What Happend With Server?

Short history:

- people joined

- people lamed eks

- people got banned for that

- people left

ever since population has dropped...

How ever we're planning to add new features over the summer:

- 3 new skills (Skinning, Salvaging and Enchanting)

- pvp tournaments (all vs all, 1v1, GvG, ...)

- scavenger hunts

- world quests

- new ores and ingots to mine

- new manufacturing items (+ DK set upgrading)

- new maps to play (Middleland Mines Lv2, Dragon's Lair, ...)
- new monsters (Golden Dragon, 6 un-revealed mobs, Rift Summoner, ...)
- new npcs for more quests

Short history:

- people joined

- people lamed eks

- people got banned for that

- people left

ever since population has dropped...

How ever we're planning to add new features over the summer:

- 3 new skills (Skinning, Salvaging and Enchanting)

- pvp tournaments (all vs all, 1v1, GvG, ...)

- scavenger hunts

- world quests

- new ores and ingots to mine

- new manufacturing items (+ DK set upgrading)

- new maps to play (Middleland Mines Lv2, Dragon's Lair, ...)

- new monsters (Golden Dragon, 6 un-revealed mobs, Rift Summoner, ...)

- new npcs for more quests

And will be wipe before new plan? Thank for answer.

The amount of rares and statted items is very low, so a reset is pointless.

To even out pvp events we will hold adjusted events that new and old are equal, so both have a chance to win.

May I ask why you want a reset?

The amount of rares and statted items is very low, so a reset is pointless.

To even out pvp events we will hold adjusted events that new and old are equal, so both have a chance to win.

May I ask why you want a reset?

I dont want reset. I only ask. Without reset will be fine. Thanks you much.

Short history:

- Server was launched with horrible configuration, involving "awesome features" like Invulnerability buff. (Even in late nem2 this feature was already hated so it shouldn't have been a surprise now...).

- People joined

- Players opinions were ignored, enough of this and we all get enough, people left.

- Asians lagged like hell and left.

- Horrible town balance in early months of the server. Later was "fixed" with even worse balance. Even more people left.

- Total lack of ingame/active GMs People keeps leaving.

- No events. Even the ones staying are getting bored, which results in problem mentioned on next line.

- Few people left keep killing new players 15x a day, they get pissed and quit. No new players coming in.

- GMs still keep thinking there is nothing wrong with the server/management and blames the players.

deja vu~ i remember the good old days of me playing nem 1 & 2 till 5am int he morning and waking up at 8am again to continue playing~ playing with my pals everyday rushing home from school/work to play. OMGGGGGG

deja vu~ i remember the good old days of me playing nem 1 & 2 till 5am int he morning and waking up at 8am again to continue playing~ playing with my pals everyday rushing home from school/work to play. OMGGGGGG

Those days have passed. Pretty much all the action in server has been killed. Wish you well Roy :)

Short history:

- Server was launched with horrible configuration, involving "awesome features" like Invulnerability buff. (Even in late nem2 this feature was already hated so it shouldn't have been a surprise now...).

- People joined

- Players opinions were ignored, enough of this and we all get enough, people left.

- Horrible town balance in early months of the server. Later was "fixed" with even worse balance. Even more people left.

- No events. Even the ones staying are getting bored, which results in problem mentioned on next line.

- Few people left keep killing new players 15x a day, they get pissed and quit. No new players coming in.

- GMs still keep thinking there is nothing wrong with the server/management and blames the players.

dude... ur a mind reader... +1

I can add like 10 more items in ur list, but not worth it

Short history:

- People joined

I see your point of view on the short history... let me place a short reaction to that:

- We changed configs and now have safe zones

- We listened to your opinions and made you safe zones, global chats, larger parties, more quests, etc...

- We have improved ping so asians (and everyone else) should lagg less

- Town balance is not an issue anymore, both towns just live in different time zones now only causing "inbalance" in off-peak times.

- We have increased GM activity now for the summer (While building automated systems to replace GMs)

- We have random events now outside of standard crusades, heldenians, apocalypse and the fixed weekly summon event (Invasions, Hide 'n Seek, ...)

