Sign in to follow this  
-Gambit

Suggestion For Int. Part Of Forums : English Only

First I'd like to say that I have nothing against spanish/spanish-speaking people..

Now that it's said... Err, why is like 1/4 threads and posts in int forums still in spanish, when hb argentina was made for spanish-speaking players? Could add a rule that only english should be spoken in int forums. It's kind of annoying when I enter an english topic and all I can see is pages of spanish text I don't understand. 80% of nemesis players at least can speak at least a bit of english and most of those who can't, have gone to arg server.

English isn't my native language either, but it's a language (almost) everyone can understand, so why not use it?

Another option would be to add a separate spanish subforum to the international part of the forums aswell..

Would be nice if everyone understood what others are talking about.

First I'd like to say that I have nothing against spanish/spanish-speaking people..

Now that it's said... Err, why is like 1/4 threads and posts in int forums still in spanish, when hb argentina was made for spanish-speaking players? Could add a rule that only english should be spoken in int forums. It's kind of annoying when I enter an english topic and all I can see is pages of spanish text I don't understand. 80% of nemesis players at least can speak at least a bit of english and most of those who can't, have gone to arg server.

English isn't my native language either, but it's a language (almost) everyone can understand, so why not use it?

Another option would be to add a separate spanish subforum to the international part of the forums aswell..

Would be nice if everyone understood what others are talking about.

your wrong from the start.

1. Hb arg was meant for arg players, not for spanish-speaking players

2. this server is HB INTERNATIONAL, not UNITED STATES HB, OR ENGLISH- HB

I agree when a new topic is written in English people should not start posting on it in Spanish.

Otherwise you can just throw French or Dutch in it also.. And how many people would understand those languages eh?

I agree when a new topic is written in English people should not start posting on it in Spanish.

Otherwise you can just throw French or Dutch in it also.. And how many people would understand those languages eh?

Hmmm.....

you cant compare, since in our server basicly no1 speaks french or dutch,

most ppl talk either spanish/ english

Argentina is the world's largest country among Spanish-speaking nations.

I've seen this "only english" rule implemented in various other servers and it seems this rule has worked out just fine in other communities.

Once again I'd like to state that I don't have any hard feelings against people who do not speak english, I just think that in international forums international language should be used, which in this case seems to be english

Argentina is the world's largest country among Spanish-speaking nations.

I've seen this "only english" rule implemented in various other servers and it seems this rule has worked out just fine in other communities.

Once again I'd like to state that I don't have any hard feelings against people who do not speak english, I just think that in international forums international language should be used, which in this case seems to be english

i understand ur anoyed. but the most spoken language in this forum is english, and spanish.. so u cant help it to see it leak throughout the forum.

anyways i agree with what somebody said that if the thread has been started in english it should stay in that way, unless it has been started in english, and translated to spanish, or viceversa

rofl at that

pls watch geographic distribution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language

I was completely wasted when I wrote that post lol. I wrote it for like 20 minutes.

I cut the "the largest spanish speaking...." part together from the text in wikipedia. I think it actually said it's one of the 8 largest countries where the native language is spanish.

Either way, I don't think it deserves a "rofl", as your link states it's the 5th largest spanish-speaking country in the world... didnt really miss by that much :P.

rofl at that

pls watch geographic distribution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language

I was completely wasted when I wrote that post lol. I wrote it for like 20 minutes.

I cut the "the largest spanish speaking...." part together from the text in wikipedia. I think it actually said it's one of the 8 largest countries where the native language is spanish.

Either way, I don't think it deserves a "rofl", as your link states it's the 5th largest spanish-speaking country in the world... didnt really miss by that much :P.

Actually it shows that from 510.000.000 people that speak spanish in the world, less than 8% is from Argentina :P

Anyways Argentina is one of the countries with more HB players (Top 3 in the world?), in part you are right, but not where they should have to post.

---------

mmm lets go by parts.

Scat stated once that everyone should be allowed to post in their languages since it is an International server.

Months ago we tried to set a rule where everyone had to post in the language the topic started at, was a mess. Not only because we were mass banning everyone for something like that (stupid), but because some players were trying to use that rule to get people banned. (E.G. "Gambit down in pvp full pots, topic in spanish" of course you will want to defend yourself and you finish falling in the 'trap'. It is just an example)

So we finish removing that rule and made the forum open to any language.

For example, baquita made a topic asking about ma/cic in spanish and 100% of the replies were in english. May be he will not understand what they are saying but it is ok, they were trying to help or discussing, not spaming.

Arg forum was made for Nemesis Arg players, not for Argentinians. Nemesis Int forum is for Nemesis Int players.

If every spanish speaker were playing at Nemesis Arg i would understand, but they arent.

Pollerudos, Argenlandia, Hachis, Reptilia and HBK Guardianes are big guilds from spanish speakers i can recall. The Bambi and Oldies are not active here anymore.

