Sign in to follow this  
tbone

Just Asking

Hey im just wondering if the pro coderz on nemesis can help nuudlez like me, if i get back to hb coding for fun? Been a long time, i lost all bearings in the coding world. Few years ago outpost was my hangout spot, there were a great many contributors to learn from.

And who knows 1 day i might be good enuff to help nemesis. ....right.... :P

there is bearly any english forums left, as far as i know none rofl...

maybe Ragezone, but it has many mmo's though.

mostly now days are english or polish websites that publish/release sources.

Yet NO SINGLE source can match the nemesis source.

TXT based is what HB was made originally...

Coders implemented the open source MySQL into it, but in performance it doesn't match the real MSSQL.

Only nemesis has MSSQL as far as i know...

Yet nemesis sources are closed source, only available for Sexy, Scat, Farjat, Jaapy and myself.

Becoming a coder in nemesis is very hard and requires alot skills.

If you got em, awesome, show me, impress me with something I can't code yet ^_^

nah man, im a noob coder, just thought that nemesis could have a forum for ppl interested in learning to code hb.

we're not a development community xD

we're a gaming community for helbreath xD

noob coders come in handy to do random easy tasks which are routine or time consuming for the real coders :P

Oh well i guess i will just dwld some sources and play ard with em myself, try to implement some of the suggestions here as practice. :P

Yet NO SINGLE source can match the nemesis source.

what can you tell me about HBUA source code?? they are very good, its a spanish HB server, so english community dont know them much, but they have really interesting things =).

just curious.... i know nothing about this, but they say that their source code is the best in HB communities

Edited by OuterHeaven

Depends on how you define best. Some ppl are attracted to customized servers, for example new spells or items. Nemesis sticks to original hb. I would define the best sources as those that are the most stable, and it is my personal opinion that nemesis source is by far the best, since their updates are self coded, not ripped from others. I think this can be proven in the now offline outpost, when hb went 3.72 with angels, nemesis staff coded their own while rest of hb coding community just begged for ppl to release their bugged snippets.

nah man, im a noob coder, just thought that nemesis could have a forum for ppl interested in learning to code hb.

Hey! This comunity is Dyeing, maybe we should open our doors for a Coding Subforum?

Nothing to loose, and forum will get more movement!!

We live al togheter or we die separately?

Hey! This comunity is Dyeing, maybe we should open our doors for a Coding Subforum?

@Farjat:

up to you farjat, feel free open the door for coding forum...

@outerheaven:

about HBUA i don't know anything, as you said it's all spanish.

as tbone said, it depends on what you call best... Nemesis has been here for 7 or 8 years already with very low downtime and verystable sources.

What you talk about sticking to the original, yes and no...

yes because nemesis is based off original codes, bearly modified...

no because nemesis is innovating and growing in the continuation line of "the original", we innovate and create new updates, features, abilities, possibilities etc, but we keep the in the original helbreath mind, nemesis don't wants to be all fruity, giga drops, giga mobs, giga rares, screw all that, original is the way, yeat innovation, improvement and renewal is required. (e.g. Dynamic Portals, Soccer Events, Guild System, Map Virtualization, automated events, etc etc). We add, but keep it reasonable within the helbreath spirit ;)

If you want fruit, there's a million others outside, if you want helbreath, there is only ONE, and it's NEMESIS !

i have been playing hb for many many years, and played in many many servers, and i can say nemesis and hbua are the 2 more stable servers and with best updates, nemesis have been always updating and UA also have 7 years up without complete resets (just 1 of items in 06).

in one side you can say nemesis "stick" to the original (and more active staff), and UA dont, but innovate with for example a control panel with hotkeys "WoW style"

hope the 2 communities live for many more years =)

agreed, i support the coding subforum, can be interesting...

Edited by OuterHeaven

Its interesting to see a sub forum like that, I like coding, and will be an active visitor/user of that sub forum, but what kind of topic we will discuss there? How to code version 3.72? How to edit paks?

If you want me to add a subforum for coding Helbreath, I can do it. Just let me know what you decide!

Coding Subforums = OK !!

Ofc only if some GM want to lead it, like White or Audioslave!

Also if u want, delete the ogame and second life subforums...they are trash already!!!

Coding Subforums = OK !!

Ofc only if some GM want to lead it, like White or Audioslave!

Also if u want, delete the ogame and second life subforums...they are trash already!!!

If either one says yes, I'll make it.

I Appreciate the staff's efforts to make a coding forum, it wont go to waste.

@white: i doubt any1 is crazy enuff to ask for nem src lol.