Sign in to follow this  
Elite-

Hb Nemesis As We Know It

All nemesis players...

I was just talking with a friend of mine in game and we came across the same problems with the numbers of players in game.. This topic comes up so much of course since everything happened awhile ago, but something really, really needs to happen sooner rather than later. We were brain storming ideas and all we could think of was advertising. We all need to think together of ways to promote the server in ways no one could ever think of. Nemesis has been going strong for so long, and it will for awhile. I just think with a little thought, flare, and some advertising, something can help this BIG problem.

I'm sorry for bringing this up, because no one wants to think of nemesis as a depleting server, because it is not. But little by little by little, people need to think of ideas, and ways to advertise.

This is old news of course. But just bringing this back up to everyone's attention to get peoples minds going.

Post ANY ideas no matter how crazy and ridiculous, maybe it will be our SAVOR:)

Drago :wub:

It's funny, trying to solve something as straight forward as server population becomes a pain in the *censored* when:

A) The game you are trying to "sell" is extremely outdated.

B) The fact that HB nemesis is not a legitimate server such as HBUSA.

'A' can be worked around since Helbreath does have simple, yet very good gameplay. 'B' on the other hand, makes advertising on many of the big RPG forums (onrpg, ect) close to impossible.

Sounds like you have a good event idea though Elite. See who can design the most effective advertising campaign for hbnemesis :P

Our numbers are on the up....by dramatic increases.

And when you all see what we have planned for this summer, you will be pleased.

BIG surprises coming your way which will make everyone VERY happy and which will attract many old players

back to the server and new players to come check us out.

Once they GET HERE...it is up to ALL of us to keep them here.

That means

1- helping new players with low level items you have dozens of in the wh

2- being nice to new players or if you cannot manage that, at least not being RUDE to them.

3- go out of your way to answer questions in global when you see them with the correct answer. Why people think it is amusing to give new players false information is really something I dont quite get.

4- Allow new players into your guilds. Let them hunt with you, help them get 1 level, party them at events.

5- tell your friends that the staff has BIG surprises in store for you and to come get in on it

6- advertise on other forums

7- VOTE in the HB top 20 every single day to keep us #1

8- set your MSN and YAHOO status with Nemesis website address

These are just a few ideas.

Trust that the staff takes this issue seriously. I am doing everything I can to keep events fresh, new, exciting and fun for everyone old and new.

We have LOTS more coming soon.

PS...

yesterday afternoon on a NON raiding day, NON event day. NON sade day

we had..... Drum roll please................

....................................................................................................

...................................................................................................

117 players in game!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's keep it going!

The problem is HB nemesis is the most advertised server there is. Its the #1 in hbtop50 list which is the biggest and the best Helbreath toplist there is.

Every1 familiar with helbreath has tried HB nemesis thats for sure. Making them believe it would be fun to start playing here again in an old server with so many stacked players it just doesnt sound fun... It is EXTREMELY hard to get those players back.

On the other hand one option would be trying to get some fresh HB players who have never tried it before. This is another mission impossible since Helbreath has so outdated graphics that its almost impossible to get new players.

Hb is an old game, int was doing great until we opened our cousin server of arggentina,

face it.

Our numbers were very high, we even had 200 on for about a month before argentina opened.

i dont want to point any fingers BUT a lot of players forsaw this coming. I was one of them.

I honestly i think nem wont recover fully but it doesnt mean we shouldn't try.

Edited by Alright ---Juggs

Hb is an old game, int was doing great until we opened our cousin server of arggentina,

face it.

Our numbers were very high, we even had 200 on for about a month before argentina opened.

i dont want to point any fingers BUT a lot of players forsaw this coming. I was one of them.

I honestly i think nem wont recover fully but it doesnt mean we shouldn't try.

Yup. Also arg server is pretty much dead.

The people that plays nemesis argentina WILL NEVER PLAY NEMESIS INT.

They will just go and find other low ping server, there is a lot here.

Nemesis Argentina also Hold his payment alone. with 30 ppl they donate enoff to pay the bills.

How to get fresh HB players is the main problem! Theres nothing wrong in this server! I think when they first find this game they will see the top50 of all HBs and they will see nemesis as a good server.. BUT if i ask anyone irl who plays this kind of games.. they dont even know helbreath exists and if they know, they have played this game a long time ago.. and dont even know this game still exists and there is good servers running on.. fking new gamers r following the mainstream and play wow... UU IM ORCWARRIOR.. i have shield.. omg.. someone stun me and kill me.. i go back to the corpse and he is camping there and kill again.. they dont know what is good game and what is not.. new games r beautiful but not as good gameplay as in HB.. yaar

. Making them believe it would be fun to start playing here again in an old server with so many stacked players it just doesnt sound fun.

