Sign in to follow this  
MrBader

Pa Shields

I understand that PA has been reset so that it doesn't stack. Soooo does that mean a PA shield no longer stacks on top of the PA of DK armor? I am confused why a shield that was pretty rare is now total crap. I can understand it being adjusted a little because a light tower seems much more rare but you dont have the added attributes so a real statted tower should be a hell of a lot more rare.

While I am thinking about it why is it fair for MA to stack and not PA??

i really dont like either stacking,

a war with a ma set is near impossible to kill on a mage

while if you allow pa to stack it makes it impossible for a war to kill that char (this with a noob set)

but i would like to know why the pa shields got nuked so hard.

while if you allow pa to stack it makes it impossible for a war to kill that char (this with a noob set)

where did u learn to play a mage to say something like that?

and pa isnt supposed to stack and if u really wanted it to stack

u should ask them to make it stack then take saph rings and mshield out considering that would be like 50 to 60 pa right there with those 2 items

The PA armors are removed from stacking up.

it's like this:

you have a certain % of chance 1 of these 4 pieces are counted to absorb damage:

X% for Plate

X% for Legs + Pants

X% for Berk

X% for Helm

each of these 4 have an indevidual rate to be picked, the exact rates are NOT to be given out, nor are the exact percentages to be given out UNLESS and admin allows me to reveal this. (or does it himself.)

So as I explained, 1 fo the 4 WILL be picked, and then the PA of your shield and magin sapphire will be added.

your PA of your shield will ONLY be added if you SUCCEED defending yourself from the attack (your shield % determines this, at 100% you never fail the ability of PA being added !).

your PA saph is ALWAYS applied.

An actual example:

I have these items:

PA 100% sapphire

PA 21% shield (100% shield attack)

PA 9% plate

PA 9% hoses

I have aprox X% chance that EITHER my plate OR hoses will be applied, and have X% chance that my helm OR berk would be applied (which would be 0% PA !)

So this means I have ALWAYS ATLEAST 21 + 100 / 10 % PA, makes 31% PA will ALWAYS happen (due to the 100% shield !)

Ifyou have 50% shield, you have 50% chance you'd have the 21% PA taken in account for the discount.

The sapphire will ALWAYS be applied, making you have 10% PA at ALL times.

another example:

100% PA saph

9% PA shield (100% shield attack)

9% PA hoses

9% PA plate

9% PA legs

9% PA berk

I will have 100% sure 9% PA from my armor (cuz I have all pieces the same % !) + an additional 9% from my shield (due to the 100% shield) + 10% from my saph

that makes 10 + 9 + 9 = 28% PA i'd have.

u should ask them to make it stack then take saph rings and mshield out considering that would be like 50 to 60 pa right there with those 2 items

saph and plat rings don't have PA

an M.Shield has NO PA at all, it rather has VERY HIGH DR.

and DR and PA are something DIFFERENT and it a totally DIFFERENT story.

shortly explained:

DR is the CHANCE to defend yan attack, and PA is the ABSORBTION applied when you FAILED to defend.

If you have ALOT DR the chance to be hit is SMALL, but IF you get hit, the damage will be HIGH (cuz ya got no PA)

IF you have ALOT PA the chance to be hit is LARGE, but IF you get this, the damage will be LOW (cuz ya got alot PA)

where did you learn to read, i never said i wanted pa to stack.

and for ma, ok go blizz a war wearing a ice ele. neck, ma 30 leg berk and plate

lets see the dmg you can do.

The PA armors are removed from stacking up.

it's like this:

you have a certain % of chance 1 of these 4 pieces are counted to absorb damage:

X% for Plate

X% for Legs + Pants

X% for Berk

X% for Helm

each of these 4 have an indevidual rate to be picked, the exact rates are NOT to be given out, nor are the exact percentages to be given out UNLESS and admin allows me to reveal this. (or does it himself.)

So as I explained, 1 fo the 4 WILL be picked, and then the PA of your shield and magin sapphire will be added.

your PA of your shield will ONLY be added if you SUCCEED defending yourself from the attack (your shield % determines this, at 100% you never fail the ability of PA being added !).

your PA saph is ALWAYS applied.

