Sign in to follow this  
MEskaly

Hf Fixed Dmg

It should do the most damage in game and it makes perfect sense that it does so.

I think that it should do the most damage in game only if its ment to...

i guess that the int requirement of each spell should show the power of it. So since 200int is needed for HF and 195 for blizz and since blizz freezes the target HF should make more dmg than blizz...

BSW and MFS are rare spells aswell they arent better than blizz tho

(well those require less int )

idk if u guys agree with the above :P

An idea would be (idk if its good or not) get the old dmg on HF and increase the int requirement to 205 or so? :P

or increase its mana usage and leave its damage as it was

lets say 250 mana points for Hf with dk 15 and ms18

so u wont be able to go trigger happy with it.

Im still missing your point,

I've stated my point, quite clearly, for the last two posts I've made trying to reply to you. If you have anything else to say, you're welcome to PM me. I don't want to spam the thread with repetition.

~~~~

Jannis, setting the int requirement to over 200 int will mean that the spell will disappear if the person removes the int angel+5 that would be required.

The spell is already more mana intensive than blizzard is, so it is pretty well covered in that department.

~~~~

I would like to hear what Godie thinks about the changes to Hell-Fire.

Edited by Synz

mor rare doesnt means better,

No, but there is definitely a STRONG correlation between rareness and power. If you disagree, you're about as smart as a rock.

its a shame the owner of HF is Godie, if i had it , you would be begging for it to get nerfed

