Sign in to follow this  
lugiore

New Gm - Lesser Gm/apprentice Gm

hey all,

I would like to put up the idea of making a new GM, if not a new GM maybe then a Half GM, someone who has the power to tell people the answers they need and to give out the dk cp, warn people for bad behaviour etc. but also to give better support to all of nemesis. People are asking for GM help, and 9/10 normal player can't help the person because he has a question/problem only a GM can answer/help with.

I think if a half GM was made dont allow him to be able to create events or give out stones etc, just a GM who's only job is to answer Questions and dk cp etc, all the small stuff a admin/full GM shouldnt waste time on. A GM's job ( in my mind ) should be to keep the operation of the game smoothly, banning people, checking logs, createing new content, changing rules etc. the important stuff. If you create a new, lesser GM who's only job is the answering of questions, reporting of people breaking rules, handing out of dk set cp etc, would give better suport to both the current GM's to do thier jobs better and also to the new / exsisting players who need help. + it would mean that curent GM's and Admin's who spend alot of time answering of tickets and problems would have more time to play the game themselves without being botherd by the lesser duties of thier jobs

these are my thoughts on the subject, tell us what you think.

Regards

tim lugiore

P.s. I do not mean to say GM's dont work hard enough or anything like that, i , like all nemesis, greatly appricates all the hard work done for the game, and for us who play it. I just seem to think GM's arnt around as much as they used to be when i frist started playing helbreath. But i know this is because of life and the complications that arise from it and not from GM's being lazy or anything of that sort.

Edit: also remove the 5 lines in a signiture, i need more then 5 lines for my signiture lol.

Edited by lugiore

hey all,

I would like to put up the idea of making a new GM, if not a new GM maybe then a Half GM, someone who has the power to tell people the answers they need and to give out the dk cp, warn people for bad behaviour etc. but also to give better support to all of nemesis. People are asking for GM help, and 9/10 normal player can't help the person because he has a question/problem only a GM can answer/help with.

I think if a half GM was made dont allow him to be able to create events or give out stones etc, just a GM who's only job is to answer Questions and dk cp etc, all the small stuff a admin/full GM shouldnt waste time on. A GM's job ( in my mind ) should be to keep the operation of the game smoothly, banning people, checking logs, createing new content, changing rules etc. the important stuff. If you create a new, lesser GM who's only job is the answering of questions, reporting of people breaking rules, handing out of dk set cp etc, would give better suport to both the current GM's to do thier jobs better and also to the new / exsisting players who need help. + it would mean that curent GM's and Admin's who spend alot of time answering of tickets and problems would have more time to play the game themselves without being botherd by the lesser duties of thier jobs

these are my thoughts on the subject, tell us what you think.

Regards

tim lugiore

P.s. I do not mean to say GM's dont work hard enough or anything like that, i , like all nemesis, greatly appricates all the hard work done for the game, and for us who play it. I just seem to think GM's arnt around as much as they used to be when i frist started playing helbreath. But i know this is because of life and the complications that arise from it and not from GM's being lazy or anything of that sort. j

+1

sry damablanca i dont fully understand what you mean. i think there are plently of trust worthy people on nemesis, i dont know what you mean by this guy and time and luck sorry.

lugiore

hey all, I would like to put up the idea of making a new GM, if not a new GM maybe then a Half GM, someone who has the power to tell people the answers they need and to give out the dk cp, warn people for bad behaviour etc. but also to give better support to all of nemesis. People are asking for GM help, and 9/10 normal player can't help the person because he has a question/problem only a GM can answer/help with. I think if a half GM was made dont allow him to be able to create events or give out stones etc, just a GM who's only job is to answer Questions and dk cp etc, all the small stuff a admin/full GM shouldnt waste time on. A GM's job ( in my mind ) should be to keep the operation of the game smoothly, banning people, checking logs, createing new content, changing rules etc. the important stuff. If you create a new, lesser GM who's only job is the answering of questions, reporting of people breaking rules, handing out of dk set cp etc, would give better suport to both the current GM's to do thier jobs better and also to the new / exsisting players who need help. + it would mean that curent GM's and Admin's who spend alot of time answering of tickets and problems would have more time to play the game themselves without being botherd by the lesser duties of thier jobs these are my thoughts on the subject, tell us what you think. Regards tim lugiore P.s. I do not mean to say GM's dont work hard enough or anything like that, i , like all nemesis, greatly appricates all the hard work done for the game, and for us who play it. I just seem to think GM's arnt around as much as they used to be when i frist started playing helbreath. But i know this is because of life and the complications that arise from it and not from GM's being lazy or anything of that sort. Edit: also remove the 5 lines in a signiture, i need more then 5 lines for my signiture lol.

