Sign in to follow this  
colgateJR

Reducing Mim Duration

Reduce MIM duration  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Reduce MIM duration?

• Yes
    • No

I was just reading the "Something has to be done" thread, and while it was a bit over-dramatic, I did agree with reducing MIM duration as something that would help game balance. I was about to respond to the thread when I saw:

No, I don't like to make EK easy, some things are annoying, but removing or changing them is no option, the only option is introduce new cool things to make them less annoying for some players who got lucky.

Personally I'd disagree because if new cool things are introduced for those "who got lucky", then those who didn't get lucky (the majority) would not like EKing. I think fixing the annoyances that make most players unhappy in a way that players don't have to get lucky is better.

So on to my suggestion: Reducing MIM duration. I think MIM could be changed to:

1) "Lesser Mass Illusion Movement": Gives the MIM effect for 15-30 seconds (random).

2) Then we could add a rare drop for "Greater Mass Illusion Movement" that restores the old behavior (or maybe even makes it last longer). If not rare drop, how about make it require 215 Intellect (requires Int angel to use).

That way, the players who didn't get lucky are happy (reduced duration normally), and the mages who did get lucky (rare drop) are happy?

It might work ... but i guess gms having alot other stuff to do right now...

this is from original hb ... and probably its going to still the way it is...

Greater mim lol so a mage with 215 int gets a new spell (why not just remove all warrior armour? well just stand there for you mages), Stop suggesting and maybe start playing!!!! You think of ways to make it easier for yourself. After a while it just sounds like you are b i t c h i n g that you arnt as stroong as other people.............. it is ment to take a LONG TIME for you to have GOOD THINGS and GOOD PLAYERS in helbreath, otherwise we would all be playing fruit servers!!!

i hate mim as much as the next warrior, but this is how it is............................

some anti-MIM item is going to be released, otherwise just do what i do:

i always been a warrior, i always blamed mages who MIM 24/7, since it had no result, now when im on a mage i spam MIM like an idiot every 1 min, and laugh at em qqing :D

Greater mim lol so a mage with 215 int gets a new spell (why not just remove all warrior armour? well just stand there for you mages), Stop suggesting and maybe start playing!!!! You think of ways to make it easier for yourself. After a while it just sounds like you are b i t c h i n g that you arnt as stroong as other people.............. it is ment to take a LONG TIME for you to have GOOD THINGS and GOOD PLAYERS in helbreath, otherwise we would all be playing fruit servers!!!

i hate mim as much as the next warrior, but this is how it is............................

1) Person w/ good items != Good player

2) You're talking about it taking a long time to get "good things". I'm talking about MIM.. a spell every mage can buy from the magic shop. Am I missing something?

3) Maybe you should stop reading the "Suggestions" forum and start playing?

1) Person w/ good items != Good player

2) You're talking about it taking a long time to get "good things". I'm talking about MIM.. a spell every mage can buy from the magic shop. Am I missing something?

3) Maybe you should stop reading the "Suggestions" forum and start playing?

1. person with good items = good player lol lol lol lol .... no, not true i have very good items and iam shit at pvp! in fact i rarely pvp on pourpose ( organised fight )

2.yes , iam talking about this as i talked about ur idea ( greater mim lol ) in opening sentence! this is what i think of your game mindset.

3. i do play bro, i got no job, no life, i smoke a shit load of weed and all i have is time and money...

i ve suggested this before, and the answer was no

and once again, an item anti-MIM will be released, so just hold on

1. person with good items = good player lol lol lol lol .... no, not true i have very good items and iam shit at pvp! in fact i rarely pvp on pourpose ( organised fight )

2.yes , iam talking about this as i talked about ur idea ( greater mim lol ) in opening sentence! this is what i think of your game mindset.

3. i do play bro, i got no job, no life, i smoke a shit load of weed and all i have is time and money...

!= means "not equal". I'm not sure if you follow what I'm saying, so let me repeat one last time:

1) You said it takes a long time to have good items and good players, I was pointing out that the two are "not equal".

2) You said it takes a long time to have good items, I was saying I consider MIM to be a "good item" that doesn't take a long time to get at all.

i ve suggested this before, and the answer was no

and once again, an item anti-MIM will be released, so just hold on

That's cool, but if it's as rare as medusa necklace or something, it might as well not exist at all. I just wanted to put my idea out there for something to help more than 1 lucky person in-game. The previous suggestion was closed so I couldn't weigh-in my 2c, but if this one is dismissed too then so be it.

hey

1. didnt know != means not equal, fair enough. I would of thought <= means not equal, but i suppose people have different ways of speaking/ spelling english. lol

fair enough? didnt know what you ment, as it isnt english as most people use.(the queen's english as i was taught from birth, the way you wrote it didnt make sence to me. but now i understand u on this.)

