Sign in to follow this  
Zucchini

Dk Add-on.

So, as the topic says, i am in a belief we could have an add-on in the DK weapons gallery.

As there have been statements how the server admins should lower the PA of dk armors or all sorts of things to do about them, i dont see that happening. So im gonna proprose a new weapon, DK bow. This would bring a new level of fighting against mages, and why not against warriors. Would bring a whole new level of hunting and training aswell.

What im thinking about the abilities of DK bow would be somewhat the following:

When you go up the stages of upgrading the bow, there would be abilities like poisoning, strip or even paralyzing affects. Lemme try and explain something of them.

Poisoning = Shouldnt be added to the bow at the early stages, would kick in at like +10 or higher. The poison should be just so "deadly" that without good poison resistance you would die due to it, also would increase the cure spell using, which at the very moment, is somewhat useless imo.

Strip = Well theres a funny ability, would annoy people right off! This is an ability that should really have an affect at +15, if it would be a noticeable possibility of strip.

Paralyze = As for what goes for paralyzing im also thinking that it shouldnt have the greatest affect at the very beginning, but would work at +15. Im thinking that it could paralyze someone at the point you reach +10, time of paralyze would go up to 2-3 secs and so on.

I know something like this would be alot to ask, but i hope you like the idea!

Thanks!

Alright, based on a GM opinion, ill continue about the ideas based on poison only.

So, a bit deeper thought about that one was that the damage of the poison damage that the bow would cause, could be reduced by using PR set (the higher % the less damage you take), ofcourse. Yet the cure spell could be enough to take the affect out completely, but who has time casting cure all the time? Would bring some interesting ways to fight.

Also if something like this would go down, the poison should affect on monsters, so killing HC's/TW's would be a bit easier with a bunch of people with good DK bow.

I really like this idea. DK Bow would be awesome, ESPECIALLY for hunts! Would be a great advantage to have. And also, you will see a few more people trying to get maj++. Got my vote :rolleyes: *Thumbs Up!*

Edited by VR-six^

Im a war and i think you shoudlnt paralize a mage with a bow cuz that would make him quit. I see this problem, 4-6 wars using that dk bow with para and stripping :blink: would make paralize spell useless since 10 dex mages cant defend from bows :) . I find poison more reasonable, and making stated arrows (pois, crit, sharp, anc etc etc) drops instead of those crapy sp potions. Last option stated bows like stated dark elf and stated long bows, and mabye dir bows.

Last option stated bows like stated dark elf and stated long bows, and mabye dir bows.

I can hear the mages whimpering already.

Yeah do i agree on paralyze/stip being a bit "extreme" for now, but i think both of them could have been made reasonable if the thought and time would be given.

So mostly poisoning ability would be the peoples favourite.. Hoping for more GM opinions, (or the boss) !

The thing is: if u like poison then "Poison Arrows" would be the solution.. but i like the DK bow.. and it will rlly help in TW hunts etc.. thats true Sodomator

Yeah about TW/HC or other hunts that are done with bow, with a DK15 bow user you could replace up to maybe 3 normal direct bow users?

I'd been trying to think the requirements of the bow.. normally its DEX based, so 200 dex? "full swing" 104-130str maybe?

Nice to see people like the idea :o

Poison? y dun jus make stated bows drop? eg. PD55 direction bow, long bow, composite bow etc

DK15 bow? damage will outshine DE bow, so i guess i vote no :P unless DE bow damage is adjusted.

Rares should remain rares, shouldnt be overshadowed by DK stuff (obtainable by all).

Thanks for reading.

Jus my 2 cents.

Alternate suggestion -

1. Remove fire bow (2d5) & replace wif DK bow (2d5) but only up to max +6 or 7, like DK rapier if i'm right lol

2. Add fire & poison arrows to Blacksmith but price it higher so GOLD plays a more important role.

3. Or jus keep current settings & make all BS bows as stated drops :P

I like the DK Bow idea but after reading all the comments up there im begining to question it aswell.

I think the DK bow is a great idea and all too but, maybe the upgradeable option might be too much aswell.

It would maybe be best (like the person above me said), only make it upgradeable to +6 or +7.

And i also would like to see statted bow drops. Bows use to be very very usefull for stunning mages. But now with the M.Shield and Tower and those 50dex mages, it doesnt stun anything, barely gets through DKSet.

Edited by VR-six^

I think new ideas are good.. but I think we should have only the psn effect, and to be honest... i rather see hold person effect than paralyze... that is too much :S i definitely think the best of all of those is the poison :) but +15 is too much dmg.

As for str requirement, I suggest 156+ with dex because at 104/130... everyone will just be the cookie cutter 130str/50dex/195int/150mag/vit now with a bonus bow advantage... so to me, it should be reserved for warriors, not blizzwars.

At least 130 str and 100 dex so, this reserves the warriors. Remember server is now 60% mages and 40% wars.

lol stop making this numbers your such a drama queen

i think its a great idea!3 blizz mages can kill a warr in 2 secs flat so why not a bow class? get 4 archers together and rape mages or own warrs from a distance such as on a cliff. why not be able to get an ek with a bow? why not do a significant amount of dmg with a bow?

just make it harder to get + on your dk bow such as

dk2 = 10 maj

dk4 = 30 maj

dk6 = 50 maj

dk8 = 70 maj

and then have psn arrows or fire or para arrows? para arrows could be rare drops! or whatever i think that this is a great suggestion just needs to be thought through and discussed

I also know that there are some other servers that made a bow class work out, im not suggesting a bow class be made, but stealing ideas wont hurt!

Edited by jokalotus