We made nemesis just as you liked, change every single bit why people left... with the community promising people would return... Can't really say management is wrong here, we did exactly what you asked...

Those days have passed. Pretty much all the action in server has been killed. Wish you well Roy :)

Hope you are doing good too! Pwna/Karri !! Will be looking forward to a day where we'll play together again :)

we all ask for pvp events in arena like oldschool days . not new skills of enchanting, skinning, prostituting, etc..

All we want is pvp events in arena. nothing more nothing less. thats all we want.. if no fightss going on, i log off. As for many other its the same.

k thx bai

Much LuVv Yucka

we all ask for pvp events in arena like oldschool days . not new skills of enchanting, skinning, prostituting, etc..

All we want is pvp events in arena. nothing more nothing less. thats all we want.. if no fightss going on, i log off. As for many other its the same.

k thx bai

Much LuVv Yucka

Pvp tournament system is close to ready... I asked some ppl in game if they wanted new content now, or wait with content to finish tournaments first...

They said make us content because ppl will return when there is new stuff to do... So again I listened to the players and made you all new content to play and halted tournaments because that's what you asked...

And now you ask me to change again?

Short history:

- People joined

I see your point of view on the short history... let me place a short reaction to that:

- We changed configs and now have safe zones

- We listened to your opinions and made you safe zones, global chats, larger parties, more quests, etc...

- We have improved ping so asians (and everyone else) should lagg less

- Town balance is not an issue anymore, both towns just live in different time zones now only causing "inbalance" in off-peak times.

- We have increased GM activity now for the summer (While building automated systems to replace GMs)

- We have random events now outside of standard crusades, heldenians, apocalypse and the fixed weekly summon event (Invasions, Hide 'n Seek, ...)

We made nemesis just as you liked, change every single bit why people left... with the community promising people would return... Can't really say management is wrong here, we did exactly what you asked...

Yes, these have been good changes. Automation is a good thing sometimes, but players, at least not me, doesn't like fully automated events. Let's take summon event as example: same place, same time, same monsters in same order and later event closes even though you would be able to kill the next mob coming. More tools for GMs to make unique events instead of automation. More GM activity in game!

Now server itself starts to be okay, but is missing all the players so it doesn't seem attractive to play. Most of people who left still thinks Nemesis sucks. "A whore is always a whore" kind of thinking persists, so players doesn't even login to check if anything has changed.

When PvP tournaments are finished, make a "Welcome back" - event, let old(new ones welcome too!) players smash each other in tournaments and smaller events for new players to get a jumping start into game.

Reach 50 people online and players will notice by themselves it's a great server. More people should follow.

Yes, these have been good changes. Automation is a good thing sometimes, but players, at least not me, doesn't like fully automated events. Let's take summon event as example: same place, same time, same monsters in same order and later event closes even though you would be able to kill the next mob coming. More tools for GMs to make unique events instead of automation. More GM activity in game!

Now server itself starts to be okay, but is missing all the players so it doesn't seem attractive to play. Most of people who left still thinks Nemesis sucks. "A whore is always a whore" kind of thinking persists, so players doesn't even login to check if anything has changed.

When PvP tournaments are finished, make a "Welcome back" - event, let old(new ones welcome too!) players smash each other in tournaments and smaller events for new players to get a jumping start into game.

Reach 50 people online and players will notice by themselves it's a great server. More people should follow.

I agree the automation of summon events has become very static and doesn't feel as fun anymore as it used to be at the launch of this feature.

Automation is one way for GMs who also have little time to be in-game, just as the players have little time to play and want instant 180 and not spend hours leveling, same goes for GMs. GMs don't want to spend hours on making very very simple events like summon events or pvp events where all they do is stand and wait for one to win or the event to end. It's boring from GM perspective.

In regards of your summon event comments: As I'm more active myself now for the summer, I have been making summon events in other locations... but often those don't reach even half way of the waves. The last one I did was in ML at the central island, it got up to rudy and then it stopped cuz nobody was there to play (or ppl was doing other stuff than participate).

I do am open for suggestions and like especially your comment on same order, perhaps we could add a randomizer in this so a GM can choose to have the waves in a random order, or the fixed order.

