Sign in to follow this  
Divine

Drop List Statistics

There is a list of drop available in the nemesis website. (see game info)

The exact percentages of each individual rate are not published in public.

There is a list of drop available in the nemesis website. (see game info)

The exact percentages of each individual rate are not published in public.

Yeah I know this. I'd like for them to be, is what I'm getting across.

After hunting for a few weeks it becomes a question of, "Should we kill 1000 numbers of Mob A, or kill 100 numbers of Mob B? Which scenario will give us the best chance at a rare item?" I would like those statistics to become a public availability. Can you make that happen? For I do believe this is in the communities best interest.

Edited by Divine

those kind statistics arn't available yet in nemesis 3.

The drop chance to get cancel from cyclops is 0% and the drop chance to get it from Liche, or master mage orc or beholder or even from Abaddon is also 0%. Why? because it NEVER dropped in nemesis 3, so there are no ACTUAL statistics available for those kind of items.

The theoretical numbers we're not publishing as I said before. And actuals have no use or value this early.

those kind statistics arn't available yet in nemesis 3.

The drop chance to get cancel from cyclops is 0% and the drop chance to get it from Liche, or master mage orc or beholder or even from Abaddon is also 0%. Why? because it NEVER dropped in nemesis 3, so there are no ACTUAL statistics available for those kind of items.

The theoretical numbers we're not publishing as I said before. And actuals have no use or value this early.

So a modernized list like one this doesn't exist anymore?

http://textuploader.com/?p=6&id=lafml

I'm going off of the assumption that a list of this sort is easy to ascertain given that you have the files.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is this: Is it that you don't want to give the list out? Or is there just not a list to begin with?

Thank you for your fast responses.

A list can be made from what's coded... but we just don't want to give it out. It's still helbreath nemesis, not helbreath mathematics.

IMO this is where GM/Admins should draw the line.

This new HB EASY MODE features everyone is asking is troubling me . Heck, I'm pretty sure people will at some point ask you to mark NPC that will have a first drop.

I say no to everything, droplist should be enough. If anything is to be changed there maybe something like

Helclaw:

ms10-dm1 same rate

ogre - one every 5 dm1/ms10

etc

Regards

A list can be made from what's coded... but we just don't want to give it out. It's still helbreath nemesis, not helbreath mathematics.

At present moment the Item-Rarity list isn't a good judge of what's rare and what isn't. Take for example, the fact that a Ring of Mage is listed at the same rarity value as a Merien Platemail. Any experienced player would know that a Merien platemail is a significantly rarer item. If we had a rares-drop-list with monster statistics, a new player could get a rare item, research its rarity, then determine his asking price based on factual data. In my opinion, on low-rate servers, we should provide as much information as possible to the public, to deliver a grander experience all around.

On the topic of selective hunting; we should encourage players to hunt for items that their specific character needs. I.e. A warrior has 143STR & 65INT, and wants a Storm Bringer. Shall he target Frosts, or shall he target Nizies'? These kinds of time-saving questions could be answered without Administrative input, if the Administration team decides to implement a data based rares-drop-list.

I do not know if your decision is definite or if this is up for discussion, would you be upset if I opened a poll on the matter, to get a feel for what direction the community as a whole would rather go in? (@WhiteGM)

IMO this is where GM/Admins should draw the line.

This new HB EASY MODE features everyone is asking is troubling me . Heck, I'm pretty sure people will at some point ask you to mark NPC that will have a first drop.

I say no to everything, droplist should be enough. If anything is to be changed there maybe something like

Helclaw:

ms10-dm1 same rate

ogre - one every 5 dm1/ms10

etc

Regards

In no way does adding a rares-drop-list make Helbreath Nemesis any more or less easy.

back in my day, we didn't care about this weird things, we just killed stuff

Hey, cool. I've been playing since Helbreath International Beta, which means I've played for over 12 years.

I've always thought as a player sinxe i began playing hb int that it was more likely to find a rare like cancel manual from a beholder than cyclops simply because obviously players will kill more cyclops than beholders. It's logical, but may or may not be true.

And yes, I know cancel wasn't in hb int, that was just an example.

I've always thought as a player sinxe i began playing hb int that it was more likely to find a rare like cancel manual from a beholder than cyclops simply because obviously players will kill more cyclops than beholders. It's logical, but may or may not be true.

And yes, I know cancel wasn't in hb int, that was just an example.

Similarly, I've thought that finding a SB from a Nizie is probably easier than finding an SB from a Frost. Those're the kinds of questions that I'd like to have answers to.

Those statistics aren't a good indication at the moment.. you need to give it time to build. More RoM will drop compared to Merien Plates. These stats are more relevant for the long term of the game.

At the moment its merely to let people know what has dropped.