Sign in to follow this  
MEskaly

Hf Fixed Dmg

Hi dear GM's,

I am not Godie. But I was wondering why u guys reduced the damage of hell fire spell..

Lets think about...

u can tell me that the dmg was to high and for that gms decided to reduce...

But if that is the answer .. why xelima weapons are so powerfull? 3 hits mabe 5 u down ..

hellfire is a rare item like xelimas (more rare actualy) and I think would be fair if the spell continue on the damage before the update... Since we have plenty of firepro necks also ...

I guess my opinion doesent count much .. actualy doesent count nothing hehe .. but here is my opinion!

thank you

I loved that the dmg has been changed..

But it has probely been lowered to much..

I only got like 210 dmg with out any set on me.. And that was with z wand.

hmm???

mor rare doesnt means better,

how can you compare a spell to a xelima?

and no, it still hits more than blizz besides is 10 hits, fire dmg, and it doesnt need to be in line for full dmg

its a shame the owner of HF is Godie, if i had it , you would be begging for it to get nerfed

if i had it , you would be begging for it to get nerfed

buenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

it still can one hit kill at sades, and even if not 1 hit ko, 2 sure do the job as u dont have time to get ur hp full even chuging, in 3 seconds

As Creator and Tweaker of The Hell-Fire and Sleep spells in Helbreath Nemesis, I am responsible to answer this clearly.

HF got lowered in damage bacause it was measured in game-play.

The previous setting of the spell's damage was measured in a test environement using custom build test characters.

The new setting of the spell's damage was tweaked towards player recommandations and staff opinions.

Hell-Fire is a high level Fire spell, dealing a big amount of damage more then a casual Blizzard.

The ratio between blizzard and hf was tweaked more to be more realistic for game-play.

A HF casted by a DK+15, rom, fh user still deals a good amount of damage.

While a blizzard needs a perfect aim to hit somone with a fair amount of damage, hf can be shot almost blindfolded and still deal very good damage.

According to it's Mana Consumption and damage, the ratio of blizzard is tweaked towards a game-play environement rather than a testing environement.

Testing is good, and we always test things we make, but the real effects & tweaks are measured in game-play, you can't measure them perfectly during testing in first place.

Besides, those who felt HF wern't moving or in full scale combat, in full-scale combat you can, in theory, deal 10~30 hits if you cast HF with knowledge of the game mechanics.

a 30-hit could result into damage over 1200, ofcrouse it is VERY unlikely to reach that.

To prove this, blizzard can make a 4~15 hit actually, but it'll almost never go higher then a 5-hit because you need to aim perfectly and be very very very lucky to get the shot off correctly.

A lost word, if the HF turns out tweaked too low, we'll tweak it again untill it's perfect.

According to my measurements, HF's expandable damage is perfect, what might be improved is the spot-damage, which will make HF reasonable on casual use, and good to even very good or deadly on perfect aims, just as blizzard can be.

its a shame the owner of HF is Godie, if i had it , you would be begging for it to get nerfed

i think u have said u dont need that spell at all and value it like IS that time they were trading it

i think u have said u dont need that spell at all and value it like IS that time they were trading it

I never said i didnt need it , and i do value it as ice storm...

whats your point?

As Creator and Tweaker of The Hell-Fire and Sleep spells in Helbreath Nemesis, I am responsible to answer this clearly.

HF got lowered in damage bacause it was measured in game-play.

The previous setting of the spell's damage was measured in a test environement using custom build test characters.

The new setting of the spell's damage was tweaked towards player recommandations and staff opinions.

Hell-Fire is a high level Fire spell, dealing a big amount of damage more then a casual Blizzard.

The ratio between blizzard and hf was tweaked more to be more realistic for game-play.

A HF casted by a DK+15, rom, fh user still deals a good amount of damage.

While a blizzard needs a perfect aim to hit somone with a fair amount of damage, hf can be shot almost blindfolded and still deal very good damage.

According to it's Mana Consumption and damage, the ratio of blizzard is tweaked towards a game-play environement rather than a testing environement.

Testing is good, and we always test things we make, but the real effects & tweaks are measured in game-play, you can't measure them perfectly during testing in first place.

Besides, those who felt HF wern't moving or in full scale combat, in full-scale combat you can, in theory, deal 10~30 hits if you cast HF with knowledge of the game mechanics.

a 30-hit could result into damage over 1200, ofcrouse it is VERY unlikely to reach that.

To prove this, blizzard can make a 4~15 hit actually, but it'll almost never go higher then a 5-hit because you need to aim perfectly and be very very very lucky to get the shot off correctly.

A lost word, if the HF turns out tweaked too low, we'll tweak it again untill it's perfect.

According to my measurements, HF's expandable damage is perfect, what might be improved is the spot-damage, which will make HF reasonable on casual use, and good to even very good or deadly on perfect aims, just as blizzard can be.

Amen!

I totaly desagree with moha .... you didnt understand my point of view...

But I would like to thank u white ... thank you for your attetion and explanation about all this...

sorry to take your time.

Best reagards.

