Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Sword Of Medusa/beholder Necklace

Hi there, while asking in game about the removal of the Sword of Medusa and Beholder Necklace I came up with a great idea about them.

Add them back to game, BUT !

Make them even more rare then they are on the usual HB Int/Usa, which would take alot longer to get one from snakes/zombie (and beholder for the necklace).

Besides making it drop less frequent, make it unique and attached to the player, so if a player takes a medusa sword/necklace from the ground, it's immidiatly attached to the player, it will still be able to drop on death, but I suggest making it invisible for others to see and take it from the ground.

Also, when a player already owns a sword/necklace, it should not drop again from the monsters, cuz otherwise one guy could kill snakes forever and make them drop alot of medusas and then letting others them pick up... each player should fight for his own sword/necklace.

Specific to GM's/Coders, there is already a part in the game server (game.cpp) to make items attached to a specific player (=unique items).

[Note: I have coding experience in C++, I'm a graduated programmer and currently in college]

Leave any comments, i'd like to know your thoughts about this, both players as GM's please.

Thanks & Greets,

WhiteFang

You think we disabled it because we are afraid it drop too much? You're wrong!

When it was enabled, we already adjusted the droprate (increased alot compared to original rates).

And why do we need to bind the sword to the player who picks it up? What difference will that make?

Your suggestion starts out with "Add them back to game, BUT !" Besides the BUT which is completely irrelevant... WHY add them back in the first place?

You think we disabled it because we are afraid it drop too much? You're wrong!

When it was enabled, we already adjusted the droprate (increased alot compared to original rates).

And why do we need to bind the sword to the player who picks it up? What difference will that make?

Your suggestion starts out with "Add them back to game, BUT !" Besides the BUT which is completely irrelevant... WHY add them back in the first place?

Without them it spoils the fun...

I got no reason to kill a snake or a zombie... or even a beholder when they don't drop these...

So what was the actual reason to remove it out of the game anyway?

HelBreath without sword of medusa and/or necklace of beholder is like a glass of beer without beer... it spoils it... atleast does for me, cuz I loved the sword of medusa so much :)

Have you ever used a Beholder neck before? i think it was never enabled...

The medusa sword kill the game play, doesnt make it funnier

Zombies drops Menu neck, keep killing them :P

Yes i've used beholder necklaces before...

I have more then 5 years of HB Experience, it would be sad not to have used a beholder necklace rofl :P

I don't like necklaces :P I'd prefer swords.

Well, IF the medusa sword would spoil the fun and kill the game play, why ever was it introduced into HB then...

Medusa Sword is strong, I know, mostly with it's deadly paralyze effect. :D

Well, think for example hb korea/int/etc hadnt the same gameplay like we have/play now...

Everyone fh with mass rare killing each other in 2 seconds and dieing like 30 times per day.

Now, it is more skill, more team play, etc

http://www.helbreath.com/service/screen/im...80304031033.jpg

http://www.helbreath.com/service/screen/im...71031110409.jpg

http://www.helbreath.com/service/screen/im...71005214635.jpg

http://www.helbreath.com/service/screen/im...50310213326.jpg

Medusa sword is a TEAM RAID sword, and nothing more.

It can be used to kill others in a hunt (Let the monster kill the enemy), but it isent as strong as it sounds like.. Ofcause if theres 50+ ingame it has dropped to much..

But in nem2, we havent tryed the medusa sword yet, and in raid days/sades we are up to 200 players..

It could be a lil fun to try it out a couple of times. Ect. GM's make an editted medusa, and give to a player for the sade. And after sade he gives back.. Just to see how it works..?

This is just a suggistion nothing else..

I've heard beholder neck has never worked, so thats the reason it's disabled..

i dont think medusa should be taken, but then again i feel its way over rated

1) you need a group of people to raid to make it usefull.

2) spike field, firewall and firebow make pretty useless

3) invis. pots/scrolls own it.

i think it should be allowed back in the game but then again ive played HB long enough

to know how to get away from it.

beholder neck never worked right on HBusa i dont know about other servers, so theres

no point in having them in game.

Well, think for example hb korea/int/etc hadnt the same gameplay like we have/play now...

Everyone fh with mass rare killing each other in 2 seconds and dieing like 30 times per day.

Now, it is more skill, more team play, etc

http://www.helbreath.com/service/screen/im...80304031033.jpg

http://www.helbreath.com/service/screen/im...71031110409.jpg

http://www.helbreath.com/service/screen/im...71005214635.jpg

http://www.helbreath.com/service/screen/im...50310213326.jpg

FRUIT?

?AND NO HAVE LAG LOL? XD

BH neck never worked in original files, so prolly requires a lot of coding

And Medu Sword just eliminates skill out of the ecuation. Idk, maybe its fun to kill some one like that for you...

every other great drops in HB still require some sort of skill to use efectively (cancell, inhibition, xelima weapons, etc) but not Medu sword. I think its just stupid...