In regards of being able to kill the next wave, this is a balance point. Each wave was balanced prior to the launch of the system, minor rebalances did take place (some waves got swapped in positions or had spawn numbers adjusted) yet more balancing is always possible and I'm open to see situations where you do feel confident you can handle the next wave, but where the next wave isn't spawning due to the minimum required player count... I guess this is mostly related to the highest waves of HC and beyond?

In January we launched instant 180 along with "welcome back" event saying we got instant 180 now... not many returned

Little later we also added in the 30 day corrupted sets and spells for new characters to enjoy and not be in such a high need of gold or feel underpowered vs existing players, so another welcome back event... not many returned

Just recently we have MASSIVELY improved the ping with people going from 300 to 150 ping, great and positive feedback from the current community on this as well. we made a welcome back event with free exp booster to get you going once more... not many returned

I fear that doing a welcome back event with tournaments won't return many players either... as you mentioned "once a whore, always a whore" is the kind of mentality players have, which is an unfortunate mentality because Nemesis does make changes (maybe not instantly on demand of 1 guy in the community, but over time and with consideration changes are made).

I agree the automation of summon events has become very static and doesn't feel as fun anymore as it used to be at the launch of this feature.

Automation is one way for GMs who also have little time to be in-game, just as the players have little time to play and want instant 180 and not spend hours leveling, same goes for GMs. GMs don't want to spend hours on making very very simple events like summon events or pvp events where all they do is stand and wait for one to win or the event to end. It's boring from GM perspective.

In regards of your summon event comments: As I'm more active myself now for the summer, I have been making summon events in other locations... but often those don't reach even half way of the waves. The last one I did was in ML at the central island, it got up to rudy and then it stopped cuz nobody was there to play (or ppl was doing other stuff than participate).

I do am open for suggestions and like especially your comment on same order, perhaps we could add a randomizer in this so a GM can choose to have the waves in a random order, or the fixed order.

In regards of being able to kill the next wave, this is a balance point. Each wave was balanced prior to the launch of the system, minor rebalances did take place (some waves got swapped in positions or had spawn numbers adjusted) yet more balancing is always possible and I'm open to see situations where you do feel confident you can handle the next wave, but where the next wave isn't spawning due to the minimum required player count... I guess this is mostly related to the highest waves of HC and beyond?

In January we launched instant 180 along with "welcome back" event saying we got instant 180 now... not many returned

Little later we also added in the 30 day corrupted sets and spells for new characters to enjoy and not be in such a high need of gold or feel underpowered vs existing players, so another welcome back event... not many returned

Just recently we have MASSIVELY improved the ping with people going from 300 to 150 ping, great and positive feedback from the current community on this as well. we made a welcome back event with free exp booster to get you going once more... not many returned

I fear that doing a welcome back event with tournaments won't return many players either... as you mentioned "once a whore, always a whore" is the kind of mentality players have, which is an unfortunate mentality because Nemesis does make changes (maybe not instantly on demand of 1 guy in the community, but over time and with consideration changes are made).

@1: Exactly, what I meant was that there need be tools for GMs to create events fast (automatically in most of the cases), but GMs should be around when the events starts. Some people might be lost how to join the event and have other questions. Seeing GMs around simply gives a feeling that someone gives a *censored*.

@2: Well, location wasn't really the problem. Just wanted to point out that those events are dull and repetitive => gets boring super fast. Most likely people just found something better to do than joining that event and of course lack of players shows here again.

@3: Mixing could work, but I wouldn't expect big change from it. Yeah, the event ending "early" was related to higher waves like TWs etc..

@4: It wasn't really an event. You just gave all new players a small bonus. That won't help if they join one by one, play alone and get raided 24/7. What you want is: many players joining in a short while, playing together, forming teams and guilds, becoming part of the community. Playing with people who are in the same boat. That's exactly what most of us did in the very begin of the server. Problems with spying have resulted in that not a single guild takes new unknown players.

@5: Well, we never can know anything for sure. Worth a shot though? Advertise and try change that opinion. It doesn't have to be an event. Just something that gets as much players as possible online at same for short while to make them remember why they played Helbreath in the first place.

Almost forgot! The ping update seems nice! For players to notice: Your ping might not been reduced, but game feels still a lot smoother now.

