Sign in to follow this  
Moha

Sleep Spell

I just think people are so afraid of change that anytime anything happens we gotta pick apart every little thing about this and that and who and where and how and blah blah blah. Just give it a chance. The elv sleep mage will be active soon, and i bet people will start complaining less when they catch Dragonoid with a sleep and dominate me in 3 seconds :D Just no need to fly off the handle and start changing this and that. Just let it ride and time will tell.

Reduce to 15 second paralyze and make it so potions can be used

That part is what i think would be fair...

Not allowing your enemy to: change sets, cast (fire strike or recall), be broken by ff/fbow/etc, equip tower+mshield, equip his IP/IE neck+Emmy ring, first damage*2 etc is enough

one sleep mage+ one war can kill easily 1 player, you can go to raid pits knowing that nobody would survive.

in mass fights it is still an amazing spell

disabling pot chugging is insane imo

Hello :D

Sleep Spell (in Korea server)

This spell stops the target from moving for 20 seconds.

Field magic(example : Fire-Wall, Fire-Field, Fire-Bow, Poison Cloud, Cloud Kill, Ice-Storm or Spike Field.)

will not be released to the sleep state,

are released which brings damage(...like Hold Person...).

The target cannot change items, use skills, eat potions or make a successfull hit while slept.

The first Damage dealt after Sleep will be doubled. (but Xelima series of divine weapons, except for a running)

Sleep spell cant through pfm ...

but nemesis not same... Sleep like medusa sword in nemesis.. no . Sleep spell is better more than medusa sword.. lol

but i dont care.. Nemesis si Nemesis , KHB is KHB :D

sorry.. my english is very sux :P thanks for read this Reply..

Edited by JJongker

Field magic(example : Fire-Wall, Fire-Field, Fire-Bow, Poison Cloud, Cloud Kill, Ice-Storm or Spike Field.)

The target cannot change items, use skills, eat potions or make a successfull hit while slept.

The first Damage dealt after Sleep will be doubled. (but Xelima series of divine weapons, except for a running)

but nemesis not same... Sleep like medusa sword in nemesis.. no . Sleep spell is better more than medusa sword.. lol

Sounds like sleep is as worthless as hold person in hbk. and i'm sure there are lots of sleep mages. In nemesis only 2.

so basically, if it acts like a hold person, whats the point of all of its effects? i mean, landing a line blizzard is the only good aspect of it? (whats the point of not changing sets, eat pots, or w.e, if u cant take phisical damage, the worst would be to get a line blizzard with dk set :S, and no decent war would run around with dk set and dmg neck/ring on if u know a sleep mage is around :S)

u guys have to get used to it... thats it, and learn how to teamplay, as i said before, energy bolt (costs what, 10 mp?) can release sleep ( that costs nearly 150 using dk wand)

so basically, if it acts like a hold person, whats the point of all of its effects? i mean, landing a line blizzard is the only good aspect of it? (whats the point of not changing sets, eat pots, or w.e, if u cant take phisical damage, the worst would be to get a line blizzard with dk set :S, and no decent war would run around with dk set and dmg neck/ring on if u know a sleep mage is around :S)

u guys have to get used to it... thats it, and learn how to teamplay, as i said before, energy bolt (costs what, 10 mp?) can release sleep ( that costs nearly 150 using dk wand)

well, if you land sleep on your enemy while he is wearing dk set. (asuming he has full hp) you can rape him with a 5 hit blizzard that would almost finish him off (a certain death if you are with another mage)

you can even solo someone if he is wearing dk set and his hp is below 400.

however this spell is no good for group fights. i see it more like a spell you use to jump people.. and not so much cause NPCs tend to *censored* your plans up by hitting your enemy :unsure:

Sounds like sleep is as worthless as hold person in hbk. and i'm sure there are lots of sleep mages. In nemesis only 2.

hbk server only have 2 sleep mage :D and very usefull

Edited by JJongker

oh ic. Well if sleep released after physical hit, i would use para instead. Not sure how its so useful there. But sleep being so rare in hbk there should be more effect for the mp it costs.

Not a single sleep manual was sold, so it doesnt make diff wether it was for sale or not, and we also modified Hell Fire after the first player got it, we hadnt tweaked it according to gameplay yet.

