Sign in to follow this  
Vintage

Make The Dk Rapier Useful

I just think that we should make the dk rapiers worth upgrading by maybe change the apperance, damage. nothing crazy but maybe enough to at least do 20+ dmg and criting dg = to a ss. it just doesnt make any sense a short sword can crit 55+ dmg and a rapier crits 12...

well short sword has no range at all, litteraly, hence the good dmg. I use an anc rep7 gradius and I get more eks with staff then with that (melee speaking).

Fencing has the longest range in game, 4 tiles. If rapiers were to deal good dmg they would be overpowered. I think its ment to be a interupt cast / prevent recall weapon, not a dmg dealer. I would love to see a dk15 great sword addition tho. Would make room for new charbuilds, both for vit warrs and platemages.

/Zoul

i guess thats kindda what i mean. use the rapier as a replacement to ur greatsword. so that dk rapie4rs +15 would actually be useful. therefore it creates a whole new class of char building. like dk15 rapier str requirement 112 and2 tile range gs dmg and a cool pak would be rad.

well short sword has no range at all, litteraly, hence the good dmg. I use an anc rep7 gradius and I get more eks with staff then with that (melee speaking).

Fencing has the longest range in game, 4 tiles. If rapiers were to deal good dmg they would be overpowered. I think its ment to be a interupt cast / prevent recall weapon, not a dmg dealer. I would love to see a dk15 great sword addition tho. Would make room for new charbuilds, both for vit warrs and platemages.

/Zoul

There are dk great swords, and they can be made +15

there is

and hi, ur a mage, u got blizzard, why the *censored* do u want a rapier, URGH

and rapiers are like 39 str, and gs are 104, kinda stupid if u make them same damage

there is

and hi, ur a mage, u got blizzard, why the *censored* do u want a rapier, URGH

and rapiers are like 39 str, and gs are 104, kinda stupid if u make them same damage

lawl did u even read any of the posts here? im suggesting to make the dk rapier useful and then somre1 else tossed out an idea. i was just going along with it.

does any1 here actually use this forum to try to enhance the game play or just talk shit?

/Zoul

+20???

/Zoul

+20???

I think it's actually to +7 or +8, maybe White[GM] would know.

Also, I agree with El Rafa, I think Rapiers/Esterks are more for stunning and cutting casts than doing actual damage. SOME damage is nice, yes, but I think the range is more important.

From what i remember, dk gs is upgradable to +15 (but it doesnt blink la the DK+15 Templar/Staff)

Rapiers are to cut cast and stun, if you get an Ek thanks to the damage added by upgrading it, better.