Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Lagless & Nemesis Premium

Lagless and Nemesis Premium  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Are you using LagLess and consider Nemesis Premium?

• Yes I use lagless but I do not consider Nemesis Premium
    • Yes I use lagless and am thinking about Nemesis Premium
    • No I don't use lagless and I do not consider Nemesis Premium
    • No I don't use lagless and I am thinking about Nemesis Premium
  2. 2. Would you consider Nemesis Premium if Premium grants access to "Nemesis Lagless"?

• Yes I would get Nemesis Premium if the service is offered
    • I do not care if the service is offered, I would get Nemesis Premium anyway
    • No I would not get Nemesis Premium

We're aware that a decent group of players are using "LagLess" (a proxy server to connect to Nemesis).

We also know people pay for such services and have been considering setting this kind of service up ourselves.

I hear you thinking right there, "why would the nemesis one be better than lagless itself?"

It's not sure that it'll be better, but it should be in theory. "but why?"

LagLess has serveral servers randomized around the world, you connect to one that's close to you, and this powerful server will then connect to nemesis. You'll have a fairly low ping to the lagless server, but we do not know how much ping the lagless has to nemesis itself.

Nemesis server (the physical machine) is provided by a huge company that has serveral data centers over the world (alot is US, but also Singapore and Amsterdam). For Nemesis proxies we would hire a server in Singapore and Amsterdam. Most people who're using LagLess right now are close to Singapore or Amsterdam anyway. As those servers (nemesis game server and the 2 proxy servers) are part of a huge network, they can internally communicate over a backbone, which only has a couple ms of delay.

So with the nemesis proxies you'd connect to 1 of the 2 nemesis proxies, which you'll have fairly low ping. And then nemesis proxies connect internally over this backbone to the main nemesis server. As we said before, we don't know how much ping this "random" LagLess server has to Nemesis Main Server, but they're not using an internal backbone to connect to nemesis. So nemesis proxies would be alot faster as an internal backbone has only delays of 5~10ms, rather than perhaps a couple 100~300ms that the lagless server could have to nemesis.

As we're strongly considering the scenario from above, we would like to know your opinion if you're considering to purchase nemesis premium in the first place, and if you're using lagless, we'd like to know if you'd consider nemesis premium if nemesis would offer a similiar service as lagless to play nemesis.

If there are sufficient votes to have nemesis proxies, and there are sufficient nemesis premium purchases from those people who voted to have it, then we will actually setup these proxies and allow all premium users to use them. (Non-Premium users would not be allowed to use them unless the amount of nemesis premium purchases skyrocket over 150 a month).

To compare prices:

- 3 months Lagless: 11.5$ (= 3,8$ for 1 month)

- 3 months Nemesis Premium: 30$ (= 10$ for 1 month)

Ivoted no to lagless and premium. I am playing from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and my ping and connection are great! I feel like 10$ a month for a private server is a bit ridiculous. I think the cash shop could be tuned to sell stuff that people would actually spend money on ( and allow all these great new features to everyone).

el server deberia continuar como era.. todos estos cambios solo alejarian a la gente..

Mucha verdad.

Si no son de europa o de asia este topic no les incumbe. Busquen otro topic para pelotudear. aca estamos tratando de ayudar a gente con 600 de ping.

If u are not european or asian this topic doesnt concern u. Find other topic to complain please. we trying to help ppl which have 600ms ping here.

Ivoted no to lagless and premium. I am playing from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and my ping and connection are great! I feel like 10$ a month for a private server is a bit ridiculous. I think the cash shop could be tuned to sell stuff that people would actually spend money on ( and allow all these great new features to everyone).

ofc u no need lagless! u have the server on your corner!

A 2nd host have a montly cost for us. We want to make this test and if we have like 20 asians which will have ping lowered from 500 to 300 this is something possible.

And it have no effect over u. this topic isnt about adding or not adding premium! we doing numbers!

If you'd read the poll it is asking if you'd pay for helbreath premium. I simply stated why i will not be.

Where is the main server hosted? USA?

You're saying the proxy server has 5-10 ms delay to the main server (backbone). Is it actually possible?

I am speaking Singapore > USA.

If I am in Australia, it probably isn't the best option for me to route to Singapore then to the main server, is it? Unless of course there is only a 5-10 ms delay from Singapore to the destination server.

I am using lagless and will pay. I have 5-6 other players that would do the same.

This is if we do come back and play here.

toneeh, the 5~10ms I mention was rather a way of speaking.