An actual example:

I have these items:

PA 100% sapphire

PA 21% shield (100% shield attack)

PA 9% plate

PA 9% hoses

I have aprox X% chance that EITHER my plate OR hoses will be applied, and have X% chance that my helm OR berk would be applied (which would be 0% PA !)

So this means I have ALWAYS ATLEAST 21 + 100 / 10 % PA, makes 31% PA will ALWAYS happen (due to the 100% shield !)

Ifyou have 50% shield, you have 50% chance you'd have the 21% PA taken in account for the discount.

The sapphire will ALWAYS be applied, making you have 10% PA at ALL times.

another example:

100% PA saph

9% PA shield (100% shield attack)

9% PA hoses

9% PA plate

9% PA legs

9% PA berk

I will have 100% sure 9% PA from my armor (cuz I have all pieces the same % !) + an additional 9% from my shield (due to the 100% shield) + 10% from my saph

that makes 10 + 9 + 9 = 28% PA i'd have.

shortly explained:

DR is the CHANCE to defend yan attack, and PA is the ABSORBTION applied when you FAILED to defend.

If you have ALOT DR the chance to be hit is SMALL, but IF you get hit, the damage will be HIGH (cuz ya got no PA)

IF you have ALOT PA the chance to be hit is LARGE, but IF you get this, the damage will be LOW (cuz ya got alot PA)

Maybe I am dumb, but does this explain why my PA shield is junk now?

becouse if u have a pa30 shield now, instead a criti of 100 damage will hit u 70 damage ( IF u are dex mage); and before a vit mage with 158 vitality could have a pa18 wood shield and no more pa and would laugh badly to 3 wars hitting him for -5.

where did you learn to read, i never said i wanted pa to stack.

and for ma, ok go blizz a war wearing a ice ele. neck, ma 30 leg berk and plate

lets see the dmg you can do.

where did u learn to play blizzing on a ie neck my god man make and stay on a war a whole spell book in this server just wasted on the lot of you

and thank you for the stats white i said pa was on mshield though dunno if this still applies but at one time it did have pa and had about 50% so hence why i said that but we'll go off your stats

Does Saphire work? because it is never hitted =/

Magin Sapphire always worked (I've seen the code for it myself, so it must be working...)

Maybe I am dumb, but does this explain why my PA shield is junk now?

No, in the past when we had stack-able PA shield were counted TWICE as PA !

Once from the original non-stacking code and Once from the edited stacking code.

a PA 9% shield was a PA 18% shield code-wise...

The stacking was coded a long time ago in a bad way which made mistakes/bugs... nobody knew or knows about it except me and those who just read this xD

mshields don't have PA? how do they absorb so much damage then? I don't use shields with them generally...

Actually, now that I think about it, what does defense do? I know about DR and PA, but when you equip something... say plate mail, it adds about +35-40 defense... is this more on the lines of DR (chance to be hit) or PA (damage taken)?

mshields don't have PA? how do they absorb so much damage then? I don't use shields with them generally...

Actually, now that I think about it, what does defense do? I know about DR and PA, but when you equip something... say plate mail, it adds about +35-40 defense... is this more on the lines of DR (chance to be hit) or PA (damage taken)?

White is wrong, mshield wands have a hidden PA stat. Mshield wands actually have no DR, and if they do it's a very small one. All armors have a set DR and a hidden PA stat.

Like you said, DR is for damage avoidance and PA is for the damage being a lesser damage.

it's all DR way, DR and DF are kinda like the same...

DF (defence) is a direct value, while DR is an additional value...

like 50 DF and 100% DR makes 100 DF...

30 DF and 100% DR makes 60 DF ... (100% of your DF is counted...)

so 50 DF and 200% DR makes 150 DF ...

and DF is direct chance to get hit or not.

DR also give an addition on dex?

I mean, if you have 40 DF, 75 DEX and 100% Dr is it 230 DF? (40+75)*(1+100/100)?

I think that every armor has a hidden PA too.

it's all DR way, DR and DF are kinda like the same...

DF (defence) is a direct value, while DR is an additional value...

like 50 DF and 100% DR makes 100 DF...

30 DF and 100% DR makes 60 DF ... (100% of your DF is counted...)

so 50 DF and 200% DR makes 150 DF ...

and DF is direct chance to get hit or not.

And you proved my point? I don't know if you meant to do that.

