Sign in to follow this  
Stang

Increase The # Of Players

I believe a complete wipe would be great for increasing players, it would also lose the ones who tried so hard getting dk15s and such. Although I wouldn't want one, it would be fun starting over and having everyone equal again. However of course, it would only result in this situation yet again :P

But this server, although trying not to be fruity, does need a drop rate increase. It's been up for years now and quite a few items are still yet to be found!

Anyways i don't know what to do for more players, might have to go hack some servers or something :rolleyes:

I believe a complete wipe would be great for increasing players, it would also lose the ones who tried so hard getting dk15s and such. Although I wouldn't want one, it would be fun starting over and having everyone equal again. However of course, it would only result in this situation yet again :P

But this server, although trying not to be fruity, does need a drop rate increase. It's been up for years now and quite a few items are still yet to be found!

Anyways i don't know what to do for more players, might have to go hack some servers or something :rolleyes:

Hacking other servers isnt a solution, it may help for a little while... but after all it just slowly kills the hb economy.

Those who worked hard for their dk15's and such wouldnt leave, some of them could be pissed off tho and few would maybe have a brake.

Ive made tons of chars, millions of majes, spent months hunting and Id be glad to see full wipe, altho I think its not gonna happen.

Even if wipe happened some changes would still be needed in order to keep the server interesting. Id honestly love to see a server without dk sets, but with dk wpons and wands.

Hacking other servers isnt a solution, it may help for a little while... but after all it just slowly kills the hb economy.

Those who worked hard for their dk15's and such wouldnt leave, some of them could be pissed off tho and few would maybe have a brake.

Ive made tons of chars, millions of majes, spent months hunting and Id be glad to see full wipe, altho I think its not gonna happen.

Even if wipe happened some changes would still be needed in order to keep the server interesting. Id honestly love to see a server without dk sets, but with dk wpons and wands.

Hacking other server is not ethical, karma, remember.

Keep the dk weapon and wand. Make Dk amour an event item. This way even newbie without great weapon can kill some one. And manu skill will be active, hence there'll be a market running around.

mabie some new pits in places where there is no pits.. like mabie add Hll hounds, Rudos and other low end mob pits around safe ereas.. problem i see if once a player gets to 110 thier isn't really a safe place for them to lvl and get drops.. and if i was new to the server i sure would love a chance to get a nice drop to help me get started well..

most of the time now all you got is ES wich sucks to lvl at for low lvl's, and promise land wich a new person that havn't learn how to pvp good just gets raped by a Vet player there just wanting a free ek on a noob.

and the low lvl really can't hunt in ML or anyother place like IB without getting mobed by a player with way better items... so it's realy involves around pits for the new players to train in and get a desent drop. i mean all they got or scarps , golems and shit, and they rarley drop anything good but mabie sheilds... and latley sheilds don't trade to good latley sence everyone already got a decent sheild..

like if they add orc pits, golem pits zombie pits in area's where players can lvl safley and not worrie about pvp till they ready.. i known of alot of new players that quit over the same reason. you can't pvp a 180 with nice items if you just a lvl 110.. and even a lvl 140 would rape you if it was a vet with xfered items....

the thing is that new players just don't have a chance unless they managed to get into a big guild... but alot of ppl that or new to the games don't know that many willing ppl to help them along... it's like primal said tomany ppl here with a bad attitude twards helping out a noob player..

so give the new guys something to look forward to like drop rate increase and more low end pits around safer erea's to lvl untill the weekends... cause time and time again i hear low lvl players asking where to go lvl up at safley.... cause alot of ppl here do just wana lvl and find that item that will help them pvp nicley later on....

and also latley i notice the lack of hunts and Zem's.. ppl need zems to pvp and use thier goo d items. but you can't gets zems to easy latley unless you managed to get into a dragon hunt or a wyvren hunt.. and thats hard for new players to do , cause they don't know many ppl yet... and some of the Vet's out there don't realy trust a new players. cause the fear of a spy. so new players get left out alot. and wich i see it tends to make the m loose intrest in the game... i seen alot of new faces come and go fast being i like to help out new ppl... i have made alot of friends with new players just to see them quit cause of theses reasons...

just my thoughts and Observations...

