Sign in to follow this  
farjat

Dk Or No Dk?

no poll... i want to hear what u guys think about dk Sets as ppl already 180.

Are they balanced?

I also know theres ppl training to 130 str only this question is more focus on maybe we should take defence a little down but making comparison with the other options u have, like statted items. I like the idea of statted items having more value in game and ppl not so inmortal.

This is not an announcement of changing something, we just thinking "between all".

Thanks

Farjat

OK fair enough.

DK set that was once given by the quest was cool, was stronger the knight but not too strong, and could be dropped, and doing the quests over and over gave you more to spread. Then because of them not being bound the armor was upgradeable which ment you could get a nice set with some real work.

The Negitive Quests PLus the levels for the magestics at a rate of +1 per magestic step spent would mean someone with a dk +15 would have really earned their set.

This also would keep the sets rare enough that stated weapons and armor would be more viaible in game.

ANd the fact they could drop would ensure they were not used with out a zem or outside a sade. Thus elminateing most of the immortal factor.

Also the quest system would open up ways to introduce other dk weapons and armor and let the players choose what peices they wanted by what quests they did.

Are they balanced?

I also know theres ppl training to 130 str only this question is more focus on maybe we should take defence a little down but making comparison with the other options u have, like statted items. I like the idea of statted items having more value in game and ppl not so inmortal.

This is not an announcement of changing something, we just thinking "between all".

Thanks

Farjat

DK sets please :D 130str is a matter of choice, sure you wont die, but you wont get hero set anytime soon either ^_^

Yes I hope we get dk set, if DK physical absorb would be lowered and endurance lowered to like 8k it would be great. It would not make ppl immortal and it would be strippable

Dk set on plz.

I think dk set safe some mage. and the wand is a powerfull weapon. Without the dkwand mage is not that strong.

Put dk set again plz :D

NO DK... ppl will go down fast enough to make this game FUN =) no more 2 hour PVP or inmortal ones... i also agree with the stated items issue. And, if u dont put ON dk set.. ppl who rised manufactured skill dont be pissed off..

Spanish: no a los dk sets. Asi los pj van a caer mas facil y el juego se va a hacer mas dinamico y no van a haber mas pvp de 2 hs ni inmortales, estoy de acuerdo con los items con stats. Tambien si no ponen los dk sets se van a ahorrar q la gente q haya subido MANU (mientras el server era LOW EXP) se caliente y haga un piquete... no se es mi humilde opinion

umm. ima 130 str 50 mag so im counting on the dk+15. but as far the dk set. i think it should still be there, but the end lowered a little.

Are they balanced?

Thanks

Farjat

DK sets please :D 130str is a matter of choice, sure you wont die, but you wont get hero set anytime soon either ^_^

not if u know how to use one IRONCLAD!!!!!>.< =p

I liked Khelbens idea for DK sets gained trough a Quest system OR by drop because if you really had to do work for the DK set / weapon it would give some more stuff to do after 180 lvl and also create conflict between Ares and Elvs so people won't just sit in WH afking because they don't have anything better to do and it would be something new also. In nemesis1 anyone could just take max lvl in few days and get DK set with 1 simple command without ANY work.

The defence rates of DK armours was just too high and it should be lowered if DK armors will be added.

BBHs strip rate is ridiculously HIGH and it should be lowered alot (there already was a topic about this but it wasn't answered by any admin). A mage with full endurance manu / normal chain will get stripped by BBH in just few hits and it's just stupid because if you lose your chain which takes like half of the hits you are basically naked and BBH hurts! So imo normal armors should have more endurance or BBHs strip rate should be lowered because this problem isn't so bad with DK armours but without them it's crazy.

Besides DK sets, 1 reason of immortal warriors is M-shield wand. M-shield on a warrior is NOTHING but a wall for a warriors to hide behind when they get paralyzed. Trough tower shield a warrior is still killable but trough M-shield and tower shield you will just hit mostly 1dmg = Add an int requirement (130int) for mages to use OR REMOVE it completely! And no.. M-shield isn't that important for tanking.. just add 1 more mage and problem solved because hunting HCs/TWs shouldn't be too easy anyways to prevent mass rares on everyone.

Also to make the PVP more fun Paralyzes duration should be increased to 15-30 seconds instead of 15 because in 15 seconds a noob like me won't even get himself zerked >.<.

These are the key things on this server that have been ''ruining'' the fun from the server since I started playing and should be changed/modified. So:

-Lower DK sets Defence and make them available trough a Quest or by DROP

-Lower BBHs strip rate or add more endurance to normal armours.

-Remove M-shield or add an int requirement (130int)

-Increase Paralyzes duration to 15-30 seconds

Sorry for the offtopic but I just wanted to say everything in 1 post to make sure Farjat sees this.

Leave DK set as it was. Available at 180. Dk set has always been fine. <_<

A lot of people died even using dk set, so whats the big problem about it?

