Sign in to follow this  
Zilcho

10 Second Recall

The whole issue with people recalling in combat is getting ridiculous. Its bad enough people constantly run away and don't have the honor to die in combat.

A nice improvement that would make pvp better is a timer that would prevent anyone from recalling if they have taken damage within the last 10 seconds. Do the same with scrolls and the like.

I agree that it should be 10 seconds before you can recall after taking damage.

However, if you are a low mag warrior and you simply run out of mp pots in middle of a big fight you don't have much choice.

You have to recall to get some mp.

Newsflash:

Helbreath is a wargame. Nothing to do with honour.

And instead of complaining you should practice teamwork. There is much higher chance to kill the target with a team.

EG. If i m on my mage and i see like 10 guys coming against me and i don't have ppl on in guild i'm not gonna take my time, I'll just recall.

if ppl cant recall they will pull more...atleast with recall they

try to and sometimes u can prevent them

PS i hate ppl who recalls, i think its noob actuation, and i

respect more a person who fight till he deads than the one

who recalls...

Anyway this thread has been discussing before and the answer was NO..

I'm all for teamwork, but I'm tired of people attacking me while I'm training alone and then running when they get their *censored* whooped...

I've played 1 server that had 10 sec recall and no safe zones, pvp actually went somewhere. All these stalemates are bogus.

Guys this is the oldest suggestion ever, and every time admins have said "NO" to it. Its not that it is a bad suggestion, but it seems admins ain't interested on it. Some examples:

http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19635

http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16950

http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19006

http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18323

Look you cannot force me or anyone in the game to NOT recall....

If I wanna recall when Im outnumbered 5 : 1 ...I will do it.

If I wanna recall for no apparent reason (yet to me there is a perfect reason) I will do it.

If I wanna recall and not wait ten seconds because I have somebody knocking at my door... I will and SHOULD be allowed to do it.

Recall is available because its a roleplay game and not everyone wanna be a hero and walk around gifting zems or eks.. or fighting. Some ppl wanna do their own thing.

BTW. All this talk about how ppl respect those who die instead of recalling is just 'phony talk'.

U watch what happens to u when u dont recall..and U die to a group of 4 noob elvs who happened to catch u with low pots or with lag or at a bad time.. watch how they laugh at you and then if they post ur ek..watch how the whole server laughs at u.. No one will say 'respect' to u...

U will just hear 'noob!!' and 'JAJAJAJAJA pt!'

these sort of things.. not 'O u died when u could have recall.....U rule, respect + 1, u died with honor!'

think about it..

If I wanna recall when Im outnumbered 5 : 1 ...I will do it.

If I wanna recall and not wait ten seconds because I have somebody knocking at my door... I will and SHOULD be allowed to do it.

thats true and I agree...

I mean that ppl who fights till he run out of pots and then recall...thats annoying..

Guest saken

Completely agree with speedie and btw speed i love u. Zariel I think the problem is you just are not that good. There is always ways to avoid dieng outnumbered. If someone is at your door go vis and logout. I used to play 100% never recall but I have kinda grown out of that cause about 95% of this server have no respect for the unwritten PvP laws.

P.S. speed who u ingame?

Completely agree with speedie and btw speed i love u. Zariel I think the problem is you just are not that good. There is always ways to avoid dieng outnumbered. If someone is at your door go vis and logout. I used to play 100% never recall but I have kinda grown out of that cause about 95% of this server have no respect for the unwritten PvP laws.

P.S. speed who u ingame?

95% is stretching it, probably pretty close to 99%.

P.S. speed who u ingame?

I know how to log out and vis, Im just putting myself in the situation of others, and also in the situations I've had come up, where a recall is the only thing u can do... and I will do it.

whether u saken like it or not, and regardless of your opinion.

Guest saken

Watch out guys rebel without a cause gonna recall whether i like it or not.

P.S. no1 argue with this guy, he has a tapout logo aka CONFIRMED BADASS.In between 8 hrs of HB a day he trains... ur a loser point made

It's a good suggestion but it is one made here before, many times.

It just isnt gonna happen. We got the guild tp abuse issue straightened out but this issue will remain.

I would prefer a PVP system

that once you accept a PVP you cannot recall, or log or pull or the items you wagered automatically go to your opponent.

' date='Aug 17 2008, 08:37 AM' post='229435']

It just isnt gonna happen. We got the guild tp abuse issue straightened out but this issue will remain.

that once you accept a PVP you cannot recall, or log or pull or the items you wagered automatically go to your opponent.

Eh that is not a bad idea it's just to World of Warcraft-ish.

' date='Aug 17 2008, 06:37 PM' post='229435']

not bad idea but wouldnt it be hard to code?

wut about if u make that the 10 sec recall would be affected only in certain maps? like IB / d3/d4 etc:? or just 1 map ? it would improve PvPin, it would be easier to code into game(i think) and yyet sum n00blets could train/hunt in other maps peacefully recall hotkey?d

' date='Aug 17 2008, 03:37 PM' post='229435']

Some of us really hate the idea of "PVP" Hunter, and see HB as an all out war game. PVP to me is like agreeing that someone will die, I like to earn it - even if they are scrambling for recall.

Eldon no one is forced into PVPing.

It's completely optional and up to the player to accept or decline the offer of a PVP

Im not a big fan of them, either. I just dont see the point.

' date='Aug 25 2008, 08:48 PM' post='230647']

Eldon no one is forced into PVPing.

It's completely optional and up to the player to accept or decline the offer of a PVP

Im not a big fan of them, either. I just dont see the point.

Many people I know quit this server long ago because of the way recall is. Me being one of them. It's pointless to fight for 20 minutes only for someone to recall.

Admins are dumb for refusing to change this.

Admins are dumb for not changing this?

Youre going to have people whine if you DONT do it, and youre going to have people whine if you DO. Its a no win situation.

What you are trying to do is FORCE people to fight you. This is a game where you can choose what you want to do. You cant take away someone choice. If you are chasing someone in ML for 10 minutes (in a non organised PVP situation) and they recall, dont be angry at the person who recalled, be angry at yourself for not being able to kill them in the 10 minutes you got.

If people are crying about people recalling in PVPs then i think Hunter is onto something, perhaps a seperate map, much like bleeding isle where PVPS can take place. Where items drop and eks are given. Certain spells could be disabled such as PFM and Recall. That way all you PVP lovers can have one big map you can go and get easy eks on.

Got tired of saken already. So i deleted his forum Account and ipblocked him from forum. Compare his forum IPs with games registrys and delete all chars related with sounds as a good idea in this case, but im lazy now, maybe later...

CLOSED