Sign in to follow this  
Jelou

2 Guildmaster

Disculpen escriva en espa?ol pero taria bueno q le pongan una contrase?a al wh guild dado de que hay gente en el guild q no es de tanta confienza para dejar depositada ahi una xelima o una ice. opinen

Me parece que eso se va a manejar con los rangos que van a implementar. Onda, que solo los GM, cogm y algun que otro rango alto puedan manejar los items que se guardan ahi.. Y esos rangos me imagino los va a decidir todos el GM del guild..

Disculpen escriva en espa?ol pero taria bueno q le pongan una contrase?a al wh guild dado de que hay gente en el guild q no es de tanta confienza para dejar depositada ahi una xelima o una ice. opinen

TUby: IT'd be good to protect the guild WH with a password 'cause there might be a non-reliable guildsman and valuable rares such as xelima or ice weps could be protected.

Me parece que los players de cierto rango en el guild pueden acceder a ese guild wh.

I think that only players with a certain guild lvl can access to that guild wh.

Right White?

TUby: IT'd be good to protect the guild WH with a password 'cause there might be a non-reliable guildsman and valuable rares such as xelima or ice weps could be protected.

ah, you get to a point of protection of the guild wh.

I'll give a little bit more info on this matter of the guild wh security.

As we have the Bank Pages in nemesis, we'll re-use this same bank page system for the guild warehouse.

Every page will be for a different guild rank.

(Only 1 page is used by 2 ranks which are equal in trust to be given).

Anyone can deposit in ANY page, but you need the specific rank to withdraw from that page.

small example:

guild wh bank page I (1) is used for the Guild Master only, which means ANY guild member can deposit an item in that page, but ONLY the guild master can take items out of the page !

If we come to guild members, nobody trusts a new commer, therefore we call him a member.

He's part, but not entrusted yet.

A guild member only has access to the 10th page (page X).

A more entrusted guild member, we call Veterans.

Their abilities within the guild are equal to guild members, except for the guild wh access.

Guild Veterans can access page X (10) and IX (9).

So, if I'd be a guild master, and have an x-rap or other rare items to share in my guild, i'd put them in page IX (9).

That way I know for sure only my most trusted members (Veterans) and my higher ranked guild members (leader, commanders and captains) can access my x-rap.

This way of warehouse behavior and rank availability is sufficient enough to prevent, or massivly reduce item theft.

Appart of this different paging/rank system within the guild warehouse, there are also logs kept.

This allows the guild members to view the activity in the guild warehouse.

And, the guild wh behavior (deposit/retrieve) is ALSO logged in GM log files (as are any items you drop, what you say, what monsters drop, who you kill, etc etc etc...)

I had have been brainstorming on this security issue, and that different guild ranks brought me to the idea.

A Guild is supposed to be based on trust and friendship.

Those entrusted and worthy enough, will earn a higher rank.

(Ofcrouse the Guild Master and Guild Leader are the ONLY ones who can change guild ranks of other members)

ah, you get to a point of protection of the guild wh.

I'll give a little bit more info on this matter of the guild wh security.

As we have the Bank Pages in nemesis, we'll re-use this same bank page system for the guild warehouse.

Every page will be for a different guild rank.

(Only 1 page is used by 2 ranks which are equal in trust to be given).

Anyone can deposit in ANY page, but you need the specific rank to withdraw from that page.

small example:

guild wh bank page I (1) is used for the Guild Master only, which means ANY guild member can deposit an item in that page, but ONLY the guild master can take items out of the page !

If we come to guild members, nobody trusts a new commer, therefore we call him a member.

He's part, but not entrusted yet.

A guild member only has access to the 10th page (page X).

A more entrusted guild member, we call Veterans.

Their abilities within the guild are equal to guild members, except for the guild wh access.

Guild Veterans can access page X (10) and IX (9).

So, if I'd be a guild master, and have an x-rap or other rare items to share in my guild, i'd put them in page IX (9).

That way I know for sure only my most trusted members (Veterans) and my higher ranked guild members (leader, commanders and captains) can access my x-rap.

This way of warehouse behavior and rank availability is sufficient enough to prevent, or massivly reduce item theft.

Appart of this different paging/rank system within the guild warehouse, there are also logs kept.

This allows the guild members to view the activity in the guild warehouse.

And, the guild wh behavior (deposit/retrieve) is ALSO logged in GM log files (as are any items you drop, what you say, what monsters drop, who you kill, etc etc etc...)

I had have been brainstorming on this security issue, and that different guild ranks brought me to the idea.

A Guild is supposed to be based on trust and friendship.

Those entrusted and worthy enough, will earn a higher rank.

(Ofcrouse the Guild Master and Guild Leader are the ONLY ones who can change guild ranks of other members)

Nice info, and 1 more question, if there's a guildsman that took an item, and the Guildmaster or guild leader bans that member while he has the item that took from guild WH, the item returns to the guild WH or what?

Nice info, and 1 more question, if there's a guildsman that took an item, and the Guildmaster or guild leader bans that member while he has the item that took from guild WH, the item returns to the guild WH or what?

Directly answered: no, the item will not be returned.

Explenation:

The Guild Warehouse is a deposit and retrieve instance, it's not a lending instance.

Item Lending, including from the guild warehouse, it a possible other feature comming to helbreath nemesis.

