Sign in to follow this  
wolfwhispr

Mage Vs. Warrior

Ok here is a topic that will get some debate etc......

Mage is way powerful with Blizz. Unless you have special items, warriors get owned by it. Warriors have the BBH with limited crits available... Blizz has huge target area to hit warrior from, warrior has to be close to cause damage. Intel for zerk, which warriors need is 59, AMP which mages need and warriros always ask for is 112. To even field a little how about lowering the intel for AMP so that warriors can get it too... would even the field a little

Waits for the discussion and name calling lol

-Warrior is easier to EXP than a mage

-Mage is easier to EK than a warrior

-My opinion is that mages beat warriors in long run. But warrior heroes are harder to get and more respected.

Good topic to start I cant wait to read it and see ppls opinions.

It also depends on what you like to play in HB. for pvp and sades and all that, then I think mage rules. For monsters and qwests then warrior, of course with the big baddies you need both....... but again the BLIZZ and AMP give Mages HUGE advantage over warriors unless they have hero stuff and unique weapons

Most games have easy and hard mode right?

Mage - Easy mode (pvp wise)

Warrior - Hard mode (pvp wise)

It basicly like any other game, warriors need gear to be decent to powerfull in pvp.

I think its relatively fine how it is. As was said above Mages are harder to level so therefore i think theyve in a way earnt that right to be stronger in fights. Its easier to notice this balance on a server with normal exp because mages dont get max anywhere as easily as warriors do.

Yes warriors need items to be able to put up a good fight against a mage but it is a lot easier to find those items on a warrior then it is on a mage.

There are ways to combat it, make a build that isnt a BBH warrior. Ive got heaps of HP and VIt in comparrison to most people and there are only a few mages that bother me on the server. I can survive quite a bit, but when youve got people like Popo blizzing you, it hurts no matter what. THe people who are flamers would be able to survive even longer than me. Get creative with your builds, BBH isnt the only weapon in the game.

I think lowering the int for AMP as was suggested by the OP, is absolutly stupid. Half the mages here cry about PFM, imagine it with AMP being so easily obtained.

It also depends on what your expectations are from your charachter. THis is how i think of it:

BBH warrior, low hp front line warrior that does damage. They are meant to be weak in survivability but good with damage. Good for eking but mages dream.

GiS warrior, medium damage, medium survivability. Good all round charachter.

Flamer, low damage but high survivability. Good for tanking.

You choose your charachter based on what you expect from your time in Helbreath, BBH warriors arent meant to be able to stand up to massive damage that blizz mages throw out. Dont like having low hp, make a different build.

Every build has their pros and cons. I think its fine how it is.

1st: BBH war : 200 str, 20 int, 191 dex, 176 vit and call that weak? Think out of the box, zerk isnt always needed.

2nd: About the unfairness of 1vs1. Its a MMORPG, isnt suposed to get a char that can do all (otherwise, after 2 months of forums tears, it will allow to make chars = 200 200 200 200 200 for noobs.). go play mortal kombat if u want that.

7am + buzz + weed = bad english.

1st: BBH war : 200 str, 20 int, 191 dex, 176 vit and call that weak? Think out of the box, zerk isnt always needed.

Love to see how long that charachter lasts without PFM.

In a big fight isnt suposed to be alone. Its maded to get get amp and zerk for free. And then tank and damage.

In smalls fights, u cant down his 900 hp so easily. (Well mayb u can if its played by the noobs i saw in the server)

In a big fight isnt suposed to be alone. Its maded to get get amp and zerk for free. And then tank and damage.

In smalls fights, u cant down his 900 hp so easily. (Well mayb u can if its played by the noobs i saw in the server)

4 mages 3 with fh. Pfm goes. ek+1 U need to understand that 4 mages blizz a lot and dont give a chance to amped the war. Wen u are fighting u cant time u 2 war more un from the enemy war. So i think its not a good idea not to have pfm.

bananon that build is just useless. Grow int from 20 to 32 and ull survive chance will be increased x100.

Yeah 32 int is definatly needed. There are going to be times where you wont have a chance for free zerk and amp. Half the time you have to yell to get amp.