mabie some new pits in places where there is no pits.. like mabie add Hll hounds, Rudos and other low end mob pits around safe ereas.. problem i see if once a player gets to 110 thier isn't really a safe place for them to lvl and get drops.. and if i was new to the server i sure would love a chance to get a nice drop to help me get started well..

most of the time now all you got is ES wich sucks to lvl at for low lvl's, and promise land wich a new person that havn't learn how to pvp good just gets raped by a Vet player there just wanting a free ek on a noob.

and the low lvl really can't hunt in ML or anyother place like IB without getting mobed by a player with way better items... so it's realy involves around pits for the new players to train in and get a desent drop. i mean all they got or scarps , golems and shit, and they rarley drop anything good but mabie sheilds... and latley sheilds don't trade to good latley sence everyone already got a decent sheild..

like if they add orc pits, golem pits zombie pits in area's where players can lvl safley and not worrie about pvp till they ready.. i known of alot of new players that quit over the same reason. you can't pvp a 180 with nice items if you just a lvl 110.. and even a lvl 140 would rape you if it was a vet with xfered items....

the thing is that new players just don't have a chance unless they managed to get into a big guild... but alot of ppl that or new to the games don't know that many willing ppl to help them along... it's like primal said tomany ppl here with a bad attitude twards helping out a noob player..

so give the new guys something to look forward to like drop rate increase and more low end pits around safer erea's to lvl untill the weekends... cause time and time again i hear low lvl players asking where to go lvl up at safley.... cause alot of ppl here do just wana lvl and find that item that will help them pvp nicley later on....

and also latley i notice the lack of hunts and Zem's.. ppl need zems to pvp and use thier goo d items. but you can't gets zems to easy latley unless you managed to get into a dragon hunt or a wyvren hunt.. and thats hard for new players to do , cause they don't know many ppl yet... and some of the Vet's out there don't realy trust a new players. cause the fear of a spy. so new players get left out alot. and wich i see it tends to make the m loose intrest in the game... i seen alot of new faces come and go fast being i like to help out new ppl... i have made alot of friends with new players just to see them quit cause of theses reasons...

just my thoughts and Observations...

+1 i think a few decent pits in town would help, not only for new players to level during the week, but a nice place for people to raid on the weekends

pits such as ..... sg,cg,skelly,rudolf,hh. The pits in town now are designed for a x1 server. we need pits designed for nemesis

pits such as ..... sg,cg,skelly,rudolf,hh. The pits in town now are designed for a x1 server. we need pits designed for nemesis

?

tru

A skeleton pit or 2 in town would be fine.

The golems are highlight pvp+training areas already in 2 different maps (PL and D2).

Rudolph pit would be nice, but I'd rather it be in a non-town map.

Helhounds are too strong (lolz) for town unless it's a very limited number.

i didn't just mean around town sry.. i ment around EF , and other mapes like D1 where ppl can lvl safley on weekdays... and some more other low end pits in pvp ereas be good too...

SG, CG, Rudolph and Helhounds drops really nice to be in a safe map. SG and CG can drops rares, HH and Rudy drops armors.

Skeleton and Orcs pits are fine.

We could increase the Exp on Skeletons a little bit, they are harder to kill than scorps, they have a longer range attack and the exp is close to sc ones.

EF/RH spawn was increased, SG from D2 is a nice place to train clsse to a safe zone, PL has nice pits (but you can be killed), ND has 2 SG pits and 1 CG pit, a mage lvl 180 always is looking for a low lvl war to party at cyc or ig, etc. Those are the places where you can train after lvl 110 to lvl 140.

SG, CG, Rudolph and Helhounds drops really nice to be in a safe map. SG and CG can drops rares, HH and Rudy drops armors.

We could increase the Exp on Skeletons a little bit, they are harder to kill than scorps, they have a longer range attack and the exp is close to sc ones.

EF/RH spawn was increased, SG from D2 is a nice place to train clsse to a safe zone, PL has nice pits (but you can be killed), ND has 2 SG pits and 1 CG pit, a mage lvl 180 always is looking for a low lvl war to party at cyc or ig, etc. Those are the places where you can train after lvl 110 to lvl 140.

In my opinion, u should increase a little bit the exprate.