If this lending feature comes, you'd be able to lend your items (max 1) to somone else, the one you lend it to, wouldn't be able to drop, trade or lose the lended item in ANY way, not even on death or attemp to drop it on the ground.

Aproximatly same would be applied to the guild wh, you can deposit an item and determine the duration of the lending on deposit.

The one who takes it out (not the owner) would be able to use this guild item for the set period by the depositer.

The lender can't drop, trade or lose the lended item in ANY way, not even on death or attemp to drop it on the ground.

The lend feature for guild wh would come aside of the current deposit & retrieve as not all items you put in the wh are for lending, some are for the guild, first comes, first serve.

Lending makes a great risk and needs alot brainstorming on how it should be done.

There must always be a limit of items to lend to another, or have lended from another players.

Making it unlimited, you lend eachother your sets, and you'll never drop the items anyway.

Or even put em on your own char, which is in farm wh, lend it to your main char to use them, and you won't even need any zems anymore to carry any rare items, never worry about death.

That's the kind of behavior or gameplay we want to prevent if we make the lending system come to nemesis.

But for now, lending is not scheduled for a future update.

what an improvement White!!! really insane good job. Gonna make the guild system own any server out there!

Cant wait to try out having medusa sword in GWH :D joking

gj!

Guild Rank Changing Interfaces & Messages:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

You see a couple of the ranks are unavailable, it means you cannot assign them, or the maximum assignments for that rank has been reached.

Also you cannot change your own guild rank.

You can't change the guild rank of the guild master.

You cannot change anyone's guild rank during crusade time !

Nice job white it looks good did it cost u a couple of hours to fix it or weeks? lol great work man keep it up!

Every SS I post, is a piece I finished and tested completly.

So if you look at the time stamps of prev SS and the last one, you'll see only a matter of hours difference ;)

Need to know, I still talk to people trough msn, check the forums etc while doing the coding ;)

As promised, here you see 2 SS which prove the new guild system will allow bannishing a guild member (who is bann-able ofcrouse) while he (or she) is offline:

IPB Image

You clearly see Leader is offline.

IPB Image

Here you see that Leader is gone from the list, and I receive the message that I've successfully banned the guild member from my guild.

Extra notes:

- Only Guild Masters and Guild Leaders can ban other guild members

- A Guild Master CANNOT be banned (as it would lead to guild dismission !)

- You cannot ban yourself from your own guild, you need to use the "withdraw from guild" part for that (as it requires guild succession ticket !)

- If the banned member is offline during the ban, he'll receive the message that he no longer belongs to a guild at the next login. A member who's online during the banning will be notified immidiatly that he no longer belongs to a guild, even if he's on a different map (game server) !

-> Identically when changing a guild rank, a member who's offline during a rank change, will be notified at next login. A Member who's online during a change will be notified immidiatly, even if he's on a different map (game server) !

wow, this is going to be really nice...it seems that u are working hard on this, gratz.

hey white, are other players, allied, and enemys, going to be able to see our guild rank status?

This is pretty handsome!

One question, will this improvement including an easier way to change the guild name? Rather than dismiss it and creating it again?

Probably some cont points to do so?

wow, this is going to be really nice...it seems that u are working hard on this, gratz.

hey white, are other players, allied, and enemys, going to be able to see our guild rank status?

yes, you'll be able to see the guild rank of the player.

like:

White[GM]

GamMaster's Guild Master

or:

White[GM]

GameMaster's Guild Crusade Commander

or simeliar to that.

The indications of the ranks are REQUIRED to be shown, because the new guild system allows multiple ranks to put the build points during sade, change tp during sade AND even plant flags at heldenian !

So this rank indication is required, as you'd need to know who can, or can't plant or command a sade to focus on killing them.

Higher ranks will be targetted more often as they possibly (but not neccesarely) have more abilities during sades or helds.

This is pretty handsome!

One question, will this improvement including an easier way to change the guild name? Rather than dismiss it and creating it again?

Probably some cont points to do so?

Good suggestion, I will take thisone in account and make it possible to change guild name without requiring to disband and re-create the guild.

Ofcrouse logs will be kept on guild name changes (logs for the staff ofc)

And once again, if you change guild name, all members would be notified instantly on the guild change, those not online will be notified instantly when they get online again.

You dont stop to surprise me White, this guild update is probably one of the best (or the best) i had ever seen in Helbreath.

All my congratulations to you and the whole staff involved in it :)

Question: what happens with the guild wh if the guild is dismissed? I assume lent items comes back to their owner, what about the other ones?

Question: what happens with the guild wh if the guild is dismissed? I assume lent items comes back to their owner, what about the other ones?

you get owned.

big time :lol:

Currently any item will be lost, it will just be gone into nothing, as your guild disapears, so do the items.

But, you brought up a good topic, something to think about.

We can't just put the items into the guy's wh who last deposited the items as he might not be the owner.

Tracing back logs would go back months and months, aside of that, only up to 50 wh logs are kept for player's record. (ALL are kept for gm's record)

I think the current system will last, you disband your guild, you lost the items.

It's your choice to disband, so you take the responsibility for it.

Adding an additional confirm on disband telling there are still items in the WH might be a good choice.

Or perhaps forbid disband with items on the WH.