Sign in to follow this  
Juno_NH

Everyone Should Just Play Mage

all the mages like how it is obviously, but it would be nice 2 have 2 EQUAL pvp classes

But lets be honest, nothing will change people have been saying this for years now and the staff just dont listen or care what US the PLAYERS think

all the mages like how it is obviously, but it would be nice 2 have 2 EQUAL pvp classes

But lets be honest, nothing will change people have been saying this for years now and the staff just dont listen or care what US the PLAYERS think

it's a free server, doesn't matter whether you think.

it's a free server, doesn't matter whether you think.

This, but they do listen.

Tell you what, when my mage can down demons, TW's, GG, Ettins (without MP set), Frosts (without MP set) - then I'll support a boost for warriors or a nerf for mages (which I don't think they need by the way... at all).

A group of mages can kill those things though Eldon. In fact me and Eveia (on AceHigh and his plate mage) took down a HC in BF. Show me 2 warriors who can take down a HC. Demons are easy to kill on mages. Sure you cant just blizz line them, you have to plan the kill out, but 80% of warriors cant solo demons either. Hell, i have trouble with some Demons and I have Demon Slayer - a weapon that is supposed to do extra damage and doesn't.

A mage 9 times out of 10 will always take down a warrior 1 on 1, mages know this and scream pvp all day long at warriors. It is a widely know fact that BBH has slightly lower damage than normal. This was stated when the server first reopened - this makes blizz seem disproportionate in damage. However I much prefer the BBH here than the Nem 1 BBH which was horrible overpowered.

In official servers mages were designed to have an advantage at higher level in PVP because it took them considerably more time and effort to level them. On a private server where max lvl is achieved in 4 hours, this takes away the warrior advantage.

Mages are over powered. GMs know it and still don't do anything about it. This server is more dead to me, then your dead mother.

Yes, we like to watch the forum sitting on a sofa, smoking a cigar while we laugh with an evil laugh

I replied to this kind of topics a lot of times, i dont feel like writing everything over and over and over and...

A group of mages can kill those things though Eldon. In fact me and Eveia (on AceHigh and his plate mage) took down a HC in BF. Show me 2 warriors who can take down a HC. Demons are easy to kill on mages. Sure you cant just blizz line them, you have to plan the kill out, but 80% of warriors cant solo demons either. Hell, i have trouble with some Demons and I have Demon Slayer - a weapon that is supposed to do extra damage and doesn't.

A mage 9 times out of 10 will always take down a warrior 1 on 1, mages know this and scream pvp all day long at warriors. It is a widely know fact that BBH has slightly lower damage than normal. This was stated when the server first reopened - this makes blizz seem disproportionate in damage. However I much prefer the BBH here than the Nem 1 BBH which was horrible overpowered.

In official servers mages were designed to have an advantage at higher level in PVP because it took them considerably more time and effort to level them. On a private server where max lvl is achieved in 4 hours, this takes away the warrior advantage.

well

last week me and alright took down a hc

proves nothing honeslty

well

last week me and alright took down a hc

proves nothing honeslty

Of course it proves something. Eldon is saying that Warriors have an advantage - in hunting. They can train in frosts, can sometimes solo demons etc I am saying that Mages can do those things to which cancels out of any warrior advantage in hunting and have provided an example. Some hunts are more efficient with Warriors, some with mages, neither class has a clear cut advantage or disadvantage in hunts.

ok so perhaps this debate is getting a little more vicious than i anticipated, and should probably be closed albeit until someone else raises the issue again.

Its obviously not going to go away, but given time warriors really might stop playing and then it will just be mages which would be a shame and the game would lose a large part of what makes the pvp so good.

Jings idea about the sheilds came under some criticism but on the whole i think its widely supported by the majority and would go some way to bringing a better balance to the classes.

Mages are over powered. GMs know it and still don't do anything about it. This server is more dead to me, then your dead mother.

Yes, we like to watch the forum sitting on a sofa, smoking a cigar while we laugh with an evil laugh

I replied to this kind of topics a lot of times, i dont feel like writing everything over and over and over and...

You have replied 2 it so much... when will some one reply with a actuall change and not words

You have replied 2 it so much... when will some one reply with a actuall change and not words

Dude, without discussion we can't come up with a good idea for fixing this kind of thing. These kinds of discussions are good because they fuel player and GM suggestions for fixing an imbalance that exists. As you can see Jing[GM] has already done some good thinking about a solution (the shield suggestion).

How about you tell us exactly what should be done to correct the imbalance? I see you've suggested warrior damage raised, how much? An increase of 30% just like sade? How hard will warriors hit in sade then when they get an additional 30% - all of this needs to be considered.

When you are right perhaps

So if you or many players start posting ideas about "giving power rings to every player", and we explain to you over and over with details and good arguments why it is a bad idea when at the other side we only hear "i cantttt killll", wouldnt matter that... would not be about debating and do the smart thing, just do what you ask even if it is stupid.

It is easier to ek on mage or to 'steal' an Ek, so what? beside the fh mage is almost useless is just one of the advantages mages have like wars also have. And that is why you CANT compare them, they are 2 different classes.

