Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Suggest Your Quest Ideas !

I'd love to hear your idea of quests to be added over time after the release of v5.40.

What's possible? ANYTHING !

To be more specific:

- Quest Types: Normal (= solo), Party (= needs party), Guild (= needs guild)

- Quest Conditions:

- Old: Minimum Level - Specific quests are available/unavailable for specific level range

- Old: Maximum Level - Specific quests are available/unavailable for specific level range

- New: Quest Completed - A specific quest must be completed before this quest can be started (mainly used for chain and conditional quests)

- New: Quest Not Completed - A specific quest shouldn't be completed before this quest can be started (mainly used for conditional quests)

- New: Gender - Your character must have a specific gender (mainly used when the reward is gender-specific)

- Old: Side - You must be of a specific side (neutral, elvine, aresden, civilian, combatant), all currently known quests are both-sided (elv + ares) so this was basically never used, this condition is now optional, without it, the quest is available to any side

- Old: Skill - You must have a specific % in a specific skill to start this quest (There were never such quests)

- New: Completed Count - The completion count of this current quest must be less or equal then the set condition (used to make Unique quests or repeatable quests with a max number of times to repeat)

- New: Current Time Before - The current timestamp must be earlier than the time set in the condition (used to make quests limited in date, Anual quests, Quest of the month, ...)

- New: Current Time After - The current timestamp must be after the set time in the condition (used to make quests available after a specific date, usefull for adding a quest earlier and giving it a specific release date)

- New: Current Year - The current year must match the set condition (used to make a quest for a specific year, mostly used in combination with current month and/or current day)

- New: Current Month - The current day must match the set condition (used to make quests for a specific month, mostly used in seasonal or monthly quests, e.g. x-mas quest)

- New: Current Day - The current day must match the set condition (used to make quests for a specific day, mostly used for special occasion days such as x-mas, new year, ...)

- New: Last Completed Year - The difference between current time and the last completed time (in years) must be equal or larger than the set condition (used to make yearly quests)

- New: Last Completed Month - The difference between current time and the last completed time (in months) must be equal or larger than the set condition (used to make monthly quests)

- New: Last Completed Day - The difference between current time and the last completed time (in days) must be equal or larger than the set condition (used to make dayly quests)

- New: Last Completed Hour - The difference between current time and the last completed time (in hours) must be equal or larger than the set condition (used to make hourly quests)

- Quest Objectives:

- Old: Monsters - Kill a specific amount of monsters. (ObjectID defines npc Type, -1 defines any)

- Old: Observe - Observe a specific location (walk within the range on the set map). Used in the past for stupid observe quests in enemy town, future use will be to make quests like "go to the barracks entrance in farm"

- New: Items - Gather a specific amount of items in your bag. Dropping & taking the same item(s) over and over won't work towards the completion, you must have a specific amount (stacked) in your bag. (items will be deleted upon completion of the quest !) (ObjectID defines Item ID)

- New: Contribution Points - Have an equal or higher amount of contribution points then the set amount. (points will be kept upon completion of the quest)

- New: Level - Have an equal or higher level then the set level.

- New: Skill - Have an equal or higher skill % then the set skill. (ObjectID defines skill ID, -1 defines any)

- New: Majestic - Have an equal or higher amount of majestic points then the set amount. (points will be kept upon completion of the quest)

- New: EK - Have an equal or higher amount of Enemey Kills then the set amount. (kills will be kept upon completion of the quest)

- New: PK - Have an equal or higher amount of Player Kills then the set amount. (kills will be kept upon completion of the quest)

- New: Gain Item - Gain a set amount of a specific item from a MONSTER DROP. Dropping your own & taking the same item(s) over and over won't work towards the completion, a monster MUST have dropped the item and you must pick it up (there's no requirement that you must be the killed of the mob, this could be a semi-requirement when Gain Item and Monsters are combined as 2 objectives for 1 quest)

- New: Gain Contribution Points - Gain a set amount of contribution points since the quest was started.

- New: Gain Level - Gain a set amount of levels since the quest was started.

- New: Gain Skill - Gain a set amount of skill % since the quest was started.