+1

We have such GM statuses available, called "Junior GMs", we got no gms of such rank as all of our current staff are people who've proven themselfs well worthy of the GM title.

In the past we has MVP's (Most Values Players), a group of entrusted players who has more things to say and had their voice in decisions and discussions, some sort of "elite" player group chosen by the staff... that in the end lead to the group being disbanded as people couldn't act appropriatly with their status and started abusing it or becoming inactive although they got this honoured status.

If you do like to help answering questions, you're free to do so in game or forum. I think many nemesis related questions can be replied by reading rules or looking trough the game information available on the nemesis website (= nemesis portal from the past), all info there is fairly much up-to-date since the update of the twins, except for twins themselfs missing in the monsters page and their related drops.

For any other questions ppl got, they can make tickets... I reply them every day ! :o

need find 1 for any language maybe 2 in english i hate translate o ro google translator for stand all ...

All of our GM's speak English, and 3 (4?) speak Spanish, 1 Portugese, and I'm not sure what other languages White[GM] speaks. If anything, we'd need someone who speaks some Asian languages, in my opinion. But again, that's only an opinion.

P.S.

About removing 5 line limit for signatures - No. I hate long signatures. Makes it too hard to read topics!

P.P.S

Before people start asking why we ask you to write tickets in English, it's because two of the GM's who often read tickets do not speak Spanish at all, or as their 1st language. It gets difficult, sometimes.

An Asain language GM would be a hard task to fill, due to the fact there is a number of Asain languages. I can speak stoner fluently if it is ever needed.

lol

All of our GM's speak English, and 3 (4?) speak Spanish, 1 Portugese, and I'm not sure what other languages White[GM] speaks. If anything, we'd need someone who speaks some Asian languages, in my opinion. But again, that's only an opinion.

My native language is Dutch, 2nd language according to country is French, but I don't speak french good at all lol (i sux speaking or writing it !), 3rd is German, i can partially understand spoken language, but not written, nor write or speak it myself. And 4th official language is English, which I tend to speak sometimes better than I can speak Dutch (my native language lol).

So basically I speak Dutch and English :P

I know Sky is from Finland, so he speaks native finnish, and Jaapy (inactive) speaks Dutch also as a native language.

Before people start asking why we ask you to write tickets in English, it's because two of the GM's who often read tickets do not speak Spanish at all, or as their 1st language. It gets difficult, sometimes.

Most tickets that require an Admin or contain information related to bugs or questions related to the game are answered by me, and I don't speak Spanish at all, so it's hard to impossible to solve or reply spanish or other language written tickets, so English is the primary comminication language in Nemesis as it is the mostly spoken in the entire world and is the language the entire staff understands.

wake up all gms ! :P i see 2 or 3 gms on game .. dunno how in tks but how much gms are really ?? 7-10 ??

Right now we have 4 active GMs handling tickets, and 5 total active GMs. Including inactive GMs, we have 11, I believe.

We used to have this MULE held by Hunter. Since it is not practiced anymore just give up some junks to old players but good for new players and help then keep going.

I never fail to give new players ogre rings dm necks ms 10 neck row m shield wands and all. Not trying to gain credit but to me it's useless but I just pick some from hunts( where ppl leave behind) and give it to them.

There are 2-3 cases where the new players got some nice drop and coming back to say the gie it to me as I helped them before!

As for the a GM that speaks Asians language I think it's rather tough as there is alot. Let's just all try to help the new and I'm sure more players= more fun

Enjoy all

We used to have this MULE held by Hunter. Since it is not practiced anymore just give up some junks to old players but good for new players and help then keep going.

I never fail to give new players ogre rings dm necks ms 10 neck row m shield wands and all. Not trying to gain credit but to me it's useless but I just pick some from hunts( where ppl leave behind) and give it to them.

There are 2-3 cases where the new players got some nice drop and coming back to say the gie it to me as I helped them before!

As for the a GM that speaks Asians language I think it's rather tough as there is alot. Let's just all try to help the new and I'm sure more players= more fun

Enjoy all

+1