Sign in to follow this  
Sid

Pak Editors

Pak editors  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should pak editors get their eks taken?

• Yes
    • No because i pak edit myself

pak editors have many advantages to help them ek. they should have eks wiped if we want them to leave the server, otherwise ill start using edited paks. if someone catches me i can just open up a window with the official files and post a ss. i get a slap on the wrist and im off again to pak edit. what a sweet deal.

no i wont really because i hate cheaters. but you can see how easily they get off and how they think. change the rule plz.

the problem is

id say 60% of the server uses edited paks

and you wont ever know unless they slip up and post an ss or hit you when youre behind something

you cant ever prove no roofs for example...they can just say they watched your footsteps

red footsteps you can never prove..big drops you can never prove..no trees you can never prove

I didnt vote lol.

1-didnt choice this one, Wiping their eks is too much.

2-didnt vote this one, i dont use edited paks (...anymore rofl, i was the first person to post with edited paks at this forum when we hadnt a rule about it :P )

Some old Posts...

8 month ago...

Why do we have a rule about edit paks and skins????

it is useless....

*spam* post with edited paks/skins , a gm tell him to post with standard paks, *spam* post with with standard paks/skins.

1 week later, *spam* post with edited paks/skin again, a gm tell him to post with standard paks, *spam* post with with standard paks/skins.

another week later the same story.

We should put a Warning Level, you are allowed to post ONE time with edited paks, then you are warned. next time a BAN for being a cheater when you KNOW that is not allowed.

cyas

This topic also: http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.ph...amp;#entry94735

i will quote the first post.:

1 year and 3 months ago...

Edited paks are not allowed, how do you know if someone are using them when they dont post them?

How do you know if someone is really hacking or it is not the mass lag + good fps that look like he is blizzing when his hands are still moving?

I suggest that Any Gm could order to any player to Take a SS and post it in less than 24 hours.

you have to post the SS in less than 24 hours, but you have to TAKE the SS in the right moment that the GM is near to you saying that.

The SS should have the Dialogue Box opened (F9) where the GM is saying to take the SS, you have to be Aiming the GM with your mouse, you have to be casting a magic(with your hands still moving/in movement)

or May be the GM could be invi with the "GM Shield"

If the GM take a SS of the char name could help to know the time, map and name.

Dialogue Box Opened= so we know that he is taking the SS in the right moment that the GM asked to done(and you didint log, runned a quiclky update or changed your helgame hacked) and we know that is your SS and not your Friend´s SS

Aiming the GM= will help to know if you are taking the SS when the GM asked, and you didint log, runned a quiclky update or changed your helgame hacked

You have to be casting(with your hands still moving)= we will know if you were or not hacking, if your hands are still in movement and you dont have a "Sand Cloack".... you were hacking!

the others options:

May be the GM could be invi with the "GM Shield"= to check beholder hack

GM take a SS of the char name could help to know the time, map and name= check that and compare with the SS wich the player have posted

that would help to stop with the paks/skins and hacks.

the punishment would be a desition of the GM`s Staff but could be:

fist time: No posted the SS in 24 hrs = 1 day at bi and this chars will be followed for posible hacker

second time: No posted the SS in 24 hrs = 7 days ban

third time: No posted the ss in 24 hrs= he is hidding something, a big ban :P

first time: edited paks= 4 hours at bi

second time: edited paks= 24 hrs at bi

third time: edited paks= a big ban :P

what do you think, and why?

yeah well this has always been a problem and it has been brought up many times elguason

most people who still play HB use edited paks

taking their eks is too much...they arent getting help from changed game mechanics like hacks

they are getting helped visually(no trees roofs red footsteps etc)...it will never help them learn to play tho

good thing is most of the time they suck anyway

nothing you can do about it...you could ban on first time evidence but whats that gonna do? 1 less person on a server with barely any ppl in the first place

then there are the smart ones who never get caught and you will never know they used edited paks

in my opinion this is a pointless topic anymore

well i just agree with elgua again

i'd just change the Big ban thing for an ek whipe on the second or third he get caught

Tell me what im supposed to do about it then?

