Sign in to follow this  
raycash

A Few Questions For The Players/gms

I was a player on HBUnited back in the day, and I was thinking about coming back to this game- But I had a few questions

Question #1-

What are the GM's like? Do they mute you for making fun of people and causing disruption and LOLLOLOL"ing at people for absolutely no reason at all?

There doesn't seem to be any rule against this, so I was pretty excited and thought maybe this was a good server, but then I saw this rule.....

"Racially inappropriate language, cursing and any form of racial/sexual harassment will absolutely NOT be tolerated. If you are caught doing so (which you will if you do so) you will be permanently banned on both the forum and the game. We cannot urge you enough to refrain from making ANY racial/sexual comments towards other players or GameMasters. Some people can get really offended about this! "

LOL so If I was like "Hey kerunt, my weiner is like really really big and I think your mom is really hot what is she doing tonight? Also your sister

Would I get muted for that? Sexual mayo pzl

Question #2 -

GM's Editing characters. Ok so I knew farjat from a long time ago, I thought he was a smart guy I THOUGHT SO, but what is this bs about him editing a character and giving him ESW and all this just because he helps finance the server?

I'm not trying to start an argument about this, I just Honestly want to know, because that says alot about the Kind of Staff thats here (Just a simple Yes or No Answer works for this one)

Question #3 -

GM's banning someone for logging out in PVP? Why would you need a GM to interfere with this unless they were using a Log out hack?

Farjat I have a question for you, you said this in another thread about a playing logging out....

"Its very Easy. If u DC in a Box means u have lag or u pulled.

But if u are unlucky and DC in a Box and we see it, and u dont log back, PULLED.

Ask DmgSux for more info..."

So if you get DC'd and you were boxed, you want players immediately to log back in in front of like 4+ people with Para precasted so you can instantly die? Any player whose ever PVP'd knows that if you get DC especially if you're a mage, you NEVER log back in instantly, you'll just get immediately para'd/pfa'd.

How is that a good way to decide if someone pulled? Nobody would ever do what you're suggesting they do unless they want to lose a zem and give some noob a free EK.

Last Question - Anyone play quakelive?

I don't think i'm breaking any rules just by asking a few questions to the players and GM's right? So I don't see why you would need to lock/delete this thread, I just want some opinions from people :)

Rakarth is a big handsome man

LOL so If I was like "Hey kerunt, my weiner is like really really big and I think your mom is really hot what is she doing tonight? Also your sister

Yeah, I might mute you for that. Kids play this game too, and we don't like people cursing or making comments like that.

Question #2 -

GM's Editing characters. Ok so I knew farjat from a long time ago, I thought he was a smart guy I THOUGHT SO, but what is this bs about him editing a character and giving him ESW and all this just because he helps finance the server?

I'm not trying to start an argument about this, I just Honestly want to know, because that says alot about the Kind of Staff thats here (Just a simple Yes or No Answer works for this one)

There is one edited player on this server - the owner of Boy/SLYONE. His mother, SexyBitch, is the actual OWNER of this server, and the one who keeps it free for us to play. There are no other edited characters beside Boy and SLYONE. Not even us GM's get edits on our players...all our items we have to hunt/trade for. Jing[GM] has a bunch of edits though, and they're fun to play with when I'm alone. :P (They're all bound to Jing[GM], though, so no one else can use them even if I gave them to someone)

Question #3 -

GM's banning someone for logging out in PVP? Why would you need a GM to interfere with this unless they were using a Log out hack?

We'll ban people for pulling the plug on their modem, or exiting HB, because that's not part of the game. Logging is, and we won't ban people for that.

The reasoning behind it is that if people pull/use another way of getting out of the game without taking damage, they're basically cheating the game to avoid dying. To logout you need to go 10 seconds without taking damage, an original part of the game. Pulling gets you out within 2-3 seconds, and cheats death.

Farjat I have a question for you, you said this in another thread about a playing logging out....

But if u are unlucky and DC in a Box and we see it, and u dont log back, PULLED.

So if you get DC'd and you were boxed, you want players immediately to log back in in front of like 4+ people with Para precasted so you can instantly die? Any player whose ever PVP'd knows that if you get DC especially if you're a mage, you NEVER log back in instantly, you'll just get immediately para'd/pfa'd.

How is that a good way to decide if someone pulled? Nobody would ever do what you're suggesting they do unless they want to lose a zem and give some noob a free EK.

Because there is really no way to tell if they just DCed because of lag or pulled, unless they log right back in. If you're boxed, you're gonna die anyways unless you pulled, so you might as well log back in and save yourself a mandatory week-long vacation from the game.

Not me.

I don't think i'm breaking any rules just by asking a few questions to the players and GM's right? So I don't see why you would need to lock/delete this thread, I just want some opinions from people :)

No need from what I can tell, but it's not my server to run. ;)

Yeah, I might mute you for that. Kids play this game too, and we don't like people cursing or making comments like that.

Jesus, I guess this game really is dead. The carebears finally won. This isn't a Library at a Middle School, this is Helbreath.

Oh well it's not the end of the world I guess, but I can think of Far worse things you see on daytime television than you'll get out of people having fun in helbreath global chat.

