Sign in to follow this  
Synz

Dk Armors Remake

Make the DK armors the same defense and PA as their knight counterparts, except keeping the higher endurance. Or you can make them with slightly higher defense and PA in addition to the increased endurance.

Discuss.

I like them how they are right now

I just feel like I'm not dying as fast as I should for how bad I am, you know??

Like dat mshield wand adds too much PA too you know? It makes a warrior with decent vit a gud tank, straight competitive with those chars that are built to be tanks. It makes me a sad panda to see those 200 viters overshadowed by actually useful classes and things~

Rite?

I WANNA DIE FASTER!

' date='May 31 2010, 12:52 AM' post='321379']

if it were up to me, we would dump DK sets, bbhs blizz and mshield wands

Heck yeah :]

Would be pretty nice. Maybe make them rare drops. I just want to see how the server would play without them.

I'd also like to see the maximums for statted armors like HALVED. No more god sets. (this is coming from a person who has high sets too)

I can dream I guess.

' date='May 31 2010, 08:52 AM' post='321379']

if it were up to me, we would dump DK sets, bbhs blizz and mshield wands

That'd be awesome :) Maybe in Nemesis 3? :)

Also god-sets suck major *censored*. People need to die more often and faster.

I think lvl120 or max lvl140 cap would be the best solution. With low lvl cap you could even have BBH/DK/Blizz since taking BBH/Blizz would require sacrificing a lot of other stats.

Disagree. Mage have a low def already. It's a very disadvantage for mages with low vit especially. Hence every hit from a warrior will definitely goes right to the mage. And don't forget mages regen their hp slow. Warriors have mr/ma set to counter mage offensive spell, but not mage. I dont think mage will defense shield themself, or wearing a pa/dr leather or chain, which will easily get striped by bbh users. This is my 2 cents :)

Disagree. Mage have a low def already. It's a very disadvantage for mages with low vit especially. Hence every hit from a warrior will definitely goes right to the mage. And don't forget mages regen their hp slow. Warriors have mr/ma set to counter mage offensive spell, but not mage. I dont think mage will defense shield themself, or wearing a pa/dr leather or chain, which will easily get striped by bbh users. This is my 2 cents :)

Mages are glass cannons and always were up until the jokes of max level increase to 180 and the introduction of DK sets. 30,000 endurance, way more health and stat points in general.

It's stupid because the endgame is all pretty much the same...BBH users have plenty of HP to be not glass cannons, mages have plenty of HP and are much stronger.

Characters have too many stat points to throw around at level 180, plain and simple. You don't have to sacrifice stat points for anything anymore. You can have your BBH and blizzard and your hp and dex too. It's stupidity and garbage game development.

they did the 180 max because people were bored, to be honest with you I liked it max of 140 this way you had to play together with other players to hunt, train, raid and everything esle. DK Armour is over powered Blizz well I never had an issue with Blizz all of my warr chrs have plenty of vit that I end up using all of their mana before I am dead and thats when I strike......sometimes other times I just plain become stupid and use all of my crits before hand

please dont even cry about mages......

glass cannons...awesome *spam*ogy and i wish it were more accurate

the mages worse enemy should be the warrior...on this server, mages seek out warriors to ek

mage with dk and mshield wand is not afraid of a warr at all..and that goes against how they were

originally intended and made. But ur right...they worried people are bored and changed the game.

I strongly agree with this topic and this is my opinion. Like previously stated, drop def of dk to the knights and keep endurance, much more fun pvp, and lose the towers for mages. Make towers 75 str so they have tk sacrifice more vit or ect to use. Hb boring is exactly how I feel and a change must be made. More death is more fun in my opinion and I think fun is what any game should go for in the first place.

For the dk change I'm talking about war vs war. War vs war shouldn't take 30+ mins before someone recalls or calls for help.

For the dk change I'm talking about war vs war. War vs war shouldn't take 30+ mins before someone recalls or calls for help.

this is why my war with 182 str, 173 dex, 200 vit, 32 int works so well because of DK armour but im sure if the other warrs had reg armour it would prob still be the same as we both have the same chances.

when I was trying to lvl I always got attacked by warrs with DK armour and I had knight armour I still tried when I was 170ish even in the 160's but I still lost either way because my stats were fully fixed yet and my armour wasn't as strong as theirs so I couldnt do the same dmg as they were with the same weapon.

like I said max lvl 140 was the funnest time for me heck even when it was 110 or so I stayed at lvl 70 ish ( i forget my actual lvl ) in hb int for duegeon raiding and dualing around that area and I sure as heck miss my fencer from those times first lvl 70ish that could solo a ogre! lol

???

