Sign in to follow this  
Solini

Kloness Wand

Ok first of all, please ppl don't start talking crap..... It is a question for considering a minor change to Kloness Wand from me to all GM's. Farjat told me to post on forum and if his GM staff agree's that how the Kloness Wand is now it does to low damage and is not worth its rarity, Farjat will agree to change it slightly. Thats why I post this topic.

First how it works now to my knowledge...

Kloness Wand

- For every 100 rep, +1 additional damage (max of +10, minimal (always) +5)

- For every -20 rep of enemy +1 additional damage (max of +5 damage)

Scenario

- User of Kloness wand has 2000 rep

- Enemy has rep above 0 (positive)

Damage will then be...

- +10 damage from the 2000 rep (max is +10, so no use of rep above 1000)

This means that the Kloness wand in most cases will do +10 damage which is lower then a DK+15 wand with a huge disadvantage of it being an ms20 wand not ms28 like the DK wand. And to reach the best damage out of it you do first need to have a lot of patience and time to get to 1500 rep....

In my opinion this makes the Kloness wand near useless... and that makes me sad..

So as it is now this rare wand is worse then DK15 wand... (if the max is really +10, I might be wrong on that, but my testing makes me believe this) Only if your enemy has -100 rep, according to WhiteFang it will do the same damage as DK15 wand...

Request

I don't believe the Kloness wand (rare item) is supposed to be this useless... Perhaps the Kloness Wand was there before they introduced the upgradeable wands?

My only request is, to consider highering a little bit the extra damage you can get from every 100 rep above 500 rep. Now the limit is if you have 1500 rep...

Can for example make the max extra damage you can get out of it from good rep, +25 or +30 (so 3000 rep).

This would definatly NOT make the kloness wand godly as the beserk wand, but it would be atleast worth its rarity. And would atleast be better then a DK15 wand, that everyone will have in a matter of time..

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post, and thanks for considering this.

Can the GM staff please discuss with eachother, and to inform Farjat with your conclusions??

Edited by Solini

does rep relay works on this way with kloness items :S?? i am just asking because i dont see any diference on using my kloness blade on a 700 rep char and on a 2700 rep char :S.... i think that only to 500 rep it affects the dmg :S...

Edited by Lythium

@Solini:

Your defenition of how kloness works is slighty wrong.

Here is how it goes (in INT/USA Server - idk 100% sure for nemesis yet !):

- you gain +1 dmg every 100 rep (max +10), but when your gained damage is less then 5, it'll be 5 anyway. -> 200 = +2 dmg, but 2 < 5 so +5 dmg

- you gain +1 dmg every 20 negative rep of your enemy (+5 max)

The first defenition of the 2 above only applies to weapons, not to the k neck.

I'm not 100% sure about the limit of +10 on your own rep, some sources have unlimited (being max rep as limit -> 10k rep -> + 100 dmg), others have limit to +10.

For nemesis i'm not sure, i'd need to see sources to confirm the limit of it.

@Solini:

Your defenition of how kloness works is slighty wrong.

Here is how it goes (in INT/USA Server - idk 100% sure for nemesis yet !):

- you gain +1 dmg every 100 rep (max +10), but when your gained damage is less then 5, it'll be 5 anyway. -> 200 = +2 dmg, but 2 < 5 so +5 dmg

- you gain +1 dmg every 20 negative rep of your enemy (+5 max)

The first defenition of the 2 above only applies to weapons, not to the k neck.

I'm not 100% sure about the limit of +10 on your own rep, some sources have unlimited (being max rep as limit -> 10k rep -> + 100 dmg), others have limit to +10.

For nemesis i'm not sure, i'd need to see sources to confirm the limit of it.

Ok so that means it is even worse then I have stated. Even more reason to make it slightly better in my opinion.

It does conflict what is stated on the Portal though... On the Portal it is how I said.

But you are WhiteFang :lol: So if you say so I am sure you are right :-)

I will modify my post.

Edited by Solini

Hmm imo K wand is kind of a joke.

K wand is REALLY rare.

K wand takes alot of work to do good dmg with.

It's ms20 :P

Yeah you might aswell just lvl a dk15 and get someitems on ur way instead of wasting time getting a billion reps for a wand that's not even as good as dk15.

Unlike zWand you can't get kloness wand cus ur too lasy to lvl a dk15.

Well, you can but odds are good that if ur too lasy to lvl 128 majs ur prolly too lasy to get 1500+++ reps..