Besides DK sets, 1 reason of immortal warriors is M-shield wand. M-shield on a warrior is NOTHING but a wall for a warriors to hide behind when they get paralyzed. Trough tower shield a warrior is still killable but trough M-shield and tower shield you will just hit mostly 1dmg = Add an int requirement (130int) for mages to use OR REMOVE it completely! And no.. M-shield isn't that important for tanking.. just add 1 more mage and problem solved because hunting HCs/TWs shouldn't be too easy anyways to prevent mass rares on everyone

And when a mage fights another mage, he is virtually unkillable by the use of AMP spell. So are we gona remove amp? NO>

The game isn't designed so mages kill mages and warriors kill warriors. The only way a mage is gona kill another mage or a war is gona kill another war, is if they both agree on duel with certain rules (thats why people say "NO SHIELD AND NO PFM/AMP" during duels).

So, mshield should be left alone, in my opinion, unless of course, we remove AMP too.

Lol? It's NOT fine. It absorbs way too much dmg. Yes people die with it but it takes alot of time with normal weapons because the PA rate is so high and it's stupid that you can get the second best set in the game just writing one command without doing anything for it.

Lol? It's NOT fine. It absorbs way too much dmg. Yes people die with it but it takes alot of time with normal weapons because the PA rate is so high and it's stupid that you can get the second best set in the game just writing one command without doing anything for it.

And u can get the best spell before ur even lvl 100...a spell that makes u survive even 30 mages blizzing you. So should amp be removed too? U don't get damage at all from magic, u don't get side effects...

if they put dk back, i think there should be a differance between mages dk and war dk. Mage's dk should saty the same (or perhaps a bit lower) and war dk should be much much lower! in nem 1 war vs war was practicaly impossible or it would take like 2 houres so that any one would die. so if you lower war's dk it should solve that. the point of mage's dk being better is so that they last longer against wars (since in mage vs mage action its useles) that is because wars dont need to have a dk to protect them selfs from mages, but mages do need it to protect them selfs from wars. also its much easyer to get a ma set or an mr set than a pa set (if it works). this should give a more balance fighting chance for every one. In nem 1 i remember mages at some point were practicaly gone because wars were so immortal

And u can get the best spell before ur even lvl 100...a spell that makes u survive even 30 mages blizzing you. So should amp be removed too? U don't get damage at all from magic, u don't get side effects...

Yet I see mages dying in mage vs mage. In old nemesis warrior vs warrior you could run around in tower+m.shield+dk set and spam AHUAHUAHAHAHUAH in general and not die.

MainIdea:

If you keep dksets endurance and defense pretty low and strip rate in control it will make ppl use more statted armors instead of dksets => more fun and skill involved. By that way manuers could also have the advantage of that they develop that skill! By decreasing bbh (and bh perhaps) strip rate and dksets defense you would also actually make demon slayer,gis and battle axe usable.

DKweapons:

Keep normal. It's nice addition to game.

DKset:

Defense just lil higher than knights (pa+dr). Perhaps like 5 points? Dunno.

Endurance to 4000~

It's ok if its little better, but imo you shouldn't get too big advantage of it compared to other armors!

BBH:

Strip rate should be nerfed. Armors should wear out normally(loose end) so that those are breakable, but strip less often! (Now it takes like only 2 hits to strip normal armors and therefore its not good for gameplay.)

By that way you could actually use statted armors more like what was farjats idea!

BH:

Should modified according to bbhs strip rate, so that those would be balanced.

Paralize:

Increase to 20-10s, 15s is way too little. To make it more usefull

Mshield:

Put int req of 65. To make warriors not able tower+mshield. Disadvantage of this is that you can tank only with shield then, but its a loss that is affordable.

I disagree with xex about dkset pieces as quest or drop items, cause its just boring :) Ppl like me don't got nerves to hunt those.

I usually agree with King!! but this time I don't share the same opinnion. Mage can kill each others, you just need to time and perhaps interrupt others cast by hitting him, but its nothing near impossible.

Alot of ppl died with dk (ye it's possible to die with it) but do you really think that a mage should survive like 3 paras in row with 4 guys critting with high dmg weapons like abh and bbh? In neme1 it wasnt uncommon. There is a reason why it's defense should be changed. Also dkset practically never strips/breaks, which should be part of the game for example in warrior pvp. I think that its good if those wouldnt last _hours_

In my opinnion it's stupid to drag amp into this conversion.

Thanks.

Yet I see mages dying in mage vs mage. In old nemesis warrior vs warrior you could run around in tower+m.shield+dk set and spam AHUAHUAHAHAHUAH in general and not die.