Also, on private servers i think zerk is needed for effective training if not hunting/fighting. Sometimes there just is not enough people for party everytime you want to level unlike the old days on the official servers where parties were easy to find.

* Omg, i m not saying thats its inmortal and i already said "small fights"= i dont mean 1 war vs 4 mages ...

* Gaucho, mayb u cant time ur amp, ur wars and the enemys. Thats why is, again, a mmorpg thats is based on team play.

* We are disscusing so random thing that i said to prove vampyr that what the builds he refers to weak chars are because the zerked all. Im just saying alternatives.

So, end my opinion, to the ppl who believes that Mage vs War its unfair, its because they want to play hb alone. But its a multiplayer game that isnt based on a 1vs1 so i find useless to discuss the pros and cons about this.

Peace

remember that with warrior u can hunt big monesters, that as a mage u cant, so u decide what to do. And warrior full hero is kinda more usefull than mage hero, its +5 and mage is +3, and adds 50 hitting prob, which for a war is a big ammount.

mage is for eking thats for sure, but with warrior u get lot more item

remember that with warrior u can hunt big monesters, that as a mage u cant, so u decide what to do.
Me, KingsBlend and Jastar used to kill hcs with 3 mages. Its not about if u cant kill it, its all about if u rly wanna use way which is more difficult to kill it.

It's the same in every single server............ Your not considering low level mages.. What mages are 10 vit untill like lvl 140+?? So whats that, Easy eks for a war.

Every server the mages start out with a little adavantage. And i say little as any decent warrior can keep pfmed and there not in danger......I wil be a warrior soon and ill happily fight any mage.

remember that with warrior u can hunt big monesters, that as a mage u cant, so u decide what to do.
Me, KingsBlend and Jastar used to kill hcs with 3 mages. Its not about if u cant kill it, its all about if u rly wanna use way which is more difficult to kill it.

Its still very hard to do so, and u require good mp sets to do that. And it takes more time.

So basikly hunting big monsters with mage is VERY VERY HARD and requires lots of items. Its possible, but it doesn't mean its worth it (u don't even need to be 180 with a warrior in order to hunt). This makes the avarege mage unable to hunt, andonly a well geared mage would have a chance to hunt. On the other hand, u only need a flam or better weapon to hunt with wariorr.

So warriors DO have the advantage when it comes to hunting, despite that mages can also hunt big monsters.

warrior are more sexy

and it s not that hard to run out a mage

if u low hp

in 1 vs 1 it s harder for a war

i had 4 pvps vs vit mages on this server

2 times i m dead

2 times mage dead

so think it s pretty even

everyone dies if it s coz of lag of box or just coz anyone got arrogant coz he didnt die for a long time.

even the best mage with best item

also best war with best items

if u think war sucks in 1 vs 1 then dont do a 1 vs 1

wars are limited to criticals

mages to mana

this argueing prolly never stops^^

If you want to kill a 180 mage alone, then yes, zerk is needed, unless its a duel. Though I hope you don't plan to fight any mage without pfm, even in a group setting. I'd bet over half of the mages on this server don't know how to be a support character. :glare:

It's the same in every single server............ Your not considering low level mages.. What mages are 10 vit untill like lvl 140+?? So whats that, Easy eks for a war.

Every server the mages start out with a little adavantage. And i say little as any decent warrior can keep pfmed and there not in danger......I wil be a warrior soon and ill happily fight any mage.

This is true. If a war can keep himself PFMed, then he won't be in much danger of dying, unless theres 3+ full hero mages blizzing him. Like Vampyr said, BBH is not the only build, and not even the best build. Damage-wise, yes, BBH with zerk can do some pretty heavy damage. But don't expect it to live long against a mage unless you can keep yourself PFMed.

If you want to kill a 180 mage alone, then yes, zerk is needed, unless its a duel. Though I hope you don't plan to fight any mage without pfm, even in a group setting. I'd bet over half of the mages on this server don't know how to be a support character. :glare:

U can kill a mage 180 whitout zerk, its just all in dont get holded and after u strip him, its pretty much done.

Obviusly, the ping matter on the "hold" issue.

Thats why we jus raid in same groups always, we dont take a chance to check if the other ppls know or dont know how to support.