Yes, if you think in a group of 3 "noob" players using a Medu you can escape easily. For example, you can cast recall, eat an invi pot and then wait & use a recall scroll.

The point is when they use it to raid with 7 players, everyone training, hunting, raiding or w/e will just die no matter what they do... With out forgeting there are enought Xelima weapons to combine with the Medu.

I see a lot more skills when they use IE sword+Xr/xb or mim+Xr/xb, you can escape, but if they are skilled enought... good bye and it is perfect.

Believe me, if a Medu Sword is at a good Elvine guild, none Aresden will go out of the shop when the medu is on. Same if aresden get the Medu.

Beholder necklace worked, but hackers figured out how to mimic the effect without using the actual item by using a reference to the item.

It was disabled after that, it was known as the "Beholder Hack".

So yes, it worked. HB admins didn't figure out how they did it, or were just lazy and disabled the thing.

Beholder necklace worked, but hackers figured out how to mimic the effect without using the actual item by using a reference to the item.

It was disabled after that, it was known as the "Beholder Hack".

So yes, it worked. HB admins didn't figure out how they did it, or were just lazy and disabled the thing.

see... every day u can learn something new :)

I thought they have never enabled it to avoid the beholder hack.

It is strange because there are a lot of server with the beholder necks disabled but there are still beholder hacks in those servers.

Guest Amigo~

wrong

medusa sword is good if its binded just to 1 player

also with no firebows on citys it should be overpowered even more

I thought they have never enabled it to avoid the beholder hack.

It is strange because there are a lot of server with the beholder necks disabled but there are still beholder hacks in those servers.

That's done through a different method.

Beholder hacks didn't work for a super long time. Kind of like the teleportation hack that was private.

ye i remember the times in hb int when everyone claimed that they have beho neckies ;]. that cheat/hack wouldnt work in nemesis because of active and loyal gms.

so what happens elg when every1 does finally get all those rares and every1 does finally end up with alot of rares like on Korea and USA when theres over a 100 fh's in each town and xbs and merien shields with ESW wtf happens then O THERES NO MEDUSA SWORDS but we have all these other rares so what happens O I KNOW WE'LL WIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

just put the sword in its part of the game and its ez to get out of if ur smart enough to do so i mean that is why we have guilds on this game

LoLs I was so pr0 in HBInt when I had my battle axe with 130 str and full swing hack. I had the beholder one also. Was so coolz when I fought some mage with a wiz hat, I think it was when they first came out. I had the magic cast hack for my LS mage, which my cousin haxx0red from someone jejejeje. I still remember the name, Ecstasy.

One of the most useful hax I had was opening up the shop menu wherever I was. Men beta was so much funz. I got trade hack from my cousin at one point also. I forget when though. I never got any good itens because people knew trade hack was out there so they were careful =/

Dusty[GN] almost banned me when he caught me speedhacking lolx. He followed me around for like 15 min after that and saw I stopped. So then he told me don't do it again and I won't be banned joj0jo.

Ahh those were some funs HB days.

LoLs I was so pr0 in HBInt when I had my battle axe with 130 str and full swing hack. I had the beholder one also. Was so coolz when I fought some mage with a wiz hat, I think it was when they first came out. I had the magic cast hack for my LS mage, which my cousin haxx0red from someone jejejeje. I still remember the name, Ecstasy.

One of the most useful hax I had was opening up the shop menu wherever I was. Men beta was so much funz. I got trade hack from my cousin at one point also. I forget when though. I never got any good itens because people knew trade hack was out there so they were careful =/

Dusty[GN] almost banned me when he caught me speedhacking lolx. He followed me around for like 15 min after that and saw I stopped. So then he told me don't do it again and I won't be banned joj0jo.

I KNEW IT ALL ALONG

I KNEW IT ALL ALONG

Like I said, get your hax from Cakes~

Well will take more than 5 years to see over 20 Xelimas, meriens.

There are FHs , Xelimas and Meriens, cancell, etc already... and we can still play.

While with just ONE medu could unbalance the game, Give one medu to a good Elvine/ares guild and the enemy city will not go out of the shop when the medu is on (like happened at neme 1)

plenty of ppl came out of shop and ppl still came to raid i know it because i used the medusa remember and raped plenty specially when me and malakai were on in the morning killing every1 plenty of ppl still came out of shop

and it wont take more than 5 years to get 20 x's just wait till ppl actually start hunting look we got what 2 or 3 x's already 3 or 4 cancels? 3 merien plates atleast and atleast 1 merien shield and i know its prolly more cuz ive barely been checkin up on this or caring who has what

Nemesis v.2 started 1 year ago.

There are 4 x's, 1 cancell, 2 Merien plate, 3 Merien shield.

In 1 year, and many of them dropped when the drop rate wasnt "perfectly" setted.

Anyways, if someone give good reasons to enable the Medusa sword the staff could change their thought about it.