That's the problem. :/ And we all know the cure but don't want to say it. It's a 4 letter word that starts with W and ends in E.

Firstly....

So sorry Farjat but was a bad divide HB Nemesis (HB INT & HB Arg)...

Before that I saw 150+ players online all time and after that HB int decreased to 40+ players online...

Now the server is 80+ Players sometimes 120...

Now we have a really bad problem, but lets fix that, how?

**Eliminate HB Arg and put back those players to HB Int with items.

**Get new alliances with other small/medium servers.

**Increase drop rate in weekends (I would love that)

**Decrease gold drop rate (nowdays gold is nothing)

**Put back PA stats and increase strip rate by hammer, bh and bbh.

**Increase the utility of some rare items some of them are very rare and are just junk

**Put just ONE big Ettin pit in the middle of ML (that would be good spot for mages vs warriors)

**Players who are GM should help to train noob players.

**Barraks Raid and special portal (inside barrak) to arrive fast to the other barraks town (inside also).

**PL lvl max 100

**Farm creatures should give high exp (max lvl 180) for players who only want get mas lvl fast.

**Tradeable Majestic Points and EK

So sorry HB Nemesis Staff but we have to do something fast or in few months we will have about 15% less players, is so sad see in forums how old good players sell items or accounts for USD...

Im sure 99% of my post will be ignored, but think about the server, is live or dead, i want play this server for more years.. not for only few months...

Firstly....

Before that I saw 150+ players online all time and after that HB int decreased to 40+ players online...

**Increase the utility of some rare items some of them are very rare and are just junk

**Put just ONE big Ettin pit in the middle of ML (that would be good spot for mages vs warriors)

**Barraks Raid and special portal (inside barrak) to arrive fast to the other barraks town (inside also).

**PL lvl max 100

**Farm creatures should give high exp (max lvl 180) for players who only want get mas lvl fast.

So sorry HB Nemesis Staff but we have to do something fast or in few months we will have about 15% less players, is so sad see in forums how old good players sell items or accounts for USD...

Im sure 99% of my post will be ignored, but think about the server, is live or dead, i want play this server for more years.. not for only few months...

Bring more fruits and we can make a salad! Free Fruit salad to everyone!!!- :)

sorry, i just dont agree in those.. that will bring lots of players for 1 or 2 months.. then, the server will die..

Firstly....

**PL lvl max 100

sorry, i just dont agree in those.. that will bring lots of players for 1 or 2 months.. then, the server will die..

actually some of what you said is already being done...

you might not see the time we spend with new players, teaching them the game, but it is significant.

Yesterday alone, I spent over 2 hours with 3 new players, helping them out and I know the other GMs do the same when they can.

In a few months we will have +15% or more coming to the server.

The issue is getting to those now 18-25 yr olds who played HB as a kid....letting them know there is still a server around, and a good one at that, to return to and try.

Forget the 4 letter word beg with W and ending with E...that would be final death of Nemesis.

We just had a wipe recently...not entertaining thoughts of another one.

ARG server is not being closed. Period....the donations they get support the bills they generate and farjat is in it for the long haul with ARG server.

Ettin pit...no

Raising drop levels...no

Gold wont have an impact...its too late for that i think. Zems are still being sold for gold, so thats good!

How do we reach 20+ year olds, who used to play, and now play high-power graphic, games on XBOX live, etc? Can we reach them? i dont know....

How do we get new 13-18 year olds who were not around in the days of USA and INT and Nemesis early years?

Where do we go to reach them?

Because I am convinced when we implement a few ideas we have ready to launch, people will come back to check us out, and stay to play.

and the PVP in HB can go toe to toe with other much more sophisticated games and come out even. The PVP designers of HB were brilliant. I am still amazed they put together such an awesome game so early on.

Maybe HB was before its time in some respects.

Anyway...Im all ears for ways to reach the masses.

' date='Jun 3 2010, 01:50 PM' post='321934']

Firstly....

**PL lvl max 100

actually some of what you said is already being done...

you might not see the time we spend with new players, teaching them the game, but it is significant.

Yesterday alone, I spent over 2 hours with 3 new players, helping them out and I know the other GMs do the same when they can.

In a few months we will have +15% or more coming to the server.

The issue is getting to those now 18-25 yr olds who played HB as a kid....letting them know there is still a server around, and a good one at that, to return to and try.