That isn't poor taste or Racism, it's smack talk and it's a big part of what made this game fun to begin with.

There is one edited player on this server - the owner of Boy/SLYONE. His mother, SexyBitch, is the actual OWNER of this server, and the one who keeps it free for us to play. There are no other edited characters beside Boy and SLYONE. Not even us GM's get edits on our players...all our items we have to hunt/trade for. Jing[GM] has a bunch of edits though, and they're fun to play with when I'm alone. :P (They're all bound to Jing[GM], though, so no one else can use them even if I gave them to someone)

This is acceptable now? People actually buy into this?

Granted it's what you might call "controlled corruption" right? I mean isn't that what you're trying to get at?

Any form of corruption is corruption none the less, whose to say they'll stop there? Maybe he'll decide next he wants a MP4million set and an ice ele neck and a medusa sword, no never mind just give him a GM sword and let him run around with his tweaker GM items.

I don't think it would be difficult to see the obvious problems with letting this happen. This was extremely poor judgement (in my opinion of course)

We'll ban people for pulling the plug on their modem, or exiting HB, because that's not part of the game. Logging is, and we won't ban people for that.

The reasoning behind it is that if people pull/use another way of getting out of the game without taking damage, they're basically cheating the game to avoid dying. To logout you need to go 10 seconds without taking damage, an original part of the game. Pulling gets you out within 2-3 seconds, and cheats death.

This is reasonable, if a player abuses this intentionally again and again I can see it being a problem BUT that being said...

Because there is really no way to tell if they just DCed because of lag or pulled, unless they log right back in. If you're boxed, you're gonna die anyways unless you pulled, so you might as well log back in and save yourself a mandatory week-long vacation from the game.

This isn't. Who are you to say someone would die in ANY given situation? Do you have a crystal ball that lets you see the future? Whose to say he isn't calling in for his guildmates in guild chat to come help him out? Whose to say Someone in the box might make a mistake and he lives and goes free?

The point is, for a one time occurence you really have absolutely no clue whether it's a legit disconnection or not, and no person in their right mind would immediately log back in if they were faced with the INCONVENIENCE of being DC'd.

People constantly abusing plug pulling I can see you having a case, but you making hypothetical situations and then playing the blame game with no empirical evidence to support the decision, then banning someone for a week because of it, is pretty ludicrous don't you think?

Not me.

You should. :D

hey...you say it, its helbreath....its a game why do you need coursing people?? becouse they are ares/elv??i have a lot of ares i considered not friends but good people and everytime we see, we fight, its part of the GAME.

never say anything even if thay are insulting me couse its a game and if you need need do that its pathetic, in my personal opion of course.

:D corruption....jajan give him 2 more edited char if that make all the rest of us can enjoy the sever free. sexy we love you :wub:

Pulling issues there are another post about that, if i dont bad remember.

No, besides hb i play Age of empires, and some belic war in first person(brother in arms for example)

hey...you say it, its helbreath....its a game why do you need coursing people?? becouse they are ares/elv??i have a lot of ares i considered not friends but good people and everytime we see, we fight, its part of the GAME.

never say anything even if thay are insulting me couse its a game and if you need need do that its pathetic, in my personal opion of course.

:D corruption....jajan give him 2 more edited char if that make all the rest of us can enjoy the sever free. sexy we love you :wub:

Pulling issues there are another post about that, if i dont bad remember.

No, besides hb i play Age of empires, and some belic war in first person(brother in arms for example)

All HB private servers since the dawn have time have been free. That doesn't justify Corruption. I was the Head GM of probably the most popular and well known HB server of all time, and it was free, does that mean we gave our GMs and Hosts edited items? Of course not

In addition to that, we handled a server population greater than this, so even if they're paying for a dedicated server, than it's out of convenience for them, not for you.

That's called GM corruption. I'm just a little bit amazed that this is acceptable to people now. :blush:

1. yes you should get muted for acting like tard, you can talk smack with out refering to

your twig and berries, or mentioning someones family.

2. i personaly dont like it and most people dont, but it is what it is and its not going to change.

3. i never heard of someone getting banned for this and if your not a puller then its not a big.

4. NO

1. yes you should get muted for acting like tard, you can talk smack with out refering to

Ever heard of a your mom joke? Do you think people who make them should be thrown in jail? No, it's fun and it keeps trash talk interesting.

How fun would baseball be if you could only throw the ball underhanded like a girl?

You sound like some kind of carebear fairy when you say things like that.

When did gamers lose their balls? I say we put an end to this homo douchery and bring the excitement, the trash talking, and the hate back into HB.

That's fun, "oh you poopy head, I'll pwn you" yeah you sound real tough, nobody even cracked a smile at that.

It's just not effective or entertaining.

You should have the freedom to say what you want, with the exceptions of EXTREME racism or EXTREME disgusting bad taste.

a little mom or sister fun is epic, stop being such a Nancy. :D

call me what you want.

in the end argueing online is like the special olympics win or lose your a retard.

yes ive heard your mom jokes when i was 13 grow up.