MShield wand has to have hidden PA, it's the only explanation for the damage reduction. You don't dodge any more than you do without a mshield wand, you just take a LOT less damage. Yes elguason, every armor has what's known as a "natural PA."

DR also give an addition on dex?

I mean, if you have 40 DF, 75 DEX and 100% Dr is it 230 DF? (40+75)*(1+100/100)?

I think that every armor has a hidden PA too.

first of all, items DO NOT have "hidden" pa, there is no such thing as "hidden PA".

next, your dex counts partly as DF.

every dex point ABOVE 50 is 1 DF point, so 200 dex = 150 DF.

so, 75 DEX + 40 DF and 100% DR = 25 DF + 40 DF and 100% DR = 65 DF and 100% DR makes 65 DF + 65 DF (the 100% DR) makes 130 DF totally.

ok here is why people think "hidden pa" exists, or how to explain "hidden pa":

if I hit you 100 times, you have 0 DF, I will have 100 hits done on you, let's say I hit you for 10 each hit, so 100 hits make 100 * 10 = 1000 DMG.

if I hit you 100 times, you have let's say a high DF which makes 50% of my hits miss (due to high armors like DF, or m shield wand), and i'd hit for 10 each hit, it's hit 50 * 10 = 500 DMG only.

I hit you LESS, I MISSED alot which makes you think you "absorbed (PA)" damage, which isn't as I just missed on you.

with an m shield wand, the CHANCE TO GET HIT is LESS, so I het you LESS TIMES but still hit HIGH DMG on success of my hit.

I'm not exactly sure what you're smoking WhiteFang, but mshield wand has ZERO effect on making the attacker MISS an attack.

It ONLY reduces damage. Why do you think a lot of the hits are -1 to -18? Test it yourself, without using a shield (which is why I think you have the delusion of attacks missing).

I'm not exactly sure what you're smoking WhiteFang, but mshield wand has ZERO effect on making the attacker MISS an attack.

It ONLY reduces damage. Why do you think a lot of the hits are -1 to -18? Test it yourself, without using a shield (which is why I think you have the delusion of attacks missing).

ah yes, I did a couple tests and source lookups and I figured out the m.shield wand gives 30% PA to you plate PA, which makes it that you still can fail to absorb as there is X% chance that your plate's PA is taken in account (which is not 100% xD).

ah yes, I did a couple tests and source lookups and I figured out the m.shield wand gives 30% PA to you plate PA, which makes it that you still can fail to absorb as there is X% chance that your plate's PA is taken in account (which is not 100% xD).

yep :)

i dont get it, why can we stack ma, but we cant stack pa?

both are annoying as hell

why not jsut delete both and just leave ma/pa shields around

becouse magic hits all ur body, weapons just 1 spot, use common sense!!! =P

shortly explained:

Thanks WhiteFang you removed many doubts to me, does not come bad to also clarify this

Hit Probability:

Hit Probability is calculated from your DEX, you need at least 50 DEX to gain Hit Probability bonus. Your defense is your DEX * 2 + any armor bonuses you get. Maximum hit probability is 90%, minimum is 10%. Hit probability = (To hit Value / Defensive Value) * 50

from (http://www.hbportal.net/index.php/Formulae)

Thanks WhiteFang you removed many doubts to me, does not come bad to also clarify this

Hit Probability:

Hit Probability is calculated from your DEX, you need at least 50 DEX to gain Hit Probability bonus. Your defense is your DEX * 2 + any armor bonuses you get. Maximum hit probability is 90%, minimum is 10%. Hit probability = (To hit Value / Defensive Value) * 50

from (http://www.hbportal.net/index.php/Formulae)

you're welcome.

about this hitting probably (HP), yes it's true what they say.

you get various ways of HP increase from your basic stats (dex only) and additionally from armors (100 HP for hero armor) also you gain more HP from a certain weapon class, you gain HP from skill %, you gain HP from critting...

the max and minimum are correctly here.

about the formula they give you here i'm not 100% sure, I'd need to look that up in a source to know.

Though I shouldn't tell too much about it... we don't want helbreath to become a math game ;)

Also test hitting on a Naked war and on a War with DK set.

I am not talking about the total damage, im talking about the max damage.

With decent items you can hit "Criticals" on the naked war, on the war with DK set the max damage is a lot lower... (probably you hit on his berk and may be you make a Critical damage too)