ANyways what i'm trying to say is. K wand needs an upgrade!

Imo it should be better then zWand, cus you can put a zWand on any character and do massive dmg.

1500reps is a pain in tha A!

+ You can use it on any char, is not bound. You dont need to train on any mage.

+ You can use it on PL raiders.

+ You can critic and make a heavy damage, not like DK+15

+ You can zerk your self and use it as a weapon against amped mages, the damage bonus is doubled.

+ I think you can combine the bonus with a K Neck.

- Is just MS20

- A max bonus of +15 being a rare.

If you compare with a Z wand which is supposed to make a high damage and doesnt have that physical damage, isnt that bad.

Certainly deserves a boost in damage. However, if we are going to begin re-evaluating the weapons in helbreath, certainly the K-wand is not the end.

The DK weapons have eliminated the usefulness of most items. Pretty much every person in game uses either DK+15 weapon ( presuming they have ), a BH or a BBH.

Why should a Battle Hammer, which gets the bonus of stripping amors, ALSO do more damage than say a battle axe. At the very least they should have a similar dice, with the extra 13 str being to get a weapon with armor stripping ability.

Anyways, went on a tangent there but I agree with you Soli. A change is logical in this case.

+ You can zerk your self and use it as a weapon against amped mages, the damage bonus is doubled.

- Is just MS20

If you compare with a Z wand which is supposed to make a high damage and doesnt have that physical damage, isnt that bad.

* Yes you can use on any char, but only with rep above 1000 and enemy having -100 rep, will still only make same damage as DK15

* Making criticals with it??? I think you saw that on other server... Because even if you the user has really high rep and the enemy has low rep, it will never do more damage then DK15 wand (see WhiteFangs post). And I never saw a Critical of a DK15 wand blizz. So I think you confuse with other server then Nemesis

* Zerked damage melee, its not that good... DK15 wand does better for sure. I think a rep7 wand does more damage. For sure an ancient rep7 short sword

* The chance is very small you also get a K neck....................

Edited by Solini

I have been criticed with -50 with a K Wand.

I didnt say Z wand had a nice physical damage... Just the opposite, it doesnt have that advantage K Wands have.

quit crying,

kwand is an awesome weapon

if u think it sux, trade me , i will give u 50 zems ( since im counting on you being kinda noobish )

i had it , i won it in mage event, and i traded it for ie neck+ itenx..

thats how good it is

quit crying,

if u think it sux, trade me , i will give u 50 zems ( since im counting on you being kinda noobish )

thats how good it is

Please no crap posts... (about crying and being noob)

Noob or not, testing and comparing damage is easy. The facts are as they are.

quit crying,

thats how good it is

That's how rare it is. I remember you winning that wand. Why do you think it's been traded what? 10 times allready?

Cus it does NOT do the job!

Heck i was in FoxHound with you back then. I remember you saying how much it suckd. You were just AFKing in WH with it lal.

Edited by Krede

- Is just MS20

* Yes you can use on any char, but only with rep above 1000 and enemy having -100 rep, will still only make same damage as DK15

* Making criticals with it??? I think you saw that on other server... Because even if you the user has really high rep and the enemy has low rep, it will never do more damage then DK15 wand (see WhiteFangs post). And I never saw a Critical of a DK15 wand blizz. So I think you confuse with other server then Nemesis

* Zerked damage melee, its not that good... DK15 wand does better for sure. I think a rep7 wand does more damage. For sure an ancient rep7 short sword

* The chance is very small you also get a K neck....................

ive seen it crit 60+, bout thre rep7 wand, rep works like this: u have to hit consecutive dmgs to get bonus, so first dmg +7, sec +14, third +21, fourth +28, so until the third dmg dk15 > rep7 wand

as for the a rep7 ss, it has lower range, and the 3-4 dmg makes about the same dmg as k wand (crits) but you have to hit in a row, and u cant cast with a short sword

k wand its an excelent weapons against mages, and who said you cant for example use dk15 wand AND k wand, 1 for magical dmg other for physical? as elguason said, berseks double its bonus, so zerked dmg can reach +30's, making total dmg about 40, wich is great if you remenber you got 40 str only

and if i remenber well, i think k wand would hit really close to dk15, on blizes, im not sure how does the klonus bonus works on magics, but it wasnt bad at all, i think its fine the way it is

- Is just MS20

-> Combining it with k neck is only good for mages, if the enemy has NEGATIVE REP (2nd effect of k-items applied) - for wars DM5 > K Neck at ANY time, DM5 is not conditional, k neck is.