Come up with a better punishment than exists. Then go try an admin who still gives a crap enough to adopt that consequence into the official rules and who will enforce it consistently and fairly.

you shouldnt do anything

you cant do anything

too harsh of a punishment will just make them leave

and lets face it hb needs everyone it can get

harsh punishment would be ridiculous because so many ppl use edited paks and Dont Get Caught

and there is no way to catch them

you shouldnt do anything

you cant do anything

too harsh of a punishment will just make them leave

and lets face it hb needs everyone it can get

harsh punishment would be ridiculous because so many ppl use edited paks and Dont Get Caught

and there is no way to catch them

Exactly right. This server is already dieing, we dont need to chase people away by deleting their eks. I could name atleast 5 people right now that use edited paks, and probally triple that amount from Nemesis 1 that havent been caught. Those 5 people get a harsh punishment they are gonna go to a different server... and a 5 player (who are active) loss right now would be pretty bad.

This is helbreath, its been around for over 6 years, its not going to change. And lets face it the admins here dont care enough to change it.

well i guess its not cheating if everyone has the same advantage. you just suck at the game if you dont know how to cheat it. admins (not GM's) dont care enough to make this rule worth anything so its a silly rule. i dont blame you hunter, you dont make the rules, you only enforce them. i respect what you do. this wasnt aimed at you.

lets leave it at this: everyone on the server pak edits. if you dont, youre fighting uphill. if you say you dont pak edit, your either covering your butt or you are a noob. owell i give up. close the topic. no sense complaining about crap noone will fix.

Edited paks must be allowed for me. I never use it. I always got the ss rigth cuz i dont use paks. But for some ppl help on the fps. Edited paks dont make a person plays better. For me is not a big advantage.

Anywas is imposible to Hunter knows who use it and who dont.

Paks are not allowed but are imposible to cacht

To clarify something, SOME edited paks are VERY easy to catch, and give the player using them a clear advantage.

Just look at my topic in the SS forum. :glare:

I had posted several times that Nemesis should have their OWN edited paks and skin.

A cool skin and edited paks for increasing the Fps and make the view better with out using low details.

I had posted several times that Nemesis should have their OWN edited paks and skin.

A cool and edited paks for increasing the Fps and make the view better with out using low details.

agreed

however homemade pak edits r ridiculous

i think the only edit pak you can catch is if they hit you when youre behind something like a mana stone

any others you can prove? no

USA has a very harsh penalty:

? PAK file editors, be warned

We've been randomly checking PAK files for people who've edited their game files. While we're pleased to say that there wasn't been there has sadly still been some. Until now the punishment for this has been some what in the dark. As of today any one who's caught with edited game files in anyway will loose:

* All Hero items on the account (plus remaining eks and any flags)

* Up to a total of 25% exp (5% for each hero item they don't have, if the character has Dark Knight they will loose all items including weapon which will NOT be restored with it's current upgrade when the character hits 180 again)

* Removal of all contribution points

* -3,000 reputation.

This punishment is steep however editing the game files gives you an unfair advantage over others.

It will not matter if you share your account and it's one of the people you share with that gets caught, you are responsible for account and you've allowed the person on it.

When a Game Master contacts you, you are not to disconnect as this will be viewed as superson who isn't popularious behavior and will place you on an alert list to be checked again. Repeat logouts will result in an account lock. Refusing to take the screenshot will be viewed as having pak edits and your account will be punished accordingly.

When a Game Master contacts you, you are not to disconnect as this will be viewed as superson who isn't popularious behavior and will place you on an alert list to be checked again. Repeat logouts will result in an account lock. Refusing to take the screenshot will be viewed as having pak edits and your account will be punished accordingly.

Holly shit, they stole me the idea. I should have patented it.

-------

At the the link i posted before, there is another idea (from hisoka i think).

Make that you can only open the HB client by the Auto-Updater. I mean, no Helgame, jsut the Updater... everytime you run it , it will update your sprites, contents, etc. and then show you the Log In menu.

Will not take you too much time to log in if you didnt change anything at all.

there were a server with that, i think you could still change your paks if you have the knowlodge (as much as you can use hacks even if you run an anti-hack program) but not everyone could do it, wich make the edited paks users population decrease a LOT.

i guess 10 more people think they should get their eks taken than think they shouldnt...raise xp plz so people want to play.

erm you choices sucked

i didnt vote cuz i dont pak edit and i dont think they should get their eks taken

ahaheahehaehae nice choice

i figure if you want to vote no and you dont pak edit youll post the reason or youll just ignore the "because i pak edit my self" part.