Sign in to follow this  
SheGM

Client Spanish

ENGLISH

I was wondering, if i can make or help making a SPANISH client, for people that plays HB and they are of countrys that speak spanish.

Just wanna help to simplify the game experience. Even more so for people who have just begun. Thats my idea.

Leylina. Cya. :P

ESPA?OL

Me preguntaba, si podria hacer o ayudar a hacer un cliente en espa?ol para personas que juegan HB o son de paises que hablen espa?ol.

S?lo quiero ayudar a simplificar la experiencia de juego. Mas aun para gente que recien comienza. Esa es mi idea.

Leylina. Saludos. :P

Obviously.

i dont care how much time or work do it take me.

Just wanna help. :)

For example, my mother wanna play. (this is real XD)

and she dont understand NOTHING of english.. and its the double of difficult.

Imagine, people any age.. more young people for example 12 years old,

or youngest. Its more difficult to understand the GAME for them.

Thanks for replying. Cya.

Its probably gona look funny.

But honestly, besides the name of the items, does hb really have many "written content"?

I mean:

- The welcome introduction

- The welcome introduction to maps ("You are in the shop"/ "Welcome to Middleland")

- Crusade explanation

- Heldenian/Apocalipsis open notice

- Quests

- Items

- Map names

- Spell names

- Player status/interface

Most of them can be changed through the content.txt.

Spells would go for example: "Blizzard = Tormenta de Hielo"

Items would go: "Battle Hammer = Martillo de Guerra".

lol

Would be nice, and really funny ^_^

i was thinking of changing them all.. but.. perhaps the items and spells no.

because its COOL.. to see the spells and items in english :P

But i could change them too. :)

Its cool and nice to change all we can.. more for SPANISH ppl.. and youngest spanish player..

Leylina :ph34r:

Edit:

For example.

The words like Health.. Level... Character.. etc..

all... ALL... i think is going to be cool :)

Salud Nivel Personaje etc

Cya Leylina.

think that would be great as long as I can read mine in English but would still cause a communication prob cause if someone asked me what does Martillo de Guerra do and what damage I would be like HUH?

think that would be great as long as I can read mine in English but would still cause a communication prob cause if someone asked me what does Martillo de Guerra do and what damage I would be like HUH?

ya, thats why.. i said on the post that i dont wanna change the spells and items.

because of that..

Cya

so you would only change the help messages? and maybe the text for the quests.

Help messages..and words on the client

like Health.. Level.. character.. etc..

and all type of messeges we can..

and if we can u... the messeges like You got a Health pot

You got a flam

etc etc..

we can make that telling the server to send packets to a english client and a spanish client.. etc

but that is more diff.. but the simple things yes.

so you would only change the help messages?

Help messages..and words on the client

like Health.. Level.. character.. etc..

and all type of messeges we can..

and if we can u... the messeges like You got a Health pot

You got a flam

etc etc..

we can make that telling the server to send packets to a english client and a spanish client.. etc

but that is more diff.. but the simple things yes.

I like that anything to improve comunications is good for me :D

When you say health, level etc, do you mean editing the text displayed in the F5 menu? Because that will require editing the skin and its not that easy. Particularily when all the colors for some reason just dont match up in game :P

Proteccion de flechas , Gran Recuperacion de estamina, Chupada de staminar, Ola sangrienta de shock..

pienso ke si sebastian9 pudo jugar sin ayuda y sin saber un pelo de ingles.. todos que son jovenes, pueden.

Pero adultos como tu mama, eso es mas dificil.. combiene ke lea una guia de nw en castellano ....eso ayuda mas que tener commandos o algunas palabras como 'Salud' 'Health' ..una sola palabra o lo que deci el hombre del city hall no es pa tanto.

Pero ponte ke todo sea en castellano.. y no leen una guia de beginner estan fritos..

When you say health, level etc, do you mean editing the text displayed in the F5 menu? Because that will require editing the skin and its not that easy. Particularily when all the colors for some reason just dont match up in game :P

I am a verry good photoshoper :P

Proteccion de flechas , Gran Recuperacion de estamina, Chupada de staminar, Ola sangrienta de shock..

pienso ke si sebastian9 pudo jugar sin ayuda y sin saber un pelo de ingles.. todos que son jovenes, pueden.

Pero adultos como tu mama, eso es mas dificil.. combiene ke lea una guia de nw en castellano ....eso ayuda mas que tener commandos o algunas palabras como 'Salud' 'Health' ..una sola palabra o lo que deci el hombre del city hall no es pa tanto.

Pero ponte ke todo sea en castellano.. y no leen una guia de beginner estan fritos..

No importa, hay gente que le cuesta... y mucha gente no lee guia.. y aparte seria lindo un cliente en espa?ol..

y a la gente q le cuesta.. aprende..

Hey there

It is lovely to see someone that has interest in devoloping the Nemesis client.

The problem with this could be this:

- Hard work for Admins

- The Bug list is way to high

- Probely hard to code 2 clients in to 1

- Correct spelling (present/past)

It is a good idee no doubts. But there is some changes

that should be done and thought of, before this might could have a chance to be developed.

