Sign in to follow this  
MilkCow

Ek Announcer

Do u want EK announcer?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do u think?

• Yes
    • No

I think this thing makes nemesis more fun! People whos doesnt know what is EK announcer... It shows message who kills who. ^^ I dont know can i make poll.. but i made it. ;D Its easy way to see if ppl lame eks too ^^

its fun and can make ppl to see when some1 is laming

but on the other hand it also might start shittalking...so i rather leave it like it is now :P

Is there a chance it might lags the server?

no

its fun and can make ppl to see when some1 is laming

but on the other hand it also might start shittalking...so i rather leave it like it is now :P

a button to turn it off or on on f12 menu should be nice

no

How do you know? :huh:

I am not sure, if it is sending info to the server it might give a small extra lag.

If it doesnt bring more flame in game, im fine.

no

How do you know? :huh:

I am not sure, if it is sending info to the server it might give a small extra lag.

If it doesnt bring more flame in game, im fine.

it is just an announcement made by the server

its pretty easy .

i have seen it in servers that were nothing compared to nemesis and didnt lag at all :S

The EK Announcer is wrong, just wrong.

I will mention some points why I think its wrong and it kills the gameplay.

For starters, what If Im ambush EKing in Elv, with a mate.. be it a war or mage. (this also goes for luring) So i lure/trap/ambush an elv..and my mate comes outta no where (invis) ..and we kill him just like that. I didnt get the EK... thou. (This is where the stupidity of this comes in)

My friend got the EK luckily and because we smart, as soon as get EK, he invis and the elv who he caught by surprised didnt even have time to read my friends name... This happens, alot, people die and dont have time to see all the names or the aggressors for whatever reason.

The EK Announcer will now give him and everyone else a chance to KNOW who it was, where they ARE, and without any /pf commands or nothing... they will be given information which is crucial ...

(Without the EK announcer, the elv might of saw just my name, and my friend is safe and under cover still... this is how it should be, no ways about it)

Solo Raiding will become risky. Say Im raiding solo, like I do alot... I move throu elv city, /pf any known EK's Ive seen around... look for ares fighting any 180's.. incase an ambush can be set, summon wh ent and i stand alone for a few minutes...waiting..and hoping all of Argenlandia or Koreans dont find me.. I /pf again some1, and they aint on the map.....

so i start the stalk, I move off RH, he is online..not on map.. so i go to DeathValley..and i summon and he is here. I wait and para and he down.. ok whatever. This is when the problem starts, Im solo raiding, I dont need to be exposed and the whole SERVER doesnt need to know I just killed 'XXXX' person...

because in my case, you will have Argenlandia or Koreans ask him straight away, where was he, and they will all come and wait me at RH ent or something...set trap - This is wrong.

Its not wrong if the kid who died, out of his own interest puts on global 'war ares in DV'.. cos he didnt even see my name.. 'HELP' 'HELP ARES DV'

but if he just died to me..the whole server knows, then all or someone who hates me (in elvine) has to do with their guild is whisper him..and bingo... That is why EK announcer is wrong and unjust.

Another reason This is wrong also because it will start flaming, like it if you kill a few low lvls in elv orge and then run into town and catch a noob in snakes... run towards wh and some1 exits the City hall just brand new combatant, make mince meat of him and cont..then summon wh and u get another ek... ppl will start blabbing on and saying you kill only this people, or you lame, or you haven't kill anyone in one hour.. you suck.. etc etc..

In short it releases too much crucial information. Name, fact that they are online, and map (by people whispering the person who died).

Whats next? A tp to an arena where you cannot recalll ,..just fight to the death and have EK announcer in that map only pls..

====== A Suggestion

I think Church should have double way chat..as in can chat with elvines..just church.. not alll map.

nah i think it would be annoying. imagine crusade. perhaps on and off is cool.

on and off is the win imo ;P

The EK Announcer is fruity and will cause problems, and destroy peoples game play..

bad idea + 1.

