Sign in to follow this  
Omegadoom

Dk15 Templar's

Put it this way, with all the leveling you do getting DK15, youre bound to get some decent armor drops...One would hope :P

i have 130 str for 1st time ever on my war and works fine for me even with my dk+4 i still can get eks may take 1 or 2 extra para's then normal but they die. plus with the extra points i save i get 50 magic for 100% magic skill and fast cast makes pvp more fun. Also stated GIS's arnt that hard to come by, i have gone through about 5 or so since i started. Demons and GG drop them alot.

Also stated GIS's arnt that hard to come by, i have gone through about 5 or so since i started. Demons and GG drop them alot.

You must have some good luck. You dont want to know the amount of demons and gg's Ive killed. I can count all of my drops on 1 hand. NS Cape, Right Baxe, Demon Leather *2 and Agile Baxe hp56.

Also stated GIS's arnt that hard to come by, i have gone through about 5 or so since i started. Demons and GG drop them alot.

You must have some good luck. You dont want to know the amount of demons and gg's Ive killed. I can count all of my drops on 1 hand. NS Cape, Right Baxe, Demon Leather *2 and Agile Baxe hp56.

I may have good luck but i also try to use full party for better drops.

str. bonus does apply here, because when i changed my stats from 156 to 130 i noticed about 4-5 pts. of dmg. diff. on average.

Lemme find the post where Jaapy said it doesn't apply. Gimme a min!!

I don't remember saying that, so good luck finding the post :-)

2d10+2+15

vs.

2d11+3

Average swing damage by dices in dk15 = 27

Average swing damage by dices in flam+3 = 14

There is your diffirence. Yeah crits indeed suck, but thats what you get when you use 130str weapon. You cannot really expect that youll get awsome crit dmg with high vit.

The damage in crits can seem same because the dkswords upgrade bonus is added after all other bonuses, where as the strenght affects on flam+3s dice dmg which is higher than in dksword. And with higher strenght that effect can be even more notable. I haven't tested this but I believe its like that.

PS. It's the now balanced so imo there is no reason to change it!

totally agreed its balanced

Yeah, Jaapy talked once about Hitting Prob on long swords... not on the damage bonus at the str.

---

It is balanced on pvp (more HP, more regen hp, nice hitting prob, nice normal and dash attacks, great damage zerked, longer range, 50Mag/1000%magic)

And it it is a lot better on pvm.

DK is nice weapon but... low dmg... i got 200str nice dm nice ring full hero set and i use all time BBH lolx

who is better BBH+0 or dk +15 = simple BBH :S, all players got bbh+0 in 2/4 days get nice dmg and dk wars lost 3 months of training for nothing.

ah. So if ... get a good weapon to continue training ... XD

it would be nice to go a little damage.

hmm i think i misunderstood.. i got dk 12 on kaerf on my aresden player. (No Dmg items xpect dm 1)

well.. i dun understand.. i do 50 + dmg to ogres/naked ppls/wherwolfs and no zerk.. its sort of good.. even tho i like more bbh and i think ill change.

I don't remember saying that, so good luck finding the post :-)

White said it hajaja. Then he said it nvm, maybe it does work. i confuzed :wacko:

is hard to understand things when u dont know to read right cakez? :/

ontopic: dk15 is good if u have items/time to make it

god, let me repeat myself

pvp wise

dk sword ususally owns bbhm unless the bbh war hangs on until the dk war strips (which most dont)

take it from experiance, if i had a choice between bbh+7 or dk+15 130 str war, i whould go for 130 str

its easy to survive and you have HIGH hp which bbh has pretty shitty hp

would you rather hit A LOT once in a while or hit decent all the time?

think about it

dk sword > bbh

Take it from me, dont even think about a GiS war unless you can successfuly pry an Ancient Giant Sword from the Item Whore PL raiders.

DK15 doesnt "suck" Its a good weapon for a 130 str, I mean for that much vit you arent going to give people a GREAT weapon. It has high hit prob and with a DM3 and ROD (which isnt hard to come across) you will be doing decent damage. DK15 has a very good normal swing, as opposed to crits, but thats not to say its crits are rubbish. Majestics arent hard to get, you can do one in 40 minutes... so what thats? 50 hours of leveling?

As far as the comparison to Flame+3. Ive never seen a flame +3 hit around the 50 mark normal swing with a ROD and a DM3. I see it regularily from DK15's.

*IN ADDITION*

The Dk15 will be better than a dk12 and i cant wait til i get dk15 from a dk12 afterall it does nice hits. I mean if u going up against a mage in pvp (which they are considered to have low dex) you would actualy hit harder since the dmg wouldnt get sliced by a few. I believe it isnt that hard to obtain a dk15 and it would be worth it, dk+ bbh owns u know... one has nice hits and other has some crazy hp

i remember Gimlin got full hero with only dk15 :)

best thing is i always jump his ek with my bbh lol!

