Sign in to follow this  
Moha

Sleep Spell

gms was selling this spell "cheap" coz it was supposed to be completly different

now they already gave it and make it one of the best ingame , makes no sense,

Edited by Moha

The situations you give are you being outnumbered with what sounds like little to no help, in which you would probably already be a dead man. So you're saying it's useful for when a kill is almost a guarantee already?

I thought about it more than a second.

*nice one*

gms was selling this spell "cheap" coz it was supposed to be completly different

now they already gave it and make it one of the best ingame , makes no sense,

first, no farjat was going to sell it for 400$ a piece 1 to each town. Noone in Ares wanted to buy it.

second, you are always crying that you are the best thing to grace hb with your presence figure a way out of it.

third, im ok with 10 second sleep instead of 15.

and lastly, you guys are basically all complaining about paralyze u do realize that right? OP

Eventhought I am starting to hate Cowbell, because of that spell, I think its pretty okay. Maybe lower it to 10 secs or 8 or so. Its rare spell and should be worth having. High mana cost, 1x1 range and also having spell like that is like putting "AIM ME!" - sign over your head. And pfm/amp and you are protected from it :)

leave it the way it is, its a rare >.>, its not like HF at the beggining when it could hit 650 without sade, its ok

go hunt behos, unis, liches.

and also u can get rid of sleep with something as easy as an energy bolt, remember this is MMORPG and not a 1 vs 10 game

The moment the people start to use fire strike instead of amping, pfming or casting 67 times invi the moment you get Sleep, it will be better..

Sleep will be CHANGED & FIXED as next:

- Chug & Equipment bug after being slept will be FIXED

- Sleep can be broken by physical damage, same was as you break hold person spell.

The intention of nemesis is to keep as original as possible, and originally sleep breaks the same way hold-person breaks from physical damage, therefore we're adding this.

Sleep time will currently be kept at its original, 20 seconds, but might be reduced to 10 seconds IF it turns out to be having too much power even after this change & fix.

- Chug & Equipment bug after being slept will be FIXED=GOOD

- Sleep can be broken by physical damage, same was as you break hold person spell.=BAD

now will be usseless lol! make sleep like para but don't like hold...ever was like paralise

- Chug & Equipment bug after being slept will be FIXED=GOOD

- Sleep can be broken by physical damage, same was as you break hold person spell.=BAD

now will be usseless lol! make sleep like para but don't like hold...ever was like paralise

i think it should allow chugging, but not allow equipment. otherwise it will be useless.. again.

srry to disagree white, but sleep will be useless then, whats the point of sleeping if warriors cant hit? :S

edit: IMO it should stay the way it is, and if u want to modify it, just modify how long the spell lasts, but keep the effects

Edited by Exec

- Chug & Equipment bug after being slept will be FIXED

- Sleep can be broken by physical damage, same was as you break hold person spell.

The intention of nemesis is to keep as original as possible, and originally sleep breaks the same way hold-person breaks from physical damage, therefore we're adding this.

Sleep time will currently be kept at its original, 20 seconds, but might be reduced to 10 seconds IF it turns out to be having too much power even after this change & fix.

So since its power is reduced 90% can the spell only cost 30 mana? even then 30 mp seems kind of a waste compared to the awesome power of .... paralyse.............

Another possibility is change as next:

- Chance to break by physical damage (10% chance) instead of the hold-person way (which is 100% chance)

- Reduce sleep to 10 seconds instead of 20.

Reduce to 15 second paralyze and make it so potions can be used, but at a slower rate than normal. Keep the rest of the effects. Don't make it anything like hold person.

Heck, its pretty fine as it is. But if it must be changed, lower the time limit and allow using potions as stated above.

Edited by Synz

Another possibility is change as next:

- Chance to break by physical damage (10% chance) instead of the hold-person way (which is 100% chance)

- Reduce sleep to 10 seconds instead of 20.

That sounds a lot more reasonable than hold person effect i think. If you make it 100% its not even as good as para. So basically its canceling the spell all together. But if its made to 10% chance release and 10 sec then it should be reduced in mp required to cast. Right now the only spell that cost more to cast than sleep is hellfire. And your nerfing sleep by more than 75%, The mp required should be reduced by at least 50% especially for 1x1 spell.

