Sign in to follow this  
farjat

Helbreath Nemesis Economy Ministry.

The gold x1 is painfull for the players and even more to the new players or pl raiders.

It is ok if you want to lowered the gold, but x1 is too much.

Players are here for the PvP (PlaverS vs playerS action) with out worry about minning, farming , fishing , etc that is why they like the Exp X25. They want to be at a decent lvl and have fun fighting.

If i were an active player i know how to "survive" and have a decent amount of gold, but still many players dont and they just quit.

This gold x1 brings more problems and work than what is helping at.

Having low gold drop only helps to have clean maps (selling items on the ground) and to see trades for gold...

The gold x1 is painfull for the players and even more to the new players or pl raiders.

It is ok if you want to lowered the gold, but x1 is too much.

Players are here for the PvP (PlaverS vs playerS action) with out worry about minning, farming , fishing , etc that is why they like the Exp X25. They want to be at a decent lvl and have fun fighting.

This gold x1 brings more problems and work than what is helping at.

And how does a stable economy cause a person to level up slower or be unable to PVP? You are making no sense.

The economy has nothing to do with a persons ability to level up when the rate of xp is x25 and gold is x1.

You are not that dependent on consumables for those things. Pots are dirt cheap. Now if pots were x25 and gold was x1 you would have a case.

Having low gold drop only helps to have clean maps (selling items on the ground) and to see trades for gold...

Which is what an economy is.

I mean, players like to train-> repot+repair-> train->etc

Not to start minning, cleanning the pits and selling everything, etc

You are still able to train with gold x1, it just make it harder and slower.

Lets say a lvl 115 Mage who needs to buy BLizzard (43k gold) and others expensive magics spells while scorps drop 8~15 gold... there is where the Expx30 match the gold rate. You can lvl fast with great exp while the gold will not be enought for your constants repot, repairs and magics spells.

About the PVP, some players like to hit the lvl 180 fast and then just hunt big monster and fight/raid/have fun. They will just have a good amount of gold at their bag to repair/repot for a week at least... While at gold x1 they will need to train/minning/etc to get sure they will have enought gold at their bag/wh to raid for taht week because many players repot many times in a day while they fight at ML or raid (each repot, lets say 35 pots *65 = 2275gold per repot)

Or those who are just PL raiders, they have their main chars at PL, they will not train with those chars, they just want FUN at PL... the amount of repot & repair per day is a lot of gold for them, how do they get that gold? minning, fishing, training with others chars, etc... and that is why i sayed :"Players are here for the PvP (PlaverS vs playerS action) with out worry about minning, farming , fishing , etc that is why they like the Exp X25. They want to be at a decent lvl and have fun fighting"

There are a LOT of mmorpg, with 10000 times better graphics than HB, with a lot of diferent things (and better than hb)... So why do they still play HB? Because they are not here because the of the Quests, the constant and nonstopable train like many mmorpg have, etc they are still playing HB because they/we love the PVP action that HB have, it is unique.

As some sayed here, Nemesis economy have been Items X Items, not Gold X Items and it wasnt a big issue (I agree seeing ppls cleaning the pits will help a lot to decrease Lag)

Just like most of the players here couldnt play Neme II exp x1 (almost dead was the server), most of them are not ready for Gold x1 too.

I agree the amount of gold was insane and it should be lowered, but gold x1 it is too much.

Imo elguason has right, there is no point to decrease drop gold to x1, pvp server needs easy money.

if there is too much gold just make some event. its not difficult create any story about poor peasants who need money and for who will offer the bigest amount of gold they will give a magick stone (m/z/x stone)which they found in the forest (kind of Scofield story). or something like that (in place of this kind of event: i've hidden m stone in the city, who 1st find it, get it...)

Helbreath is not only fight between 2 cities, its still world of fantasy, kings, queens, knights, mages, dwarfs, thieves, whores, mistery, miracles and everything that u can immagine

lets make more stories events not only based on fights, and pvps

lets make more scavenger events (to clear maps if it is needed) kind of:who will bring 100 ww leathers 100 cc leathers + 2kk gold will get z stone or something like that.

lets add (if possible) z/x/m stones to lottery, im sure ppl will start spending their money to get a stone.

think about it :)

A conclusion:

5x money, x&mstones and zems to lottery and some kind of new money spending system (a thing which would suck money from server).

It should be easy to repair and buy pots, but the money should have also some worth like to be able to get something with it.

A conclusion:

5x money, x&mstones and zems to lottery and some kind of new money spending system (a thing which would suck money from server).

It should be easy to repair and buy pots, but the money should have also some worth like to be able to get something with it.

i agree on both things

Lotery and gold x5

gold 1x and whipe all money

many ppl didnt even pick up money coz it was so useless

no ppl might get start mining or alchemy and that is good

on helbreath.org there was fine economy with money, you could buy almost all items with money

well rom etc was 1 million but still you were able to buy coz money was rare.

but that only works if u wipe whole money on server and give everyone 50k start money so every1 starts equal and then there wont be any inflation or sth like that.

1x exp is fine because in fights u just cant go back shop every 1 min and repot 40 pots with in total 3k cost coz it will drain ur money very fast.

so my solution is:

money 1x

and some starting money for each player

the idea with no cost for spells hm dunno but ppl still can sell rep etc.

ms 0 cad wand gives ya like 5k gold

so pits wont be so fullfilled with shiTTy dorpped items and server will lag less

so i would appreciate that kinda solution

regards

gold 1x and whipe all money

many ppl didnt even pick up money coz it was so useless

no ppl might get start mining or alchemy and that is good

on helbreath.org there was fine economy with money, you could buy almost all items with money

well rom etc was 1 million but still you were able to buy coz money was rare.

but that only works if u wipe whole money on server and give everyone 50k start money so every1 starts equal and then there wont be any inflation or sth like that.

