Sign in to follow this  
smellz

Any 1 Played Hb On Mac Before?

i'm thinking of getting a macbook but i dont know if it is compatible with helbreath. i'm just gonna get a very basic 1 because i'm poor lol. i have low knowledge on mac. as far as i know i can put windows too right? can i operate two os at once? or do i have to switch meaning i can run 1 only? can i like have multiple os?

here is the specs i'm gonna buy. i only give the important ones.

2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed

1066MHz frontside bus

2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory3

* Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)

* iLife ’09 (includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, iDVD)

13.3-inch (diagonal) glossy widescreen TFT display with support for millions of colours

Supported resolutions: 1280 by 800 (native), 1152 by 720, 1024 by 768, 1024 by 640, 800 by 600, 800 by 500, 720 by 480, and 640 by 480 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio

i dont know! i'm confused! some 1 to give me advice?

The Mac itself is compatible only if you have an Intel processor and you install Windows on it. With OS X you cannot play HB unless u can emulate Windows apps on Mac somehow.

I think it should be possible to dual boot with Windows, but I've never done this myself. Can't help you there.

Using boot camp you can install Windows XP on the Mac.

When booting in XP via boot camp, the Mac acts EXACTLY like a PC and can play Helbreath.

I know, I'm on a MBP :P

I play hb with my macbook pro all the time. I have windows installed with boot camp program. With bootcamp you can have both windows and os in your computer.

Boot camp is free for all mac users.

The keyboard adds some more challange to hb.

Example, if you want to drink a hp pot or mp pot, you have to press a combination of 2 keys.

You can deal with it, but it's not as easy as a "normal" keyboard.

But still I'm very happy with my macbook. OS X is very cool, specially if you are surfing in net a lot.

I've had my macbook pro for about 2 years now, and it still works like a dream.

I play on a MacBook pro, and it's not crap at all, specially not compared to vista. Just get xp and setup a bootcamp and you have your work comp and your gaming comp all on the same platform:). Although chugging is pretty hard, it still runs great and I've been playing for a while now and not much to complain about! (little advice, partition more than 30gs, I have to backup and reset my bootcamp cuz I need more space :rolleyes:

get it. It's a Great computer.

BUT the mac it's self is NOT compatible with helbreath.

in all honesty.. macs are a waste of money

you pay 3x as much as a PC with the same specs.. and theres plenty of reliable PC brands out there.. HP, toshiba, dell, lenovo are all decent

i want something different. it looks nice thats why. it is like brands. example u buy a cheap brand of clothes and the luxury goods. arent they still clothes? sometimes u have to be different then u can stand out. most people are using other laptops. i think mac is cool and i want to try it out. no harm right?

anyway about the mac, boot camp come when u buy the mac but how about the windows? i have to download and install or whatsoever? or do i have to buy the app?

IMO go for it, macs r so cool, i got a Mac Air, and i only use it when im out of my home.. ahhh so nice..

once u get a mac u wont come back... =)

anyway about the mac, boot camp come when u buy the mac but how about the windows? i have to download and install or whatsoever? or do i have to buy the app?

Well, if you want to get it legally, you have to buy it. Windows it not coming with mac.

And about the high price of mac:

Macs are quality products, you can see and feel it when you have one. Even how it is packed tells you about the quality. Quality is always expencive. If you are poor, don't buy mac.

I have a lot of teachers in my family and they ALL use macs because their schools do.

So...they got a MAC also and then never, ever wanted to go back to a PC

they all love their macs

i go for mac because i want something different and the design looks good. about the budget wise is not that i'm poor but after buying i would be tight :D because i'm just a university student. i'm on my own. well i'm currently checking price out and see how it goes. if within budget then i will buy. ALIENWARE 2 WIN~

mac:

design looks good

they cost alot

most programs have to be bought and its very hard to get the pirated things to work

mac looks great

macs are less powerful than a windows

mac is good for graphics design, making music, industry stuff, fancy....

hell, i'd get one if i could pirate all programs on mac.

my advice would be not getting a mac, more of an opinion though, i think they suck *censored*

Are you serious? It's like 10 years since I hear anyone saying Mac suck.

my advice would be not getting a mac, more of an opinion though, i think they suck *censored*

Are you serious? It's like 10 years since I hear anyone saying Mac suck.

probably he has no knowledge about it and just simply saying cause most people uses windows

most programs have to be bought and its very hard to get the pirated things to work

mac looks great

macs are less powerful than a windows

Remember that new macs are intel-based (just like PC), and you can install windows with Bootcamp. Then it's just like regular windows-pc. Most people still don't know this fact.

So when you buy mac today, you get benefits from both windows and os.

1 more good thing about OS X is when you want to use your TV as a monitor. It's very fast, just plug in hdmi-cable and thats it. No need for any setups. And it looks very nice, at least in my LG 32'' TV. When I do the same thing with windows, quality of graphics just suck.