hurr durr, I da best playor in da game. errbody else is a suxor and dey sux, keke, me da best.

~~~~~~~~

In my opinion, Hellfire was definitely a little overpowered before the nerf. It's about right now, but probably still needs some minor tweaking of the outlying (non-perfect hit) damage. Good work White.

HaHa. If he had HF he would still hotkey m.shield wand... what a tuff guy

I've played hb for 10 years and I never saw a 15 hit blizzard (I think it's max is 4), could you please teach us how to do it?

yes, a perfect aim is indeed a 4-hit.

A 15 hit would be EXTREEMLY HARD, but i mean like 0,000000000000000000001% chance you get it off.

Blizzard (and HF) have the "fly-option". You can deal damage to somone, and he flies (moves) to another spot.

Let's assume I blizz you and get the 4 hit off, on the 4th hit, you'll be flown in the direction which hasn't been hitted yet, but is still within the range, you gain the full hits of that, which is 3 hit, on the 3rd hit, you'll be flown again to another spot, which didn't get damage dealt yet, you prolly end up in a 3 or 2 hit spot, let's assume 3, i get again all 3 hits off, last hit you fly again... etc etc

At the end, it could end up being 15 hit, but to get this kind of movement off, you need to be extreemly lucky, as flieing (moving) by the magic can be resisted (randomness), aswell as a magic hit can be resisted (due to MR), aswell as the fly direction is random.

I'm only saying that in theory it is possible, in reality it'll likely never even be a 5 or 6 hit blizzard, but you can get it pulled off a 5 or 6 hit if you're lucky, skills no more matter to get a 5 or more hit off.

Aside of that, in theoretical scheme's and calculations, the enemy's (target's) MR is NEVER taken in account, so you could get a 5 or 6 hit, but only deal 2 or 3 hits of damage, but you DID get a 6-hit actually.

Aside of that, the angle between the caster and the target also determines the fly direction, but it isn't neccesarely the fly direction, it can be affected by randomness so you'd fly in another direction, depending on the outline of the spell's damage.

Just got back from busy working schedule.

I tested it last few days at BI with a friend of mine with full DK armor, standing right on the spot, and his a bbh user. I can tell you that the dmg was reduced ALOT, where receiver will get 200 - 300dmg, with dk15, rogm, ms18, angel 8. However, I've made a 480dmg (which is the highest i can make on that day after the fixed) on the warrior, but it was like ONCE in a 30+times trial.

Regarding on the theoretical dmg, WhiteGM, I might need you to clarify this to me, is HF still a 5x5 dmg? or changed to 4x4, because 5th tile is not affected.

As for the mana consumption, it's a 151 mana to be used (with ms18), and 250 in safe mode to cast the spell. So honestly, 151mana for a 200-300 dmg, to me is really not worthy. So what i did during the fight on that day (with some koreans I saw, and eventually got chased by their whole nation at the end) was actually just blizz with my friend and HF when I feel the time is correct.

And this is how my friend felt. They say the dmg has been reduced too much, and for this, the spell isnt "special" anymore. People won't hunt for special spells anymore. Coz it's not special. They would rather use blizzard with the special freeze effect.

It's true that HF no longer a 1 hit KO (ON NOOB GOLDIE, PLEASE MAKE THIS RIGHT) but it's not a "good" spell to go for fight. Why? People will prefer blizzard as it gives the freeze effect. People still prefer ESW as it gives the sp reduction.

I know many of you hate koreans, but as from what I've experienced during the fight with them before the fix, I always got chased by them EVERYTIME I LOG IN. And I can tell you that, getting chased by 2 SB, 1 Ice sword, 1 Xelima, 1 DK15 sword, 1 Archer to stunt me all the time, 1 Z wand, 1 DK15 mage, it's NEVER BEEN EASY TO EVEN STOP AND CAST AAAAAAAAA SPELL. I can only rely on my friends to invis me and get my chance to just cast a spell. And guess what, those koreans would rather chase me on the entire ML, than killing a noob mage running behind them.

I would like to type more but I'm in hurry for next Commercial shooting.

My opinion, HF dmg SHOULD REDUCE, but not this much. And I know White and staff had a long and hard time to think about this issue, which I really really feel that their commitment to nemesis is a worthy server to play.

P/S: I hate the way Moha reply.

People still prefer ESW as it gives the sp reduction.

lol

i got news for you

theres 3 pro rare spells

ESW

cancel

inhi

you cant even compare hf to esw,

kennychl, is not like you cant use Blizz if you have HF, you have both and this spell give you variety on your attacks which is priceless.

(If MS or MMM wouldnt be on Magic Tower and they would be rare, i still would want them even if they hit 80~90 :P )

HF has a lot of advantages on his uses, not needed to be in line to aim so you can do a max damage at every spot on your screen is the best of those advantages.

Last time i checked (few days ago) HF did more damage than Blizzard, i dont think it was changed in these last days.

Anyways, we can always 'fix' this with time. Trial and error.

So it sounds like it's balanced a bit more, but might need a little more tweaking to either the damage of the spell or the mana-cost-to-damage ratio.

So it sounds like it's balanced a bit more, but might need a little more tweaking to either the damage of the spell or the mana-cost-to-damage ratio.

exactly

and thanks for always being patient with posters, players and not treating people in a demeaning way when you respond.

We're just trying this fix out to see how it goes...if it is too low, we'll raise it some.

If it's too high, we'll take it down some more. Just depends what is shown in real game situations.

You're right on thatone.

HF got tweaked a bit, and will be tweaked again on next update we're preparing to be launched very soon.

I've spent 3 hours calculating and re-calculating damages, mana consumption, hitting amount, hitting proabability, rarity, after effects etc etc between Blizzard, ESW and Hell-Fire.

HF's minimum damage is perfectly in line with it's consumption, but it's maximum damage isn't, and that's what we'll change.

Also the on-the-spot damage (which requires AIM in full scale combat) will be highered so shooting like a crazy guy will deal some dmg, but not as many as if it was aimed perfectly on the spot (like a para).

Expect a re-tweak of the max dmg of the center of the spell, and a minor tweak on the damage around the center.

P.S. The one who wondered about the range, HF is a 2x2 range, which means it'll expand 2 "spots" or "tiles" left, right, up and down from the center where it has been casted, making it a 5x5 square large spell.