Just look at yourself, everytime i saw you on your bmage i was desperated because i knew it was a free ek(no offense), if we saw you 3 times in a DAY in mass fights you were going to die 3 times or 2 and recall 1. But on your war was REALLY hard to kill you and i dont remember more than 2 deaths on your war in the hole time i played. That doesnt means Wars>Mages/Bmages. Im pretty sure you made 2 times more eks on your Bmage than your war also which doesnt means Bmage/Mages>Wars.

Look at Static, he had an amazing char, with godly sets, best spell and one of his users was actually skilled... Still we used to kill him a lot of times per day. And that user was really good.

Or look at lollipop, he is inmortal, unbeatable on pvp, with 2 rare spells... but is not over powered... on mass fights he can kill as much as a war with a Gs.

Junoh plays NAKED and we used to let him for the last aim!!

Garrapata can kill almost every mage on this server on a fair 1:1, but on real fights (mass fights, raids) that char was awful

When you make a build first you make it acording to your skills (vit or dex mage or bmage or support, vit war or 50 mag war or 10/25 mag war), then you do it because you know what advanges you get.

If you make a 100 str diehard war you cant whine because you cant kill anyone with a Claymore.

If you make a pure mage with robe for winning "pvp against mages" you cant whine if you die a lot on daily fights at ML.

Dex mages are popular because if you time your amp, you are a decent player, the char is 'good' on offensive and defensive (if you time your amp always, shield cast always, dont let them pfa you more than 1 time) but with low vit. Bmages too, you need to be even more skilled to use this one.

But they are not inmortal, they die... and a lot. There are just FEW mages who are hard to kill but because they are skilled perhaps top players from this server, and they are hard to kill on wars too.

It is easier to EK on mage, not only at nemesis.

The Fh war is harder to get but it worth the hard work...

It is hardwork and when it's over it is way easier to get eks.. +12 eks for me in 2 hours..

mages were suppose to be harder to level and harder to gear thus giving an early advantage to warrior

on HBUSA for example (1x exp) there was 5-6 180 wars before the first 180 mage and

item rarity was from least to most rare:

PR, SP, DR, MR, HP, MP, MA (dunno how PA fits into that list.. lol)

that is to say that on a 1x exp and 1x drop server there should be warriors with mr and hp sets lvl 180 before mages with mp sets lvl 180, however

on nemesis with pits like ice golem the item and exp advantage of warriors is taken away

hard to hear, but that's the truth ^

smart players take advantage of the "nemesis advantage" which is to EK on a mage and stat change to a FH warrior..which obviously I innovated and notice now like 10 people have followed suit

Edited by Cleanser

Garrapata can kill almost every mage on this server on a fair 1:1, but on real fights (mass fights, raids) that char was awful

The only one mage a i cant kill is Lollipop.

On real fight... i rock. Maybe u using Garrapata makes that char awful.

geared war > geared mage

war with some items < mage with some items

thats the way i see it..

also remember that character stats where taken into account for big fights between lots of players, not for one on one pvps, so its normal to think one character built is stronger than anotherone if u compare them in pvp.

ps: hey junoh, what are ur stats, bro? u must have sum skills to play naked, i would like to see you play.. too bad i played nemed int very little :P

Edited by letrita

man no1 knows junoh stats.. he rides alone at the darknesss of elvine city... naked with a tong and a wings helm using a powerfull flam+5 never seen before! only in peoples dream! and he gets hes victims alones, he goes from behinde and puff ek+1 to the POWERFULL junonh.. hes so powerfull i never saw so much power on a nacked guy ( no counting with stalone offcourse) well u have to see he has a nice body to he always nacked he probably does gym to... thats what i can tell u about junonh!! thats is what i see everytime when i play hb and fear..

If we mapped demon kills what do you think we'd see?

0 mages.

The thing people don't get about HB is that both classes don't have to be exactly even in everything.

if we mapped wyvern kills how many wars would we see... The thing u fail to see here is that pvp / pvm are two different things.

smart players take advantage of the "nemesis advantage" which is to EK on a mage and stat change to a FH warrior..which obviously I innovated and notice now like 10 people have followed suit

I remember when you were taking your FH on your mage (Cleanser) i was doing the same on a war. We both were always on weekly top eks (1 and 2) i remember because you used to joke about "i will beat you!!" or something :P

And i only had a Rod and chain ma18 on that war killing only lvls 180.

When good wars with a good team needed to take their FH, they were always on the top EK... almost every war who is fh now used to be on Weekly Top eks.

man no1 knows junoh stats.. he rides alone at the darknesss of elvine city... naked with a tong and a wings helm using a powerfull flam+5 never seen before! only in peoples dream! and he gets hes victims alones, he goes from behinde and puff ek+1 to the POWERFULL junonh.. hes so powerfull i never saw so much power on a nacked guy ( no counting with stalone offcourse) well u have to see he has a nice body to he always nacked he probably does gym to... thats what i can tell u about junonh!! thats is what i see everytime when i play hb and fear..

I approve this message.

lol loker and GuardiaN did that on nem1 like 5 years ago