Sign in to follow this  

Question About Casting Speeds And Etc

Well, today me and Pharaoh- where chasing AVRIL and as you know AVRIL is in korean guild ( the guild thing gets into a bigger section ina few)

She was running for amp, and i KNOW for a FACT that with 100% magic skill it takes a full 3 seconds to cast any spell. SO, how does AVRIL still get AMP off even tho Pharoah hit her with SB from long range when she was only 1 second into the casting timer. Avrils exact reply to this when asked about it was "DK+15 wand makes you cast faster"

In the many years I myself have played HB and same with Pharaoh- we both know this to be a 110% bullshit false answer.

Avril is not the only korean guild member doing this either. DK15 wand does not make you cast faster and if it did, well then I would honestly think that DK wand was the most OVERPOWERED item ingame tbh.

I just want to know, if many people other then myself and pharoah are seeing many of these Korean guildies doing this, why isnt anything being done about it?

It takes a full 3 seconds to cast any spell ingame so how can she still off an amp even tho being inturrupted 1 second into the casting timer.

ive wondered and seen this too.. but not specifically the korean guild

it might have somethin to do with server delay.. between them casting and you seeing it on your screen

Well, today me and Pharaoh- where chasing AVRIL and as you know AVRIL is in korean guild ( the guild thing gets into a bigger section ina few)

She was running for amp, and i KNOW for a FACT that with 100% magic skill it takes a full 3 seconds to cast any spell. SO, how does AVRIL still get AMP off even tho Pharoah hit her with SB from long range when she was only 1 second into the casting timer. Avrils exact reply to this when asked about it was "DK+15 wand makes you cast faster"

In the many years I myself have played HB and same with Pharaoh- we both know this to be a 110% bullshit false answer.

Avril is not the only korean guild member doing this either. DK15 wand does not make you cast faster and if it did, well then I would honestly think that DK wand was the most OVERPOWERED item ingame tbh.

I just want to know, if many people other then myself and pharoah are seeing many of these Korean guildies doing this, why isnt anything being done about it?

It takes a full 3 seconds to cast any spell ingame so how can she still off an amp even tho being inturrupted 1 second into the casting timer.

+1

Edited by Vaelor

ive wondered and seen this too.. but not specifically the korean guild

it might have somethin to do with server delay.. between them casting and you seeing it on your screen

well ID hate to tell you, but i live not far from server if its still located in texas, i live in North carolina, i have Very good broadband internet speed, and i have over 200fps, so ur telling me if 10+ ppl are saying the same thing, then we are all having server delay? Odds of that are like hitting the lottery.

Unfortunately, this game is rather old and some of the processes of it are still on the client side. Casting times are still client side (which is why cast hacks exist).

You can begin a cast on your client, have a good bit of delay and you will seem like you are cast hacking to others connected on the server. This is why European, Asian, and South American players seem nearly impossible to interrupt when casting spells.

Blame shitty game mechanics and poor design.

well ID hate to tell you, but i live not far from server if its still located in texas, i live in North carolina, i have Very good broadband internet speed, and i have over 200fps, so ur telling me if 10+ ppl are saying the same thing, then we are all having server delay? Odds of that are like hitting the lottery.

Noone is saying theres no speed hackers!

But MOST of the cases HIS Delay makes u think its speed.

We are also not saying this is not speedhack. Just letting u know.

EX:

On Nemesis Int i have 180ns Delay

On Nemesis Arg i have 20ns Delay

I cant make Amp on ARG server because PPL can Cut my Cast. On INT, with Delay, is Easyer for me to Amp.

Also, your low ping makes u see it as Speed hack more. Because the problem is not his bad ping or your good ping, its the difference. Playing both with same ping it doesnt happen.

You may have good ping, but if he lives in korea, theres the delay, because the ping between his action the server is probably enough to make you see it as 1-2 second cast instead of 3. So by the time he actually does cast it has been 3 seconds, you just werent seeing him cast all of the 3 second spell, only part of.

So if pharaoh tried to hit him with SB the cast would be almost done.

But just like farjat said, im not saying there arnt people that speedhack. But if you see something like this alot, its probably just delay.

it almost sounds as if your saying mages have it easier with more lag, where as warriors have it harder because they can be hit when in their screen they are in a different place because of delay =/

Koreans internet connection speed is number 1 in the world. It's proven.

yea but the distance still there!

it almost sounds as if your saying mages have it easier with more lag.

For getting Amped...Yes. Playing with delay i get less Cast-cuts.

The master in code replies yo uwith a simple answer:

Hitting your enemy with damage doesn't necessarly require the enemy's cast to be cancelled.

So, in other words, what happend is completly possible, but the explenation of DK+15 wand is 100% bs.

The other explenation calu and juno talk about, with lagg it can be indeed that the cast was not broken, yet all depends on BOTH sides lagg, the server determines (calculates) if the cast is, or should be cancelled or not, and distributeds it to all players in the area near the cast-failing player.

so basicly if avril presses his/her button to cast, the command to cast the spell is sent to the server, the server casts it.

at the same moment, or slightly before or after, the SB user's command to attack avril is also sent to the server.

Depending on the delay between avril -> Server and the SB user -> Server it's determined if the cast is broken or not.

it almost sounds as if your saying mages have it easier with more lag, where as warriors have it harder because they can be hit when in their screen they are in a different place because of delay =/

even though you may have a litle advantage when casting, when u get lagged with ur mage can be the end for u, a war might last longer :D .. besides, aiming spells like zerk/amp or para is rlly hard when getting delay, since u have to shoot it waay ahead of the other player.

so having delay its not good at all :P you can always have a free try of it logging at arg server :)

The master in code replies yo uwith a simple answer:

Hitting your enemy with damage doesn't necessarly require the enemy's cast to be cancelled.

So, in other words, what happend is completly possible, but the explenation of DK+15 wand is 100% bs.

The other explenation calu and juno talk about, with lagg it can be indeed that the cast was not broken, yet all depends on BOTH sides lagg, the server determines (calculates) if the cast is, or should be cancelled or not, and distributeds it to all players in the area near the cast-failing player.

so basicly if avril presses his/her button to cast, the command to cast the spell is sent to the server, the server casts it.

at the same moment, or slightly before or after, the SB user's command to attack avril is also sent to the server.

Depending on the delay between avril -> Server and the SB user -> Server it's determined if the cast is broken or not.

Im not code-saavy.. kinda complicated. but well, Im from asia and I have cast delays all the time.. Imuuned to it :P

As i know, in nemesis is double shoot system. I was trying to do it, but success badly and need good reaction, but sometimes it works and takes less (like ~20~30%) time on casting spells. Propably is thats why? .. :huh:

Edited by Emke