/ x weapon do u see?

how many deaths because of blizz/paralize do u see?

if u see the numbers, the logical thing would be to erase blizz or paralize, or activations first, right?

its not overpowered, it costs a shitload of mp, and the only reason cause its "overpowered" (i write it like that cuz its not) is cause the guy who has it is an american who has no ping therefore he can aim pretty easy. Give it to me or some1 with 200+ ping (not to mention an asian with 400+) and it will be useless

when did MIM go through amp?

when did MIM go through amp?

First of all, he said EITHER amp or pfm

Second, this doesnt add anything to the discussion.

Back on topic,

Sleep asks more mana than esw, and its a 1x1 spell, i do think it might be tweaked, on korean server lyze lasts like 30 or 45 secs if im not mistaken, so sleeps lasts less than para, if we kept proportion sleep would be useless here, so a 15 seconds sleep sounds fine.

Also, you can resist sleep with mr set, its not like cancel where u cant defend it.

Point on sleep is, elvs(that are being atacked by it) havent learned how to defend properly yet, while ares have learned how to use it with its maximun effectiveness, something like MIM when you use xelima activation.

Not a single sleep manual was sold, so it doesnt make diff wether it was for sale or not, and we also modified Hell Fire after the first player got it, we hadnt tweaked it according to gameplay yet.

i agree with changing it to 15 sec. However the person who is slept should not be able to change direction that they look, thats not something someone who is "asleep" would do.

I feel this spell is extremely overpowered.

Currently Sleep:

allows no armor change, no spells, no attacks, no movement.

so far, this seems to me what sleep should do. this is reasonable. (ie sleep someone with mr armor on, mass crits ez kill, or catch with dk on, blizz, same thing)

But it also has: 2x first strike attack, easily 200+ with wars or 300-400+ with mages, on the first hit alone.

BUT, with wars, this doesnt knock off the spell. so not only did you get blasted for a 1/4 ur hp in the first blow, but you also cant equip your DK, you can't equip a shield, and most importantly, you can't chug pots.

Your only other options are to sit there and hope the spell wears off, someone helps, or die.

Some one please explain why this is is not too much.

my suggestion would be to lower the sleep to 10-15 secs, keep the 2x first dmg, no armor change/spells/attacks, and allow pots. if not pots, then make like hold person, 1 hit, magic or physical, releases. I know if i was alseep and someone hit me i'd wake up(since others are comparing it to being actually asleep).

if u see the numbers, the logical thing would be to erase blizz or paralize, or activations first, right?

its not overpowered, it costs a shitload of mp, and the only reason cause its "overpowered" (i write it like that cuz its not) is cause the guy who has it is an american who has no ping therefore he can aim pretty easy. Give it to me or some1 with 200+ ping (not to mention an asian with 400+) and it will be useless

this is a ridiculous comparison. 1 sleep spell currently being used vs every other activation/blizz/para?? when there are more of these in use, it begins to pan out, ie how it works fine in hbkorea..

Edited by Bobcat

some of the examples are completly ridiculous..

About what mj said mayb its true, but also the facts are there, it is over powered because it does alot of things:

allows no armor change, no spells, no attacks, no movement.

fire field/wall doesnt cancel it etc,

IMO its on med sword lvl right now , AKA overpowered for what used to be a low spell that was sold by GMS,

how you gonna compare spell with activation weap...weap u must wait 20 min sleep just burn mana.

seriously...those all new thing add in the updates are distorting the Helbreath

Not a single sleep manual was sold, so it doesnt make diff wether it was for sale or not, and we also modified Hell Fire after the first player got it, we hadnt tweaked it according to gameplay yet.

Bob, u might have a point on the x2 damage maybe thats too much for sum1 that cant chug, but ur wrong about mages, if a mage blizzes u as first hit, just the FIRST hit is x2, so if u were gona take 4x80=320, u would now take 1x160+3x80=400.

its not a spell that u can spam, its not that hard to avoid if ur ready for it(same as para) and well, if you are alone vs a big number, you are dead, if u got a teamate to energy bolt u, or the enemys arent more than 2, ur ok

, then make like hold person, 1 hit, magic or physical, releases

That would make the spell useless and not even close to being worth the amount of MP it costs.