Helbreath is a MMORPG

massively multiplayer online role-playing game

Edited by Moha

???

Helbreath is a MMORPG

With the kind of numbers Nemesis has been seeing recently, it's hard to even claim the "massively" part anymore.

Something just needs to be done to keep current players wanting to play and to bring something fresh to the server so people will actually WANT to come to this server.

A lot of it has to do with attitude, advertisement, and improved gameplay. Lets face it, Nemesis used to be the forerunner of new HB versions, but these days...every other server has what Nemesis has.

I'd really like to see Nemesis shine again, because honestly, it IS getting a tad bit dull. Even with the cool events Hunter does.

???

Helbreath is a MMORPG

With the kind of numbers Nemesis has been seeing recently, it's hard to even claim the "massively" part anymore.

Something just needs to be done to keep current players wanting to play and to bring something fresh to the server so people will actually WANT to come to this server.

A lot of it has to do with attitude, advertisement, and improved gameplay. Lets face it, Nemesis used to be the forerunner of new HB versions, but these days...every other server has what Nemesis has.

I'd really like to see Nemesis shine again, because honestly, it IS getting a tad bit dull. Even with the cool events Hunter does.

Advertisement cost a lot of money, and nemesis is a free online game. Donation itself is not enough to make a descent advertisement to be aired in other websites or any other media that you have in your mind. HB used to championed the online game industry because there's no other online game back then. But right now there are massive online games out there with better graphics and etc, and of coz, those company is earning through point selling, sponsorships, and etc.

But back to the topic, if you really want to remake the dk set, then decrease not only the mage one, but also warrior as well in order to make it fair.

As for the m.shield case, unless GM wants to make changes on emerald ring, or else it won't be fair for mages not to hold an mshield to protect themselves from Physical attack . And please consider that, if you make a change on its requirement to hold mshield with str100, you are only making the warriors go stronger, and leaving mage has no other choice but giving ek. Population will decrease for sure because you will see no one using mage, hence making the game even more boring.

FOr defensive spell, Warriors have a good defense with their dex and higher vit compared to mage, they don't need great defense shield but pfm/amp will be more than enough for them to counter and kill mages. But other hand if you are asking mages to use great defense shield to counter warrior's attack, you are indirectly telling those mages to suicide.

And btw, don't forget that most of the time, we will try to kill mage first before warrior. Not because mage is strong, but it's because they are weak in the sense of VIT and DEF.

Mage is overpowered bcoz of the dkset and mshield? No I dont think so. It's fair enough in every way (Except mage doesnt have a master hat)

Advertisement doesn't cost anything if you're doing it correctly. Places where a lot of people go, like other forums, are free and can sometimes bring players to this server.

This suggestion was not just for mages and no where do I say it was for only mages.

When the server was younger and there weren't as many MA sets and MR sets, let me ask you, what classes did you see more of? Mages. They don't really take anything special to be any good, where as warriors require thing to even be viable versus a mage.

Mage is overpowered because they're given a high damage spell that freezes, the same hp (if not more) than warriors, enough stat points if they want to have 100% shield, and an mshield wand that they can put on at anytime they want that adds 30% PA to their DK chain.

Warrior vs warrior pvp with someone using an mshield wand is even MORE boring because one character can just stand there paralyzed with 100% shield, a tower shield, and an mshield wand against four players and have enough time to say "lol" while barely using many potions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TOO LONG DIDN'T READ: THIS SUGGESTION IS FOR BOTH MAGES AND WARRIORS, THE REST OF THE DISCUSSION IS FOR THE MOST PART; TOO LATE TO CHANGE.

Edited by Synz

Moha.. Wtf?? I'm quite aware this is a mmorpg.. It doesn't mean it has to have amazingly dull war vs war fights. Let's bring back war fights and make them fun. That is in no way taking away from the genre of this game lol.

Btw I don't mean fun for you moha.. I mean for people who don't have items comming out of their *censored* :P

Edited by Bobcat

Moha.. Wtf?? I'm quite aware this is a mmorpg.. It doesn't mean it has to have amazingly dull war vs war fights. Let's bring back war fights and make them fun. That is in no way taking away from the genre of this game lol.

Btw I don't mean fun for you moha.. I mean for people who don't have items comming out of their *censored* :P

well ,

if your totally uncable of fighting a warrior , you shouldnt blame the game..

The mshield wand is crappy crutch that weak players abuse and hide behind, way way too often.

When Mshield/Tower combo is HOT KEYED by so many players, it's gotten out of hand!

And i dont just say this....ask anyone who ever fought Justice...I dont even carry mshield wand when i raided.

I can see why mages pull one when para'd but now i see mages CASTING with it!!!!!!! its bad men...super bad.