Sign in to follow this  
farjat

Just For Reference.

A group of people was involved on item sellings and scams.

i repeat. DO NOT BUY ITEMS FOR REAL MONEY.

IMPORTANT: Helbreath Nemesis does NOT support any kind of trade using external trade goods, including money or items from other games and/or Helbreath servers. We know we cannot prevent you from conducting any of such trades, but we want you to understand we also CANNOT RECOVER any losses endured during a trade with external trade goods. EVEN IF YOU HAVE PROOF IN THE FORM OF RECEIPTS OR PASSPORTS: these trades are at your own risk. We STRONGLY DISCOURAGE you to commit any of such trades!

It will keep happenin..

i banned 5 accounts today. Ill ban like 10 more then mass ppl will start learn.

its just a little blood needed.

will the nicks of the scammers be revealed?

no since we are not 100% sure which side is scamming the other side.

The way I like to see it is this.

If person is stupid enough to get fooled, then they deserve to lose money.

But if person is "proven" to be scamming (I'm talking 90-100%). Then they deserve ban.

I think you are doing good job farjat, keep it up!

why dont we make item selling ilegal then?

something like, u can advice that u are selling items ingame/forum, so it will be way harder to contact ppl to buy/sell items

something like, u can advice that u are selling items ingame/forum, so it will be way harder to contact ppl to buy/sell items

Making selling items for real money illegal isn't going to stop people from selling items for real money. It will only make people sell their items "underground" if you will. Those people will diverge to different means to trade their stuff. Of course this might be better, as it will possibly relieve the GMs from some of the work involved in solving real item trades that went bad. But it will never fix the problem at hand completely.

To ban item selling for real money effectively, we need a way to detect it basically. Right now, we cannot reliably detect if you sold your item for real money. You might as well have given it away for free! We can't tell the difference! This makes things really hard for us. So we have look into non-HB related things.

If you have an answer to that problem, let me know!

Making selling items for real money illegal isn't going to stop people from selling items for real money. It will only make people sell their items "underground" if you will. Those people will diverge to different means to trade their stuff. Of course this might be better, as it will possibly relieve the GMs from some of the work involved in solving real item trades that went bad. But it will never fix the problem at hand completely.

To ban item selling for real money effectively, we need a way to detect it basically. Right now, we cannot reliably detect if you sold your item for real money. You might as well have given it away for free! We can't tell the difference! This makes things really hard for us. So we have look into non-HB related things.

Dont do that, i wanna be able 2 sell my items when i quit =p.

Just dont advise it, but dont ban for doing it. IMO

Thinking i banned them for item selling its too easy. And its much more difficult than that.

Thinking i banned them for item selling its too easy. And its much more difficult than that.

whatcha mean farjat

It will keep happenin..

agree.

ps, el dinero no es todo, pero como ayuda.

honestly i think that farjat is doing the right thing.

ban both sides.

ban the scammers for coming up with the idea, ban the victims for accepting the idea in the first place.

One idea. Make selling items Ilegal in Nemesis meaning (ban any person who post a sell for real money in market and/or any forum topic). I think not many ppl will try to buy items/chars for real money if you cannot post it on marketplace, so they wont have any proofs if they get scammed.

Ek laming System still working?

honestly i think that farjat is doing the right thing.

ban both sides.

ban the scammers for coming up with the idea, ban the victims for accepting the idea in the first place.

both sides somehow are scammers actually

It will keep happenin..

You'd be a freaking awesome military leader farjat.

ofc it wont stop it jaapy, my point is to make it harder, if u cant sell ur items via forum or ingame, ull need to contact ppl by msn, irl, other way which is way harder. imo it will make it very difficult and maybe that would reduce the amount of sales :P

ofc it wont stop it jaapy, my point is to make it harder, if u cant sell ur items via forum or ingame, ull need to contact ppl by msn, irl, other way which is way harder. imo it will make it very difficult and maybe that would reduce the amount of sales :P

The point is... We got control only inside our HB Nemesis world.

And we cant prevent it anyway.

We try to deal the ones we can and we see clear. We dont guarrantee them. And we always will prefer to ban both sides on cases like this.

Just had a thought, don't know if its something you would like to consider. Seeing as there are a lot of people selling items and accounts why not support it - for a fee.

GM's will assist with the transfer of items/holding of account for a percentage of the sale price. It would save you a lot of headaches in dealing with scammers plus it might help you guys with the donations.

Scenario:

Player X wants to sell Player Y StormBringer.

Player X gives StormBringer to GM, and GM then instructs Player Y to start transfer. Player Y can show receipt/Player X confirms payment and GM hands over the StormBringer. You could have the buyer or the seller donate say 20% of the sale price to the server.

If the seller/buyer does not want to go through the GM's, well you know you've probably got a scammer and you can buy from them at your own risk.

Downside is i suspect it will be a bit of extra work.