Mage vs Mage can die, if they don't use amp. But plz, a good mage avoiding a fight can just stay amp all the time. And I've killed lots of warriors in war vs war, even if they put up shield, so its not that hard.

im for lowering the def on dk set just a lil, but all this about ppl being immortal and taking 2 hours of pvp war vs war, is for the most part bullshit, i got half a FH set on my war syko witha dk+15 and almost all my eks were from pvp and none lasted 2hours.(pvped ALOT) war vs war with a no shield rule doest last long if u know what ur doing.

point is, like king said. i killed ppl just fine dk set or no dk set.

I meant mostly world PvP with that M.shield/shield thing and wars can just equip DK+M-shield+Tower and run around and sometimes re-pfm but when they get paralyzed it lasts for 15 seconds and how much dmg can you make to a war with M-shield+Tower equipped in 15seconds even with 5 wars critting? Maby some but clearly not enough to kill the war. AMP can't be compared to that at all.. you get a chance to PFA the target every 60seconds when Mage vs. Mage and that's prob the end of the other mage. In War vs. War or 5 Wars vs. War you can just equip M.shield/shield all the time and run around and you can't make a war hurtable with any spell/item except X-weapons when he's using M.shield/shield like you can every 60seconds with PFA on a mage. And you can't even interrupt the equipping of M.shield/shield like you can with AMP.

I meant mostly world PvP with that M.shield/shield thing and wars can just equip DK+M-shield+Tower and run around and sometimes re-pfm but when they get paralyzed it lasts for 15 seconds and how much dmg can you make to a war with M-shield+Tower equipped in 15seconds even with 5 wars critting? Maby some but clearly not enough to kill the war. AMP can't be compared to that at all.. you get a chance to PFA the target every 60seconds when Mage vs. Mage and that's prob the end of the other mage. In War vs. War or 5 Wars vs. War you can just equip M.shield/shield all the time and run around and you can't make a war hurtable with any spell/item except X-weapons when he's using M.shield/shield like you can every 60seconds with PFA on a mage. And you can't even interrupt the equipping of M.shield/shield like you can with AMP.

Yea wars can equip shield/mshield and run around, till bang, u call some mages, and warrior is dead, so much use for the shield/mshield. A mage can amp, use shield+mshield and run around, un touched for a long time.

Pfa is not that easy as it sounds, yea sure u can pfa a lized target, but almost any player these days knows how to avoid pfa, and can keep himself amped all the time. And 60's isn't a lot of time, u can perfectly avoid and absorb a few blizzards with a lvl 180 mage.

Killing a warrior with a warrior is hard, but very much posible. Pvp is not all about critting and lizing.

I agre this "unkillable" warriors do exist, but it is not because of their shield/mshield thing.

Yea wars can equip shield/mshield and run around, till bang, u call some mages, and warrior is dead, so much use for the shield/mshield. A mage can amp, use shield+mshield and run around, un touched for a long time.

Pfa is not that easy as it sounds, yea sure u can pfa a lized target, but almost any player these days knows how to avoid pfa, and can keep himself amped all the time. And 60's isn't a lot of time, u can perfectly avoid and absorb a few blizzards with a lvl 180 mage.

Killing a warrior with a warrior is hard, but very much posible. Pvp is not all about critting and lizing.

I agre this "unkillable" warriors do exist, but it is not because of their shield/mshield thing.

I thought we were discussing of War vs. War and Mage vs. Mage or atleast you were? If you get a warrior paralyzed W vs. W he will just equip M.shield/shield = no pots drinked so any war can do this. And you said that you can call a mage.. well so can a mage call a war and so much use for the amp? My point isn't to argue with you.. my point is to get a int req./removal for M.shield so chicken wars can stop the dam hiding behind the stupid M.shield when they get paralyzed so Paralyze will actually have some worth. This game is about aim skill not sitting and facing someone with M.shield/Shield equipped when he finally gets you with Paralyze.

Sry i didnt read the others posts:

1-Lower BBH and BH strip rate, only Dk weapons (sword/staff/rapier), not Dk armors.

2-Dk sets, but lowered the Endurance to 1500, the PA and AP too if it is possible...

OK from a beggining we can leave defence dices as they are now, but taking out the Phisical absorption.

DK set without AP/PA then maybe M. Shields dont bother too much and we dont need to modify them.

BBHs strips yes, we nned to down them.

OK from a beggining we can leave defence dices as they are now, but taking out the Phisical absorption.

DK set without AP/PA then maybe M. Shields dont bother too much and we dont need to modify them.

BBHs strips yes, we nned to down them.

GREAT! That sounds very nice! How about endurance? It would be good if you could break dksets too :)

Well i personnaly think it would take more skill to play the game without DK sets, helbreath's endgame is mostly about pvp, at lv 180 it's all about eking, i twould be more fun and exciting wihtout dk sets, i mean dk sets are really useful in hunting, but as we've seen in the low exp server, monsters are still killable without dk sets. I think the only real loss with taking the dk sets away, are for mages, as dk sets are really helpful on a mage.

Well if everyone is 50/50 on this, maybe you could just lower the dk sets pa?