Increase exp of skellys, and put skelly pit in town. Be nice adition

Hmm, before saying "rise the exprate, rise the drop" u should think of ALL consequences.

Okay, for a new players more drops and exp would be great, but it will also strenghten the itemed players... and we fall again in the everlasting problem.

More exp will make DK15's appear faster, more majs, more angels, etc, etc...

More drop will result on more items for people that can train without any problem.. which are the strongest players..

So, the new player, the goldie, the new 180 will have the same problems as always!

I dont like the ideas about increasing exp or drop, but, MAYBE the increase on exp below lvl 180 would help.

Together with the addition of new pits at some zones...Skels sounds good, orc mages, frogs..

Anyway I think that in the present there are many places to train, but no one helps new people to find them, and many new players want everyhting easy..

For example, the new noob dungeon is great. There are like 2 of each stones golems pits, scorps pits, and they are EMPTY!

Just my opinion :)

Edited by Svafnir

wtf

skellys are 100% useless

i also agree hh are kinda big for town..

how about adding a hh or troll pit in ml

oppoiste side from ib

D2 spawns of clyps latley hase been dramaticly reduced. and is not such a good place to train now.. one persone there can kill all cycplops and then have to wait for respawn.. thats not a + i see... and there is alot of open dead space in D2 that isn't even being used.. but only for the 6 pits it got... and face it d2 is a huge map with alot of dead space.. even in d1 is dead now and i remember it not being so in old days... now all you got in d1 is a chance of a mass spawn... other then that it's just a miner pit. and kinda usless map.. the thing is some of the training pits been needing for a change. like some in ML and some others around.. like the Zombie pit, i havn't seen anyone train there sence beta. and the orcs pits too there or pretty much usless. cause a person in thier right mind wouldn't go out there to train at low lvl's. if they do they just give up a free ek.. i know this server is all about pvp. but if you don't give some new players a chance to get items or lvl up safley. then you tend to loose them to over powerfull other players with items and rares...

it's like would you go play paintball with just a mask and the others all got paintballs guns and you don't? i don't think so.. you just be sitting on the sides wishing to be apart of it.. and in many cases ppl tend to get disguisted witht he fact that they don't even stand a chance... and even if they tried to with the way things or they just probley die to a pvp and drop the one lil old item they just found.. and i seen that also happend alot to where finaly a persone gets a items to just get ek's and loose the one item they found. and then quit shortly after that.

the point is we all here as players and GM's gota find that medium here.. something that will keep the new players when they come and bring more new players to game... and even learn some manners twards new ppl to the game may help . i see tomany old VET's talk down to new players cause of thier questions and way they play.. problem here is tomany ppl think they pro...and true fact Pros have better attitudes twards other players..

and you refer to IB and D2 as such good places to lvl. and yet you failed to see that the thing is you want them to go to the pvp erea so they can get easy ek'ed... that doesn't help them out now does it? who that helps out? why send a new player to it's death? you wana make them mad and quit? think about it befor sending a new player into places they or not even ready for... yes i know this a pvp server but come on give them a chance to become somthing....

and you refered to PL as a good place to train too.. i guess you haven't seen the pvping going on there with ppl xfered items and waiting to raped the new players.. now you thinks thats fair to the new players? it's not... mabie make the items that they or trasfering have lvl req above lvl 140 cause it's pointless to train there it's just a pvp zone.... it might as well be a lvl 180 places insteed of a lvl 140 max places... i seen tomany ppl there with angels and ice shit.. now you gota ask how a lvl 140 with no items going to stand against that ....

Edited by CajunMojo

180's wouldnt train on skellys so it wouldnt be mass dk15s....

I meant to quote FedeD saying to increase xp rate....

Ya increase skellys some not a whole lot.. There like very close 2 same exp as scorps, yet there atack range is farther and dmg is more and they can stun you easy.

Replace a slime pit with a skelly

P.s GM's try some of these sujestions for a 1 week trial.. if there not a good idea get rid of them

Edited by Stang

CajunMojo, i said a Skel or Orc Pit could work at city. With a better exp (let say 1/4 more) since their exp is close to scorps.

I dont know what kind of pits you want there, a hh, sg, cg or rudy pit drops really good to be in a safe map and close to shop (those pits are near recall tps).

