Sign in to follow this  
yremik

Max Skill %

im thinking that the max skill % of 700 should be raised to 800% because of the newly added skill.

and just cause its annoying to have only 700% max. u work hard on them why shouldnt u be able to raise more up.

totally disagree. I think 700% is fine. Can not have all skills, everyone will have some (dis)advantages.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

i cant like your comment, but i tried

800% skill does not change the game play what so ever. after axe breaking shield update and taming it is only apporprite to have 800% skill limit.

making the game more fun and a little easier = more players i'd agree to anything that involves a chance to get new players haha or maybe im just dreaming in never never land

Edited by Vintage

ya, man its true. its not gonna be like omfg ur super powerful now!!! so what 100% more is not that big a deal its just a skill. i dont understand the limit anyways. u should be able to get more if u want to train it.

totally disagree. I think 700% is fine. Can not have all skills, everyone will have some (dis)advantages.

I totally agree. The arguments of needed 800% max skill cuz there's axes breaking shields and taming added, here's my counter for you:

- Axes breaking shield: true, it's an addition, but you always had to choose to go for a long sword, axe attack or hammer attack, maybe short sword of fencing skill, with 700% you'll HAVE to make the choice, that's why it's limited, forcing you to choose, just as you're forced to choose and balance your stats out for a perfect warrior, ya ain't getting 200 in each stat, you HAVE to make the choice. -> argument invalid !

- Taming skill added: indeed, a new skill emerged, a usefull skill if you know how to use it right, but those who use it need charisma, they already start off with a different stat build from the beginning, a new balance is created with charisma taken in account, therefore a new balance with the 700% skill limit is needed. the base of tamers is different, they seek to fight in the wild where mobs live, it's a different strategy, they'll be less likely to fight using heavy weapons as they can't use their whip while wearing them, so they'll probably balance out towards mage side, or a DK warrior, and such classes don't need a hammer skill, therefore free'ing up a 100% skill to put into taming, making the 700% skill limit sufficient. -> argument invalid !

Conclusion: a skill cap increase has no need, you only need to LEARN to play with the new features, that's all. You're unskilled with them, start learning them instead of asking for "the easy way".

I personally always carry 2-3 kind of weapons in bag, adding such an important feature to axe, makes it basicly a MUST have, with just 700% , having normal skills as

magic, mr, shielld, pr, then u just got 3 left for LS, hammer and axe,

thats the obvious, making us "chose" isnt really benefic in any way, its just annoying to players , in normal hb there was no such feature in axe so the balance was ok,..

I personally always carry 2-3 kind of weapons in bag, adding such an important feature to axe, makes it basicly a MUST have, with just 700% , having normal skills as

magic, mr, shielld, pr, then u just got 3 left for LS, hammer and axe,

thats the obvious, making us "chose" isnt really benefic in any way, its just annoying to players , in normal hb there was no such feature in axe so the balance was ok,..

no, balance was not fine, axes were never used, that's unbalanced. a useless item in a game defines unbalance, so we gave it a nice functionality.

The original idea was making players choose their weapon type, so we made axes better so they'd be part of the choosing too now.

the point here is that having 800% skill would benefit every player for better game play. since this server had added axe to strip shields and tame monsters, those 2 skills are major skills. adding 2 new skills should allow 1 100% upgrade as well. for a warrior he must have 100% LS,hammer(if he has 159+ str) axe,shield,magic resistance, magic,arrow. and thats not including PR without PR a warrior is so easy 1 mass posion takes 200+ hp easy on top of no regen

in original hb the axe didnt have any "function" was because the str needed to carry baxe was low and baxe had nice basic base hit prob. the drop rate was higher alot players had crazy anc high hp baxes. if they added any "function" to axes then the axe would be even more over powered. at the same time im not saying adding shield strip wasnt a good idea because its great i like it alot. but why make a player CHOOSE a weapon type? do you ask a mage to CHOOSE magic type? i dont see any spells being restricted. a warrior should be allowed to use every weapon in my opinion but that would need at least 800% skill

the point here is that having 800% skill would benefit every player for better game play. since this server had added axe to strip shields and tame monsters, those 2 skills are major skills. adding 2 new skills should allow 1 100% upgrade as well. for a warrior he must have 100% LS,hammer(if he has 159+ str) axe,shield,magic resistance, magic,arrow. and thats not including PR without PR a warrior is so easy 1 mass posion takes 200+ hp easy on top of no regen

I find it pefect that if you want to use axe or whatever other skill, you have to give up another one. In my case, I dont have arrow skill and I dont feel like im running in disadvantage or whatever...

I find it pefect that if you want to use axe or whatever other skill, you have to give up another one. In my case, I dont have arrow skill and I dont feel like im running in disadvantage or whatever...

sorry dont quiet understand what you meant here

well im not saying just arrow im talking about "what if" because i've always disagreed with hb limiting players skill percentages.

eh this forums not very active haha. i mean no one is on in-game of course no one is going to care here lol

No we do care, some of us are just really busy. :P

Anyways, I have to agree with White[GM] and Svafnir here, warriors do need to choose what they get. I'd LOVE to have 100% PR, LS, Axe, Hammer, Bow, MR, Magic, Fencing, and Shield on my warrior, but I have to make priorities. (Fencing for XR, if I ever had the chance to use one ;)) Some of my priorities are stronger than others, and that's where it helps to have other people fighting with you. I personally would rather have 100% Hammer than 100% Axe, so I always keep a Hammer in my bag to strip different sets during PVP. When someone switches to DK Set, I use my Giant Sword.

It's really all about preference - would you rather strip armors, or shields, or find one really good type of each and sacrifice another skill? Sure, I could drop my PR and be weak against Poison weapons, or I could drop my Archery and not have a bow, but I prefer those over being able to strip shields.

Make your choices, and hope another person fighting with you can make up the difference with their skills.

Or, you know, we could just remove Taming and the Axe-Shield-Strip and leave it back where it was so we don't have this problem...?