Sign in to follow this  
IRONCLAD

Can Excalibur Be Fished?!

Its been rumoured that Excalibur+2 can indeed be fished from water, but never proven. Some say they've witnessed it on other servers, but, a little birdy who had access to this servers files (i forget who :rolleyes: ) claimed it can't.

There have been numerous posts regarding this in the past, but as yet no one person has been able to confirm it.

http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.ph...amp;#entry30046

So, can Excalibur be fished, or is it just an option that isn't available on this server? If not, why not?!

it depends on nem. coding, if its like int, & usa yes you can fish, excal. and excal. +1, also you should be able to fish certain rings i dont remember which ones.

but this is nemesis and they may have changed a few things, and if i remember correctly you have to fish these items on a specific map. maybe someone else will remember.

As far as my knowledge goes, it can't be fished.

I don't have access to server files or sources, so I can't tell you for 100% sure.

I'll look around for Jaapy and ask him perhaps, or he could pass by here and answer the post :)

No you can't fish an Excaliber, Excaliber+1 or Excaliber+2.

Also, on official servers you cannot fish these weapons either. There is a *SMALL* chance that USA has changed this recently (they code their own stuff too now appearantly, in my eyes they aren't "official" anymore), but don't get your hopes up.

People say crazy stuff and in all my years playing HB I haven't figured out why or how these people make these things up. Maybe it was fishable in official servers because of a bug in the past? Who knows...

Guest mamadas

Also, on official servers you cannot fish these weapons either. There is a *SMALL* chance that USA has changed this recently (they code their own stuff too now appearantly, in my eyes they aren't "official" anymore), but don't get your hopes up.

People say crazy stuff and in all my years playing HB I haven't figured out why or how these people make these things up. Maybe it was fishable in official servers because of a bug in the past? Who knows...

it was fishable

(back on int)

it was fishable

(back on int)

Was? When? In what version? Was it a bug? Any proof or only a rumour?

Guest mamadas

it was fishable

(back on int)

Was? When? In what version? Was it a bug? Any proof or only a rumour?

Oh i cant recall that

When i played hb int , apocalypsis server , on the info page of fishing there said it was fishable

also gms said it was

and some1 on abaddon server was supposed to fish one of htose

i hear something about it too, when i played Int Apocalypse.

some one from Abaddon server fish one excaliber+1, i don't know if that is true but....

peoples says Rep + contri help to Drop, if that really helps then where is my Ie neck, XB sword, x rings? ;\? :( .. is probably only a legend...

whos know?

Your all wrong .. :P

Excaliber can be fished, and i have tryed it 1 time.. I didnt take any pictures of the succeed thing, and i didnt catch it..

But it can be fished..

PS

Didnt see jaapy's post.. But i have tryed catching a excaliber, at the Aresden towns fishing place at pools or was it at ML fishing spot.

But it was when the server was 140 and jaapy didnt excisted there :P

There's no such thing as an Excalibur+2 that's obtainable through a drop or otherwise.

From HB-INT there were tons of rumors on how to get one of the best items (then an Excalibur, it isn't too good today).

1 rumor was that you could fish an Excalibur.

Another common rumor was that you could purchase an Excalibur+1 from a merchant who was at the exact center of Dungeon Level 4.

I heard the D4 rumor A TON back then.

Jappy the code is there but in the pre tower of hell revision of the game they simplified the fishing code. Mainly due to guys like FishJoe and a few others figured it out and also at that time item dupers caused problems with the bloody shock wave spells.

siem did not want excalibur to get duped like that so they preemptively removed it by slimming the fishing down to one table and taking Excalibur out of the list.

It use to read like the mining code with 6 different stages for example please look at mining code

elvine d1

mineral-generator = 1 4

max-mineral = 26

D2

mineral-generator = 1 6

max-mineral = 39

noob dungeon

mineral-generator = 1 4

max-mineral = 4

the Mineral-generator line is where the type is selected the max-mineral line is how many are on map at same time...

now fishing code for map break down after it was simplified looks like this.

Middleland

// ???? ????? <--- commented out version of the fish-generator.

max-fish = 20

elvine farm

//--fish-point <---still commented out but translated for free servers.

max-fish = 14

aresden

// ???? ????? <--again the fish generator commented out.

max-fish = 25

when you looking at mining how it breaks down into the different rocks, then look at the rock table on how to rebuild the fish table. for the fish generator then it is a matter of finding the reference in the sources to relink and uncomment them out.

After assigning the 6 levels of fish on the fishing table. you can now assign it the same way they are on the maps for example what you see as noob dungeon only has rock types 1 2 3, you assign the fish types the same way. Picking the harder to fish on maps to restore the rarer item fishing to them. say towns would have only types 234 where farms would have type 123 bleeding isle and the gardens and hunt zones would have 12345 and of course in middle land 123456. The coding would be visible in the sources and on the map information files. Using the mining as a base you can restore fishing back to what it was on int prior to the toh expansion.

Be as it may Current nemesis In all honesty most likely since it was running on the free sources prior to the sql update may have been lucky to have the fish-generator uncommented out hence the sightings, since the sql update that is most likely commented out therefore not in the game.

Take a look there for your inspiration jappy, you may become a hero if you can

A. fix the fish-generator

B. convince the admins to return it to the game.

Khelben.

actualy bleeding isle where you dont drop nothing and no one gets an ek off you is a great place to fish, you sit back with a couple buddies and yack it up while fishing. time flys with out a macro,

one of my favorite things to do was try to fill bleeding ilse with fish.

stand in one spot til you catch then move one step away from the water rinse lather repeat til your too far from the water and then start the next row

you hit 100% before you get half way round the ilse.

Guys, be realistic... Excaliber+2 isn't even in the Item.cfg so how can you fish it?

It hasn't been in the Item.cfg since v2.03... unless you guys are talking about some ancient version of Helbreath. But who cares about that?

Well. To make things short. It's not really important wether it's possible on OTHER servers. All I can really guarantuee you is that it's not fishable in Nemesis. raMz probably dreamt about it or something, I dunno where else he would get it from... lol

Seriously xDD

Make a pool in the centre of D4 where you have a tiny chance of catching a normal xcal, tell people about it, and see what happens.

Guest mamadas

Guys, be realistic... Excaliber+2 isn't even in the Item.cfg so how can you fish it?

It hasn't been in the Item.cfg since v2.03... unless you guys are talking about some ancient version of Helbreath. But who cares about that?

Well. To make things short. It's not really important wether it's possible on OTHER servers. All I can really guarantuee you is that it's not fishable in Nemesis. raMz probably dreamt about it or something, I dunno where else he would get it from... lol

Seriously xDD

as i said before

no it can not be fished

and yeah it was fishable before but not now

wow syn, Wtf?

Merchant from d4???

that is new to mi !!!

take to mi one?

yeah - it was a really widespread rumor in HB Beta. iz hax.

and I don't remember a +2 ever existing actually...+1 yes.

Don't listen to the lies that administrators are spreading!

I have fished an excalibur out of a lake before! It was shiny and +1 and I was really surprised! =O)