The EK Announcer is fruity and will cause problems, and destroy peoples game play..

bad idea + 1.

edited :S

Positives and negatives are this:

It does encourage a flame when someone you don't like dies. However, it encourages group pvp in the sense that when someone dies you know where a fight is. Both sides know where a fight is and can go there.

Overall, I think it's a little bit fruity. I love it, but I think it's kind of a fruity thing that is associated with "bad" private servers.

I can't figure out whether I want it or not.

i say no.

This is somethig all the fruit servers have, and all it would do is increase the amount of flaming on the server.

The only up side is that it would help catch ek lamers, but we have ways of catching them anyway so i see no need.

guys..you all complain NOW about players NOT fighting and recalling, etc....Well, add an EK announcer and MORE are going to run rather than risk getting their names posted for flaming.

The EK Announcer is wrong, just wrong.

I will mention some points why I think its wrong and it kills the gameplay.

For starters, what If Im ambush EKing in Elv, with a mate.. be it a war or mage. (this also goes for luring) So i lure/trap/ambush an elv..and my mate comes outta no where (invis) ..and we kill him just like that. I didnt get the EK... thou. (This is where the stupidity of this comes in)

My friend got the EK luckily and because we smart, as soon as get EK, he invis and the elv who he caught by surprised didnt even have time to read my friends name... This happens, alot, people die and dont have time to see all the names or the aggressors for whatever reason.

The EK Announcer will now give him and everyone else a chance to KNOW who it was, where they ARE, and without any /pf commands or nothing... they will be given information which is crucial ...

(Without the EK announcer, the elv might of saw just my name, and my friend is safe and under cover still... this is how it should be, no ways about it)

Solo Raiding will become risky. Say Im raiding solo, like I do alot... I move throu elv city, /pf any known EK's Ive seen around... look for ares fighting any 180's.. incase an ambush can be set, summon wh ent and i stand alone for a few minutes...waiting..and hoping all of Argenlandia or Koreans dont find me.. I /pf again some1, and they aint on the map.....

so i start the stalk, I move off RH, he is online..not on map.. so i go to DeathValley..and i summon and he is here. I wait and para and he down.. ok whatever. This is when the problem starts, Im solo raiding, I dont need to be exposed and the whole SERVER doesnt need to know I just killed 'XXXX' person...

because in my case, you will have Argenlandia or Koreans ask him straight away, where was he, and they will all come and wait me at RH ent or something...set trap - This is wrong.

Its not wrong if the kid who died, out of his own interest puts on global 'war ares in DV'.. cos he didnt even see my name.. 'HELP' 'HELP ARES DV'

but if he just died to me..the whole server knows, then all or someone who hates me (in elvine) has to do with their guild is whisper him..and bingo... That is why EK announcer is wrong and unjust.

Another reason This is wrong also because it will start flaming, like it if you kill a few low lvls in elv orge and then run into town and catch a noob in snakes... run towards wh and some1 exits the City hall just brand new combatant, make mince meat of him and cont..then summon wh and u get another ek... ppl will start blabbing on and saying you kill only this people, or you lame, or you haven't kill anyone in one hour.. you suck.. etc etc..

In short it releases too much crucial information. Name, fact that they are online, and map (by people whispering the person who died).

Whats next? A tp to an arena where you cannot recalll ,..just fight to the death and have EK announcer in that map only pls..

====== A Suggestion

I think Church should have double way chat..as in can chat with elvines..just church.. not alll map.

100% agreed. Don't see what you want with a church chat though :S

The main reason why it was introduced to many other private servers was to have an easy way to catch lamers. Players could clearly see whos lamming, we dont need this as we (I believe) have a program that can catch lamers, as well as a top ek list which constantly catches players out. I believe that on this server it would only act as flame bait.

====== A Suggestion

100% agreed. Don't see what you want with a church chat though :S

I enjoy elvine global talk. Perhaps only RED CHAT shuld be VISIBLE from CHURCH in both towns. Not blue because that would ruin hunts, and what not....

I find it fun to see whats happeniing on elvine global sometimes and its a good way to make trades from your main char without having to log in a spy/trader char..