-> If your rep is good, you gain the +10 always, the last +5 damage bonus isn't that easy to obtain as many people have positive rep because they know the k-effect.

I personally think a minor increase of k item's max rep (1st effect of k-items) +10 to +15 or +20 maybe, it's small, but i'll be effective enough and worthy to obtain a k-item.

Kwand looks cool, is rare.

Leave it as it is now and remove the max dmg cap.

I'd do that for every kloness item, removing max dmg cap ;)

Kwand looks cool, is rare.

Leave it as it is now and remove the max dmg cap.

so +10k rep = +100 dmg?

zerk hits = +200 dmg?

Kloness Wand is an alright weapon. I had both a zwand and a kwand, and both wands had their uses. Kwand criticals are way nicer than any other wand. But in the magic damage department, kwand doesn't really live up to standards (DK15 in particular).

It's a good weapon, yes, but it has room for improvements.

maybe the problem isnt kwand damage is too low but instead that dk+15 damage is too high

dk+15 damage is pretty close to zwand and an extra what ever mana save = an extra cast

yup.. leave kwand as is and lower dk15

i dont know much about weapons and chances to get but i took this from portal.helbreathnemesis.com

Kloness Wand (MS20)

Deals +5 Damage.

Deals +1 Damage for every 100 Positive Reputation Points above 500.

Deals +1 Damage for every 10 Negative Reputation Points of the target with a maximum of +10 Damage.

it doesnt say anything about max dmg of the first bonus, but it says that the second is +10 instead of +5 as someone said before.

if the second bonus is good or not i dont know, i think almost everyone have rep+ but hey, they made kloness items like this for a reason right?

i dont know much about weapons and chances to get but i took this from portal.helbreathnemesis.com

Kloness Wand (MS20)

Deals +5 Damage.

Deals +1 Damage for every 10 Negative Reputation Points of the target with a maximum of +10 Damage.

it doesnt say anything about max dmg of the first bonus, but it says that the second is +10 instead of +5 as someone said before.

if the second bonus is good or not i dont know, i think almost everyone have rep+ but hey, they made kloness items like this for a reason right?

Yes that's what I thougt to, and that's why I got my hands on it. But if you would have ead the whole posg you would knoww it does in fact not work as written on Portal. You can see what WhitFang GM wrote about it.

Kloness Wand (MS20)

Deals +5 Damage.

Yes that's what I thougt to, and that's why I got my hands on it. But if you would have ead the whole posg you would knoww it does in fact not work as written on Portal. You can see what WhitFang GM wrote about it.

What I wrote is same as what's on the portal, but in different words.

The basic +5 you get from rep < 500 I just defined as "deals +5 damage", even if your rep is negative, it deals the +5.

The second one, you wrote wrongly in your topic, 500 rep = +0 dmg -> 600 rep = +1 -> 700 = +2 ... 1k = +5, add up the +5 from the firstone and you get: 500 rep = +5 -> 600 rep = +6 ... 1k = +10

Portal just doesn't talk about a limit, I explained in a prev post why it doesn't, because i'm not sure what's nemesis setting.

I've tested using my GM with 10k rep, I don't deal +100 damage, which I actually expected to do so.

P.S. What the portal writes, is what I say, I maintain the portal, my knowledge is the portal's knowledge ;)

Kloness Wand (MS20)

Deals +5 Damage.

What I wrote is same as what's on the portal, but in different words.

The basic +5 you get from rep < 500 I just defined as "deals +5 damage", even if your rep is negative, it deals the +5.

The second one, you wrote wrongly in your topic, 500 rep = +0 dmg -> 600 rep = +1 -> 700 = +2 ... 1k = +5, add up the +5 from the firstone and you get: 500 rep = +5 -> 600 rep = +6 ... 1k = +10

Portal just doesn't talk about a limit, I explained in a prev post why it doesn't, because i'm not sure what's nemesis setting.

I've tested using my GM with 10k rep, I don't deal +100 damage, which I actually expected to do so.

P.S. What the portal writes, is what I say, I maintain the portal, my knowledge is the portal's knowledge ;)

But you also wrote that it is +1 damage with a. Max of +5 for every 20 negative rep of enemy. Which is different then portal.

:o