The keyword is pit, is not the same to have spawn of them at EF/RH than a PIT, and is not the same than having spawn of Ettins at ML than having a pit there.

The best pits (ww, ogre, de, cyc, sg, cg, frost, etc) are on fightzone maps and thats the way it should be when there is no 24/7 raid on a server, or a server die when you dont meet an enemy never.

If you want nice exp, small drops and be safe... You train on Garden for example.

If you want to get the best drops, you take a risk and go to fightzone maps.

---

At the moment, since those Skel and Orc pits didnt happens and MAY BE will not happens, i said those places where they can train (lvl 110~140) so they can keep training while we see if we do this or not.

SG pit from D2 is at 2 steps from a safe zone, is like the best pit for low lvls, you can die a few times... but not a lot when you can train at 2 steps from a safe zone or even kill SG inside the safe zone!! This is the best place for a low lvl to train and it is far from the enemy tp.

Cyc spawns seems to be a bugged from what i read, and that is just a circumstance, that doesnt make it useless for ever when it just an ACTUAL problem. (IF it is bugged)

There are 3 Cyc pits at D2. Cyc elv can be raided, Cyc ares is almost impossible... if you have been elv in any server or here you may know how much you have to run JUST to check if there is someone or not, point less.

CyC and IG, i havent said you need to go there alone. I said lvl 180 mages are always looking for party there with low lvl wars. Is the best exp a lvl 180 mage can get if the mage is good enought the goldie will be very well protected and if you really good i doubt someone will disturbe you.

RH/EF spawn was increased, i havent trainned there yet but it should be a nice place to train when you are like lvl 110. A safe map.

PL/ND, yes, i know they can be killed there and i said that too. But i mentioned that there are 3 pits from SG and 2 pits from CG (beside the others pits), you can train there or not but it still an option... And at least you will have to face players from your same level and not 180s, im not saying you are going to kill them but you have better chance to survive if you dont want to fight. (is not the same to be blizzed by a ms20 with 150 MAG, than a dk15 with 200 Mag. Or criticed by a Flam with 150 DEX than with a ABH with 200 dex)

We all made a lot of lvl 180 chars and when there were 200 on with a higher probability of being stalked or jumped when you were training your itemless low lvl char. Is not like is impossible to be 180 here.

If you go to fightzone maps you can face stronger or weaker players than you, if he is stronger you will run or stand and probably die. Even when you are lvl 180 it happens. What is wrong with that? there will be always stronger players than you and is not like you are forced to fight with them, if you meet some of them... bad luck but that was the risk you took when you went to a fightzone wanting the best (items/exp/easier trainning)

But you always has a choice and play the game as you wish. Fight or not, train on dangerous maps or not.

When you start at a server it is frustrating to see players with higher lvl and better items than you. probably you dont have a chance... but is just a circumstance nothing that cant be changed later. When it happened to me on any server where i was even trash talked because i was an itemless goldie who didnt stand to fight to max lvls with nice items i was just head down, kept training hidden, became max lvl, trained my skills (F8), get some low armors and then owned those same guys.

It depend of what you want.

Take the risk of being killed, train on ML, IB, TOH, D2, PL/ND, get great exp, a higher probability of finding items and be max lvl on 5 days.

Be more careful, train at Garden, EF/RH, SG from D2, sc, get decent exp, a lower probability of finding items and be max lvl in 7 days.

A great example is Kenpito, he made a mage lvl 180, DK+15 staff, Angel+10 and got items only trainning at Garden!!

Perhaps if he would have trained at another place he could get more items or not and make a mage lvl 180 dk+15 angel+10 faster... But was his choice and he trained peaceful.

it's not for me to train ..lol i train anywhere . and i am not new.. but i have to say this cause this what i seen happen time and time again..... and your post still aplies to the pvp zones.. some new ppl don't know the game all that well yet to be out there in the pvp zones. my god mane elvin already gets enough easy eks. lets stop tring to make all of elvin full hero's..... so tired of this ppl always wanting the new players to get raped and leave... and i am done....

How are for example sc, ef/rh, garden, sg from d2 pvp areas?

Why it makes just more elvine fh when this affect both city equally?

Do you actually read what i write?