Ever heard of a your mom joke? Do you think people who make them should be thrown in jail? No, it's fun and it keeps trash talk interesting.

How fun would baseball be if you could only throw the ball underhanded like a girl?

You sound like some kind of carebear fairy when you say things like that.

When did gamers lose their balls? I say we put an end to this homo douchery and bring the excitement, the trash talking, and the hate back into HB.

That's fun, "oh you poopy head, I'll pwn you" yeah you sound real tough, nobody even cracked a smile at that.

It's just not effective or entertaining.

You should have the freedom to say what you want, with the exceptions of EXTREME racism or EXTREME disgusting bad taste.

a little mom or sister fun is epic, stop being such a Nancy. :D

wtf? You sound like an idiot. Comparing trash talking to throwing underhand in baseball... Why not just let your actions do the talking if you think you're so good. People will notice, and that speaks a lot louder than making yourself look stupid by talking about someone you don't knows family.

u suckkkkkkkk lol what a newbie :D

we dont need u.. therei s already 150 ppls better than you.. dont like the rules ? dotn play.. logger

This guy sounds like a childish dick here to start crap.

Hey raycash, when you want to pay $500 a month for a server, then you can complain about "controlled corruption" ok?

This server is better run than most, and allows for a wide degree of flaming (more than any other game anyway). I've been on the positive and negative side of GM decisions before (sometimes fair and sometimes not) and I still reckon it's the best server out there without a doubt.

I don't like you, and I hope you don't start playing. It's not even corruption. Corruption is giving someone an unfair edge for personal gain to yourself. There's no personal gain to Sexy[GM] - there's just an incurring loss of money each month to pay for a server for them to enjoy.

u kno why he says his server handled a greater population than ours? it's because all the retards go to his server after they end up getting banned from this one. lol.

Hey raycash, when you want to pay $500 a month for a server, then you can complain about "controlled corruption" ok?

This server is better run than most, and allows for a wide degree of flaming (more than any other game anyway). I've been on the positive and negative side of GM decisions before (sometimes fair and sometimes not) and I still reckon it's the best server out there without a doubt.

I don't like you, and I hope you don't start playing. It's not even corruption. Corruption is giving someone an unfair edge for personal gain to yourself. There's no personal gain to Sexy[GM] - there's just an incurring loss of money each month to pay for a server for them to enjoy.

just a quick curious question, how does running a HB server cost $500 a month?

they pay dedicated server

not sure if its 500 but ATLEAST its 300 for this pro server we have

they pay dedicated server

not sure if its 500 but ATLEAST its 300 for this pro server we have

oh rly? dam, it still lags sometimes tho =(

i remember running this game on 512ram for 100+ ppl lol

since this server has got people from all over the world playing, setting a rule to be nice is impt, hence no cursing etc. you never know if som1 might just take it too hard, or if they get offended in terms of culture / religion. Nothing wrong being nice to others.

about the player edit. pls, just imagine he gets his items from drops and not edit. you wont whine about any1 who gets ESW if its a dropped manual right? there, case closed.

Don't start complaining about something you haven't even tried. Seriously you sound like a huge douche.

This server is a dictatorship, so deal with it. it's free and it's by far the greatest server I've played. So join, or leave. We could care less, specially from people starting crap like you.

Don't start complaining about something you haven't even tried. Seriously you sound like a huge douche.

This server is a dictatorship, so deal with it. it's free and it's by far the greatest server I've played. So join, or leave. We could care less, specially from people starting crap like you.

:wub:

I was a player on HBUnited back in the day, and I was thinking about coming back to this game- But I had a few questions

Question #1-

What are the GM's like? Do they mute you for making fun of people and causing disruption and LOLLOLOL"ing at people for absolutely no reason at all?

There doesn't seem to be any rule against this, so I was pretty excited and thought maybe this was a good server, but then I saw this rule.....

"Racially inappropriate language, cursing and any form of racial/sexual harassment will absolutely NOT be tolerated. If you are caught doing so (which you will if you do so) you will be permanently banned on both the forum and the game. We cannot urge you enough to refrain from making ANY racial/sexual comments towards other players or GameMasters. Some people can get really offended about this! "

Question #2 -

Question #3 -

We have a ruleset. Seems u readed it, so why asking here about mutes...

Corruption? jajajajaja

I drive my own newspaper in real life. Why should i corrupt if i can draw ppls mind to my pleasure informing them? Sorry but u are years ago to understand it. Driving this server is my hobby. I just love to have the best server ever!

Dmgsux was always a puller. its not just my idea of today. we was running him for half hour and his fps and ping was great. then he went safe and the aresden go invis to safe and boxed him. when they started to summon he laughted and disconnected. Seems he didnt recogniced my mage = banned.

For all the rest u writed:

I just dont care. I drive this server and i choose my ppl under my criteria. is not 100% always but i do listen to advices. And i have other admins less actives to ask for his advices. We respect each other because we know each other for years. that include the players.

No matter if u will play or not, no matter if u like our rules or not, theres no better option than nemesis anyway.

i NEVER sayed ppl needs to log fast if got DC. If u guys just dont pull, there will be no punishmens.

U know me from years? LOL