- New: Gain Majestic - Gain a set amount of majestic points since the quest was started.

- New: Gain EK - Gain a set amount of Enemy Kills since the quest was started.

- New: Gain PK - Gain a set amount of Player Kills since the quest was started.

Quest Rewards types:

- New: Permanent - This reward is ALWAYS given upon completion, no exceptions possible

- Old: Random - 1 reward is chosen out of ALL random reward types and is given to the player upon completion.

- New: Choice - 1 reward can be chosen by the player out of ALL choice reward types and is given to the player upon completion.

- New: Rand Value - This reward is ALWAYS given upon completion, the player receives a minimum of 1 and a maximum of the set amount value times this reward (e.g. rand value gold 100k -> player can get 1~100k gold, it's random !).

- New: Quest - This reward is ALWAYS given upon completion, no exceptions possible. This reward type adds the quest with the ID of RewardID to the current player's quest list. This reward type is used to make chain quests follow right after eachother WITHOUT the interfearance of an NPC that must be talked to in order to complete the original or receive the new quest. Quests without this reward type will require the player to visit the reward NPC. Quests who have 1 or multiple of this reward type will auto-complete themselfs giving the reward(s) to the player and starting the follow-up quest automatically.

Quest reward sub-types (can be combined with almost any quest reward type):

- Old: Items - Get a specific item as a reward

- Old: Contribution Points - The original quests will ALL have a permanent contribution point reward to reward contri to players, probably later on specific quests won't have a perm contri reward.

- Old: Item - The original quests always have 2 random reward types, one is Gold, the other is exp

- Old: Experience - The original quests always have 2 random reward types, one is Gold, the other is exp

- New: Majestic Points - Instead of giving a massive amount of exp to equalize 1 or multiple majestic points, this type was added to make the rewarding of majestics much easier.

- New: Enemy Kill Points - Can be positive to reward, or negative to be taken away

- New: Player Kill Points - Can be positive to reward, or negative to be taken away

--------------------------------------------------------

I'd love to see nice quest ideas with conditions, objectives and reward. Eventually a storyline (in english !!) is also very welcome. If making a more story-based quest (or quest-line) feel free to add names of npcs who'd give out the quests and npc names where to complete quests, these can be completely invented npcs and/or names of npcs. If making new npcs, it's nice to add a description of their personality and how they'd look in-game.

--------------

Current Quest Ideas to be considered by the Staff:

*none*

Sub Quests/multiple goals quests?

A quest that rewards you for killing monsters in the dungeons, but more completion of the quest requires you to kill monsters or say collect & return monster loot that can only be found deeper in the dungeon.

You can collect rewards for completing some mission objectives for D1 or TOH1 but greater rewards(rather than just more rewards) are given for better completion. Maybe special rewards for a mission thats extremely difficult to get 100% goals.

Hey all, this is my quest idea.

Ek guild quest,

Where you have to kill the person who last killed a person in your guild.

So for example, if Rast kills a hachis guild member, then hachis guild members have the chance to get a Rast quest (so to speak), for a limited time after a player in the guild gets killed.

So if at 12:01pm Rast kills joe from hachis guild, then at 12:02pm other hachis guild members can aqquire a Rast quest untill a hachis kills rast or untill another aresden kills a hachis member with a time limit of say 15 - 30 minutes before the quest dissappears if Rast couldnt be killed or if another hachis isnt killed.

i think this would be a fun quest to do, as who wouldnt want to try and take out the killer of your guild mate......

:) :) :) :) :)

tim lugiore

[ sorry for using people and guild names, but hey only using them for examples]

Hey all, this is my quest idea.

Ek guild quest,

Where you have to kill the person who last killed a person in your guild.

So for example, if Rast kills a hachis guild member, then hachis guild members have the chance to get a Rast quest (so to speak), for a limited time after a player in the guild gets killed.

So if at 12:01pm Rast kills joe from hachis guild, then at 12:02pm other hachis guild members can aqquire a Rast quest untill a hachis kills rast or untill another aresden kills a hachis member with a time limit of say 15 - 30 minutes before the quest dissappears if Rast couldnt be killed or if another hachis isnt killed.

i think this would be a fun quest to do, as who wouldnt want to try and take out the killer of your guild mate......