2. yes, takes long time to get GOOD items (like hammers and necks and rings) , but mim is something any mage can get, changing it to make it harder for mages to get and lowering other mim for a weak version, would result in no mims except for those who have mag+++ angels, i dont understand how you dont see this as a BAD idea.

i got an idea, lets make it warriors cant crit untill they get dex to 215 cause crits are good and and they hurt mages, so it isnt fair............ if you didnt realise, iam being sarcastic........ iam over this i aint replying no more..

lugiore

mim is something any mage can get, changing it to make it harder for mages to get and lowering other mim for a weak version, would result in no mims except for those who have mag+++ angels, i dont understand how you dont see this as a BAD idea.

I'm saying that the current MIM is too powerful, that's the whole reason behind my post, I don't see why you would expect me to say it is a bad idea when you haven't given any reasons why you think MIM is not too powerful.

Besides, I'm not even changing the behavior of the spell in any way, just reducing its duration. Do you honestly think mages aren't going to cast MIM if it lasted for half the time?

its not too powerfull cause only noobs get caught more then once....................

What you said makes no sence tbh, all i need as a mage is a hp wand, and ill mim whoever i want, i might fail couple times if the person has a good mr set, but unless the person is amped, ill suceed MIM way more than im failing, no matter how pro/noob the person is.

Also, no anti-mim iten is current under development, even tough we (staff) are discussing if thats the case to have an anti ilusions iten, and how it would affect the game.

its not too powerfull cause only noobs get caught more then once....................

What you said makes no sence tbh, all i need as a mage is a hp wand, and ill mim whoever i want, i might fail couple times if the person has a good mr set, but unless the person is amped, ill suceed MIM way more than im failing, no matter how pro/noob the person is.

Also, no anti-mim iten is current under development, even tough we (staff) are discussing if thats the case to have an anti ilusions iten, and how it would affect the game.

mim is a great spell, but remember it does need 200 int and it uses a large amount of mana..

unless you have a nice mp set, or tons of mana pots, you can't afford to go crazy on it.

maybe some restriction of mim while using mp sets (?????

Edit: or it could be only allowed to use once every 2 minutes or so.. remember that it misses quite a lot!

Edited by letrita

mim is a great spell, but remember it does need 200 int and it uses a large amount of mana..

unless you have a nice mp set, or tons of mana pots, you can't afford to go crazy on it.

maybe some restriction of mim while using mp sets (?????

Edit: or it could be only allowed to use once every 2 minutes or so.. remember that it misses quite a lot!

Letrita,

I would say that it has a good chance to hit actualy ... unless u using mr set .

Perhaps the square range would be necessary to change... mage spam mim .. all in screen who dont have amp get mim...

.. idk the spell has 5x5 square range? ... mabe change it to 2x2 or 1x1...

that way mages have to aim correctly .. not juss run and span the spell...

Lets think "realistic" a mage would look at you before cursing u with a spell.. to confuse your directions... he have to lure u .. look at you and bamm!!..

the guy is running oposit direction

all the rest is ok...

why not just remove all warrior armour? well just stand there for you mages), Stop suggesting and maybe start playing!!!!

I would of thought <= means not equal, but i suppose people have different ways of speaking/ spelling english. lol

fair enough? didnt know what you ment, as it isnt english as most people use.(the queen's english as i was taught from birth, the way you wrote it didnt make sence to me. but now i understand u on this.)

i got an idea, lets make it warriors cant crit untill they get dex to 215 cause crits are good and and they hurt mages, so it isnt fair............ if you didnt realise, iam being sarcastic........ iam over this i aint replying no more..

First of all, your sarcastic shit isn't needed. Just because something is changed from the "original helbreath" doesn't mean that suddenly everyone shouldn't have armor and every mage and warrior instantly gets devastators and zerk wands. I'm tired of seeing this crap posted. You aren't smart and you aren't being witty.

You would have though that <= (LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO) means not equal? Okay. His English was plenty fine and easily understandable. Actually, I'd wager he's a better English speaker than you are.

Too bad about that whole "I aint replying no more.." part because it seems it was untrue.

Every mage can afford 200 int and 200 mag on a 180 server, so that's nothing.

MIM takes no skill to pull off, the effects are nearly as good as paralyze in most situations, it goes through PFM, and almost every single mage has it (and if you don't you're silly). Another brilliant innovation by our friends over in Korea.

Let's not balance our game, but keep adding things and making it more of a shitfest.

mim is cool

mim rulz, but is horrible when a mage only appear to MIM u... and he leave, then, after 60 sec he appear again and MIM u again ... xd!

the MIM area effect is stupid, it should be a 1x1 spell like paralize

thats a great idea since that way well get rid of the nubs just spamming mim with no aim

para takes skill and practice and so should mim.

bt dont change the graphics cause its sick lol

I agree about lowering time (30 seconds) and lowering range (2x2). It IS a really annoying spell, and really doesn't take much skill to cast it 2-3 spaces away from a war and hit everyone in it's range.