Sign in to follow this  
Synz

Show Party Members On Mini-map

Thought of this suggestion when I read the monster spawn on mini-map thing.

I've heard of it on other servers and it would be really useful. just dots on the mini-map to show where your party members are.

ye i asked guildies same thing.. but no answer so i forgot this suggestion :D i support anyway. Makes more important to be in guild cos u can get backup faster than typing coords all the time

I disagree with this idea, especially because its easier to get backup. I think organizing guild should be also one of the "skills" available in game.

I disagree with this idea, especially because its easier to get backup. I think organizing guild should be also one of the "skills" available in game.

Yes, getting backup takes some element of skill to pull off and it still would in the case you are calling for backup that are not in your party. It's just really situational. However, I think the benefits of this would outweigh that concern.

Hunts would be easier to coordinate, raiding parties could keep better track of each other, etc.

The game already has enough "skill" elements (aiming spells, timing multiple targets, breaking casts, etc.) to where the skill gap between the highly skilled players and the low end beginners is pretty huge.

Edited by Synz

Yes, getting backup takes some element of skill to pull off and it still would in the case you are calling for backup that are not in your party. It's just really situational. However, I think the benefits of this would outweigh that concern.

Hunts would be easier to coordinate, raiding parties could keep better track of each other, etc.

The game already has enough "skill" elements (aiming spells, timing multiple targets, breaking casts, etc.) to where the skill gap between the highly skilled players and the low end beginners is pretty huge.

+1

i disagree with u...its just a party...the 90% of times u make it to train, not to raid...lot of servers have this tool and i think its really great...i completely agree with the idea to see the party members in the mini map.

I concur.

If you do not communicate with your guild, you lose.

I concur.

If you do not communicate with your guild, you lose.

If this weren't an international server, I would agree with you. Not everyone can communicate with one another, because not everyone speaks the same language.

The easiest way to communicate is through voice communications out of game and not all people do (or are even able to do) that.

In most cases of back-up (in my experience), I'm not in a party with the people I'm calling for back-up. So, this idea wouldn't even help in that situation very often.

add health bars indicators,

add necromancer

add andariel

rename to diablo 2

nais IDEA

Have you ever heard of cords?

they are there for a reason, they work in any language , they are legit to use

Edited by Moha

add necromancer

add andariel

rename to diablo 2

nais IDEA

stone of jordan plx

add necromancer

add andariel

rename to diablo 2

nais IDEA

Why yes, I have heard of "cords", its another word for strings or ropes.

Coordinates is the word you're trying to use. Locations based on coordinate planes are an old, crappy game mechanic...instead of having to type a new coordinate pair every minute, you can just look at where your party members are on the mini-map. Also, you're looking at it purely from a PVP perspective (not that I would expect any different, since its coming from you). It would NOT change PVP pretty much at ALL.

add garbage attitude

add pathetic argument

add biggotry

rename to Moha

nais IDEA

add necromancer

add andariel

rename to diablo 2

nais IDEA

Coordinates is the word you're trying to use. Locations based on coordinate planes are an old, crappy game mechanic...instead of having to type a new coordinate pair every minute, you can just look at where your party members are on the mini-map. Also, you're looking at it purely from a PVP perspective (not that I would expect any different, since its coming from you). It would NOT change PVP pretty much at ALL.

add garbage attitude

add pathetic argument

add biggotry

rename to Moha

nais IDEA

+1

add necromancer

add andariel

rename to diablo 2

nais IDEA

add garbage attitude

add pathetic argument

add biggotry

rename to Moha

nais IDEA

+1

good idea, pls add it into the next patch :D