Been trying to find the answer to this question for an eternity..

A flame+3 has a -10% chance to hit on small/medium targets and +15% chance to hit on large targets.

What is the hitting prob on the DK+15?

A flame+3 is the same as GiS dmg, which as u all know should be 156str, but with flame+3 is only 130 str, thats important not to forget. Temp does do more dmg than flame+3 in normal hits, and it will hit alot more often, even tho it also is 130 str.

My entire hb life (almost 7 years) i have used flames. I can promise u, flame+3 doesnt compare to dk+15. Temp is not meant to be mass dmg, its key advantages is its pvm abilities, its high hit %, and its crit range.

Flame+3 may share the crit range, and occationally the dice will give u a nice crit, but that is extremely rare, anyway you'd have to be pretty lucky to land 50% of the crits u throw against anyone who isnt naked.

DK+15 will deliver a reliable stream of hits, allowing for a much better chance of consecutive hits/combo's, and the dmg will be more constant also, rarely varied beyond 20 dmg up or down. Flame+3 could be anywhere from 6~35 without rings/necks. DK+15 however is more like 24~52 without ring/necks according to general dmg tables and variable str stat effects.

Ive never seen a flame hit critical on anyone, but I bet we've all seen atleast someone get critical with +15.

Sry for the long post but i almost dont believe this topic exists. You'd need a pretty amazing flame to ever come close to +15 dmg... and even if u ever got lucky enough to see that dmg once, i doubt u would see it again from the same flame for a long time. A better test would be to have both items hitting someone, one at a time, for 30 secs, and see which one cause the most dmg over the time.

Ok...after using a DK15 war for roughly a month now, I must say it's perfectly fine as is.

With a Dragon Ring+DM4, I can make mages eat quite a few pots after a while of fighting them (Ask Vampyr or possibly HighTimes for proof), but only if I keep myself zerked. The key to using the DK15 is not the crits...it's the normal swings. The crits range on it varies insanely in PVP, I can do usually do more average damage while zerked. I generally just save my crits for breaking someone's cast or attacking a paralyzed goldie.

DK15 is fine as it is, especially since it only needs 130 Str. As for WitchDoc's post, yeah, I've hit a CRITICAL! in PvM before. :P

Ok...after using a DK15 war for roughly a month now, I must say it's perfectly fine as is.

With a Dragon Ring+DM4, I can make mages eat quite a few pots after a while of fighting them (Ask Vampyr or possibly HighTimes for proof), but only if I keep myself zerked. The key to using the DK15 is not the crits...it's the normal swings. The crits range on it varies insanely in PVP, I can do usually do more average damage while zerked. I generally just save my crits for breaking someone's cast or attacking a paralyzed goldie.

DK15 is fine as it is, especially since it only needs 130 Str. As for WitchDoc's post, yeah, I've hit a CRITICAL! in PvM before. :P

Ask HighTimes???? I can prove to u that DK15 templar sux... even if u have xel ring + dm5.

I have 2 DK15 Templars... and im sure of what im saying.

Nah I completely agree with Jing. Me him and Eldon were playing around in ML one night and the hit prob on the sword is amazing. When Eldon had to go I mucked around with Jing alone for maybe 10 minutes or so. Jing has pretty good ping compared to me so every time I even attempted to cast I would get at least 100 damage taken off me.

People think that it should hit like BBH, it shouldn't, not on this server anyway. Sure HBUSA, make it hit like BBH, they have low exp and DK15 there is a huge deal. 128 majestics here is not. For a 130 strength weapon it is very powerful, just remember a 130 strength warrior is not made for massive damage, its made for survivability.

Ask HighTimes???? I can prove to u that DK15 templar sux... even if u have xel ring + dm5.

I have 2 DK15 Templars... and im sure of what im saying.

I dashed a 180 DK Mage (he was wearing full DK set) for a 60 tonight (zerked, of course), with just my Dragon Ring on, no damage neck.

...It sucks? You can get the same damage as I did tonight with just a DM+3 Neck and an Ogre Ring, both not too terribly hard to find.

People think that it should hit like BBH, it shouldn't, not on this server anyway. Sure HBUSA, make it hit like BBH, they have low exp and DK15 there is a huge deal. 128 majestics here is not. For a 130 strength weapon it is very powerful, just remember a 130 strength warrior is not made for massive damage, its made for survivability.

Vampyr has a very good point, here. DK15 doesn't need to hit as hard as it does on HB USA, because it really doesn't take NEARLY as long to get it here as on HB USA.

It is very good weapon, but only using hero set. Mages die and wars use tower shield or run for their lives...

I always play with low details for extra fps, but i can always tell if its dk15 hitting me even if i cant see the glow. The dmg difference between +8 and +15 is that noticable.