On a side note if the elv sleep mage was active i dont think as many people (95% have been elvine) would be crying about sleep being overpowered as they would have gained from having the spell around as well. Hard to modify a spell/item when they only input your getting is from people that have been fighting against the spell and simply dont have the teamwork to fight passed it YET (some already defend against sleep well). Think about how many people are gonna get owned by the ESW manual that will be used eventually. It isnt fair to nerf that spell becuz people aren't used to defending against it. And i dont think enuff time or info has been gathered to make such a drastic change to sleep

15 second and allow chugging will reduce the impact already.

This is what'll get at this point of the discussion, I hear from both player, gm and head gm sides to enable chugging of items during sleep time and reduction to 15 seconds.

Right now i was fihgting 3v1, and 1 sleep= instant dead, you cant fire strike urself etc

its like if your paralized, inhibited , + cant chug or change armors

totally overpowered , i like the changes white doing , i dont htink the time is much problem, more like all the other things, not being able to chug cast( inhib) or change armors is way too much, its a 1 hit kill spell unless you outnumber the sleep user ..

if you get sleeped, all your armors/pots, possible reactions are reduced to 0 , which not even medusa does..

Edited by Moha

Right now i was fihgting 3v1, and 1 sleep= instant dead, you cant fire strike urself etc

its like if your paralized, inhibited , + cant chug or change armors

totally overpowered , i like the changes white doing , i dont htink the time is much problem, more like all the other things, not being able to chug cast( inhib) or change armors is way too much, its a 1 hit kill spell unless you outnumber the sleep user ..

if you get sleeped, all your armors/pots, possible reactions are reduced to 0 , which not even medusa does..

Bacially you cant buy a mr set+merein shield and run around blabbin about how ur unkillable anymore. hmmm I can see why u dont like it. In that 3 vs 1 u were fighting cancel+sleep and u didnt play very smart and you know it. You fought me all day yesterday in mass pvp and didnt die or even get slept once. Alright and you fought us outnumbered too and neither of you died all day.

Edit: reducing sleep to 15 sec and allowing chug should also reduce mp cost, just sayin...

Edited by foefoe

lol @ everyone hating on me (cow) even though i'm not playing

i'm just going to reiterate what synz said about how it's a 1x1 spell, doesn't go through amp or pfm, and costs a shit ton of mp to use, so it's not like it's being spammed. and it's not even 30-45 seconds is it? i thought it was 15-20, very close to the length of a para. that said, i'm fine with reducing the time on it, and even allowing pots to be used, but making it like hold person is just making the spell useless in any form of group pvp, and that's a fact. for the mp cost and whatnot required to actually use it, it's fine, but i think it could use a slight downgrade, not a complete nerf.

keep the effects the way it is, reduce time to 15-10 secs (Imo its fine the way it is)

and stop whining about somethign this small, there is ONE ACTIVE CHAR using sleep, there're other kind of stuffs that fck up gameplay way more than sleep

edit: @ White: i disagree that u decide to modify a spell based on comunity's opinion, i mean, ofc ppl will complain now, but if Sleep was a bs spell, no1 would whine (i dont see many of u whining about blizz, and its a spell that costs less than 100 mp for a mage with dk wand and ms neck, hits nearly 400 dmg, and FREEZES). Of course elvines will whine, they r getting raped by Sleep (well, im elv and im not lol), i dont see any ares here complaining about it, we r trying to make alternatives modifications because if we only say " fck it and leave the way it is" ofc elvs will be listened, and Sleep will get completely nerfed and become useless once again. I think u should stick to facts, and not that much to ppl's opinion, ofc every1 is going to say w.e favours them... (think about this, sleep is a RARE SPELL THAT HASNT DROPPED EVEN ONCE YET, why it wouldnt be "overpowered", ESW takes ur sp and has AB effect, also overpowered, HF hitted me nearly 780 damage last sade with a char without 200 magic, overpowered, cancel ruins any protection and 1 cancel decides the ending of any crusade/heldenian, overpowered)

Edited by Exec