Forget the 4 letter word beg with W and ending with E...that would be final death of Nemesis.

We just had a wipe recently...not entertaining thoughts of another one.

ARG server is not being closed. Period....the donations they get support the bills they generate and farjat is in it for the long haul with ARG server.

Ettin pit...no

Raising drop levels...no

Gold wont have an impact...its too late for that i think. Zems are still being sold for gold, so thats good!

How do we reach 20+ year olds, who used to play, and now play high-power graphic, games on XBOX live, etc? Can we reach them? i dont know....

How do we get new 13-18 year olds who were not around in the days of USA and INT and Nemesis early years?

Where do we go to reach them?

Because I am convinced when we implement a few ideas we have ready to launch, people will come back to check us out, and stay to play.

and the PVP in HB can go toe to toe with other much more sophisticated games and come out even. The PVP designers of HB were brilliant. I am still amazed they put together such an awesome game so early on.

Maybe HB was before its time in some respects.

Anyway...Im all ears for ways to reach the masses.

I have to say in my oppinion HB was most definately before it's time in every respect. Epecially when it's main contender was probably Runescape (an we all know how much that sucks) yet still has millions of players purely becaue it's browser based and requires NO download. Of course making this browser based isn't an option but getting to the point, i think everyone always underestimates the power of Word of Mouth Advertising.

If i think back, How did my freinds find Runescape before they started playing...? I told them about it.

How did i find Helbreath? A freind of mine told me! I then (Many years later) found Nemesis!

So my advice: Tell all your mate about Nemesis, Badger them constantly to at least TRY the game... I gaurentee any games player that loves going toe to toe with another player to see who come out on top will stay and play! Also anyone who loves Gambling will also love HB's drop system since it's based on Slot machine payouts. ^-^

Morale of the story? Tell your mates, Tell your family and definately tell your enemies! Then....... kill them in PvP :D

Edited by LastOutlaw

Howdy all-- I imagine I have a fairly unique and valuable perspective to give on this matter. I am one of those 18-25 demographics who played HBint something like 8 years ago and I have recently been playing around on nemesis off and on since my xmas break started.

Let me start out by saying the fast leveling makes the game incredible nostalgic for me, allowing me to quickly get characters up to and past the level where I was years ago. I currently have both a mage and war in the 150s, both of whom have been helped in several ways by members of the community.

That being said, I find 2 aspects of the game difficult to get back into as a new player- the "social" aspect of MMORPGs and the PvP part of it.

As you all probably realize, a big draw to MMORPGs is sort of the escapist socializing that occurs during play. However, with relatively low numbers (compared to other official games), socializing with random people is way down. I could sit in some pit for hours and not run into anyone to talk to. If someone does come by, its either an enemy player or someone off to find an empty pit. In either scenario, I am quickly without a peer to interact with. I imagine, however, this could be solved fairly easily by joining a guild

The PvP prospects for a neophyte such as myself, however, are decidedly poor. Pretty much anyone I run into is at such a higher level and/or has some fancy shiny equips, making any choice but running and recalling worthless. Yes, I've realized PvP isn't over as quickly as some other games, such as Conquer Online, where you would get killed in a matter of seconds. However, in every situation I've encountered, it's turned into a pot-fest for me, desperately trying to escape without getting killed quickly. Though this may be due to me being not such a great player, trying to get to the same tier as people with rares seems to be an incredibly difficult and nigh insurmountable task. Having played many MMORPGs in the past, I understand that these players all likely have earned their rare and powerful equips and it likely has taken them a long time to get to where they are. The lack of people between n00bs and vets however, make transitioning into being an experienced player rather difficult and unrewarding, which likely leads to low retention of new players.

TL;DR Rambling complaints/concerns of a new player in the supposed target audience. Food for thought!

Regards,

slapo

EDIT: Wow, that was a massive bump by Outlaw. Sorry to have fed the 6 month bump, though I suppose my opinion is still valid, however

Edited by slapo12

Yeah, that's exactly what happens on this game slapo. There are some helpful players, for sure, but a lot of times new players are treated with hostility in some form or another.

The skill curve is rather large, mainly due to amount of time put into the game. If you're a new player, have fun getting rolled all over for awhile because that's what is going to happen. This is definitely discouraging for the majority of players new to this game or players who have some experience with the game but haven't played much over the past couple of years (old HB int players, early private server scene - like me, etc.).

You also sort of need to be part of a "click" within the game to really get ahead of other players, whether it be real life friends, account sharers, or a guild. Otherwise you're stuck to hunting your butt off almost by yourself or buying the items from older players.