The actual pings over the backbone between Nemesis (hosted in Dallas, USA) are as next:

Nemesis to Amsterdam: 120ms (steady)

Nemesis to Singapore: 210ms (steady)

If you wish to see how much delay you have to the potentional proxy:

Amsterdam: speedtest.ams01.softlayer.com

Singapore: speedtest.sng01.softlayer.com

We know from previous tests that Nemesis has a ping of 200~250ms+ to Lagless servers.

Nemesis to Singapore Lagless: 270ms

Nemesis to Germany Lagless: 200ms

I had both an EU and Asia player ping the lagless and potentional nemesis proxies, and I pinged from nemesis to their lagless. The difference in ping was as next:

EU player: theoretically 80ms faster with nemesis than lagless (he had 200ms delay to lagless proxy, 120ms to nemesis proxy in amsterdam)

Asia player: theoretically 250ms faster with nemesis than lagless (he had 270ms delay to lagless proxy, 70ms to nemesis proxy in singapore)

If you like to know your speed and want me to make a comparison, provide me the following information:

- IP Address of the Lagless Server

- Your ping (in ms) to the Lagless Server

- Your ping (in ms) to the chosen proxy (Amsterdam or Singapore)

Pinging Singapore: speedtest.sng01.softlayer.com I get 109ms steady.

Adding 200ms I will get roughly 309 ms? :(

Edited by toneeh

Currently I use la2.laglessproxy.com and ping 200ms to it.

Also could use da1.laglessproxy.com & da2.laglessproxy.com (These should be in the same state as Nemesis)

Add on the delay to nemesis ~ 20-50 ms I will get 200ms.

So for Australia this is our only option.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by toneeh

Nemesis to la2.laglessproxy.com: 33ms

Nemesis to da1.laglessproxy.com: 1ms

Nemesis to da2.laglessproxy.com: 1ms

So yeah, if you have less than 210ms ping to any of these 3 laglessproxies you're better off using lagless as the singaporian proxy would be a detour.

If you get less than 210ms ping to these 3 lagless, then you should also get less lagg directly to nemesis (can test by pinging helbreathnemesis.com), if you're below your ping to lagless + lagless to nemesis you should connect directly to nemesis. If you're far above, I recommend lagless in this case as softlayer has no servers near australia.

Ping to Hbnemesis = 250

la2.laglessproxy.com = 170-180

/cringe. Yum

so add +33 from la2 to nemesis, makes 213ms, you win 37ms of ping... if that's worth your money to use lagless, you should go ahead :)

Nemesis can't offer you any faster using the proxies.

so this lagless is a proxy or a vpn?

That stuff would be great for poland/koreans etc.

GL with that

To compare prices:

- 3 months Lagless: 11.5$ (= 3,8$ for 1 month)

- 3 months Nemesis Premium: 30$ (= 10$ for 1 month)

Thats already answer ur question... I do not want to complain, but everyone thought the same at the end...

wow i just saw pricing. it's kinda high for some people in some countries.

For people in developed countries $30 is nothing.. but others this can feed them for a month !

For people in developed countries $30 is nothing.. but others this can feed them for a month !

True, but if 30$ feeds you for a month, you can't afford a computer and internet connection either.

30$ is indeed a big price diff vs lagless, yet lagless doesn't give you any premium features to use, while with the premium ticket you get those premium features and on top of that (if sufficient subscribers and sufficient interest in the nemesis proxies) you get a faster proxy than lagless.

Mainly this idea is targetted to those people who use lagless anyway, and would go premium in nemesis... It would be a double pay of 30$ for premium and 11,5$ for lagless... would be a 43,5$ for 3 months of playing, while we offer a faster proxy and premium for only 30$. That way you could drop your lagless subscription and use the nemesis proxy ;)

@Moha: The nemesis proxy isn't a VPN.

True, but if 30$ feeds you for a month, you can't afford a computer and internet connection either.

30$ is indeed a big price diff vs lagless, yet lagless doesn't give you any premium features to use, while with the premium ticket you get those premium features and on top of that (if sufficient subscribers and sufficient interest in the nemesis proxies) you get a faster proxy than lagless.

Mainly this idea is targetted to those people who use lagless anyway, and would go premium in nemesis... It would be a double pay of 30$ for premium and 11,5$ for lagless... would be a 43,5$ for 3 months of playing, while we offer a faster proxy and premium for only 30$. That way you could drop your lagless subscription and use the nemesis proxy ;)

@Moha: The nemesis proxy isn't a VPN.

We taking good conclusions on this tpic anyway!

Joris. Doing with vpn than wingate will be probably faster, much easyer and less resource eater. And the autentication will work better.