:) :) :) :) :)

tim lugiore

[ sorry for using people and guild names, but hey only using them for examples]

its gonna b like call of duty? PAY BACK ! BONUS POINTS !!!!! YEAAAAAA !!!

naa, dun like it lugio ... :/

multiple quest would b nice ... i mean, like wow, u grab like 10 quest at the same time, and go out to do em ... ;)

That's already comming lol xD

What I wanne hear is real ideas for quests like "kill 2k frosts in IB and earn *censored*ing 2 billion gold or 10k majestics" idk some ideas, i heard nice basics, but no really good structured idea.

I do like the "EK-revenge" or "player-target" quests, you go CH and get a player assigned to kill, you kill him and get a reward.

how about party hunting quests where you have to kill x number of monsters in x minutes.

Timed quests :)

I like this idea, I'd like to take it beyond and make it more challanging...

Reward is degraded by time spent on completing, e.g. basic time is let's say 20 minutes for 10 liches in D3, instead of failing the questing when not completed in 20 minutes, the reward degrades over time, if you'd spend 40 minutes (double the time) you get half the reward for example. That makes it challanging to go questing and requiring you to do it fast.

Anyway, I like your idea but I'd like to see actual quest ideas such as: (just an example !)

Kill 20 Liches in D3 in 20 minutes, rewards are 40 contri (permanent), 300k xp (random) and 150k gold (random)

allow u to chose gold or xp plx ty :D

As I said before:

Quest Rewards types:

- New: Choice - 1 reward can be chosen by the player out of ALL choice reward types and is given to the player upon completion.

It's a POSSIBLE quest reward type, at this point all gold/xp quest rewards are random, but feel free invent me nice quests where you have a choice.

Quest name: Wanted!!

Quest objective: The last weeks top EKer will be Wanted!!. Kill him and quest complete.

Prizes: Receive two eks instead of one when killing "Wanted" and receive 200k exp + 10 contris.

EDIT: Of course it will be aresden's top EKer for elvs and vice versa..

Edited by GeniuS

Quest objective: The last weeks top EKer will be Wanted!!. Kill him and quest complete.

Prizes: Receive two eks instead of one when killing "Wanted" and receive 200k exp + 10 contris.

I like this idea, yet need more coding to be able to implement this.

the "Wanted" type quests are quests that get their objective dynamically created, you can't know the target before it is determined using specific target-conditions (top eker last week, top eker this month, top eker in nemesis, last eker of a guild member, ...).

I'll add this "wanted" type quests to the TODO list for sure, you guys seem to be very interested to get this type of quests.

i like it too, but ... u said, if u kill that guy u gonna get 2 extra eks? so it gonna b 3 at total?

naaaa, just 1 ek, and the bonus ... :P dun b lame polar puff! :)

MR WHITE, CAN U PLEASE CHANGE THE PARTY SYSTEM?

I MEAN, MORE THAN 8 PPL IN A PARTY, AND LIKE IN LEGION, PARTY RADAR ... I MEAN, U CAN SEE WHERE UR FRIENDS ARE IN THE MAP, AS A GREEN SQUARE!

sorry for the caps, XD

MR WHITE, CAN U PLEASE CHANGE THE PARTY SYSTEM? I MEAN, MORE THAN 8 PPL IN A PARTY, AND LIKE IN LEGION, PARTY RADAR ... I MEAN, U CAN SEE WHERE UR FRIENDS ARE IN THE MAP, AS A GREEN SQUARE! sorry for the caps, XD

Yes, it is planned for larger parties, party member displaying on minimap aswell as HP/MP display at the side of the screen (can ofc choose to show full, show minimal or hide completly)

It'll come... have patience ;)

JESUSSSSSSS, FOR REAL? OMGGGGG, ITS GONNA B GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!

dang, bro, its gonna b super helpful at raids ... u can see if ur frieand are gettin facked and help him. geez so great ...

BEST IDEA EVA!

Edited by Maconhado