Sign in to follow this  
farjat

Just For Reference.

Just had a thought, don't know if its something you would like to consider. Seeing as there are a lot of people selling items and accounts why not support it - for a fee.

GM's will assist with the transfer of items/holding of account for a percentage of the sale price. It would save you a lot of headaches in dealing with scammers plus it might help you guys with the donations.

Scenario:

Player X wants to sell Player Y StormBringer.

Player X gives StormBringer to GM, and GM then instructs Player Y to start transfer. Player Y can show receipt/Player X confirms payment and GM hands over the StormBringer. You could have the buyer or the seller donate say 20% of the sale price to the server.

If the seller/buyer does not want to go through the GM's, well you know you've probably got a scammer and you can buy from them at your own risk.

Downside is i suspect it will be a bit of extra work.

lol that seems more like more problems than a solution.

And more considering the GMs doesnt have a fixed time to be there.

allow gm help in trades

make them charge 10% of the trade as a donation

Agree+1

I know Gms will help for that but the players don't know use this kind of trade=)

Ha i didnt realise maynard suggested the same thing. Ill read the whole thread next time ^_^

Take note that in the "Raise $500 event" scatterp already had offered this exact process. GM's would retain 10% of the final price to guarantee a safe transfer.

Edit:

It seems as if lately there is mostly 'real life money' offerings on the Marketplace forum. I think it will be beneficial for the server to create a sub-forum for real life money listings, and to have the main Marketplace forum as an 'ingame trading only' section.

... or create a means of transferring items AND money through the ONLINE WAREHOUSE service. Nemesis could use an online credits system where people could put $10 in, and they would receive $9 in 'online warehouse' credits. Players could use these currencies to purchase items from other players, and at any point in time these players could 'cash out' the funds that they've received. This process would net HBNemesis 10% of all of the total SAFE transactions that go through. This funding could obviously be seen as a donation to the server as well. =)

Its a good idea yes, but its so much stuffing around for what shouldnt be a GM problem.

I think that ppl should be allowed to buy/sell items for real money. Example me, I could sell item for real money, but I NEVER EVER buy any virtual items/servives by real money, its somekind of promise that I made for myself, I rather play on cracked/non-official server than pay for playing. Luckily this promise has dissalowed me to play WoW :D

I can see also the side that buying hb items r more like playing roulette which makes u GMs annoyed by this, and when u think it a bit more, and gladly u all seem to have good heart. U want to return items to ppl who were scammed. But when this happens almost everyday and u have to trace all items if U wanna return them to their owner.

My suggestion?

-Just dont do anything about it, tho that could go out of hands.

Discuss plz. IMO these kind of trades should be allowed.