No, but there is definitely a STRONG correlation between rareness and power. If you disagree, you're about as smart as a rock.

hurr durr, I da best playor in da game. errbody else is a suxor and dey sux, keke, me da best.

~~~~~~~~

In my opinion, Hellfire was definitely a little overpowered before the nerf. It's about right now, but probably still needs some minor tweaking of the outlying (non-perfect hit) damage. Good work White.

Edited by Synz

No, but there is definitely a STRONG correlation between rareness and power. If you disagree, you're about as smart as a rock.

hurr durr, I da best playor in da game. errbody else is a suxor and dey sux, keke, me da best.

~~~~~~~~

In my opinion, Hellfire was definitely a little overpowered before the nerf. It's about right now, but probably still needs some minor tweaking of the outlying (non-perfect hit) damage. Good work White.

idk, i kinda think hf is not worh it anymore.. it doesn't freeze, and your aim should be perfect (like aiming paras, but with a much higher usage of mana)

anyways, i dont have it, so i cant say much.. but i believe that due to it's rarity its damage should be superv

I've played hb for 10 years and I never saw a 15 hit blizzard (I think it's max is 4), could you please teach us how to do it?

I've played hb for 10 years and I never saw a 15 hit blizzard (I think it's max is 4), could you please teach us how to do it?

blizz de 5 fue lo max q yo vi.. con wand hp alto y mucho culo se puede.

lo q trata de decir es q peliando con el HF podes pegar 30 hit en 3 tiros encambio con el Blizz no podes porque pegar 3 veces el maximos de hit porque el war idiota se mueve :P

bueno... pero no 15 :D

Yeah, it is impossible to hit more than 5 times with blizzard...

But, it IS possible to hit 15 times if you're blizzing more than 1 enemy or a big enemy (like abby, dragons, and wyverns). If you add all the hits up lol :]

bueno... pero no 15 :D

Yeah, it is impossible to hit more than 5 times with blizzard...

But, it IS possible to hit 15 times if you're blizzing more than 1 enemy or a big enemy (like abby, dragons, and wyverns). If you add all the hits up lol :]

I dont think thats what he meant...

Edited by cilin

i missed your point

did you fail to understand , more rare doesnt mean better?

Edited by Lythium

i missed your point

I know you're probably trolling (you're a maynard fan), but I'll answer you seriously...(or you didn't understand my words, which is understandable since you're probably not a first-language english speaker)

Rarity and strength usually go hand in hand, but yes, there are situations where a normal item is stronger than a rare item.

Stormbringers, xelima weapons, GBH, zwand, ESW....you would agree that these rare items are better than normal things right?

This is what I was saying and I think it holds true fairly well and for good reason. It makes perfect sense that rare items are the strongest in the game.

Edited by Synz

i missed your point

I know you're probably trolling (you're a maynard fan), but I'll answer you seriously...(or you didn't understand my words, which is understandable since you're probably not a first-language english speaker)

Rarity and strength usually go hand in hand, but yes, there are situations where a normal item is stronger than a rare item.

Stormbringers, xelima weapons, GBH, zwand, ESW....you would agree that these rare items are better than normal things right?

This is what I was saying and I think it holds true fairly well.

hmm

No,

Actually im used to facts..

some guys think more rare means better, im just saying its not

i know theres exceptions, but im just pointing out a fact so others dont think different.

Elaborating so much an answer doenst necessarily makes it better.

Edited by Lythium

Well then, you're saying something completely different than what I was referring to.

I'm saying that rare items are usually better than normal items.

You're saying that just because there are less Excalibers in game, that it isn't worth a xelima necklace. I already agreed to that part, but just added another fact.

Hell-Fire SHOULD do more damage than blizzard and anyone thinking otherwise is silly. It's a rare spell, it doesn't freeze, and has no other side-effects (like ESW and armor break / stamina reduction).

It should do the most damage in game and it makes perfect sense that it does so.

Well then, you're saying something completely different than what I was referring to.

I'm saying that rare items are usually better than normal items.

You're saying that just because there are less Excalibers in game, that it isn't worth a xelima necklace. I already agreed to that part, but just added another fact.

Hell-Fire SHOULD do more damage than blizzard and anyone thinking otherwise is silly. It's a rare spell, it doesn't freeze, and has no other side-effects (like ESW and armor break / stamina reduction).

It should do the most damage in game and it makes perfect sense that it does so.

Im still missing your point,

Hf still does more dmg than blizz, besides not all rare spells are better than the common spells that are alike them ( int needed / mana wasted),

they just give an option to common spells

like you said here.

If you disagree, you're about as smart as a rock.

I think that it should do the most damage in game only if its ment to...

i guess that the int requirement of each spell should show the power of it. So since 200int is needed for HF and 195 for blizz and since blizz freezes the target HF should make more dmg than blizz...

BSW and MFS are rare spells aswell they arent better than blizz tho

(well those require less int )

idk if u guys agree with the above :P

An idea would be (idk if its good or not) get the old dmg on HF and increase the int requirement to 205 or so? :P