Edited by GeniuS

a whore will always be a whore , good one. just like yucka will always be the best. srs

on a serious note,

White, you dont change the goal ever no matter wht anyone says. The goal was to get a pvp tourny out, you never did. its close to completion? the server is close to death.

Now, I'm not bashing at you in any way shape or form. It is only you who does these things so everything is completely understandable.

but

all the players , atleast true to the game players, all we ever wanted was a pvp tourny. Not even a system, just fuarking EVENTS MAN. Just PVP EVENTS IN ARENA!!!!!!!!

FUARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

a whore will always be a whore , good one. just like yucka will always be the best. srs

on a serious note,

White, you dont change the goal ever no matter wht anyone says. The goal was to get a pvp tourny out, you never did. its close to completion? the server is close to death.

Now, I'm not bashing at you in any way shape or form. It is only you who does these things so everything is completely understandable.

but

all the players , atleast true to the game players, all we ever wanted was a pvp tourny. Not even a system, just fuarking EVENTS MAN. Just PVP EVENTS IN ARENA!!!!!!!!

FUARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I can do a pvp tourney every day spending 5 hours a day hosting it... or I could spend these 5 hours in finishing pvp tournaments... You'll be happy with the 5h spent on making pvp events every day for you, but you'll get bored and it'll be dull and the next thing you ask is "make a GvG event" and then my response is: impossible, there is no support system for it - because that's pvp tournament system's task - as GvG is so massive to host. Or if it's not a GvG you'll ask, you'll sure ask for a 1v1 tournament or a 2v2 because that be fun and cool to have, also there a bigger system is needed. Or you'll ask for additional restrictions such as "make DK only event" or "forbid statted items" or "don't allow armor changed" or a "make naked fight" or any other kind of fun fight you can think of...

A GM can only do so much to host pvp events where the upper limit a GM can hold is an All vs All.

I'd rather like to spend some more time finishing tournaments instead of spending time making a 5h pvp event. The 5h spent in development will lead up to countless hours of tons and tons more fun with tournaments.

On a more personal level: If you would of spent time helping to test tournaments instead of whine to me for not making pvp events you would see and know that the only steps left for tourneys to launch is to finish up the saving part.

Oh this reminds me, a moment I listened again to the community: Right before the launch of the 3 new skills I asked in-game to all present players if they wanted FAST update (almost no down time, just launch update) or a SLOW update which would be 2~4h down time in order to wrap up the saving and broadcasting of tournaments across servers... The community has spoken and requested a FAST update, thus rejecting pvp tournament wrap-up resulting in the current state where we have new skills, but not yet pvp tournaments... While if the slow approach was taken, we would have pvp tournaments AND new skills by now... Again, the community has spoken and we listened to the community... so complaining now that there isn't tournaments yet is very much contradicting yourselves as you've chosen not to have them yet (requiring us to setup an additional server for testing the saving and distribution of events)

dude i promise you i will never even use enchanting , prosituting , homosexualizing skillls ever. EVER

all I want i ever asked for is pvp event bye

dude i promise you i will never even use enchanting , prosituting , homosexualizing skillls ever. EVER

Even though this will encourage killing(laming) new players/ noobs, consider it this way:

The more people playing PvM content, the more raiding targets we got.

Best fights anyway happens fighting over the content, not in the events.

EDIT: Don't worry if you don't get it, I know thinking of the big picture is hard for you.

Edited by GeniuS

Even though this will encourage killing(laming) new players/ noobs, consider it this way:

The more people playing PvM content, the more raiding targets we got.

Best fights anyway happens fighting over the content, not in the events.

EDIT: Don't worry if you don't get it, I know thinking of the big picture is hard for you.

No I get it, what I dont get is why you go so hard on forums? go use your masters degrees elsewhere bra

If the server is so much better than it was at lauch, whynot relaunch? Vamp is working on a remake of HB world, Cleroth is near wiping and relaunching himself. The whole reason a majority of people quit was the instability and high ping of the server. If all this is resolved, whynot start fresh and give incentives to the people that actually stuck it out on the new release of the server. Everyone flocks to fresh starts, if it actually is a good server the population will stick.