Bob, u might have a point on the x2 damage maybe thats too much for sum1 that cant chug, but ur wrong about mages, if a mage blizzes u as first hit, just the FIRST hit is x2, so if u were gona take 4x80=320, u would now take 1x160+3x80=400.

its not a spell that u can spam, its not that hard to avoid if ur ready for it(same as para) and well, if you are alone vs a big number, you are dead, if u got a teamate to energy bolt u, or the enemys arent more than 2, ur ok

that bascially just won the arguent. since everyone act as if they had the best hb skills ever why not just be pro and dodge sleep like paras? no offense to aresden players but as to my self and alot of new players having a decent player like Cowbell with that spell is a great advantage to us. Seems most new players that are introduced to HB starts with Aresden. My point here is that Since only 1 sleep per town(as of right now or forever im not sure ><) right now is not over powered at all! Quit the QQ and dodge it like para or any spell. You should be running around like a mad man anyways when u are fighting in a group fight. and IF u were to get hit by sleep yoyuur town-mates SHOULD be helping you anyways. If not then thats just bad luck. Its a game and bad situations like that will happen everyonce in awhile where you get no help. Also have faith is the staff, I wouldnt think they'd release the spell if they didn't go through careful testing and discussions. A spell like sleep is definitely evolutionary. it is gonna change the way hb is played now we just gota fix MiM LOL

see what i said? , here its way too powerfull :S

In my opinion, I don't think the duration is an issue at all. For me the problem is that the effect can't be broken if the target is amped after sleep. Well, the no-chugging thing is also sick ofc. I think it should be breakable with fire field etc like para but keep the can't change armor effect. If you are in a party and your m8 is "sleeped" he/she is pretty much fked since u can't do anything but invi, who has time to disband party when your friend is dying. I do think u should lower the manacost since the spell itself doesn't do dmg, in addition I think the player affected by sleep should take something like 20-30% more dmg when "sleeped" from all sources to make up for the fact that it is broken like paralyse. After all it is a rare spell and should be alot better than average.

So:

1. Reduce the mana cost

2. Make it dispellable by ff etc like paralyse

3. Allow chugging during the effect

4. Affected targets receive 20-30% more dmg from all sources (dmg+ % up for debate ofc)

5. Keep the 20 sec duration

6. Keep no change armor

/Zoul

Edited by El Rafa

sleep already got weakened even thou it wasnt neccesary, leave it the way it is now

+1 ... para > sleep , if the changes are to be like what white mentioned. how can a rare spell be as 'powerful' as ctrl+3 holdperson? :/

sleep already got weakened even thou it wasnt neccesary, leave it the way it is now

+1 ... para > sleep , if the changes are to be like what white mentioned. how can a rare spell be as 'powerful' as ctrl+3 holdperson? :/

official changes to the game are ALWAYS announced on the nemesis front page or news section and not troughout a "random topic in forum".

all changes that are made to the game will always be made clear to ALL players in the front page or news section of the nemesis website.

What ever I state of changes that might, would, shall, will, or have to be comming are only assumptions and guidelines to create discussions or gather opinions, a statement made on the forum related to game changes has no value unless it was announced in the nemesis front page or news section.

As you can read in the nemesis news section, the v5.35 patch brought a reduction to sleep (20 to 15 sec) and enabled chugging, those were the recommandations of BOTH the nemesis community (YOU !) and the active nemesis staff. This change was officially announced and officially applied at the point of announcement.

The other stement I made on making it like a hold person, reducing solidly to 10 seconds and others were, as I mentioned before, created or statement to open dicussions and gather opinions of the community, and this worked out well as opinions & re-statements came up fast in a short period of time.

The officialy change that was made came quickly as a higher valued voice, the one of the Head Game Master of nemesis, has spoken his opinion, and along that other staff members have spoken related to the topic and all the staff opinions were taken in account aswell as how the community reacted on statements & guidelines posted related to the topic.

I got killed by sleep a couple times now, because I don't know how to play against it yet, but I just smile on my death that the brought me down fairly fast with sleep.

At this point I'm closing the topic to make it rest, we'll play with the changed sleep for a while to see how it turns out, people need to LEARN to play and dodge the new spell.