Sign in to follow this  
Rabbi

Flam Warrior/dk Sword

I already have this topic in "elvine" forum but I think no one checks that forum so remaking it here.

Is flam warrior any good in pvp? And I mean Anc hp70+ flam :) Not bs flam ofc hehe. Flam default hp versus players sucks and dmg is not too great I know I know...

Or would dk+8 already be better for pvp than ANY flam out there? DK sword is awesome pvm ofc but too too great for pvp.

Just wondering if someone has tried pvp with good flam! B)

Edited by Rabbi

Anc Flam Hp91

end the story

ty

But how does it compare to DK+8/DK+15? After using a 50 mag 59 int DK15 Warrior for a while, I think that the damage is too low for 1v1 in PVP. In a large group, it's not bad. Swings are good, but crits suck.

As far as PVM, it's GREAT.

Anc Flam Hp91

end the story

ty

But how does it compare to DK+8/DK+15? After using a 50 mag 59 int DK15 Warrior for a while, I think that the damage is too low for 1v1 in PVP. In a large group, it's not bad. Swings are good, but crits suck.

Aren't DK15 crits equally bad? :P (PvP) Or did you mean str130 warrior in general?

Du^^, do you actually have anc hp91 flam? :S

du has the only hp91 anc flam, and it rox. Its crits are nice and hit almost every time, aswell as having 3 crit range. Only downside is its normal hits are pretty low, but still hit very often.

anchp91>dk15 for crits/zerk

anchp91<dk15 for normal hit/dash

according to dice, anc gis is only 3 more max dmg then anc flam.

Anc Flam Hp91

end the story

ty

Jing:My compare to dk8/dk15 is that dk8 is hp more ?or im wrong.And dk15 is more dmg then dk8 and looks pretty :).

Rabbi: Yeh I do, I have that flam for a long time got a it from friend that dont play more :( . I had play it as in ampwar/Bmage/now war 200str with bbh+ and anc flam hp91 good combo for pvp.

Jun: Jun have flam+3+7 end of story lol

Aren't DK15 crits equally bad? :P (PvP) Or did you mean str130 warrior in general?

I meant DK15 specifically. Swings = good, crits = bad.

Jing:My compare to dk8/dk15 is that dk8 is hp more ?or im wrong.And dk15 is more dmg then dk8 and looks pretty :).

Rabbi: Yeh I do, I have that flam for a long time got a it from friend that dont play more :( . I had play it as in ampwar/Bmage/now war 200str with bbh+ and anc flam hp91 good combo for pvp.

I think DK15 has more HP than DK8, but I'm not sure on that. I dont know if DK15 > HP91 Flam in HP, HP91 flam might be better in HP.

I agree, DK15 looks very pretty. I just got it on my mage now too. :D

I meant DK15 specifically. Swings = good, crits = bad.

I think DK15 has more HP than DK8, but I'm not sure on that. I dont know if DK15 > HP91 Flam in HP, HP91 flam might be better in HP.

I agree, DK15 looks very pretty. I just got it on my mage now too. :D

Well, im for sure anc flam hp91> Dk15 sword. :)

Bump for old topic.

I now have dk6 with str130 dex200 vit158 int59 mag50 build. I love the build but dk6 sucks for PvP SO MUCH. The crits are laughable.

How much better, if at all, is dk8 templar?

Also, how good gis do I need to make it worth it to up str to 156? I have crit5 hp21 GiS.

Agreed completely, DK crits SUCK in PVP, even with DK15.

I used a Crit+5 HP21 GiS for a while, and I have to say it's pretty good. The crits are noticeably better than DK15, but still not extremely high every crit.

If you go for GiS, I'd say use DK15 for normal swings on mages, and have the crit gis ready for critting, or for use on wars.

I used a Crit+5 HP21 GiS for a while, and I have to say it's pretty good. The crits are noticeably better than DK15, but still not extremely high every crit.

If you go for GiS, I'd say use DK15 for normal swings on mages, and have the crit gis ready for critting, or for use on wars.

Thanks for reply. But is it worth losing 26 vit? And anc flam with high HP beats the GiS for overall pvp I think. But first I need that said flam hehe...

having just 1 dk set flamb wars are useless in 1 vs 1, any war with strip would end up killing em as u would strip plate and he wouldnt =/

Thanks for reply. But is it worth losing 26 vit? And anc flam with high HP beats the GiS for overall pvp I think. But first I need that said flam hehe...

well, you DO need stripping (specially pvp against mages) so by putting those extra str points you can use a hammer too.. and stated horned helms as well.

having just 1 dk set flamb wars are useless in 1 vs 1, any war with strip would end up killing em as u would strip plate and he wouldnt =/

This.

Also, if you can find a decent Hammer (156 Str), that will really help with mages that like to use mp/hp sets.

If you can get a decent gis and half-decent hammer, I'd say it's worth it as I have both, and enjoy it very much.

This.

Also, if you can find a decent Hammer (156 Str), that will really help with mages that like to use mp/hp sets.

If you can get a decent gis and half-decent hammer, I'd say it's worth it as I have both, and enjoy it very much.

Yeah I'd still have 132 vit which I consider high. Mass vit (158) characters just make you feel so comfy hehe! And about hammers yes, I hate it that mages can keep on going pretty much forever. Flam war can still kill mages though but needs quite a few succesful paras.

Oh, and I think warrior vs warrior pvp is pretty much all about items. Mage vs War skill can outweight gear easily but war vs war not so much.

du has the only hp91 anc flam, and it rox. Its crits are nice and hit almost every time, aswell as having 3 crit range. Only downside is its normal hits are pretty low, but still hit very often.

exactly this...unless...and this is something i noticed

if the pvp is a mage and she is running away, i love the DK crits in the back

' date='Jun 13 2010, 01:09 AM' post='323483']

Thanks for replies all.

I think I might go for str182 dex200 vit133 int59 mag23 at some point. Just not sure how I can live with low mag :)

Since I love discussing builds heres another question: Has anyone ever been able to get pfm/para warrior really work? What are your experiences with warriors without zerk?

I have another warrior with str200 dex200 vit151 int36 mag10. It's nice and simple to play but the only downside is super slow leveling and poor soloing capabilities. It's very strong in group PvP though and not too bad 1v1.

those builds are meant for servers with exp 1x

on high exp servers, zerk builds are generally more attractive due to their huge solo capabilities and fast leveling

Thanks for replies all.

I think I might go for str182 dex200 vit133 int59 mag23 at some point. Just not sure how I can live with low mag :)

Since I love discussing builds heres another question: Has anyone ever been able to get pfm/para warrior really work? What are your experiences with warriors without zerk?

I have another warrior with str200 dex200 vit151 int36 mag10. It's nice and simple to play but the only downside is super slow leveling and poor soloing capabilities. It's very strong in group PvP though and not too bad 1v1.

I've had an awesome 38int / 50mag build, but that build kind of requires you to have some1 else to play with (38int for summons).

Edited by Ruutu / Risti

Thanks for replies all.

I've had an awesome 38int / 50mag build, but that build kind of requires you to have some1 else to play with (38int for summons).

38 int built is nice if you have FH, since you won't miss any hits, and the high damage crits put up for the lack of zerk.. also its really nice in big fights... but its horrible to train/pvp i think.

Edited by letrita