Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

What's About To Come...

im guess that twin mage is like the dopple something korean?

Yeah, translated directly from korean by google translator it's a "doppelganger", which is a synonym for "twin", and in english "twin" fits them better, as the warrior & mage themselfs are 2 twins (they both wear dk armors), but the "doppelganger" makes it sound more as if it's a "copy" of your own char you're fighting. So to prevent confusion, we named them "Twin Mage" and "Twin Warrior".

Here's some more about what's to come...

nemesis20110913233459dr.jpg

nemesis20110913233527dr.jpg

nemesis20110913233658dr.jpg

how strong will the twins be? how many wars/mages will be needed to kill? and also what they dropping? is test server online to test/play around with?

how strong will the twins be? how many wars/mages will be needed to kill? and also what they dropping? is test server online to test/play around with?

Twins will be stronger then GG's, but weaker then Hellclaws...

The purpose is to balance them so 3 to 4 players can hunt them together.

Where the GG needs only 2~3 and the HC needs 4~6 to be hunted, the Twins will need 3~4.

I justed hunted a Wyvern down in the new Dragonia !

nemesis20110913235120dr.jpg

nemesis20110913235224dr.jpg

as a English primary speaker. Twin sounds very childish, no offense to the staff. Since English is your 2nd language, with all due respect I still strongly suggest Reflection!

I was wandering around the Ice Zone in Dragonia and found a Black Portal !

nemesis20110914000645dr.jpg

Black Portals are portals that'll teleport you to the central, 7th area where the Black Dragon lives.

Black Portals spawn in 1 of the 6 zones that surround the Black Dragon Zone and last only 15 minutes in each zone, after that it randomly moves to a another zone (or if lucky enough, stay in the same zone).

Finding that Black Portal will take some time, but in the end after slaying the Black Dragon, it'll be WORTH the effort for sure !

Its seems to very cool, Nice work!

Btw, what about calling Paragon to the new mob instead of Twin. I Agree with Vintage that Twin sounds very chilidsh.

maybe mirror or reflection. something that pairs them but isn't too obvious.

or maybe take the names of some mythical twins. Romulus and Remus come to mind xD

or what about giving a fck about the name :>

im guessing each of those multiples tp's in the lava zones takes to each of the areas, and there's another one to tp back there?

btw, this is new dragonia, so it will still be d4 tp, and ch tp for sade winner right? Any other mobs will be there besides drags/twins?

@Exec: Indeed, you end up from D4 to Dragonia, or taking the CH tp ends you up at the portal pad inside Dragonia map where you'd enter from D4. You'll be in a "safe" area (no monsters there besides possibility for twins spawning). In that area there's 7 teleport pads, 1 where you spawned with a possibility to return to D4 (which wasn't there in the past !) and 6 pads with colored portals (shown in the above screenshots) which lead to each of the colored dragons or wyvern.

So you got the choice in the beginning, so you can go to the exact zone where you want to hunt ;)

A teleportation back to the entrance zone or to D4 does not directly exist. Once you enter one of the 6 portals, you'll be in a specific "zone", these zones are linked to eachother by teleport pads, there's 2 pads in each zone. One to go forth, one to go back. On these pads are again the colored portals of the next or previous area you'll be entering.

You can run an unlimited circle going from area to area, this can be completed infinite times but you'll never end up in the entrance zone again.

How ever, if you manage to find the Black Portal (which leads to the 7th, central zone of the Black Dragon), which spawns in only 1 of the 6 zones and disapears after 15 minutes to respawn immidiatly in another zone, and take that portal to the Black Dragon Zone, you'll endup at yet another final teleport pad. There's only 1 teleport pad in that area, taking that portal (a black one as shown in the first screenshots I posted), you'll return to the entrance zone, having the ability to choose once again to return to D4 or take one of the 6 portals to another zone.

@Lugiore: Knowing it's stronger then GG's, but weaker then HC's, you can expect some rares from them. Mainly you can figure them easly if looking up the hb korea's doppelganger npc drops in their update notices. But i'll make it easy for you and just tell you a couple of them: Merien Plate & Shield, IE Sword, IP Neck, RoAm, RoX, MS30LLF and more ;) Please note that what I said here as drops are the COMBINED drops, meaning that I just notifiy you what those 2 mobs drop. the warrior will have its own drops and the mage also will have its own drops. Where the warrior will drop RoX and the mage RoAm, so either of them has the item in its drop list. Which one has which drop will be notified at release of this update.

This is fruity, But fruity with class! i like!

True, if you define "fruity" as "something that's not in hb korea" then it is fruity, very fruity... but it's well thaught about and will be balanced making and improvement to game-play but not making things OP.

how do i get that skin for the dialog box??? :ph34r:

You don't, only I do :P

Skin is embedded inside the client, I run a non-encrypted client so I can change skins around.

We do have plans to add an auto-updater with the ability to choose your skin, so sooner or later you can expect this to come and allow you to choose this skin too :)