Even when we dont have any rule i try to speak in english, because i can speak a ?decent? english and i dont want to be rude with the rest. Rude, not offensive.

I understand those who post on their mother tongue to be understood better by a group of players.

For example, the other day i saw a topic where Mercy, sold and bozai were speaking in portuguese. I just scrolled down and took me 1 second, if they were speaking between them why i would care what do they say? Im not a gossip.

Or if FunnyGirl wants to tell to his spanish speakers friends something and he does it in english... nobody of them will get what he is talking about or 90% of them will not get exactly what he tried to say or his argument on a discussion.

While if someone wants to tell something to everyone, lets say he wants to trade something on the Marketplace, he will make an effort and post even on a broken english.

If you set a rule you have to enforce it. Honestly i dont like the idea of banning people from something like THAT (finnish, spanish, portuguese, english or any language they posted at)

I think it is ok when they post on any language because they cant speak english or they are talking to a certain group of players or w/e. What it is wrong is when they spam (when they spam a lot, if we were strict most of the topics are spamed with nosense in english or any language, a litle bit it is ok and comic :) )

Fair enough. If you say so :P. It's not gossip I'm interested in though. I read through the hb int days screenshot thread the other day and I was really interested in hearing what people did, what guilds were they in, what items they had etc and then in the end spanish posts come and suddenly I dont understand a word about what's spoken of.

Edited by -Gambit

Basicly its just like this. If you are looking for the attentio of most players, you write in english. Rest.. who cares.. For everthing else I vote no, nada. Want my vote?! ENGLISH TY.

not that anyone cares but here's my 2 cents...

I have always encouraged the players to come here to the forum and take advantage of the help available here, the friendship of the community, and to go over guildes and rules and most importantly to ask questions.

I really dont even want someone to feel intimidated to post, because they dont have good command of the english language. Between their crappy english and my crappier spanish, we eventually communicate with each other.

So, I'd prefer there be no rules dictating which language is spoken.

Gambit u need know english is hard lenguaje...so many times some people who dont talk english..or talk little english ( like me ) maybe i try to say something....and that guys dont know to say in english so i think is better they post this in Spanish because they can explain good the situation

If someone chose to write in spanish... is because he can make his point more clearly if he uses spanish. If u force everyone to write in english... there will be lots of post that no one could ever understand.

And whats the problem with spanish post? U r not forced to understand spanish, or to reply a spanish comment... Just ignore that post, and move on to the next english post.

And whats the problem with spanish post? U r not forced to understand spanish, or to reply a spanish comment... Just ignore that post, and move on to the next english post.

There is no problem with a topic posted in English.. It's about a thread that starts in English and then suddenly gets some spanish posts.

When your interested in a topic you want to know everything thats being said..

I do agree with you guys that some people can express them self better in spanish, but for the spanish people who do speak English, wouldn't it be possible to give a short explanation of what this person is saying?

On a other hand it's indeed not your job to translate.. especially if it's a huge text..

Anyways, I do understand both sides of the story..

just use a online translator at most. i dont speak spanish and i dont understand spanish.. but if this post or this comment interest me, i use a translator. i mean like some of the peeps above said, it might probably be due to not being able to express themselves to the best in english.. thats why they have to reply in spanish. or u can probably get a spanish speaking friend to translate the text to u.. thats what i always do. (:

Im not making here topics in finnish.. i make in english cos i except that everyone understand it .. All spanish speaking people should do same.. speak english plz..

Im not making here topics in finnish.. i make in english cos i except that everyone understand it .. All spanish speaking people should do same.. speak english plz..

Kyll? minun mielest? n?m? kaikki pit?is olla ihan suomeksi vaan. Eik?h?n jatkossa pidet? topicit suomalaisina? :D

Things are fine as they are. For one last point, it's MUCH easier translating from a foreign language into your own language (reading it) than trying to speak it. This is why replies are sometimes in a different language than what the original topic was in.

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Jeg synes nu ogs? at man burde snakke engelsk i de forskellige topics.

Hverken engelsk eller spansk er mit hovedsprog det er dansk.

Hvis man har viljen til at l?re sproget, vil man ogs? sagtens kunne forst? det.

(danish)

Edited by raMz

(danish)

Arh raMzii. Det kr?ver meget tid at l?re et sprog fra bunden og tid er penge!

Syntes ikke det er et stort problem, men hvis man kan burde man skrive engelsk ;)

Tid og tid, jeg l?rte da spansk p? ? ?r.

Dog ikke udvidet spansk, men navneord osv. s? det var da fint nok heh.

Har man viljen s? kan man sagtens l?re et andet sprog.

(danish)

Arh raMzii. Det kr?ver meget tid at l?re et sprog fra bunden og tid er penge!

Syntes ikke det er et stort problem, men hvis man kan burde man skrive engelsk ;)