ENGLISH

I was wondering, if i can make or help making a SPANISH client, for people that plays HB and they are of countrys that speak spanish.

Just wanna help to simplify the game experience. Even more so for people who have just begun. Thats my idea.

1. it's ALOT work to do this

2. I'm against it !

why against it?

simple, the spanish people will learn no more english, so they can't communicate with non-spanish speaking players.

We should keep English as the main language of the game, both in the game client text and the player's spoken language.

When non-english players play the game, they are either too young to play because they don't understand english cuz they don't get the courses, and if not, then they should start learnign english, as english is a globally very very often used languages.

On a side note, chaging stuff like the hp and that its probably the most irrelevant.

U only have to explain her that for example "hp" stands for health (red bar). Many people how play games, that know english, some who have english as their main language, still don't know that hp stands for Hit Points, so its not about the language, since most of the stuff in the interface is a short version of the word.

Changing the content files instead, might help even more, which is in fact not difficult.

ENGLISH

1. it's ALOT work to do this

2. I'm against it !

why against it?

simple, the spanish people will learn no more english, so they can't communicate with non-spanish speaking players.

We should keep English as the main language of the game, both in the game client text and the player's spoken language.

When non-english players play the game, they are either too young to play because they don't understand english cuz they don't get the courses, and if not, then they should start learnign english, as english is a globally very very often used languages.

What does that got anything to do with it :huh: (I mean the language part, I undertsand the "its too much work", because it is indeed).

maybe instead of changing the client we should look into making a spanish beginers guide.

because i can see where learning a new game is hard enough much less in a diff. lang.

but then again i played hbint. beta and in the begining it was all in korean ( i think ) what ever it was

i couldnt read it but i figured it out.

What does that got anything to do with it (I mean the language part, I undertsand the "its too much work", because it is indeed).

what i'm saying is that the spanish people here are either too lazy to learn english, or too young or too stupid to learn it, they arn't willing to learn it... and now you gonna put eggs under their asses by giving them a spanish client??? thats stupid, with english client they are FORCED to learn and understand english.

Yes, I HATE language changes, here in my country, belgium, we have language war for ages between flamish ppl and wallony people... they speak french, we speak dutch (i'm flamish), we get French as second language, but they arn't willing to learn dutch, when we go to their part, we try to speak decent french, but when they come to our part, they just speak french and don't even try to speak dutch, and thats what I hate !

and I see exactly same here, main language is english, spanish ppl come here to play but are not willing to speak english to make themselfs understandable to others.

NOTE: I involve "dutch ppl", "wallony ppl", "spanish ppl", I refer to a big group by saying this, but not ALL of them arn't willing ! I know ppl who are willing to learn dutch and come form walloney, I know ppl who are willing to learn english and speak mainly spanish or different language, I target a big group, but don't wanne target them all, some are good, some are "bad", and most i've seen till now are on the "bad" side, well not rally bad, but just "not willing to learn english".

maybe instead of changing the client we should look into making a spanish beginers guide.

Agree, a manual would be prefer, a game client change or something like that I dislike, a manual I like, it explains, but they still need to learn the english to really understand it.

What does that got anything to do with it (I mean the language part, I undertsand the "its too much work", because it is indeed).

what i'm saying is that the spanish people here are either too lazy to learn english, or too young or too stupid to learn it, they arn't willing to learn it... and now you gonna put eggs under their asses by giving them a spanish client??? thats stupid, with english client they are FORCED to learn and understand english.

Yes, I HATE language changes, here in my country, belgium, we have language war for ages between flamish ppl and wallony people... they speak french, we speak dutch (i'm flamish), we get French as second language, but they arn't willing to learn dutch, when we go to their part, we try to speak decent french, but when they come to our part, they just speak french and don't even try to speak dutch, and thats what I hate !

and I see exactly same here, main language is english, spanish ppl come here to play but are not willing to speak english to make themselfs understandable to others.

NOTE: I involve "dutch ppl", "wallony ppl", "spanish ppl", I refer to a big group by saying this, but not ALL of them arn't willing ! I know ppl who are willing to learn dutch and come form walloney, I know ppl who are willing to learn english and speak mainly spanish or different language, I target a big group, but don't wanne target them all, some are good, some are "bad", and most i've seen till now are on the "bad" side, well not rally bad, but just "not willing to learn english".

Agree, a manual would be prefer, a game client change or something like that I dislike, a manual I like, it explains, but they still need to learn the english to really understand it.

This is a game white...people come to play not "learn". What u say is true, but no one really cares.

Besides ley only suggested a seperate client, like many games do, so some spanish talking users can understand a bit more.

I do agree on something, its gona be hard, so probably a simpler solution like a guide may be better. Still a nice idea though.

hahahah yo antes les cambiaba el nombre a las magias por ej:

Invisibiliti; ahora no me ve

Detect; Tochi guachin

Recall: Me fui al orson

Blizzard!!: traga pasto peton

MassIllusionMovement: SeptimoRegSeco

Paralize: anoneva?

jaja qe buenas epocas :P