It's a spell people. It's blockable, dodgable, resistable, costs a crapton of mana, and it's a 1x1 spell.

, then make like hold person, 1 hit, magic or physical, releases

That would make the spell useless and not even close to being worth the amount of MP it costs.

It's a spell people. It's blockable, dodgable, resistable, costs a crapton of mana, and it's a 1x1 spell.

think about it for a second.

if you get sleeped, you cant use spells. you can't attack. you can't trade out armors or equip sheild or chug. so, if you get sleeped during middle of a fight, maybe you get stuck with say 550 hp and all your mr gear on. 2 wars with bhs come up and you are in a terrible situation: you cant pfm, fire strike, and completely vulnerable to mass crits, with a mage on stand by to finish you off.

or you get sleeped and 2+ mages standing by you are caught with dk on. again, sticky situation. no spells to help, completely vulnerable to hard blizzards and the first one is cutting your hp in half.

this spell, if made a physical release as well, isnt useless if people will understand all of its many effects. being paralized in every single way is extremely crippling when you are caught off guard or with the wrong set on. And it can be used continuously!! How is that useless.

And to MJ, i was making a rough guess so i wasn't for sure. 400 is still pretty hard imo :P

The situations you give are you being outnumbered with what sounds like little to no help, in which you would probably already be a dead man. So you're saying it's useful for when a kill is almost a guarantee already?

I thought about it more than a second.

powerful reply synz.

you guys act like the spell is buyable at the wizzy tower. ITS A RARE SPELL YOU IDIOTS. list off all the effects esw do. and tell me thats not OVERPOWERED as hell. Times are changing people. new updates/new necks/new spells/new activation system/new drops/new pits. Quit living in the past and grow with the game. Instead of crying about how the newest thing isnt something YOU have. On a side note Maynard (Moha) is the most hypocritical person ever, He has been one of the biggest item whores with every single thing ever in the game. If he had the sleep and i posted this thread, it would be pages of idiots saying jajajajaja cry about sleep.

powerful reply synz.

you guys act like the spell is buyable at the wizzy tower. ITS A RARE SPELL YOU IDIOTS. list off all the effects esw do. and tell me thats not OVERPOWERED as hell. Times are changing people. new updates/new necks/new spells/new activation system/new drops/new pits. Quit living in the past and grow with the game. Instead of crying about how the newest thing isnt something YOU have. On a side note Maynard (Moha) is the most hypocritical person ever, He has been one of the biggest item whores with every single thing ever in the game. If he had the sleep and i posted this thread, it would be pages of idiots saying jajajajaja cry about sleep.

Cowbell +1!!!!!!!!!!! please stop whining of effects. this is a uber rare spell according to farjat and white. each town have 1 of it. fair and square.. if sleep is overpowered, please remove all items like act, esw, hf, abh and etc.. it is not the spells tat matter.. it is the skills and teamwork.

please learn to be like koreans on finding new ways to counter it instead of whining.

if u feel it is overpowered, my best suggestion is please go hunt for it.. toh got lots of liches for every1 =)

agree on Cowbell that it should avoid pp from changing position too..

Edited by chris khoo

Cowbell +1!!!!!!!!!!! please stop whining of effects. this is a uber rare spell according to farjat and white. each town have 1 of it. fair and square.. if sleep is overpowered, please remove all items like act, esw, hf, abh and etc.. it is not the spells tat matter.. it is the skills and teamwork.

please learn to be like koreans on finding new ways to counter it instead of whining.

if u feel it is overpowered, my best suggestion is please go hunt for it.. toh got lots of liches for every1 =)

agree on Cowbell that it should avoid pp from changing position too..

thats joe anw.. not cowbell. lol.

anw, u guys think sleep's overpowered? tell me about MIM pls. :wub: