Sign in to follow this  
vinshon

Pro & Cons Of Mage Builds

i have a ancient ss with rep dmg, and i also got a hp49 shield.

The thing is with ss or rapier discussion, SS has better crit damage, rapier has better normal swinging dmg, but ill only be pulling out my swords for that 18 crits, after 18 ill be using my staff again. so SS will be better suited? right?

indeed.

or 30str light tower and agile rapier with high hp. but first its more wiser to take 40str then get the needed items (light tower/high pa shield/agile rapier) and if u still feel like needing more vit then use majestic points to take 30str.

as Dimora says here, go for 40str first and if you get the nais itenz for 30str mage change it with majes.

Yes I never thought you would use rapier for anything else but crits, but why I recommend you rapier is the crit range and the supportive aspect of it, you will stun mages, help wars to crit them and once in a while get lucky ek. You can still have short sword, I even recommend that but coz of its short crit range its not as effective as rapier.

u realy think that u can kill some1 with ur SS? thats bullshit, dex mages use their weapons for cast interrupt and stun, and fencing is alot better for that purpose, because of very high crit range...

Certainly rapier helps more in the stunning which helps war kill another mage.

Yet, after blizzing a mages, when he amps, SS does have more dmg, and u can actually kill a mage if his hp was low (SS hitting for 20-30, while rapier hitting for 9-20).

So basicly, the same story:

- rapier = group pvp

- ssword = 1vs1 pvp

cheers :o

u realy think that u can kill some1 with ur SS? thats bullshit, dex mages use their weapons for cast interrupt and stun, and fencing is alot better for that purpose, because of very high crit range...

F-A-I-L.

You do know you can crit for nearly 60 with SS right? In a PVP if you run out of mana entirely you can throw all those crits into someone. Someone like yourself will underestimate the power of SS.

Dagger > SS because daggers are small which means you can secretly gank people without them knowing =O)

I've killed about 7 mages with my SS's before, and I can fly non-DK mages and naked wars (even 180s) with them. Rather fun, actually. :lol:

I've killed about 7 mages with my SS's before, and I can fly non-DK mages and naked wars (even 180s) with them. Rather fun, actually. :lol:

hahah i want to do that too... but SS takes so long to level.. the Gradius +1 is onyl 700 endurance sigh >_>

hahah i want to do that too... but SS takes so long to level.. the Gradius +1 is onyl 700 endurance sigh >_>

Buy about 7 SS's, and go to slime pit while wearing a shield, and pick up the daggers and SS's you find.

SS Training AND Shield training at the same time! :lol:

i just got SS to 100... and the crit dmg is amazing.. but the range is... basically no range, u have to be in melee >_> 2nd thoughts about getting fencing X_X ....

I know this is about mage builds but it was mentioned earlier about wars getting 50 mag why is that needed?

100% magic skill = a faster cast rate.

Not at 99%, just at 100%