Sign in to follow this  
VR-six^

Medusa Sword

medusa sword its overpowering, because its use is abused, if you see a low lvl, activate!!, then give it to a guild member, and the same again, and over and over again.

Perhaps activations should have an ITEM cooldown instead of a PLAYER cool down ;)

This way activation items can only be used once every 20 minutes, no matter if you pass it on or not.

The item must cool down from being activated.

BEST IDEA EVER!

Ye but then you will have people activation IE first, then XR, and then Mplate and then Mshield within 10 mins, to kill and to escape

XD

that's why this suggestion is here, and that's why it's in staff room.

I heard the excellent idea in the staff room to implement the new idea alongside with the existing system of player-cooldown.

medusa sword its overpowering, because its use is abused, if you see a low lvl, activate!!, then give it to a guild member, and the same again, and over and over again.

Perhaps activations should have an ITEM cooldown instead of a PLAYER cool down ;)

This way activation items can only be used once every 20 minutes, no matter if you pass it on or not.

BEST IDEA EVER!

Ye but then you will have people activation IE first, then XR, and then Mplate and then Mshield within 10 mins, to kill and to escape

XD

I heard the excellent idea in the staff room to implement the new idea alongside with the existing system of player-cooldown.

Such as?? :blink:

BEST IDEA EVER!

XD

Such as?? :blink:

if you'd read he topic, you'd know...

But if you're lazy, here it's explained:

A combination of the existing system (fixed cooldown per character) and the new system (a fixed cooldown per item).

So when a player activates a weapon, he still needs to wait X minutes before he can activated another.

On top of that, the item itself requires a cooldown too, so passing it on for immidiate usage again would become impossible.

You'd have to wait the weapon's cooldown to be finished.

We'd implement different cooldowns for different activation items with dusa having the highest and res wand haing none at all, while IE gets a lower value then XR or dusa, and XR lower then dusa, merien items (shield & armor) prolly same cooldown, around XR time i guess.

The idea is still up for discussion and needs approval, also times are still up for discussion.

But gernally spoken i've explained the idea above and you can imagine how it'll affect PvP.

Less activations in a row ^_^

Would this have to include a new attribute for the item to code it?

Like for endu is prolly: item->endu

So for cooldown: item->cd

Just curious, maybe i wanna try doing it if i can.

Would this have to include a new attribute for the item to code it?

Like for endu is prolly: item->endu

So for cooldown: item->cd

Just curious, maybe i wanna try doing it if i can.

close, for configs there is 2 choices: (just my brainstorming - never checked if possible in code and if existing effects exist on the activation items and if values are still free to use)

1. Expand existing effect types

This requires no new space in item files, existing values are used, only needs code expansion - this is most likely to be used

2. Add a new config value "cooldown"

This requires new config space, this would involve larger item files, larger packet size for item content sending but creates the ability to combine existing effects with cooldowns. - this is less likely to be coded, as it takes longer and there is no reason atm to combine effects

In the game server we'll require to expand player's item packet with a time value for "last used" time, this must be added to the item class, aswell as to the item packet (sent for banking and player info), would also involve new database field aswell as expansion of database item class in the world server and enlarging of the packet of players and bank items inside the world server to be able to save the "last used" value.

tbone, the first part (choice 1 or 2) is easy to code, a regular coder can do it.

The second part, packet + DB is more complex and requires more skills, even I make mistakes in it though i know very well how to handle HB packets and the MSSQL DB info.

I still don't know why the DOMP thing isn't in here, white u said only mages should be able to cancel with magical attacks(Cancelation), but they should also be able to use XR and sh** on wars and mages? Throw the wars a bone every once in a while... It's not like only EVERY war is going to have this item sounds to me that it is fairly easy to escape from...

I reckon medusa being activated every 20 minutes is just as lame as merien shield being activated everytime someone gets para'd or boxed...

I suggested this a while back when i got iced 3 times in a row in aresden while raiding solo. I was flamed for a week i think and ppl kept talking about how hard it is to pass an item to another character... (ya... i know...)

item cooldown plz, player cd is just ridiculous.

check it out

http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29509

Edited by El Rafa