1x exp is fine because in fights u just cant go back shop every 1 min and repot 40 pots with in total 3k cost coz it will drain ur money very fast.

so my solution is:

money 1x

and some starting money for each player

the idea with no cost for spells hm dunno but ppl still can sell rep etc.

ms 0 cad wand gives ya like 5k gold

so pits wont be so fullfilled with shiTTy dorpped items and server will lag less

so i would appreciate that kinda solution

regards

u got my support, no more shit on pits !!! :D

i wanna see a clear line

this is a high exp server, so give high money.

if u wanna lower the money, then lower the exp, everything else would be inconsequent....

maybe im the only one, but if this server stays like it is right now, ill quit playin here.

Yes the only thing thats gooing to come from this is new players will find a difrent server, exspecially new people who play mages

Maybe we could try a different approach, but in the end, gold is never gona be worth much on a high exp server. This will only make people start either fishing, minging, etc, and in the end they will all have lots and lots of gold...and we ll be back at the begining.

Besides, rich players are going to give money to starter players that join their guild, so the only solution u need to counter poverty is to join a guild.

That is not necessarily true. The value of gold is controlled by the amount currently circulating in the economy versus the rate of gold leaving the economy. More gold coming in less gold going out creates a surplus of gold and thus the value of gold comparatively to items is nil.

The only solution for an economy that has busted is in this list. By solution I mean "solution" something that solves the problem completely. Anything else done to the economy just adds more economic problems.

1) Reduce the amount of gold coming into existence. - Check done

2) Make shop prices appropriately comparable to what is coming in. - Was put in check since gold rate is same as shop rate.

3) Drastically reduce the amount of money currently in existence.

4) Insure the amount of money exiting the economy is appropriate to the amount of money entering the economy.

When those four things are done the economy will have a period of stabling out. This means that as players discover they need gold to do things they will start fishing, mining etc. That intake of gold will go to luxury shops. By luxury shops you have buying stuff for Helds. Anything you don't need but would like to use and have is a luxury. You don't need fancy equipment but they sure are nice to have.

So what you do right now is trade your extra fancy equipment for what you want to have, with another player who needs yours but not his. If the need for gold for luxury shops rises you will have an increased demand for gold. As players want to use these luxury shops they will start trading their stated equipment, they can't use, for gold. That is how a breathing economy should work. Items for gold which gives shop purchasing power or different item purchasing power.

The money exiting the economy can be achieved through events that encourage people to spend gold, i.e. Helds. Raising the prices of potions does this too but it does hurt new players a little bit. Making the system require you to have a miner or a fisher to use luxury shops is good. It is a luxury and a miner/fisher is for luxury which that gold exits the economy if there is a low supply of gold for luxuries. If you need a miner/fisher for everyday game play, i.e. equipment repairs and pots then there is a slight problem with the prices of those necessities. Blacksmith and Shop merchants sell necessary goods, players and any kind of other shop sells luxury goods. Very important to keep that in your head. Don't see items that are a boon but not a need as a necessity. You need food, clothes, shelter. You don't need an Aston Martin.

I agree on this, but ur not taking into consideration that the new players expect a relative easy training, meaning not only they will want to quickly gain levels but they will also want to buy gear according to their current level. Now by making this, players that were looking for a high exp server (wich usually includes high gold) will loose interest and leave.

Hb is not like real life, because people don't want to train hard for gold (nor exp, thats why its exp x25), so they will just look for a new server. Ur making a good argument if the server was to be played by all 180s or the current community, without expecting new players.

:wacko:

If you thought there were a lot of people shouting "GOLD PLS", imagine how many there will be now lol.

If you thought there were a lot of people shouting "GOLD PLS", imagine how many there will be now lol.

LOL

yeah ive already had a bunch of new players running around asking me for gold...

raise the gold up to x5 this is a joke to have x25 exp and x1 money

LOL

yeah ive already had a bunch of new players running around asking me for gold...

raise the gold up to x5 this is a joke to have x25 exp and x1 money

i agree on gold x5

expx1 gold =more minning chars and manu

expx1 gold is better in all the ways couse you can trade gold for items

is not fair for the news?was it fair for the pll how train to 140 in low exp server and now is x25?

thats all

mira farjat si bajas el gold drop empiezo a cobrar peaje :P

y no me retengas las pots porque te corto la entrada al shop(?) xD

read forum rules for sakes.

if u decreased gold drop to 1x u should also delete all money from server, and give to everyone 1k for 1lvl, for example 100lvl-100k and 180lvl-180k gold to bag

We broked this game balance when we multiplyed exp x25.

Cause monsters amount of gold drop is straight proportional to exp. So Gold drop was increased x25 also...

So. My plan is to take this game back to original economy..

1st measure was putting gold drop to normal without touching ppls bank.

But we still need to make it easy to start for noobs without leaving a way of easy fast do a noob to get gold to normal players...

Why?

Gold affects the game in LOTS of ways.. :

Floors full of gold pills = lags..

1 of the heldenian prices sucks if high gold..

no miners, fishers, manuers etc...

From where i see it. I need something to help noobs only. Then i can addd something like xelima and merien stones in lottery so IF PPL WANT can use gold for that...

lets go slow on this...

We want people to manu. Right now, behind the scenes, there are discussions going on between myself and Scatterp on how to make manufacturing and alchemy extremely viable if you want the top end items and to make magic items. Mind you this is still in the beginning stages of discussion and nothing that will be rolled out any time soon. But, this is something both he and I are on the same page on.